Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #1  
jessica

S/C/G: 221/204.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Veggie Crumbles?

I Would Like To Use These In Some Recipes Instead Of Beef. Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find Them? Would I Look By The Boca Burgers And Such? Or Should I Look By The Other Veggies? I'm Just Not Sure That Our Store Has Them. Also, What Brand Do I Look For, Or Do They Come In Several Brands?
Thanks In Advance.

Last edited by maass1981; 05-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.
maass1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I usually see them by the refrigerated tofu/fake meat products in the produce section, but I would imagine there's some to be found in the freezer part near where the Boca burgers are. Those are the only two options I think so it'd be easy to poke around.

I've had some made by Yves that I put in chili. It was really tasty. I haven't tried any other brands though!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #3  
jessica

THANK YOU SUITE, I'LL LOOK HARDER.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

I find them at my local supermarket under the frozen food section, where all the Boca and Morning Star products are.

This wknd I bought TVP (textured vegetable protein) at Whole Foods and I'm going to try that since it's so much cheaper than the crumbles. I guess the crumbles are made out of TVP or TSP (textured soy protein) with flavorings and spices, so you may want to look into the TVP/TSP thing too.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #5  
Operator265

I get the Morning Star brand at Albetsons in the frozen food section under vegetarian choices.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #6  
jessica

thank you all! i found some last night. we don't have many choices. i think most of the people around here prefer beef or just some kind of meat. i'm not trying to go vegitaran or anything, but trying to make my meals less points and still tasty. my grandpa would flip out because he is a beef farmer. i just want to be healthier though.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlykat4u View Post
I find them at my local supermarket under the frozen food section, where all the Boca and Morning Star products are.

This wknd I bought TVP (textured vegetable protein) at Whole Foods and I'm going to try that since it's so much cheaper than the crumbles. I guess the crumbles are made out of TVP or TSP (textured soy protein) with flavorings and spices, so you may want to look into the TVP/TSP thing too.
I have a recipe that I want to try that calls for TVP, but we don't have many health-food store choices here in the coal region of Pennsylvania!

I did find a couple online places where I can order it. I'm going to make one last effort to look in the stores around here, and then I'll probably order.

We do have those veggie crumbles, though. I believe ours are in the freezer section, with the Morningstar Farms and Boca stuff. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Last edited by luvmyfam; 05-14-2008 at 12:19 AM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #8  
Gonna do it this time

S/C/G: 196/179/145

Height: 5'3"

I get them at whole foods
Bonoah is offline   Reply With Quote