Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  
Likes to eat.....

S/C/G: 196/160/138

Height: 5ft 5 inches

Default endometriosis

Hello does anyone else suffer with this horribe disease? I had an operation in feb to clear it up and it went very well. Then a month ago I found a lump and everything inside so to speak is gone all ropelike and sore. I have an app with gyne 3rd june and the gp ran a lot of tests to rule out anything bad so it looks like endo alright. It's soo pain full it's like I never had the operation that was the third one Now to add to this I am loosing weight and it's pulling it and tearing it and making me bleed. Then excercise is sore and can also cause me to bleed grrr, if i take my pain killers i get tired. I can only hope loosing the weight and eating healthier will make it a bit better. I'm sorry that was a long rant!
Jella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  

I have it as well and it made my life MISERABLE. Had 3 operations also. Finally, my gyn had me take birth control pills continuously so I do not get periods anymore. No periods, no pain but I still get all the wonderful symptoms - cranky, bloated, etc. THAT I can live with!
3chick1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #3  
Likes to eat.....

Oh I wish I could say the same i've continus on the pill since feb and no luck. Once ovulation comes i'm in pain then ok for a few days and back to pain It's nastly alright!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I have dealt with this for 6 yrs. Its aweful!!! I took the pill for a year without having a period and then went on them regulary and the pain stopped while on the pills. I found out I have high blood pressure and can no longer have the pills. I hurt from ovulation and then a few days before period its awful. MY only hope is that Im 44 and my period wont last that many more years. Dr has offered a hysto . but i really dont want to have surgery. Good luck. I also cant function and take pain meds. I start taking motrin a few days before im scheduled to start and take it till a few days after im done. It makes me feel like i have a bladder infection at times. I had all kinds of test ran and only thing they can find is the endom tissue.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM   #5  
Likes to eat.....

Hi today i'm worried because my spotting has turned into a full blown period. It is possile weight loss would cause this. My loss is fast due to my vlcd 7lbs gone is a week? Luckily i'll be seeing my doc tomorrow anyways. I would have had bleeding before when I joined the gym but i've not done heavy excercise becasue I can't it hurts too much! Think the pill i'm on is bad last month I missed one day and I seem to pay badly for it.
dgramie I am 26yrs old and have this for 3yrs, I know my gyne will suggest the injection again the one that imatates menopause. But I can't lose weight on it and last time my bone density shrunk so i'd have to take hrt this time think it's time to try a new pill
Thanks for all your posts
Jella
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #6  
Gonna be hot hot hot!

S/C/G: 141/TBA/105

Height: 4'11"

I have it and it really sucks! Really really sucks!

I can't really work out a week before my period or the week during unless I want HORRIBLE pains (you all know what I'm talking about). Even walking up a flight of stairs makes me hurt. It makes getting into a regular work out schedule very hard! Plus, I get so nauseated that when I actually can stomach something...it usually isn't something healthy.

Endomitriosis is such crap!
BellyUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #7  
Likes to eat.....

I agree. Even in summer winter going from hot to cold or cold to hot can kill!!! Then there are the cysts and I know the diff cuz they are well stuck and I can feel them pop....yuk I know! Or swimming? on my hol's last yr we went snorkling and I could only do it once, as soon as I got back in the boat I was in pain and bleeding
Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/180/170

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys this is one forum I hate that I can be a part of...lol. I also have endometriosis. I am 28 years old actually tomorrow and I have been dealing with it since I was about 13 or 14. I had one surgery and tried a hundred different birth control pills all having their bad side effects also. Mine is now for the most part under control with the pill, I take Yaz. But there are times when I cramp so bad it takes my breath and it is very difficult to work with. I just want to rip people's heads off. I feel for all of you women, as if we don't already go through enough let's add something else...ha. Jella you might want to see if your doctor thinks Yaz or something like it is good for you. It shortens your period but does not get completely rid of it and I have had no problems with weight loss on it. If I take a pill that stops my period completely it makes it worse for some reason. I know that is not the case for a lot of women just another weird quirk for me. Good luck with whatever you decide!
worleygirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #9  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I suffered with endometriosus for years and have had SEVERAL surgeries due to one surgery trying to clear it up...I had a hernia on the original surgery sight that was repaired not once, not twice but three times........then from one of those surgeries I got MRSA which is a severe staph infection.....no antibiotics actually kill it.......there is one that will send it into "remission" so to speak......So my first thing I would warn anyone about hystorectomy for a cure for endo.....I will shout at the top of my lungs DONT DO IT!!!

I was spun into early menopause because of this....I was 33!

Since all this happened and I found out what Hormone replacement therapy will do to your body.............breast cancer......or worse.....I stopped HRT.......then had all the horrible symptoms....

A friend of mine shared with me something that is a natural HRT.......and they have an all natural cream that will help with irregular cycles....and help regulate you to avoid endo.....my teen daughter was showing all the signs of it.........she used the cream.......her cycles became regular and less painful.....

I'm not "advertising" just sharing something that has worked for me and my daughter....if you want more info msg me.
DMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #10  
Likes to eat.....

Well i've had more bad news I have a spot of endo on the vaginal wall and its very sore and painfull. The gyne had given me progrestgren pills to take with the pill for 3 months and if this doenst shrink it I'll be having an operation again in september. I feel like it's coming back in other places too grrr but this new extra pill causes bloatedness worse pms and acne in some ppl and I hope I dont gain weigh oh and there is water retention too.....what a kill joy
Old 06-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #11  

I can only suggest some changes to diet to see if that helps.. a yeast free diet, no caffiene, no alcohol too, and eat some plain low-fat pot-set acidophilus yougurt from time to time.

A grim diet.. but worth the effort if you are in a bad way.

Oh yes, do some deep breathing relaxtion to some calming music.. you could also try Qi Gong as well, or some call it Chi Gong..

The natural way takes time so patience is in order..

Something to think about, best, Jenny
JennyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

I had endo and had a hysterectomy in April. I feel SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! I really hope that you get your answers and your pain goes away soon! (((hugs))
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199lbs/191lbs/135

Height: 5ft 4in

I had endo and adnomyosis. Both very painful! And had my period for 3 weeks out of the month every month. I suffered from that for almost ten years with out relief until my hysterectomy 5 years ago. I had complications after the surgery (blood clots and infections and my bladder shifted) so they had to reopen me to fix all those. I was in the hospital for nearly a month. But after all was healed up I have never felt better. Yes I do get night sweats and hot flashes, but compared to the pain they are welcomed! I actually laugh at the commercials for the napkins and such.

I hope you all find relief from your pain.

Sorry for the spelling errors.
Mechele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/163/130

Height: 5'3"

I was diagnosed with endomitriosis at the age of 18. I always knew something was wrong. I didn't even get my first period until I was 14 and they were always irregular and extremely painful. Anyway, I was away from home for my first semester of college and ended up in the emergency room with severe pain. I had my first lap where they removed 23 cysts from my ovaries and uterus and they removed my appendix because there was endo tissue growing all over it. 3 years later I had another lap to remove more cysts. After I had my second child, I begggggged my gyno to give me a hyst and he refused since I was only 24. I did get a tubal and during the operation, they removed more cysts. This surgery happened just a month after I had my baby. My body just likes to grow these suckers.

So here I am, almost 5 years later, no insurance and in tremendous pain. I do feel like it's hindering my ability to lose weight. On Thursday, I weighed myself and I was down to 162. I started on Saturday and today I weighed 167. I'm sure that it's water weight, but it's still frustrating. I hurt so badly that I can't work out. I'm still following a strict diet and eating less on days when I know I won't be able to go work out.

It's just so frustrating. I can't go to the dr and get it taken care of and it seems that even my new lifestyle is making it flair up worse. (This is the most painful period I've had in years.)
FoxyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote