South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend Cluckings

Good morning!

I'm about to grab breakfast (wish I had a Nessa bar!) and head over to the Church. The Sale starts at 8 but I have pots pf perennials to re-arrange and just know there will be more baking arriving which will need to be priced. The earlybirds (Seagulls!) will be there before eight and I need to be ready. I'm tired this morning after a busy week but will definitely nap this afternoon AFTER I print tomorrow's Church Bulletin!

We have the beginning of the summer tourists this weekend so should have a good crowd for the baking. (It's Victoria Day weekend.)

Have a lovely Saturday! If you need busywork, come and clean up my kitchen!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth! I wish I could come to your perennial sale. I'm always looking for a few new things to add to my beds.

I've got asparagus ends in the dehydrator and asparagus in the fridge to prep for freezing. Guess what I'm also having for breakfast?! Every year I try to get sick of asparagus before the season ends but it never happens

Looks like a drippy weekend here. Perfect for keeping us from getting too distracting from the household tasks at hand. Lots of vacation prep since we are bringing most of our own food, along with the usual weekend stuff. I do hope I can get into the garden a little and out to mow some of th lawn jungle. I have Monday too so I might get lucky.

I've got a full pot of Love Buzz on and you're all welcome to a cup
Old 05-17-2008, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jake wants to go out for bagels this morning, so I'll either have a pumpernickel or whole wheat one with light cream cheese. That means no more grains for the rest of the day for me, but I do love my bagels.

We're going to Trader Joe's for a big shop, and afterwards stopping at the garden center for some flowers for my pots on the back patio. The sun is going to play hide-and-seek, but I should be able to get everything planted.

I hope you have fun at the Sale, Ruth. Tell you what, I'll come help you clean your kitchen, then you can come help me clean mine.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Enjoy those fresh asparagus, Cyndi! I think I'll pick up some today while I'm out.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:22 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning chickies

ruth good luck with your sale
cyndi i too love asparagus
and Cottage... OMG I will give up all my grains for a bagel in the morning.. I've done it twice since i started counting clean days... seems to be working

we had a nice time out last night went to hear a band down in Fredrick MD.

hubby had a gall bladder attack so we were home earlier than planned...

I saw the gastro doc yesterday... he gave me something for the spasms of my intestines... i did not know I could go potty so much (and the scale is a whopping 217.6 because of it... there's NOTHING left in me... i feel like i'm doing a colon cleanse) he ordered a CAT scan for monday morning OH JOY! basically he's pretty sure that YES I do have IBS but we have to rule out all the other stuff....

oh and the MRI shows that I DO have a small tear in the meniscus of my left knee but my internist called me and told me "DO NOT LET THEM FIX IT" because I have NO PAIN in the knee.....
<deep sigh>

today is doing laundry and cleaning the house and DH is going racing in NJ....

tomorrow is a big costco shop!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning chicks, what nice days you have planned! For me I will be cleaning the bedrooms with the help of the kids (unwilling I'm sure). They're really getting out of hand (the rooms, not the kids). I also want to finish getting the winter clothes packed and in the attic. DS has horseback riding and DD has a birthday party in the afternoon. Tonight we plan to watch the Indiana Jones marathon, as they've never seen the movies and want to go see the new one when it comes out. The scale is my friend this morning, 2 lbs. down, so I can finally show a loss for May. Hmmm, clean eating = scale happiness, go figure.

Zeff
, congratulations to you, DH, and Calvin!
Nessa, don't you dare come up here again without giving me a call!
cottage, mmm, bagels. I haven't had one since SBD started. We used to have a great bagel place, but since we moved I haven't found one around here, probably all for the best...
Cyndi, where are you going on vacation?
Have a good day at the sale Ruth.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

Schmoodle we went to Griff's Landing...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Nessa, I haven't been there, did you like it? That downtown area is kind of fun. Several good restaurants. Reminds me a little bit of Annapolis without the harbor.
You were only about 10 miles from me. If you come up again and want to get together for a drink, let me know.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

THE FOOD WAS AWESOME..... i had the grilled portabello mushrooms stuffed with lump crab imperial.... and then blackened shrimp (spicy) ceasar salad...

small and crowded and i wore a shirt that was too big so with my push up bra i was all boobies.. i am sure no one was sure out of the six people (2 women 4 men) who was married to who....
Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone. Kind of rushed trying to get some work done so I can go play this afternoon and go to a friend's photography exhibit.

For all the horrid weather we had this week, this morning is just gorgeous and kind of cool.

I did something absolutely unthinkable yesterday afternoon. It was nasty outside and I don't cook on fridays and my husband said "I sure would like a hot dog from sonic" (he is a hot dog freak) I don't know why but I said "I want one too, with chili, cheese and onions". He looked at me like I was nuts, but got me one anyway. And then I ate the thing, white bun and all. Have to admit it was awesome. Then I promptly fell asleep for 5 hours. We laughed that it put me in a "weenie coma" and now when I die I'm going to go to "South Beach ****" for commiting that sin. So, I guess that was my cheat for the week...or maybe for the month!

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-17-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

or maybe the year CAT... "weenie coma" i like that.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Ruthie have fun at your sale, sounds like fun even though it is busy.

Cottage enjoy your bagel and have fun at Trader Joe's, thought I was going to get a chance this week to go but they moved the meeting that was by it. I have to back track if I want to go to Trader Joe's and with the construction they have going on the hwy I am just not motivated to go out of my way.

Cyndi enjoy your morning sorry the weather is not nice, we finally are in a good weather pattern and woke up to beautiful day, makes you smile when you wake up.

Schmoodle, congrats on the weight loss you are my inspiration that the scale will start moving back down for me- right now I am just stuck in an up and down cycle and I am back to weighing every day because not weighing in for about three weeks and just going by clothes was not a good thing for me : (

Nessa, I hope that all your medical issues clear up- if your knee joints are bothering you might want to go to Walmart and buy some Hyaluronic Acid or HLA, it really works....my right knee has bothered me on and off for years and then I heard a doctor talking about it and got the free month bottle they were trying to sale, it was a bit expensive but I found the supplement at Walmart- I just take one capsule a day and my knee no longer hurts and it has been a year since I started taking.

Cat have a wonderful day today.

Today we are going to goof off and enjoy the outside since the weather is so nice. I have been cleaning house so don't really have much to do and got the groceries on Thursday night so I can enjoy and not have errands to do.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

morning girls. Woke up "in the mood"......to discover that DH let his friend crash on the couch last night. So much for that.

I have to get to Michael's this morning to pick up some stuff for Calvin's craft project this afternoon.

He's been eating pretzels non stop since we bought them at Sam's. They are for sure his favorite food. He gets a big grin and takes little licks....then crams the entire thing into his mouth.

Not sure what's for breakfast today....something easy, I suppose. I want to make more breakfast bars. I think I'll make nessa bars They provide a great breakfast, and I won't have to cook tomorrow morning!

cat - mmmmmm. I hate hot dogs usually, but I love me a chili cheese coney. Those commercials kill me!

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-17-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! Hope this weekend finds you all well!
Ruth - I hope the sale goes well today. You've been working so hard I know the fruits of your labor will show. Enjoy your nap as well, you've certainly earned it!

Cyndi - I'm with you, I don't think I could ever get tired of asparagus. It's truly one of the "fruits of the gods." But I'm curious, why are you dehydrating the ends.....are you planning on using them later for soups? Just wondering....Have a good day getting ready to head out to Maine!

Cottage - I've played around with getting some bagels for breakfast, but I haven't done it yet. It sounds so good! Have fun at TJ's, don't go too crazy! And enjoy your time in the garden! Have a good one!

Nessa - Sorry to hear that your good time was cut short by your dh. Sounds like you were having a lot of fun last night. I hope you figure out all of your medical stuff soon, so you can really get back into the think of things.

Schmoodle - Crack that whip! Get those kids cleaning!!!! But how fun tonight, watching the Indiana Jones trilogy before the movie next week. That'll be a lot of fun! Do you have surround sound? Your kids should really like it! AND CONGRATS on your weight loss! Great job!

Cat - I LOVE the picture of the lilies in your album this morning, it's stunning! Thanks for sharing. And, I don't think your going to SBD ****.....purgatory, maybe, but not ****. We all have our flub ups every now and again. You've got to just make it work for you. Have a great Saturday.

Pearlrose - Sounds like you've got quite the carefree weekend ahead of you. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Zeff - I don't know if you went back to yesterday's chat, but if you didn't....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Very exciting! Have a great Saturday, and don't go too crazy in the Michaels (that store can be crazy for me if I'm not being careful)

Me - Can I brag for a moment....Last night I was prepping for my catering today and I made over 100 mini cheesecakes. I was SO tempted to have one, every time I took them out of the oven or into the tupperware, I literally had to talk myself through not having one. And I was successful! I really feel good, and I feel like my cravings are totally under control. Today is all about catering the show. I still have to get a few more things together and then it's off to the gallery for 6+ hours. When I come home I plan on crashing on the couch and hopefully catching up on some TV w/ dh. I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!
ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hmac - great job on avoiding the cheesecakes! That took some kind of willpower!

I have a huge problem with Michaels I always have to take DH with me and set a time limit. After that time is up, DH starts to whine and I start to want to leave to shut him up! I could spend hours (and hundreds) in that store.

Thank you for the congrats

I checked one of those due date calculators, and it looks like child #2 will be a Christmas baby. Due date is 12/25/08. Poor kid.
Closed Thread