Old 05-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #1  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Supplements?

I've always been a big vitamin pill popper. Do you take any supplements while on Medifast, and if so, which ones?
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #2  
Operator265

I made a mistake and took a multi for the first couple of weeks, but in the last couple of days I found out we're not supposed to since the MF food provides all the daily needs and you could overdose on Vitamin A & D.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #3  
I'm on my way...

Ok, but what about Flax oil, or glucosamine, or women's herbs? I'm sure I'll be taking those... you don't take any vitamins at all?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

I haven't taken any supplements...yet. So, I really don't have much advice, other than what Operator said about steering clear of multi-vitamins. I'm still fairly young and healthy so there isn't really a need for me to take anything else right now. I've read about hair loss on the diet, and if that happens to me, I'll probably start taking fish oil or biotin. I'm actually starting to think of taking them anyway as a preventative measure. It can't hurt. I've also considered Omega3 capsules. I'm not sure about that though. I might just increase my fish. I like to get my nutrients naturally where I can, you know?
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #5  
Operator265

I've been geeting the Omega 3 with my order. I haven't been remembering them in the last week or so, and I think it may be having an effect. I'm on graves also, but this week has been unusually uuhhhhh different. I've been getting light but constant headaches all shift, general confusion and such. Plus TOM arrived yesterday before work. I think my postings may even show signs of it. With so many factors though, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I think for now I'm going to go try getting some sleep and see how I feel this afternoon. Love Y'all.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/197.6/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Fish Oil, extra B and fiber tablets here!
Wimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/198/140

Height: 5'7"

I take flaxseed oil capsules with primrose and biotin. I also occasionally add a calcium tablet.
amazingplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #8  
I'm on my way...

Default 2 weeks in

Yeah, I'm taking a few supplements, but not as many as before. It's a huge relief to get the equivalent of a multivitamin in the packets. I can feel a difference, I think I'm absorbing them better.

I'm still taking - a product called Mobility Essentials which has the glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM plus a few other things. I'm taking Flax oil (lots) and Fish Oil (some). And I'm thinking of adding in a supplement with extra MSM and some silica, for my hair and skin.

But I have to say, I feel better than I have felt in YEARS.

Oh yeah, and I'm down 13.4 in 2 weeks...