Old 05-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 312/298/175

Height: 5"11

Question I am shocked about something.......

Hi Gals! I have been walking 2 miles, every other day, or sometimes, every day, and I have all of the sudden noticed muscles! in my arms and thighs, and I am shocked!!! I have never seen this before on myself. I am eating normally... I have my whey protein shake in the morning, and turkey sandwich for lunch, and whatever my family is eating for dinner, but in moderation, And sensable snacking in between. I do sneak in a couple of Reisen chocolates here and there. yummy! and I am up and down with my weight, BUT,,,,,, I am getting alot of muscles now. How do I walk off all my weight? is this possible???? someone please reply!!!
ChubsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 312/298/175

Height: 5"11

And, my clothes size is getting smaller. How do I get rid of flab around my waste?
ChubsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats. You've begun that great part of weight loss where you've lost enough body fat that what is UNDERNEATH is beginnign to show. That's awesome.

You'll be shocked at what you find underneath the layers of fat as you continue to lose. I found cheekbones, collarbones, muscles, a waist, hipbones, and even points of shoulderblades.

Just wait ... there's a whole world of discovery there for you!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

When you're walking you use muscles hence the bulking up of them, but you need to be pushing yourself till you're out of breathe. If not try a sport where you are burning calories, i,e, running, dancing, aerobics etc.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WOW....fantastic. It's wonderful to be developing strong muscles. That is awesome.

Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I mostly walk to exercise. And, yes, it does slowly build muscle! Especially in my legs. Sure there's still fat around the muscle, but my goodness my pants are so loose because of losing inches around my thighs.

Yes, walking can do that!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Walking is awesome and muscles are beautiful! Yes, it is very possible to lose weight while walking. It's convenient and almost anyone can do it. The "secret" to losing the weight is to create a calorie deficit...eat less calories than you're burning throughout the day. Walking is a great way to help burn those calories. Have you tried tracking your daily calories with Fitday or one of the other calorie tracking sites? Regarding the "flab" around your waste, that will start to disappear as you keep losing weight. There is no exercise that will make that fat magically disappear. The body uses your fat stores from wherever it chooses and we don't have much control over where it comes from first.

You're doing a great job. Keep it up!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-13-2008 at 07:43 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow. You're doing great!!!

Walking without a doubt is a fantastic way to burn calories and trim down. But, since you asked, walking alone, IMO is not enough to take you down all the way to goal. Or even close. I could walk for hours a day, but if my eating is not monitored and kept in check (firmly in check, that is) I will not lose weight and now maintain that loss. As you begin to get lighter and lighter it will be harder and harder to create that deficit Rhonda was speaking about. You need to have a healthy eating plan in place as well as physical activity.

You're certainly on to something. So keep at it. Wishing you continued success!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #9  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Congrats chubs that's great news. Muscles yes!!! Eating healthy, walking, strength training are important.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Well done Chubs!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote