WW Clubs and Groups - #200 Bale of Turtles--Boot Campers!

Itryharder
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
05-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi Turtles,
I had a good WI this morning. After being on vacation for six days and hosting Mother's Day when I got back, I still lost .2#. Hey, I'll take that and run!!. Now I need to get the exercise back into play. I've got a good dinner in the oven for tonight and since I was hungry, I had a salad about 1/2hour ago. I'm really trying the idea of not eating unless I'm hungry and then when I eat, I try not to eat beyond feeling comfortable. Good habits to gain and good to get rid of poor habits.
Good luck to us all!
Princess, the cost of living is sky-rocketing here as well. There was a line at a gas station here because the gasoline was only $3.93/gallon.

Well, we're all going to do our best and keep on keepin' on. I hope you don't have to find a part time job but I know you'll do what's best.

Bandit, any more gardening projects?

Ladybug and Chrily and Cherry, how are you guys doing?
Best of luck to all.
Judy
234.6/215.8/thinner into onederland :cool:
I've gotta get in gear because I promised myself I'd be 15# thinner by July 4th.

Princess1122
05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone! More rain today... rain for the weekend as well... UGH! I just need some really warm and sunny days I think, it would pick up my mood and keep me going. I am on track for a loss this week, sure hope to have a good W/I! We just did low point grilled cheese last night for supper, nothing special, I just was not in the mood to cook and was extra sleepy for some reason, I was in bed by 8:00 and asleep by 8:01... LOL. But it felt good and I think that I really needed that.

Judy: Fabulous W/I for you! Way to go! I think that you will make your goal or at least come darn close! Keep it up!

Have a great day everyone!
Princess

CherryAutumn
05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
On tuesday we ended up in the basement because of tornado sirens going off for 45 min. I guess several wall clouds were spotted in town. It was kinda scary. We had some tornadoes hit on Saturday a town away from us that killed atleast 6 people so it was un nerving.

Itryharder
05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Turtles,
As you can see from the extra #200 threads for turtles that I started I'm having lots of trouble with my computer. The threads just weren't showing up at all. I'm very glad Princess posted since that's the thread we'll use. I'm going to see if the moderator can eliminate the other #200 threads so it won't be confusing.

In the meantime, go Princess, go!!! You're on track for your WI. Hey, maybe it's the weather because I was extremely tired the other day and slept far more than usual. I think it's good to pay attention to your body and that's what we did.

All goes well here. Had a hard time waking up this morning, but I'm doing fine now. Lots going on. We've got company tomorrow night for dinner and I'll have to shop and clean today, plus we've got a salesman coming in to give us info about A/C. We'll see how that goes.

Okay, everybody have a great day and keep on Boot Camping!
Judy
234.6/216/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
05-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh Cherry, you and I posted at the same time. Thank God you are all safe.
Judy

Princess1122
05-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Cherry: I feel for you! We get that here a lot also... they are very scary. They rarely come into the city but have on a few occasions and often skirt around the city and come close. So glad we have a basement!!

Judy: I was thinking the same thing about the weather and just not feeling wonderful lately... hopefully mother nature will help us out!

My boss came in the morning, he is very concerned about money, like extremely concerned, have never seen him this bad before. I fear a layoff is in my very near future... UGH! I have decide to let it go and let God show me the right path to take... I can collect unemployment for a while and look for a full time job or a couple part time jobs if in fact I do get laid off... I sure hope who ever takes over our presidential office get this under control fast! I was hoping it would be Hillary but I am not sure that is going to happen... oh well, again, I will let God worry about that.

bandit2
05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone:

Cherry - that must have been so scary (we usually don't get that kind of stuff up here, thank goodnesss)

Judy - weigh to go on your w/i. A loss is a loss - always nice to be in the negative when it comes to that.

Princess - hope you have a great w/i this week & here is the recipe you asked for.

Chicken Tacos:
4-6 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
1 - Large jar salsa (any variety)
2 - cans black beans (rinsed & drained)
2 - cans whole kernel corn (drained)

Place chicken breasts in crockpot and dump everything else on top.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Enjoy.

When I made this I used 1/2 ingredients & still made 6 cups which I calculated to be 4.5 points each. I shredded the chicken when done & put on top of tostados & added some shredded cheese & ff sour cream & abit of hot sauce. You could also made quesidias with this mixture.

Nice & sunny right now up here, but calling for rain Sat & Sun. Hoping to get more yard work done tomorrow before heading up to trailer on weekend.

Have a nice long weekend.

Princess1122
05-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! DH is going to a bass fishing tournament this weekend so I am on my own for W/I tomorrow morning. I have a massage scheduled for early afternoon tomorrow also (I got a freebie from my chiropractor) then it is off to pick up my MIL and on to Lowe's' to get some flowers and plants. I am going to get my house work done tonight after work so that I can work on the yard and gardens in between the rain drops over the weekend, but now the weather man is saying that we will only be having scattered showers so who knows!

The city is starting to get crazy here, with the Indy 500 at the end of the month most of the drivers are already in town and there is always much excitement around the occasion. Since I am a transplant here via the east coast I could never figure out what possessed them to have a race here in May, LOL, it rains almost the whole month! But I am not a huge race fan so it does not really affect me as much as others that live for the sport.

Bandit: Thanks so much for the recipe, it sounds wonderful and will be on the menu for next week. How did your W/I go today?

Judy: You really are doing great! Like Bandit says, we will take anything in the downward direction when it comes to W/I... LOL, we are not that picky :D

Cherry: How are you doing? Did you get everything cleaned up from the storms?

I will check back in later on to see what is going on, have a great on plan day ladies!
Princess

Itryharder
05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Turtles,
(I'm still having crazy times with my computer, so please ignore the extra #200 BAle of Turtles threads--egads)

Princess, I hope your job holds on. You've worked hard to improve your education in the training class, etc. etc. I think you're smart to leave this in God's hands. You'll prevail no matter what, but I sympathize with all the worry this causes. Good luck on your WI and here's a :grouphug:

Bandit, thanks for the chicken recipe. I love crockpot recipes because I'm more energetic in the morning when I can set up the crockpot and then later everything is all cooked and ready to go. Good luck on your WI.

Cherry, here's a :hug: to help you get over tornado jitters. We get hurricanes here but twice I was in the midwest during tornado watches and they're so scary to me. Good luck for a great weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend. I've got a good meal planned for tonight and the weekend should be really nice.
Judy

bandit2
05-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone:

Just got back from my ww meeting this a.m. & was down 1.8# giving me a total of 5# down over my last 3 weigh ins, so was happy with that.
My goal this week is to get in some excercise & stay OP.

Will be opening my trailer tomorrow & am going shopping for the basics today.
Will be stockin up on good healthy things this year & eliminating as much junk as I can.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Itryharder
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Bandit!!!! :bravo: :goodscale: :woo:

What a great WI and what a great weight loss. Yeah, I'm with you with stocking up on good foods and avoiding the others for your trailer. Very smart--you're making it easier on yourself to do the right thing.
Weigh to go!
Judy

CherryAutumn
05-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Bandit- Great job on the loss. You are working the plan and that is great.

Judy - Thanks for the hugs. I will try to be concious of what i eat this weekend

Princess- Thankfully we didn't have much to clean up but a few towns around us got hit pretty bad. It was sad to hear about those who lost family members in the storm.

Jane
05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Judy and all Turtles, :wave:

Just popping in to say I deleted the duplicate threads and would have done it sooner, but my family and I just got back from a Florida vacation this morning. Anyway, please don't worry about the duplicate threads. I've done the same thing with my silly computer more than once!

Have a good weekend. :)

Itryharder
05-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Jane, thanks so much. I hope you had a great trip!
Judy

Princess1122
05-18-2008, 07:46 AM
morning all and a very happy Sunday to everyone! It is just a beautiful morning here! Just too wonderful, the sun is shining and it just looks wonderful outside. I went to W/I yesterday and was down 2.0 lbs, I am now officially 2 lbs from my 50 lb mark... but as luck would have it I woke up this morning to find that my TOM has arrived... AGAIN! UGH! Oh well, not much we can do about it... just sad because it almost always means a gain next W/I.

Bandit: YOU GO GIRL! Great loss for you! You are really doing wonderful and it just goes to show what a re-commitment can do for us all, not to mention I think that it shows how much going to meetings really does help.

Judy: How are you doing this weekend?

Cherry: My heart just breaks for those families, I am very glad that you and yours are safe though.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Princess1122
05-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! I did a ton of yard work this weekend and also got the vegetable garden planted... we did tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, and zucchini this year... one of my co-workers has a couple extra broccoli plants for me so we may try those also. Not much else is new, I did not get any walking in this weekend but I figured with all the yard work I should be ok but I should have made time to at least take the dogs for a walk. It turned out to be a pretty nice weekend here although it is chilly today.

Did everyone have a nice weekend?

Have a great day all!
Princess

Princess1122
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday... where is everyone? Not much new here except looking forward to the long weekend coming up!

Have a good day!

CherryAutumn
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Good morning Princess. I have been reading your posts i just hadn't gotten around to posting. Sorry you had to talk to yourself 3 days in a row. Your garden sounds like you will have some tasty veggies and fruit to eat. I love greenbeans and tomatoes from the garden. I also like the snow peas from the garden to. Also congrats on being down 2 pounds and being only 2 pounds from your 50 pound mark! THAT IS GREAT!

Hope everyone else shows up soon and is doing well. I will try to stop by to post more later.

Itryharder
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Princess and all the Turtles,
Princess, :goodscale: weigh to go!!! :bravo: You did great. Even with the TOM your new WI might be the same which really means you will lose weight the next week. You are doing fantastically well. keep up the good work!

Sorry I couldn't write--extremely busy weekend and then my dh and I headed out to the end of the island for alittle break. Food wise I'm off track, but I will go to my WW mtg. tomorrow and get back on track then. I am determined to do well.

Bandit and Cherry and Ladybug and all the Turtles--keep on doing well and here's a :cheer: to get you on your way!
Judy

Princess1122
05-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Morning all and Happy Wednesday! The long weekend is coming and I for one can not wait! I will be leaving work early on Friday, I have two dogs that need to go to the vet for their check-up... ugh, that is never good on my budget but they need to go so go they shall...

The sun is out and it looks like it is going to be a nice day today and they are calling for nice weather this weekend, I could not ask for more!

Judy: Good luck at your W/I, I know you will be back on track with your eating soon.

Just my thoughts here but I think that we are all looking at a diet with an instant gratification mentality and that is where we fail, if we just keep our heads down, climb back on when we fall off and take it day to day then I think that there is no way we can fail. Again, just my thoughts.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Itryharder
05-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Princess, You are big time right! I got on the scale this morning at home and even though I ate huge yesterday my good habits are really at work all the time. I am heading to my mtg. right now. Good luck at the vet with your dogs.

I'm on track and looking at the big picture. I also need to get to a breakthrough weight and that's what I'll be working on this week. I'm not sad and I am determined. I also recognize that some emotional pulls still like to be satisfied (temporarily) by food. So, I'm planning my food, eating within my points and keepin' on keepin' on.

Princess, you're so close to a fabulous goal. Weigh to go.

Bandit, you've been doing great. How are you?

We've got a big luau planned for this weekend but since I'm in charge of the food, I'll have plenty I can eat and stay on track.
:grouphug: to us all.
Judy

bandit2
05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone

Been busy up here with our long weekend last week & opening trailer etc.

Princess - nice job on your loss. That is great

Judy - way to go with "keeping on" Keep going & your results will come

Cherry - hope you are doing well.

So, you guys have your long weekend coming up. I always forget we are actually in different countries & have different holidays. Silly me!

I hope you all have a great long weekend. I have my w/i this Friday & hoping I didn't sabotage myself over my long weekend. Easy to do, even with good intentions going in - so prepare & plan ahead!

Have fun.

Itryharder
05-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Bandit, good luck on your WI. You're doing great! :goodscale:

Princess, I'm taking your words to heart. They're a good help. :woo:

Great day today. I'm eating when I'm hungry and cutting back on portions a bit. I tried having 1/2 sandwich for lunch and got hungry for dinner earlier so I ate! Duh. The WW mtg. was inspiring. Talked about what preps we have to make for the long BBQ season ahead=-what will become habits and what will we still have to overcome as challenges. :chef:Good thinking. I've got some handy BBQ salads and just found a new one that I think will work with spinach, avacado, and mango. Haven't tried it, but it sounds yummy.

Okay--Cherry and everyone--take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/up more than I'd like/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
05-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! The city is going wild here, they are gearing up for the Indy 500 this weekend and it was also announced that Indy won the right to host the Super Bowl in 2012... All of us that live here are trying to figure a way to get out of the city this weekend while everyone else is trying to get in... too funny!

DH came up with a wonderful idea for this weekend... we are going to go canoing on Sunday, just the two of us... and maybe a trip to the zoo on Saturday, the Koala bears are on loan to the Indianapolis Zoo for the summer and I would like to go and see them, they also have a new under water aquarium that I would like to see... Actually, I have lived here since 1995 and have never been to the zoo here. Used to go to the Philly Zoo all the time when I was a teenager but have never been here and I hear that it is really a fantastic place.

For once they are not calling for rain until late Monday evening so we may actually luck out this year and not have a rainy holiday weekend! Yah! DS and his girlfriend have tickets to the 500 so they will be heading over to the track on Sunday for the race but DH and I will be heading south for our day on the river and a nice canoe ride.

Judy: You are doing great! Keep at it and you will be at your first goal in no time and then it gets a bit easier, I think anyway, because you are more motivated. I miss Ariana's post with all of the tips and hints she used to give us, I am no where near as inspirational as she was.

Bandit: Good luck at your W/I tomorrow! I know you will do great!

Have a happy day everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Princess, I loved Ariana's suggestions too. She always hit the problem on the head and gave good advice. You're saying the right things for me and I really do appreciate it. By the way, my computer is still kicking its heels and somedays I can't get on this site, but I'm always thinking of you turtles and wishing you well. :cheers:

It is so funny that you guys are looking to get out of town while all the strangers are pouring in. I don't blame you one bit! I think your garden sounds fantastic. I'm going to try and see if I can't get some plants into pots for the backyard where I've got a lot of sun. A real garden would be too much for me to handle, but a few plants would be wonderful.

Bandit, have a great weekend. Yeah, we're country neighbors. Isn't the internet amazing?

I've gotta run and buy food for the weekend. We've had cold and rainy days here for quite a bit now, but the weekend weather forecast is good, so I hope the forecast comes true.

You all take care and be well.
I'm already down a pound from yesterday and I'm working hard at this.
My immediate goal is 214# at home. I can do that this week.
Judy
234.6/working on it for real/thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Princess, have a wonderful time canoeing. That sounds like so much fun.

I've gotten a lot of work done today and I stayed OP so I'm very happy.
I did something for dinner and I don't know if anyone would be interested, but here it is:
Creamed Cauliflower and Peas
Cook frozen cauliflower and a small amount of peas until done.
Strain, then make a white sauce with 2t. olive oil and 1T. flour. Cook two together for about a minute, then add about 1/2c. ff milk. Cook until thickened, then add back the veggies. I ate a huge amount and I calculate it as 3 points and a good way to get my healthy oil in since I'm not a big fan of raw salads. I've done creamed sauce for carrots, brocoli, pretty much anything--especially mushrooms--and it's delicious over meat or on the side.

Take care and be well.
Judy

bandit2
06-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone:

Was alittle confused trying to find where we left off, but then read about them losing information posted after May 22nd.

I did my w/i and was up 1.2# this week, so wasn't very happy about that.

The weather is crazy - last night had to wear my jacket & today was 31 and very humid. Suppose to be hot & sunny tomorrow then storms on Sun/Mon.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Itryharder
06-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Turtles,
Yes, I guess the maintenance done on the website lost our later posts.

Bandit, I'm sorry about your gain because I know you were looking for a loss.
This is temporary and it'll come off this week.

Weather has been nuts. We're raining and humid, looking toward temps. in the nineties for the next few days.

Today is my dd's surprise party which should be a lot of fun. Her new dh planned it and we're looking forward to a good time. Tomorrow we're heading to my other daughter's for a BBQ. I'll bring some healthy choices for myself such as veggies and fruit. I'll also bring a couple of ff hot dogs since they are pretty tasty and much better in points.

Okay, gotta run. Everybody have a good weekend and chime in when you can.
Judy

bandit2
06-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi ladies - I don't know if your news follows it, but all the GM stuff going on up here is where I live - Oshawa, Ontario. Not very good for some of the people here.

Anyway, I am just getting ready to head up to my trailer since today is going to be very hot. So will be nice to be near the water.

Have a great weekend!

Itryharder
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, is your area where GM is closing the SUV and truck plants? This is a tough time our economy is going through. I wish the politicians had had the foresight to do something about this when they had the time to correct our dependence on oil. ugh.

Princess, please tell us you're not in the part of Indiana where we're seeing the huge floods. I know you've been writing about floods, but I"m thinking a few inches of water in the roads, etc.

Everybody--God bless--we seem to be coming into tough times.

Hot as blazes here. Yesterday the surprise party went off really well and we had a very good time. I chose well at the restaurant and if there hadn't been appetizers, I would have done great! I just woke up, so now I'll go and post the points and keep on moving on.
Judy

Ladybug2680
06-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Hello all. I apologize for not being in as often as I should. I have determined that I need to check in daily for accountability. I haven't been OP for a while now and I can say that it has not been good. With that said though my DH and I will be starting back as of tomorrow (June 9). I'm excited to say the least and look forward to getting this weight off.

I also already have my exercise program figured out. I have a membership at a local gym. I will go there 6 days a week and work out for an hour and then I plan on doing the WII Fit at home.

I will check in tomorrow with my menu for the day.

bandit2
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi turtles:

Yes, Judy they are suppose to close down the truck plant here in my city.
This is where GM all started. It will definately have an effect on lots of other businesses as well.

My weekend was pretty good - it is really hot up here & suppose to storm later.

I haven't been doing well with my food over the weekend. One thing led to another & have had too many snacks.

Will definately have to get back in gear tomorrow. Hope you are all doing better than myself.

Stay cool & keep safe!

Princess1122
06-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Morning all and happy Monday... crazy weekend here! Yes, we are where all the flooding is going on and the dam's are breaking and the houses are under water... all I can say is that mother nature must be really pissed off! Did not go to W/I on Saturday due to the weather and my mom being in town. DH was in his fishing tournament and on a lake when one of the dams gave way... he was fine and did manage to make it home safe and sound but it took him forever to make the trip.

Judy: No, when I say we are flooding we are really flooding... I will post a picture later in the week of what it looks like out my back door when it is flooding... and the pictures that I have are not even the flooding at its worst... but you will get the idea. They are on the laptop and DH has it on a business trip that he was supposed to leave on last night but they got canceled due to the weather... he is supposed to fly out again this morning... will have to see what happens.

Bandit: My thoughts are with you guys up there... we are the same down here, lots of companies that have been here for years and years are pulling out. I am still holding on to my job by a thread but I hear a ton of people in my area saying the very same thing... ugh!

Ladybug: Glad to have you back! Congrats on the restart and post here often with your progress, tips, and thoughts.

Have to run but will check back later on!

CherryAutumn
06-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey guys i am back from a weekend long convention in Kansas City. It wasn't good for my eating lets just put it that way.

Ladybug - So good to hear from you again. Just post here daily and you will get lots of support.

Princess- Hope that you guys and your house will be ok through this flooding.

Bandit - We both need to get back in gear this week so we will re start together.

Judy- Glad to hear the suprise party went well and that you made good choices.

Itryharder
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
It's good to see more turtles posting. It's always uplifting to see more people doing this together. :grouphug:

Princess, that's terrible about the flooding. The news here has been covering the floods and it looks awful. :hugs: to get you through. And :goodvibes: for you and your dh keeping your jobs. These are tough times. I know upstate NY continues to be depressed as far as jobs, etc. Long Island where I live is doing better, but stores are closing and going out of business at a visible rate.

As far as food, my weight is up, but I'm counting on WW insight working out for me. Over the weekend I was as careful as I could be and I counted in everything. I had the Hebrew National FF hotdogs in the house and the BBQ was great. My dd brought corn on the cob and my other dd (whose birthday it was the day before) b rought a dessert and Italian sausages for the grill.
I made a quick and low cal cole slaw (much better in points than a pasta or potato salad and less work too) and we all had plenty of food and lots of laughs.

This weekend coming up will be crazy, but good. Friday night we're having a murder mystery and Sunday is Father's Day here. My ds and his kids may come for the weekend--we'll see.

I'm watching points very carefully today and when I was out running errands, I got a lot of food that is wonderful on WW;s.
Okay==enough about me.

B oot Camp everyone!!!!! We can do this one glass of water at a time. :cheer:

Judy

Princess1122
06-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! Hope that everyone is doing well and staying on track... I got my TOM - AGAIN! It is coming every 19-21 days now... a sign that I am going through the change maybe... hmm, not sure but I wish it would make up its mind...

Rainy again here today... ugh! I am ready for some sunny days which the weather man swears we will get tomorrow and the next day... sure hope he is correct.

Judy: You sound busy again, best wishes to you that you can juggle it all!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Bandit: What is new up your way? Any news on the GM thing?

Ladybug: How are you doing?

Have to run but will check back a bit later on.
Princess

RedoBoo
06-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Is it too late to sign up as a group member? I think I am in the right place to challenge and find friends for losing.

Boo
aka Beth

Itryharder
06-10-2008, 08:48 AM
HI Turtles,
:welcome3: Beth. It's never too late to join here. We're a really nice group of gals who support each other and we've had members have good weight losses. So, tell us a bit about you and what you are like and we'll do the same.
Good luck!
Judy
234.5/215.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Welcome Beth - always nice to have new people who can bring new outlooks & tips. I am sure you will enjoy this site as my as we all do!

Princess - The GM thing is continuing & is getting lots of news coverage.
Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Judy - glad you had a nice BBQ & did some preplanning for it.

Ladybug - hope you are doing well.

I am trying to really behave this week after my gain last time. Last night I made up a batch of rice with peas/corn and divided into servings and thawed out some shrimp. So, tonight for dinner will be rice & shrimp. Brought a big salad with chicken for my lunch.

Weather crazy up here - hot & rainy.

Anyway, have a great OP day.

CherryAutumn
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Beth - Welcome. These ladies have been very supportive and encouraging to me despite being thrown off the ww wagon and run over more times than i can count.:o You will get lots of good advice and plenty of Hugs:hug: when you are feeling low. Jump right in.

Thanks Ladies!:D:D

Princess1122
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Welcome Beth, so very glad to have you with us... Tell us a bit about yourself when you get a minute...

Have a great day all!

Princess1122
06-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Morning all! Happy Wednesday to everyone! Sunny here today... yah! No more rain until Friday according to the weather guy!

Well the scale is going up as is to be expected with TOM... ugh! I am just not happy about having to deal with this every three weeks instead of every four weeks... seems like I take one step forward and three steps back. Oh well... can fight mother nature I guess.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Have a happy day!
Princess

Itryharder
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Princess, You're in a crazy body time now, but it is so much better once you're into menopause. I know that sounds silly, but it is so nice not to have TOM and all its accompanying symptoms. In any case, I'm sending you :goodvibes: to keep on keepin' on. The TOM weight gains are artificial and are gone the next week. Your total weight loss is so impressive. :goodscale: WEigh to go!!! You want this badly and I know you're doing all the right things to lose the excess weight.

Hi Ladybug and Cherry and Beth. Here's :grouphug: to make the day easier!

Bandit, you make your trailer sound like so much fun. :woo:

Hey, here's another really easy dinner :chef: that has helped me get more veggies into the dinner meal. I slice up one medium potato, put frozen cauliflower or broccoli and fresh mini carrots all on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam. Then I put a piece of protein (pork chop worked out better than chicken) on the pan as well with a quick spritz of Pam and a sprinkling of pepper or Montreal Steak seasoning. I bake it for about 20 minutes in a 400degree oven and my whole meal is done. It's quick and simple and not many calories.

Hey, I lost a pound this week. I promised myself that I'd have to go back to my rough talking doc if I couldn't discipline myself to lose again this week. Now I am proving to myself that I can do this--have to keep the needle on the scale going down! Boot Camp is good for that! I've got loads to do today, but I 'll get in a swim or a trek on the treadmill. Take care and be well.

Beth, I'm a mom with three grown children--all married. I have three grandchildren. I'm a retired teacher who likes to quilt and crochet and read. I also love to swim and am thinking about the possibility of swimming year round at a local pool. I have to think about that very carefully and make sure it's something I might really do. I have been re-evaluating my approach to weight loss this year. I've made improvements in my social life and have plenty to do. Now I have to figure out how to be happy socially and still lose weight. Setting goals has been a help, and the boot camp idea is great. However, I keep getting off track and having to re-lose recent weight gains.
In any case, I love this site--the gals are very supportive and we welcome you with open arms. Let us know a bit about yourself and give us your tips and outlooks about losing weight. Good luck!!!!!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! Did some yard work last night and then went for a walk... so far this week I have logged 8 miles of walking, not very much but it is getting better. Having issues with my neck again... they are talking about another round of spinal injections... ugh!

Judy: I am actually pretty eager for menopause! I am ready to be done with all of this, I know that going through it is no fun but that too shall pass! A huge congrats on the loss! Great job!

Bandit: How are you doing? Any new recipes? Are you getting really bad storms up your way also?

All: Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan... it is a great time of year to get out and get a walk in during the evening time and that helps you get the water drank also...

Have a great day all!

bandit2
06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi turtles:

Princess - yes, we have had a few storms & suppose to be rainy off/on the next few days. But, I keep thinking "at least it is not freezing rain" & that will be back soon enough, so try not to complain about this weather.

Last night my gf came for our usual dinner & we had pork tenderloin on the Foreman & that was quick, easy & very good. I made a nice spinach salad &
"fake mashed potatoes" (steamed cauliflower - mashed with ff sour cream, then broiled with cheese on top) - very good!

I am hoping for a good loss tomorrow at ww - I have stayed completely OP this week.

Judy - good job on the loss & your recipe sounds yummy. Will try that soon, for sure.

Beth - how is your week going?

Everyone - have a great OP turtle day!

Itryharder
06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm starting the next thread which will be #201. See you there!
Judy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland :cool: