20-Somethings - Anyone with NCG Syncope?

View Full Version : Anyone with NCG Syncope?

CandyKisses0204
05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
So i have neurocardiogenic syncope. Basically just means sometimes blood doesnt get to my brain and heart and i pass out. Anyway i was just wondering if there is anyone here with it. I often get dizzy while working out and almost passed out a few times on the elliptical. UGH so frustrating! Also if you have this you know that your salt intake should be way higher than the average person. Ive been wondering if all the salt and the meds to raise blood pressure are hindering my weight loss. None of my friends have it so they dont understand what it feels like when were out and i need to sit cause i feel like im going to fall over or i cant see straight. anyone with syncope have problems while working out?

artsnsmarts
05-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't have this, but I'd imagine that if you have to up your salt intake, you'd REALLY want to up your water intake to keep yourself from retaining due to all the salt you need for your condition.

If you don't already, I recommend keeping a big waterbottle with you at all times, if possible!