40-Somethings - sushi...

View Full Version : sushi...

isacotto
05-17-2008, 11:17 PM
hi there.. anybody knows how to count calories on Sushi.. i like just the one with avocado and the california rolls...;)

PhotoChick
05-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Daily plate and a few other places have good figures for sushi. I tried one time to add up all the elements and then matched it to what Daily plate has and it came fairly close. I loooooooove sushi and eat it frequently.

California roll - is about 270 cals for a roll
Avocado roll - is about 250 cals for a roll, but has about 4 more g. of fat, because of the avocado.

ohmanda
05-18-2008, 02:16 AM
I love sushi. My local sushi bar has sushi for a dollar a piece on Mondays, so I try to fit that in my plan as much as possible.
Anyway sushifaq.com lists a california roll at 255, so I am guessing anywhere between 250-275, depending on how big the roll is, would be a good guess.

Katheryne
05-18-2008, 09:16 AM
The calories in sushi can vary a lot just because some places tend to like adding mayo to practically everything. You can also get a big variety just in how the rolls are put together - I ordered an avocado roll from a restaurant I hadn't tried before, and instead of a simple roll with avocado only in the middle, I got one with avocado in the middle and a layer of avocado outside over the rice, which I'm sure hugely boosted the calorie count.

Whenever I order sushi I always get California rolls and avocado rolls, but make sure to request they make it without mayo. I also don't use soy sauce, since if I eat it I end up bloated the next day without fail.

For your standard california roll (imitation crab meat, avocado, rice, seaweed) it's ~250, and for a small avocado roll (avocado, rice, seaweed) it's ~160.

jenimelt
05-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I too LOVE Sushi!!!:love: I have searched "calories in sushi" - "sushi calories" and have found several good sources. Try it out!!
;)

isacotto
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
thank you girls..;). i also did somenthing // i went to the China supermarket and got the pad to roll them ( 1.99 ) and the weed ( 2.99 ) .. i did them at home..lol..was fun.. my son who is 9 love sushi as me.. we had so much fun that you guys must try.. i got avocado, carrots and cucumbers,, did some rice with a lot of water and put it together.. sushi by William..lol.. tks again..:hug: