Old 05-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/194/120

Height: 5"6'

Default two weeks and only 4 pounds gone

I am having a very hard time losing weight. I have been at this two weeks now and all I have lost is 4 pounds. I have been doing everything I am supposed to. I am not sure if I want to continue this, I am very discouraged right now. I wanted to be done more than that. I know it takes longer to get this fat off then it did putting it on but I thought I would be down more than this. If I remember right the many times I have done this before I lost it much faster than this time. I know I am older and that does play a part in the weightloss but at this rate I will lose the weight in two years.
daj3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

How much more weight did you expect to lose is 2 weeks? To be honest, 4 pounds is a great, healthy, sustainable loss for 2 weeks. In 2 years you could be at goal or you could be where you are today or higher. It is your choice. Do you want to be healthier, happier, stronger, in better shape (and weigh less)? If so, please continue on plan. You are doing AWESOME if you have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

A 1-2 pound loss a week is considered a healthy weight loss. You are right at the top of that, having lost 4 pounds in the last two weeks. You should be happy, not sad. Keep it up, you are doing a great job!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

da
I feel your pain but really don't understand your complaint with your weight loss. Try losing about a pound a week for a year lol. We didn't put the weight on in a day we aren't going to take it off in a day. 4 pounds in that short of time is terrific weight loss. As we change our eating habits and get some exercise into our daily routine the side effect is weight loss. This kind of weight loss stays off forever. You stay with it. Every pound you lose is a pound you never have to lose again.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 05-17-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

I can only echo what the above posters have said. 4 pounds within 2 weeks is GREAT weight loss.

What's wrong with it taking 2 years to get down to goal? That's how long it will most likely take me!

I'd much rather be down at my goal at the end of next year than to quit now and gain it all back and then some within that time.

It's a blessing that I've been losing at the rate I have. Fairly consistently, but not too fast. I believe that by the time I reach maintenance I will have had two years practice of eating healthier & exercising. And hopefully, if it does take two years, I'll keep that in mind so I don't gain it back! I'd rather lose the weight forever, than to lose fast.

Last edited by Lovely; 05-17-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/135

Height: 5'4"

Default visualize this..

a 1 lb box of land o lakes butter contains 4 sticks of butter....you just lost 4 boxes of butter of your butt (or 16 sticks)....keep that up, you are doing great!

Last edited by keepnsane; 05-17-2008 at 09:16 PM.
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/194/120

Height: 5"6'

Thank you everyone. I just thought it came off faster than it has. I just remember it coming off faster last time but maybe it did not. I am going to stick with it because I am tired of not being able to do the things I want to do and were what I would like to were. Thanks for putting me back on track, this is why I like coming here. Thanks again.
daj3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Sometimes the scale can drop a lot when starting a diet, but that is not fat loss. It is generally caused the initial dietary change of eating less volume and/or eating less salt which causes a reduction in the amount of, errr... "backlog" in your intestines and/or fluid being retained. I think a large initial drop, while exciting at first, can backfire because it is disappointing when weight loss slows to a sustainable rate.

So you might have seen faster scale drops in the past as you started diets, but those big reductions wouldn't be true weight loss.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #9  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Definitely keep it up! You are doing great to lose 4 pounds in two weeks! I am hoping for that kind of movement on my scale this time around!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #10  

Your expectations are way out of line with reality. It isn't safe to lose more than 2 pounds a week. How much did you gain each week when you were putting weight on? Slow down and learn how to change your eating habits permanently. Enjoy the experience and be happy with whatever you lose. Good luck!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote