Old 05-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: May 12-18

New Pages

Last edited by Tejas; 05-12-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #2  

Husband just picked a fight before I had been awake 5 minutes this am.
urgggg!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning to all!
I, too, ate off program yesterday. I'm going to chalk it up as a "treat" for myself and get focused today. My weigh in is tomorrow, so I'm staying positive.

I hope everyone enjoyed their mother's day. Vickie, I can't pretend to know how it feels to be without my mom, but I know she would not want you to be sad. I'm praying that you will be able to focus on some special memories of her and that they will make you Also, I'm sending you some

Guess I'd better get going. Have a great day! Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Hey Rhonda. You sound SO determined. I'm pretending until I can get it right.

I'm feeling a bit better today. I just felt sad yesterday because neither Jim nor I have our Mothers anymore and I'm not a Mother myself. I ate.

Nancy, don't let the fight make you eat off program. I'm famous for that.

Sloan, you're a sweetie. Thanks!

Sandra and Frouf....where are you?

Gotta run. I have a million things to do today. So much for being retired!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #5  

Vickie.. Thanks..I do get tempted to throw in the towel when stressed.
I also miss my mom and Mothers Day is bitttersweet. I think it should be
"Ladies Day" All ladies need a day of honor for all the love and support we
give to others.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and all the Mom's had a wonderful day yesterday. Vickie, sorry it brought you down. I am blessed that I still have my mom and she lives close.

I had a nice day - was woken up at 6:30 with a 5 year old face in my face. I got a nice mother/child pin and bracelet. DH said the original pin she picked out was a big, colorful flower -- he didn't think I'd wear it after yesterday. The one he got her to select is a nice silver pin - a heart shape made out of a mom's profile looking at an infant. Very pretty. Kept close to home and I did stick to plan (excpet for the 2 glasses of wine with dinner!). I have wi tomorrow and I'm hoping to stay the same. After my big loss 2 weeks ago, I just don't want a gain (skipped last week!). So lots and lots of water today and nothing additional.

DD has a play date tomorrow at her friends, so I'm going for a manicure and pedicure after I drop her off. A treat for me!

Sloanie, hope you like the chickpeas. Once you get the method, you can season how ever you like. I did splenda and cinnamon once (put them on after they were out of the pan but still warm). Hmmm, wonder what would happen if they cooked in the pan. might need to try that tomorrow night.

I made sheppards pie yesterday that needs to be heated for dinner tonight - I haven't made it in a while. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #7  

Hi All:

I'm with Nancy about Mother's Day. I will never be a biological mom, and it is something that brought me great grief. But, at the same time, I made (and still make) great efforts to "mother" other people's children, and their children. It's brought me great pleasures.

I missed my mother and my sister (like a mother to me) also. I was able to visit my former MIL in the nursing home. Even though the Alzheimers is bad, she knows me and could still understand Mother's Day.

My eating has been a joke over the last few days. I injured the roof of my mouth eating a toasted bagel, so I was "punished" Now, I can hardly eat anything!

Rhonda

PS: let's all say a prayer or two for the poor souls in Burma and China who are suffering so severely from the cyclone and the earthquake.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  

I've come back to brag. Since last Thursday night, I have either exercised with a DVD or walked. Tonight I walked just under 2 miles in 25 minutes. Each time I have also done exercises on the floor and lifted free weights.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #9  

Tejas.... That is really impressive, you should be proud!!
keep it up. How do you motivate yourself??
Old 05-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #10  

Well, its wi day and I am going today. I think I may be up slighly or by God's grace stay the same. I'm so close to my 10 pd mark - I should be there now. I have .4 to be at my that point. Thinking back to the week I had a great loss, I exercised alot more. I think my 20 minute walk a day just maintains me -- I need to start adding lunch time walks. I need to check my calendar at work and block off an hour to do that.

Rhonda - on your exercising. Keep it up!

Well, its Tuesday, my day off. DD has gymnastics this morning and then I' dropping her off at her friends house at 11. I also have a call at 11 for work - need to call from the road. Then I'm going to get my nails done! Treat for me......

I'm also going to get a good long walk in before I pick her up at 2:00. hmmm, need to check the time. Maybe I'll go prior to getting my nails done - not sure if how the times going to run. Hopefully the call will not last an hour.

Well, got to get dd out of bed. She is starting to like to sleep in -- well, yesterday she was up at 4am! BBL
Old 05-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #11  

Just checked my ww on line for my last wi. I actually have lost 9.8 -- only .2 to hit that 10 pd mark. UGH - I should have been there.....now I'm disapointed in myself for not doing better these past 2 weeks. Why did I let my nieces wedding set me into a bad streatch!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

You'll get there, Paula. Don't be mad at yourself. It doesn't help.

Yeah, Rhonda, how ARE you motivating yourself? I've yet to start again although I tell myself every day that I will.

Hair cut and color for me today and pedicure tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Last edited by Vickie; 05-13-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM   #13  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Good morning chickies! I went to wi today and lost 1.2 lbs! I was so happy because I was kind of bad this weekend. I drank beer (light, of course) and went over my point limit, but I did get some exercise in so that must have helped. We were up at my dbf's cottage with his family and it's kind of hard to stay op. I stayed op for the meals, but ate non core snacks, which wasn't good. I'm just happy that I lost. I would have been happy if I just maintained.
Paula, don't beat yourself up. You will get there. You are so close.
Rhonda, way to go on the exercise! I wish I was able to do the different things you can do. Last Thursday I had a cortosone(?) shot in my knee, and it is feeling better than it has for a long time. I did go for a walk this past weekend, which was something I have been unable to do in a long time. It did start bothering me after awhile and I didn't want to push it. But they have a paddle boat for the lake, so I did a lot of paddling this weekend, and that's kind of like riding a bike so I did get exercise.
I have some exercise dvd's and I think I'm going to see if I can do them. Since my knee is feeling better I just might be able to! I'm just not sure how long it will last. I guess this is just a bandaid fix for my knee, it's not a cure all.

Take care all!

[/url]
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #14  

Morning All:

Thanks for the cudos. I just got tired of hearing my excuses, and I realized that the summer is just a great time to get moving. I'll keep it up and brag about it!

Paula, you'll make it, and Tracie, congratulations for the loss.

Vickie, you asked about Sandra. Yesterday was the day they were to get their new house, so I'll bet she is very busy.

Rhonda
Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Go me!! I had wi today and lost three pounds!! I know it won't always be such a big loss, but I'm so excited to be losing. On a much more "lame" note, I was looking at my ww book and in 1999 I weighed the same as I did when I started last week. I want this to be the beginning of a new phase in my life where I pay more attention to my weight and overall health.

Tracie: way to go on your loss! Be careful with your knee and don't go overboard
Rhonda: I'm going to follow your lead on the exercise. You've inspired me.
Paula: hang in there
Vickie and Paula: I'm envious of your upcoming nail treatments. It's always good to do something special for yourself.

Hope you all have had a great day Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote