100 lb. Club - Exercisers check in here! May 12th - 18th

fiberlover
05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
This thread is to post any activity you do, to get support and motivation to move! Open to anyone :)

Hi Gang!

I was out of town until today, so thought I would get the thread started. Will post later with my activity.

FB
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I really enjoy this thread. When the exercise gets tough I think of my fellow posters and your enthusiasm is with me in spirit!
May is going good for me so far, with nearly 75 miles walked/biked. Woo! I'm so proud because I HATED exercise, avoided it like a poison ivy grove for years and here I am.
Got a short 1 hour bike ride in today. The winds were terrible, I was rained on and the trails were largely inaccessible due to flooding. But an hour is great!

Smiling_Sara
05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Worked out Monday and Tonight. 30 minutes on the treadmill. JUST starting to "jog". feels silly saying jog as I can't go more than a minute every 10 minutes but it's still a little more than usual and gets my heart rate up.

Did a little bit of weights too.

jay41
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
did some walking today.

Discovered the exercise ball yesterday. That was killer! I can't move my arms, my legs ache, and my abs feel like jello. I'll have to do that one again. ;)

I used to really hate exercise but I'm finding it more and more tolerable. I actually found I had biceps the other day...

fiberlover
05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
FB - that is great! 75 miles!

Born - that's how you train to jog. A little at a time and add on.

jay - great job! The more you move, the more you want to move. It sounds funny, but it is true!

Today I did Week 6 Day 3 of C25K. 25 minutes of jogging! I did it all. Went about 1.5 miles during that time. I took it slow to make sure I got through the whole thing. Wore my new heart rate monitor and kept my HR at about 70% of the max the whole time.

Iwanawurkit
05-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Yesterday was 15 mins on the eliptical and 15 mins on the treadmill. 30 mins on the weight machines. Today was 45 mins of Zumba....way too much fun to be exercise.

FB
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello!
Biked today, 18.5 miles. It gets easier every week. Looking forward to a 27 mile organized ride in July, which I'm committing to finishing. I know it's not a ton in cycling society, but it is to this fat chick!

Smiling_Sara
05-14-2008, 10:27 PM
I did another 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then 15 min of weights. It was a struggle tonight. I was tired. It would be much easier if I could get up in the am, rather then doing it after work.

fiberlover
05-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Kim - I have been thinking about getting Zumba dvds. They look so fun!

FB - great job! That is a lot of biking, go ahead and take credit for it!

Born - stick with it, you will feel better about doing the exercise.

Yesterday I did my lower body bowflex workout. Then we did a bike ride of about 10 miles in the evening. Quite nice!

Smiling_Sara
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Kim - I have been thinking about getting Zumba dvds. They look so fun!

FB - great job! That is a lot of biking, go ahead and take credit for it!

Born - stick with it, you will feel better about doing the exercise.

Yesterday I did my lower body bowflex workout. Then we did a bike ride of about 10 miles in the evening. Quite nice!

thanks fiber, I am really commited to living a healthier lifestyle. I just wish I saw the results quicker. My feet do hurt a little though, even still this morning. maybe I'll have to take it easy with the running part, which isn't a lot to begin with.

fiberlover
05-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi all!
Today I did upper body on the bowflex, and the C25K Week 7 Day 1. Another 25 minute jog! The first 1/4 mile is the hardest for me, then my legs get into the swing of things, so to speak.

xGurlyGrlx
05-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone! Good job on the workouts! I have not been doing much lately. I just can't seem to get back into it. :^:

I did go swimming today in my pool. It was SO hot here...over 100 degrees. I did a lot of laps and actually tried running in the pool. It is very difficult to do but I did it for about 20 mins!! I will get back in the swing of things soon, I hope! :(

FB
05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks Lori. I don't give myself much credit because when I read cycling forums I see they're doing these 100 mile rides that looks casual to them.

Tonight was pure pleasure. 4.1 miles of walking and shopping at the mall. My favorite exercise! Once I'm done power walking I power SHOP!

Gurly? Swimming? You lucky ducky! It's so chilly here, in the low 50's. You'd think I live in Alaska, not the Midwest.

hautbois
05-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi all, it's been ages since I last posted. I got side-tracked, but now I'm back on my exercise schedule. I'm starting easy with my WATP DVDs. Yesterday I did 2 miles. Today I'm planning to do the same.

dandk0204
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Yesterday- I did 11 miles with my Walk Away The Pounds DVD.

Today- I did 40 minutes Biggest Loser Cardio Blast and probably 3-6 miles tonight with WATP DVD.

fiberlover
05-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi gang! Happy weekend!

Last night I did Hard Core Fusion (the Firm). Hadn't done that one in a couple weeks. Whew!

Ashley, how do you get the multiple miles in with the WATP? Do you do it more than once?

FB
05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Walked a few miles with the husband and dogs last night. I didn't feel like exercising much at all, so I forced myself and made those boys happy.

Happy weekend!

Iwanawurkit
05-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical workout on Friday.......15 min on the treadmill, 15 min on the elipitcal and 35 mins of strength training. Today, I did my first Yoga class.....lets just say I need practice.

fiberlover
05-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi all!
Lots of cardio today. I did the Couch to 5K Week 7 Day 2. 25 minutes of jogging.
Then we rode our bikes for an hour this afternoon. Went to a Dunkin Donuts, where I had a latte lite. That was about 13 miles round trip. No more exercise for me today! I'm beat! But it was so nice out!

Smiling_Sara
05-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Did 30 minutes on the treadmill this am. Didn't have the best days the last 2 days with food. Went out for dinner with a friend on Friday and had yummy mexican food. Yesterday had a brat and custard for dessert cause my brother and sister in law were in town from MN. Today, I have a bridal shower for my sister, send me good wishes for good choices today. These days are hard for me cause there is so much yummy but bad for you food around. But I DID work out!! :carrot: and maybe I will take a nice walk tonight since it's so nice outside!

shyla2001
05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm going to try to join you guys this week. It will be hard, as swim lessons start, so we'll be busy in the evenings for the next two weeks. But I'm going to try to do SOMETHING on most days!

fiberlover
05-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Shawn - this thread is great to get motivation and accountability. Check for the new thread starting tomorrow!! :)

Today was an easier day for me. Just a 40 minute walk, plus a bit of gardening.

theycallmemom
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
So some advise please - I really am totally out of shape, got the ok from doc to pretty much start an exercise plan, so where do I start!!! I was thinking I would walk to work instead of drive, its not far anyway only a few blocks from my house, and start at the track at night with a mile....do you think that is reasonable, or not enough????:?:

shyla2001
05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
So some advise please - I really am totally out of shape, got the ok from doc to pretty much start an exercise plan, so where do I start!!! I was thinking I would walk to work instead of drive, its not far anyway only a few blocks from my house, and start at the track at night with a mile....do you think that is reasonable, or not enough????:?:

That's a big jump from doing nothing. I'd try it, and see how you feel. You may get shin splints for a few days with all that walking! Once you get used to it, you can add more if you feel up to it....