Old 05-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default core take out

We have been doing good with core dinners when I cook but what do I do on nights I need to grab dinner on the way home?? The old standbys of pizza, fried chicken,or chinese are out. I guess another thought is to keep things on hand in the pantry/freezer for nights where cooking is out .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Ha ha! I think you hit the nail on the head... Plan ahead for times when you don't have time to cook, and keep something in the pantry/freezer that is fast.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #3  

Unless you count a side salad as dinner, there isn't anything to get out. Make extra and freeze it for busy days.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Why can't healthy be easy to fix and junk food be hard ???
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

For pizza places - get a salad with grilled chicken or steak tips. Most have some sort of salad. Just avoid greek salads due to the feta - or ask to have them leave out the feta. You could also do a turkey pocket and just count the pocket for a few points.

For chinese - I sometimes will get steamed veggies with chicken and shrimp. It sounds bland, but if you add some soy sauce its not too bad. Or go with egg drop soup, veggies and chicken and ask for light on the sauce, or chow mein, skip the noodles. There are some points, but not as many as the fried things.

Other ideas -- McDonalds, BK and Wendy's all have some sort of salads, try those with lite or ff dressings. You may need to pick out croutons or other non core things. For protein you could also get grilled chicken - may need to buy a grilled chicken sandwich and toss the bun. Wendy's has chili that is low points, try that with a plain baked potato.

HTH
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #6  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 162/156.0/127

Height: 5'5"

I'm facing this problem tonight. I need to get dinner on the road and I've been trying to think ahead of what I want to get. I think I'm going to stop by Wendy's and get 2 side salads (from the $1 menu) and eat some 94% ff popcorn when I get home.
BLKB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #7  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I hate when you have to eat on the go. I tend to stay away from that as much as possible. But sometimes you don't have a choice!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198.6/151/155

Height: 5'6

I find I have better luck getting take out if I go to a local place instead of a chain. They seem to be more flexible for making changes.

I get steamed chicken with broccoli or mixed veggies from my local chinese take-out place a lot. But be sure to specify NO OIL, NO SAUCE. I add a little soy sauce to it myself, and get brown rice instead of white.

Also- my pizza place makes a great chicken chef salad (the chicken has no oil or anything) with tons of veggies and I ask for no cheese or croutons.

With take-out or any kind of dining out food, don't be afraid to ask for exactly what you want.
JerseyJanaB82 is offline   Reply With Quote