LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers Thread May 12th- May18th

JerseyMadchen
05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Good Morning friends!

I'll start off the post with announcing that I got engaged on Saturday!!!!

So, needless to say we went out a lot this weekend and I didn't watch what I ate....

Have a great day! I am off to take my last final!

Kimphin
05-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Congrats Amy - we want details!

Not much to report here - had my MIL and SIL over for dinner last night - did so much running around I HAD to have lost weight! LOL. MIL left the out of control Bichon at home, so my dog was thrilled.

Anyway - heres to a great week!

loserjulie
05-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I had yet another bad weekend, I haven't had any willpower or strength the past few weekends. The number on the scale has made me vow to be POP for the rest of the month. I expect you all to hold me to it. Hope everyone had a pleasant Mother's Day!!

ferrarimomof2
05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Congrats Amy!!!

I had a relaxing day yesterday and did not eat off plan. And we even went out to eat. However, I was down two fruits. I vow to be POP. I am ready to get out of the 160's. We are starting to get invited to a lot of parties and the swimsuit looks okay now but would like for it to look better.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. We went to the park and played and also walked on the trails through the woods. We have to start getting ready for hiking up Stone Mountain in about 6 weeks.

Everyone have a POP and terrific day.

gonnabe
05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm trying to get back on track -- AGAIN! I had a great April, I even went to Myrtle Beach and lost 1 lb while away. Then I came back and I was kind of like, well I'm still on vacation, so a little cheating won't hurt. But a little cheating here and there seems to have added up to a gain of more than I started at in April. Very depressing. So here I am, trying to get back on track again. I'm doing FF today and tomorrow. Hopefully that will give me a good start and I'll get back on track!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Amy - Congratulations on your engagement!

cecil
05-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Amy Congrats! Have you set a date?

I was wondering if you guys don't get all your food in doe the day do you count it as not being POP? I am doing the POP challenge and I don't want to cheat. HA! Anyway. It was a pretty good weekend. We had mothers day lunch at my place. I made Chicken and Shrimp Teriyaki. It feels so good when my family enojoys a healthy meal.
For some reason I am soo tired today. I hope I start to wake up. I am having my coffee right now.
Hope you all have a pop day!
Thanks Dionne for all of the positive support, I appreciate it!

Dan2112
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Morning all!!

Congrats AMY!!!!! Hope your last final is going well too!

Julie.. Hang in there.. It happens to all of us... More than once!!! You can do it.. The first step is to make sure you don't have the crappy food in the house...

Gonnabe... You've fallen into the trap we all have from time to time.. "It's ok, I'm on vacation...."... This is a lifestyle, not a true "diet"... You don't get a vacation from it.. Sure, there are times, depending on your location and other circumstances where you won't be able to stay on plan, but you have to try to stay as close as you can... The cheats, like you say, start to add up and soon, you won't care... But I know you do, and I know you can get back on track... Doing a FF is a good way to get there mentally, but you have to follow up.. Same goes for you, Julie... Mentally, you have to be there.. We can't take the "weekend off" from this.. I'm as guilty as anyone here from doing it from time to time, so please don't think I'm preaching down to y'all...

Dionne - Way to stay on plan through the weekend.. Liz and I have to get better with that... It's a constant battle...

We have a house full of little girls on Saturday night, so yesterday was a kind of a sleepy blur... Alex's party went off without a hitch, so all involved are/were pleased..

I took DS to see the new Speed Racer movie and it was a lot of fun.. Actually better than I thought it would be...

Talk to you all soon!!!

Mama Nicole
05-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning :) I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was kind of borning....but I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! I know the next month or so is going ot be super busy with baby comming..........so I am fine with a boring weekend.

I am up 0.4 lbs......but I don't even care :) I was POP all weekend.....and I had like a 4.8 lb loss all together last week, including my FF.......so I am just fine with the numbers :) It just feels so good to be OP......and my energy level has been soaring!

Ok, DD and I are going to go through and wash the important baby clothes. We had our child birth class on saturday.......now we just need to get the layette in order. She has dropped quite significantly, so I am kind of thinking that baby may come a bit early :)

Congrats, Amy!!!! I love your new picture!!! Your fiance looks just like one of the Jersey Boys!!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-12-2008, 11:46 AM
ok, so I lied......I totally screwed up about my WI. I did lose.......lol.......I am down 0.6.

Kimphin
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
What, were you holding a basket of laundry when you were on the sclae?

Cecelia - I would say that if you missed food, you weren't POP. Sorry to be a downer. Your mother's day lunch sounds yummy - isn't it amazing how on-plan food can be enjoyable? It is so hard to change your brain to believing that! (note to self .... start believing it!...)

WindSong40
05-12-2008, 12:39 PM
good morning everyone.

well after doing FF i gained 1/2 a lb!! what the heck is that???? lol ok.. well i'm starting the plan today. went shopping and got all kinds of healthy food.. went through my cupboards to throw out the bad stuff, surprisingly there wasn't that much to throw out (hmmm i guess some things stuck when i was doing this plan the first time around lol)

i did a little calculating, lol in the 6 months i was off the plan, i only gained 25 of the 50 lbs i'd lost. not great, but not as bad as i thought it was, and definately not as bad as it could have been.

Amy - congratulations on your engagement!

Nicole - thank you so much for sending me Deb's cookbook. way to go on the loss!! woohoo

Gonnabe - i totally understand! i did that too and really it was the beginning of the end for me. i ultimately left LA for financial reasons, but honestly, i could have tried harder on my own. you just have to decide what you want more, the little cheat here and there or weight loss and healthy life style you dream of. don't let that little "just one tiny cheat" voice get a foothold. Good luck and warmest wishes for you.

Dan - Congrats on reaching your goal!! I can't wait to be there.

ferrarimomof2
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a question if anyone could help it would be great. I am trying to book our hotel for our trip at the end of June. We are flying to Atlanta with the two kids to see Dukesfest (Dukes of Hazzard thing) at Atlanta Motor Speedway. We are also going to take them to Six Flags and Stone Mountain. Does anyone have suggestions on what area of town we should stay in or completely avoid. I usually end up booking us in a bad part of town and I am trying to avoid that this time. Any suggestions on areas would be greatly appreciated.

JLem311
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
helllo everyone. just checking in for the day. i already worked a full day and even got my workout in already. so that's good news for me! yay!
nothing much else going on..things have been pretty boring around here for me..which is really starting to get to me, but i'll be ok.
i have my NAMI walk this weekend, so i'm super excited about that. thanks again to all of you who donated and/or took the time to check out my page, it means so much to me! :)

hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

BarbaraB
05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Amy, Congrats on the engagement! Good luck on the last final too! Sometimes life intrudes on our weight loss plans, and we just have to get back to healthy eating as soon and as often as possible.

Jillian, you make me feel lazy.. as I've not worked out in a few days (caught a chest cold and I just don't want to make it worse).

I had a very nice mother's day, but it was very lazy and a bit naughty on the food front, as we went out for chinese food. I've drive by that restaurant all the time and wanted many, many times to go in there and get something, but I've not gone there since I joined LAWL 20 months ago.... You know what I used to not have any problem polishing off their dinner portions, but now I can't even finish their lunch portion (much smaller, but still a lot of food). Now I just have to not go back for another 20 months or more and I'll be fine.. been there and done that and I will have it again, just not today and not tomorrow.... Maybe mother's day 2010. Amazingly enough, I don't even feel bloated today after that all that salt.

zambejaly5
05-12-2008, 04:06 PM
yay! Amy!!! congrats.

Nicole!!!! 13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
What, were you holding a basket of laundry when you were on the sclae?

:lol: No.....I should have been...my laundry is a nightmare right now......

I remembered my weight wrong. I thought I was 220 after FF, and I WI this a.m. at 220.4........then I went to update my ticker, and low and behold....I was 221 after FF. That, my friend, was a nice little suprise. Luckily, my attitude was ok before I realized it. And it is funny that you mentioned how OP food can be so enjoyable. I have totally been noticing that this run. It really is all in our heads. Maybe we ought to look into psychotherapy..:lol:.

Yes, Lettie......can you believe.......13 days. How's things with you?

Good luck on your NAMI walk, Jillian. :)

Gonnabe......you can do it :cheer:!!!

Cecilia.......I am sorry.....I have to agree with Kim :( Your metabolism needs to stay revved up. I try to start nice and early in the day so I get everything in. :)

Hi Dan!

Windsong.....hang tuff..........we can ALL do this :) A gain can throw you......but the sclae does NOT determine who we are!!!!

Dionne......I wish Joni was still hanging around with us....she lives in Atlanta. I will email her your post and see what she suggests :)

Barbara.....all I can say is YUM! :lol:. We drove past a Chinese buffet restaurant yesterday, and I started drooling....but DH said he would cook me a nice OP dinner........and he did......and thanks to him, I resisted!!!!

Ok, I soo have to get some work done today. It's been a weird day. I am having some concentration issues...:lol:.
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
05-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks Nicole.

tje4481
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi Everybody!

Amy...WOW!!! CONGRATS! Between your engagement and your final FINAL, you must be on cloud nine!

Gonnabe...we've all had those days. Nobody is perfect and on their "A" game all the time. The important thing is that you realize that you aren't on vacation anymore and that you can't continue to ignore the obvious. That being that you are a person worthy of your own full attention. You focus on yourself so that you will become a vital, healthy woman and that you can be proud of yourself. Don't cheat yourself of those feelings, you are those things already and can do this!

I remind myself of that every morning. I am worth it, I deserve my full attention and will become a better person because of it!

Nicole...I bet you can't wait for the next few weeks to fly by!

Dan...my nephews and I were talking (they are a little older that your son) and we're anxiously awaiting the new Indiana Jones movie!

Nice to hear that you all had a great Mother's day! My sis and I took my Mom for a spa day when we went to visit last week. LOL...the one thing my Mom thought was that she would never enjoy a pedicure, but we've turned her around on that! :-)

I had a great day and now I'm going to make dinner and relax!

Have a nice evening! Tami

JLem311
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I remind myself of that every morning. I am worth it, I deserve my full attention and will become a better person because of it!

excellent advice tami! :) i know that i need to remind myself of that sometimes, and these past few weeks more than ever!

tje4481
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks Jillian...I think we all need to remind ourselves once in a while!

Have a great day everyone!

Tami

Kimphin
05-13-2008, 09:21 AM
I had a very nice mother's day, but it was very lazy and a bit naughty on the food front, as we went out for chinese food. I've drive by that restaurant all the time and wanted many, many times to go in there and get something, but I've not gone there since I joined LAWL 20 months ago.... You know what I used to not have any problem polishing off their dinner portions, but now I can't even finish their lunch portion (much smaller, but still a lot of food). Now I just have to not go back for another 20 months or more and I'll be fine.. been there and done that and I will have it again, just not today and not tomorrow.... Maybe mother's day 2010. Amazingly enough, I don't even feel bloated today after that all that salt.

The first thing I notice when I eat out is how salty the food is. The second thing is how big the portions are. It is a comfort to know that you can re-train your body to STOP liking the bad stuff.

Well, I was not OP yesterday - but I ate OK, I think. I may go put it on FitDay just to see what I did. I ended up having to run around yesterday afternoon and got caught having not planned any meals. Now that I am getting back into the LAWL pool, not planning bugs me to no end. I did walk 9 holes of golf (2.5miles) so maybe that offset any extra calories.

Nicole - While busting on you about the sclae, I forgot to tell you congrats on avoiding TO bounceback! You go girl! I have to have some ticker honesty soon....but I can't see any tickers here at work, so I avoid!

I was going to suggest Joni for Dionne's question too! Creepy!

Gotta go. have a good one all!

pjbeau
05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Good morning! Sorry I haven't checked in with the group for several days, but things are so not normal around here.

DH...where to start...he is still in the hospital...spent the last three days in ICU, but got moved to step-down last night. The blood clot actually ran almost the entire length of his leg. He will have his 4th procedure later today to try removing the last part of the clot. They are going in using a catheter (sp) into his vein and using a very strong clot busting medicine (TPA) to disolve the clot. DH has some pain, but still surprisingly in pretty good spirits. As of right now, he will be in the hospital for a couple more days, and then one of the Drs. is talking about sending him to an inpatient rehab facility (same one as last Fall) for a week or so.

So....I totally sucked on choosing good food, that is when I actually ate. I gained 2 lbs, but I'm not worried. I will get it back off soon.

Happy belated Mother's Day to everyone!!!

Congrats, NJ Amy!!

Good luck on your walk, Jillian!! (just in case I forget to tell you later in the week)

Way to lose, Granny Nicole!

Check back in when I can.

Dan2112
05-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow Paula... I'm sending some positive vibes your way for your DH.. Hope this all clears up soon!

Times like this you can't be blamed for not being able to make the best choices.. All that matters is that he gets better and you get some down time too...

Anyway.. Not much going on here for once, so I'm just kind of taking it easy at the office... No big box of doughnuts here today like there were yesterday.. The boss came in with them and the left for the day, almost as if he didn't want to be there for the carnage. :lol:.. But I totally resisted, so I'm counting it as a victory!

Have a great day all!

WindSong40
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM
morning everyone,

Paula - what a stressful time for you. my thoughts and prayers are with you and DH.

Dan - yay for you!!

I too had a victory last night. I work in hospice and we generally have chocolates or some kind of goody given to us by appreciative family members. Well, when i got to work last night, not only was there chocolates everywhere, but there was a basket of goodies and two cakes too!! but i resisted and said no even though a fellow nurse tried tempting me with the cake FOUR times, lol. yay for me!! lol

hope you all have a great day!!

Mama Nicole
05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Good morning all :)
Dionne...this is what Joni had to say........

"Nicole - I sure wish I could help here, but that is a side of town I am totally clueless about. And the Atlanta area changes all the time due to the massive growth. You can have one block that is totally safe and the next block can be iffy.

I think the biggest thing to consider is where do they plan to spend most of their time? They want to stay in that general area. Atlanta traffic is horrible from about 6:30A to 9:30A and from 3:30P to 7P."

I realize that is not a ton of help.....but the traffic thing sounds like a nightmare, and I would say that is kind of important to consider. Good luck with that :)

Kim........I know, how lucky that I didn't have a TO bounceback. I think I probably did....but I only WI the day after TO, and then on my monday morning WI. I am trying so very hard to not let the sclae dictate my life. At least that is where I am at this week......:lol:. I love your ticker denial reasoning. I find it quite adequate :)

Ok, not a lot of time to play today.......time to get our basement rec room cleaned and painted. I want DD and her baby daddy (:lol:) to have a place to go to be with their baby without all of us hovering......and for some reason, I cannot let that place be my DD's bedroom. I am old fashioned, and I don't care!!!! So........the boys and I (my two little ASSistants) are going to dive right in today since it is raining. I hope you all have a great day!
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Good morning everyone,

Nicole- Thank you for emailing Joni for me. We kinda of decided last night that since the three places we are going to be at are in three different directions and are easily accessible from the 285 we are going to stay at a Hilton near it. The info on the traffic is very informative. Again, thanks for taking the time to get that info for me. Also, I don't think you are old fashioned. I think what you are doing is great.

Michelle - Congrats on avoiding the cakes and chocolates.

Dan - Congrats to you also on avoiding the donuts. I would definitely say that is a victory.

Paula - you and your DH are in my thoughts. You will lose that 2 lb before you know it.

Kim- Not planning tends to get me sometimes too. Just get back on the wagon and try again today

Not much going on with me today. I got up and got DH off to work and DS off to school and then I went back to bed while DD was still asleep. My sinus' have been bothering me since I came back. I am going to go WI tomorrow. I haven't been since last Wednesday just because I haven't wanted to go anywhere. Well, the laundry is calling my name. So, I will try to check in later.

Have a POP day.

JerseyMadchen
05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Good Morning guys!

Yes, it's been quite a few days! I got the position I wanted for the summer, I finished this semester, I got engaged, and it's my birthday.

We actually went for the day to Sandy Cove, the camp where I will be working this summer, as well as where we met, just for the day. Or so I thought. I thought he was just holding presents over my head...

He wanted me to open the card first. Under the inscription on the card was "and make me the luckiest man in the world." I BAWLED. When I looked up from the card, he was on one knee! The ring is magnificent! He did it all by himself too! I'll post a picture of the ring... THEN, I had a bag of presents to open too for my birthday. I got a Wii!! And a bunch of games and accessories.

I just can't believe it's true. I keep looking down at my ring! I am ecstatic. We're looking to get married by the end of this year, October or November. Unfortunately I have to transfer schools AGAIN!!! But, I don't want to wait until after Fall 2009 semester end to marry him. I'm transferring to University of VA. And moving down there! AHH!!

Thanks for the congrats, I am totally on cloud 9!!!

Repo girl
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh Amy, your ring is just beautiful. Congrats girl!

tje4481
05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Hello All!!!
Beautiful day here...sunny, no humidity and upper 70's. Just took chicken off the grill and thinking I'll make a chicken casear for dinner. (Dan-I've been trying to cut back on having salad all the time and it's working..lol)

Paula...I've got ya in my prayers.

Amy...your fiance' totally ROCKS! Look at that ring....:-)

Kim...planning is the hardest part. Planning around a typical day is easy...the ins and outs of an A-typical day is sometimes difficult.

Have a good night everyone!

Tami

Dan2112
05-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Heck.. Forget about the ring.. HE GOT YOU A Wii!!!! That's a man who really cares!! (I got one for Liz last year...)

The Wii Boxing game that comes with the Wii Sports disc is a lot of fun and if you get into it, you'll get a pretty decent mini-workout...

jessakeena325
05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Congrats, Amy!!! I'm new here and am re-starting LAWL for the gazillionth time. I am starting Take Off tomorrow with the 48 Hour Hollywood Diet Juice! You all are such a fount of knowledge - thanks :)

tje4481
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Welcome Jessica!

gramabear45
05-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi ,
Just a quick fly by for now
Roma

Mama Nicole
05-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Good morning :) Where the heck is everyone?

DD has a doctor appointment this afternoon, and I am so curious to see how it goes. She is really feelling the pains of pregnacy......so I hope it it not much longer.

EMIL called last night and asked DH to come to florida to help close up his grandma's condo and get this mom and grandma off to the airport to Wisconsin. His Grandma has not been well and has been in and out of the hospital and a rehab center. She will be going to a rehab center in Wisconsin for a short time, and then to EMIL's house to live. I encouraged DH to go help his grandma......but I am trying sooo hard not to be mad at EMIL. How could she possibly ask HIM of all people (there are other family members) to come help at a time like this. His first grandchild could easily be born while he is away.......and you just can't repeat that. DD is going to feel bad.....no matter what the reason. She will understand.....but she will still really miss DH if she has the baby while he is gone. Also.....how the **** am I going to manage everything if she goes into labor? I know I will be fine......but WTF? I don't have ANY family here, and I have very few friends who can help out........and one of them is starting chemotherapy on Monday.......so I can't ask her to be around my sick kids. My only resource is my across the street neighbor. I am going to go talk to her today to see if she is going to be around sunday through tuesday.

Also....it is always OUR family that is expected to make sacrifices, because everyone else has to, "work." Don't EVEN get me started on that one. Apparently because I am a stay at home mom, and because DH is in management......we are more able than anyone else in the family to drop everything at any time to help. His brother is single, no kids......but he just can't help with anything because he has to work. He is a police officer, and apparently has no say in any days off and has no vacation days at all. Whatever. It just makes me so mad, cuz when DH takes days off, for whatever reason.....he then works 14-16 hour days for days or even weeks to catch up......cuz noone does his job (for the most part) while he is gone. What that boils down to is I become a single parent not only for the time he is gone, but how ever long it takes him to get caught up......and he gets stressed, cuz he wants to be in both places. Don't get me wrong.....he is still around for our kids and such....but it is a vicious cycle......and ultimately, it affects our kids.

It's not that DH even minds helping his family.......it's just the fact that they somehow think our obligations are less than other family members..................You know.....DH and I have been talking aboutgoing to see his Grandma for weeks........I think it is important.....and I was all for him going....until I found out grandma was going back to wisconsin on Tuesday. As soon as the baby is born, we can so easily go visit her in wisconsin.....our whole family. she lives in the same town as my parents and his mother. DH can go spend as much time with her as she likes and I can keep the kids busy with friends and family. I don't know what it is like to "close up a condo," but really, only EMIL has been there over the last three months......how difficult can it be? I would never ask my child to leave his/her child at a time liike this. If grandma was getting worse instead of better, it would be a different story........ I am just sooo perplexed over this situation........

Anyway.......I forgot to mention yesterday...Paula.....I am glad DH is doing ok. What a long couple of weeks for you both. Did everything go ok yesterday? I sure have been thinking of you.....

Big hellos to everyone, and welcome to all of the newbies!!!! Keep fighting the fight..........one day at a time. Together.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!
XOXO

gonnabe
05-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone!
Well, I survived FF and I'm happy to be back on plan again. So far, so good! I was happy to see the loss this morning, hopefully it will help keep me on plan.

Thanks to everyone for all the words of encouragement!

Amy - Congrats on the engagment and Happy Birthday!

Dan - I have a quick question. I saw you mention on another thread to avoid processed cheese. What type of cheese do you use and how often. I usually use cheese as my dairy. I use the Kraft Free Singles or the part-skim mozarella cheese sticks. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great day! It is beautiful here today!

WindSong40
05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
good morning.

not much to say.. i'm staying on plan (no cheating) and the scale is not budging.. lol i know it will eventually so i'm not worried about that but it sure would be nice to see a drop..lol

Nicole - wow you sure have a bunch on your plate. sorry you are going through such a stressful time. hugs and warm wishes!

amylou7777
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Morning all! I graduated on Saturday and it sure felt good!!!

AMY! CONGRATS! Wow! What an exciting weekend. Lots of changes for you-lots of good ones! Wow-you better get wedding planning missy-I'm feeling stressed and I'm waiting til next fall. Where will it be? So excited for you. The ring is amazing!

I had to skim all the other posts, I'm going to try to go back and catch up.

Nicole- hang in there! I know how stressful it can be to have your other half pulled in different directions. I hope it all works out and I hope he is home when your DGD is born!

I have not been POP, I was going to try to use this week to get on an exercise routine and eating routine before the bar studying starts on monday, but I haven't!

Does anyone have any good, OP freezer recipes? I'm trying to cook ahead so that I don't eat fast food while I'm studying this summer!

Miss you all a lot!

Repo girl
05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Nicole- Personally, I think that is a bunch of BS. DH should tell her that this it is not in the cards for him to go help her right now. My family steps up all of the time for my grandma, and no one else does. Well, we are going through a crisis right now, so yesterday I called some of my cousins and asked them to all take a night to bring Grandma dinner and visit her for the next week, and some of them told me flat out "No, I just don't have time." I was so mad. I just do not understand how they can just throw all of the responsibility off on us and not care at all. Wow, sorry for the rant. Your post just got me all rightously angry, LOL!

Repo girl
05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Good job Amy!!!

Mama Nicole
05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
thank you, Katie.....you get it :) I hate having to always do the right thing!!!

Dan2112
05-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone!

Dan - I have a quick question. I saw you mention on another thread to avoid processed cheese. What type of cheese do you use and how often. I usually use cheese as my dairy. I use the Kraft Free Singles or the part-skim mozarella cheese sticks. Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great day! It is beautiful here today!

Gonna - The stuff like kraft singles are the worst.. The mozzerella string cheese is acceptible on the plan (or at least they were when Liz and I had a COD to go to)

We try to buy low fat/part skim when we can, but we usually just buy natural block cheeses, which are more expensive, but worth it, I think.. We don't use enough per day to count it as our dairy, but if you do, I'd consider switching to yogurt smoothies like "Lite and Fit"...

The problem with the processed stuff is all the additives and preservatives in them, not to mention the sodium.. Of course, there's salt in any kind of cheese, but over the course of the past couple of years I've really tried to eliminate a lot of the extra stuff that processed foods have in them... Not just for weight loss, but for general health...

I never buy packaged lunch meats anymore.. I prefer to get Boar's Head brand as it's all natural and have some really good low sodium turkey and beef (the beef is REALLY low in sodium)...

Mama Nicole
05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Amy......you look adorable in your cap and gown :) Congrats!!!!

And Katie......I hope everything is ok. Are the kids and DH ok?
XOXO

aguerin
05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Hello all.

Not good news for me. I am traveling this week and have not even been close to OP. This really sucks and I have really been trying to be good.

I am sad to say that I have just realized that Nicole is from St. Louis and that is where I am through today. I would really have liked to have met, but I have a busy schedule and just didn't put 2 and 2 together in time.

Congrats to both Amy's on the graduation and the engagment. Whoo Hooo

I did finally get a new puppy. I will try to post some pics of her soon.

Good Luck all. I hope to get back on plan tomorrow and maybe even do a TO. I will probably need it.

No other action on the house. Still waiting on the last week in May to get the construction started, but that will be here before I know it.

Make Good Choices today. I can say that as I have just finished my chocolate/peanut butter cheese cake. LOL

ferrarimomof2
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope that everyone is having a great POPing day. I just got back from WI and was down almost a pound. They asked me today if I would be in the newspaper for them. I asked them, "Why me" and they said, "Because I had done so good." I told them that I would do it. What a great way to help with my motivation to stay on plan.

I am sorry about everyone that has stress going on in their life. I hope that things calm down soon.

Congrats Amy's on the graduation and engagements.

Well, I better go get to work.

Have a great day.

BarbaraB
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Dionne, You are doing just great. Over half way to goal already.

Nicole, Perhaps your DH could help out in some limited way. Your MIL is likely dealing with a lot, so do what you can while still supporting your family. People do think that SAHM have a ton of extra time, which I found when I was staying at home that the hours other people were at work went zipping right on by quickly... They only seem long when you are working them. I wish I lived closer, as I would come over and watch your kids, as I'm sure your DH wants to make sure his grandma is taken care of too. I helped move my grandma into assisted living, and it was a chore. I was glad to do it though. She was a sweet, sweet lady and I still miss her. Just bad timing for your family. Perhaps there is something you could do from there.. hire a cleaning service... something.... to help from a distance...

Katie, I wonder why your cousins were so unpleasant? Most people at least attempt to help out family members when asked. I'm sure they have their reasons. I suppose we all have days when someone asks for one more thing, and it is just seeming impossible to fit one more task into the day. With both parents working in most families, there just is so much stress. Sorry they took that out on you and your grandma. Too many people have their lives way too overbooked.

Graduate Amy, I loved the picture of you in your cap and gown! Congrats! You KNOW that you will do the best on the bar if your brain is firing on all cylinders, and to make it do that you need to eat healthy and exercise. A healthy body makes for a sharp mind. So take care of yourself.

Amy of the fancy new ring. How exciting and how romantic that he took you back to the place where you met. How did your finals go? Don't get too wrapped up in the whole wedding thing... a wedding is just a day, but a marriage is for life, so make it about the joy you have coming together and not about what you have to do to impress people.... I still wish I had relaxed and enjoyed it more and not been so tense about what might go wrong and what people would think.

Michelle, I'm sure the scale is just getting ready to do a good sized drop...

Dixie Amy, Traveling is hard. Just do your best and get back on track as soon as you can.

loserjulie
05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Wondering if anyone can give me some insight to something that is becoming a problem. Ever since I've gotten close to my goal, it seems I've been self-sabotaging myself. I even told my COD that I didn't want to reach my goal because maintaining can't be nearly as fun as losing! I have reached my goal and then proceeded to gain back a few pounds just so I could lose it again. So I've been on this rollercoaster of gaining and losing for about 2 months now. I'll be POP for a couple weeks and then just go crazy. Has anyone else run into anything like this? Help!!

amylou7777
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Good evening losers and friends!

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Barbara- thank you for your encouragement. I KNOW that I do better with studying when I'm exercised and eating right. It's going to be a huge challenge, but I'm trying to develop a routine that I can stick to!

And I loved your comment about the wedding. It is so true--it's just a day! I keep getting caught up in all of the pretty things, but have to bring myself back to earth! I do think I am in the wrong line of work....the wedding business is a gold mine!

Amy-when do you plan on moving to be with DF (!!!!)....congrats on being done (or almost) with finals! And your summer job! Sounds like things are really coming together. That is awesome.

Dionne-WOW!! Congrats on being the local celebrity. I can't believe you even questioned why they would pick you. You totally deserve it. Congrats on another lb lost! Wow!

Nicole-thanks hun! GL with the family stuff. You are so strong.

Katie-hope everything is going ok in your neck of the woods! It's so hard to be the only family member who does the right thing consistently--I hope they come around.

Loserjulie- even though I am quite far from my goal, I know exactly what you mean about self-sabotage. Something inside me tells me that I don't deserve to be skinny, so I overeat. Sounds like you are worried about the next step. You've gotten so comfortable losing, you are fearing the unknown. I'm sure the maintainers will chime in with their words of wisdom! CONGRATS on your loss!

So I just spent 4 straight hours in my kitchen preparing meals for the summer. I will be locked up studying for the bar starting next week so I'm trying to avoid the urge to eat conviniently while I'm hitting the books. Most of what I made is OP, some for me and some for DF. I made a bunch of chicken burritos with whole wheat tortillas FF refried beans and rice. They are portioned pretty small. I'm going to count them as a P, SS. Not exactly POP but they will be easy to grab out of the freezer and defrost at school. I also made meatloaf combining turkey and ground sirloin--with all of the usual fixings. This is DFs favorite. I made Deb's diet coke sloppy joes and a low-carb lasagna (with zuchhini), enchiladas (not OP) and a regular lasagna (not OP). My kitchen is trashed and so am I! I have a few more things I wanted to get made today, but I'm taking a breather!

Hope you all have a fabulous night!

BarbaraB
05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Julie, You suffer from being human I guess. I find myself eating poorly and then getting back on track again and again. It is rather disconcerting when you've spent years and years trying to lose weight and finally you do it... It is kind of a what now. So much of my emotional energy had been wrapped up in putting myself down for being fat, not being fat was a bit strange. I had to work hard to stop the voices in my head from saying you must lose weight. Now I try to always tell myself that I must try to eat healthy. Really it is such a better way to treat myself.

JLem311
05-14-2008, 10:46 PM
just wanted to post quick and say amylou--you look amazing! :)

tje4481
05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Amy....great grad pic! Not only do you look fantastic (that color is great on you!) but you look satisfied! Must feel awesome to have accomplished all that you have.

Julie...maybe looking forward is the trick! Look back, but only to learn that you have traveled so very far. I mean...losing, what, 93 pounds! That my dear, is incredible! Is it the goal weight that's the problem or what you'll do with it? I mean, do you have a plan for when you reach it? Think about this...you've had a plan for the weightloss, always known what to do next, how to do it. Your time and energy was planned. Now that your goal is within reach, maybe you're feeling lost. Set a different type of goal for yourself, learn something new, take a class or something. My point is, maybe you just need a new plan. :-)

At any rate, you must feel very proud of yourself! I hope I do as well.. :-)
Tami

Mama Nicole
05-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Barbara........I always look forward to your posts and advice :) I am afraid DH booked his tickets, and he leaves sunday afternoon. I did mention hiring someone to help MIL.....but I think DH needs to see that his Grandma is ok with his own eyes. She played a big part in raising him.....she is actually quite a mother figure to him. He needs this, and I will be ok. DD will be ok. You are absolutely right........it is just bad timing.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I managed to stay POP through this all. It is funny.......the busier life is for me, the better I stay OP. I guess I work best under pressure. I always have :)

Ok.......goodnight all :)
XOXO

AJinTN
05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Loserjulie,
I normally don't post on this thread only because it's hard for me to keep up with everyone, but your question got me thinking....
This is the third time in three years that I've done LAWL. Good news is that it has worked every time. Each time I do it, I start in the 160s and end up in the 140s before throwing it all out the window and gaining 20-25 lbs. I remember last year when I went on vacation I was 143 on the day we left and I still felt uncomfortable with the fact that I would be wearing a bathing suit. I think that I'm afraid that when I get to 'goal', I still won't like what I see. That scares me and I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm not 18 years old anymore, and I probably won't ever look like that again. I guess what I'm thinking is, if I never get to goal, I won't have to face that disappointment.

I don't know. I'm rambling. Most likely this isn't your issue, but it's funny what our minds and thoughts can do to us.

AJinTN
05-15-2008, 12:24 AM
One more thing - 93 lbs?!?! Awesome.

And for Nicole - your support of your DD brings tears to my eyes every time I read an update from you. I know that many here have already expressed that, but I feel like I need to say something too. I have a relationship with my Mom similar to what you obviously have with your daughter, and I promise you that it means the world to her (even if she doesn't realize it yet). Not exactly the same situation, but my Mom backed me when I decided to move in with my boyfriend at 18. She didn't really like it, but I made it very clear that she couldn't change it. After 5 years we got married, and just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. We have wonderful careers and are doing better than I could have ever imagined. I honestly couldn't be happier and my Mom and I are closer than ever. You can look forward to decades and decades of a relationship with your daughter that no one else will ever understand. She and I are lucky young ladies.

Kimphin
05-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Heck.. Forget about the ring.. HE GOT YOU A Wii!!!! That's a man who really cares!! (I got one for Liz last year...)

The Wii Boxing game that comes with the Wii Sports disc is a lot of fun and if you get into it, you'll get a pretty decent mini-workout...

LOLOL! I'm totally with you on that Dan! DH got me Guitar Hero III for Valentines Day! I desperately want Wii.

Amy - the ring is beautiful! Congrats again.

Nicole - I very much understand your rant, and I am so sorry - and angry. Around here, police have a TON of time off (not diminishing what they do - but it is one STRONG union - believe me, they have the ability to take time off) so unless things are really different where BIL is, that's bull! I can also understand that your DH wants to do whats right for his GM, I'm sure he's torn. I hope he's home in time for the birth. - And, how cool that you are thinking about giving DD her own "space" downstairs - you are a great mom!

Dionne - congrats on being a star!

Was out yesterday at a conference, so got TONS to do today... Be Good!

cottonfarmer81
05-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I was stalled. So my counselor put me on the next lower plan. I promptly gained 2 lbs. Has anyone else done this. My body doesn't take to change well.

Dan2112
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
CF81, Give it some time to adjust.. But don't wait too long before you express your concerns to your counselor... Just see what happens and stick to the plan..

Julie - You're suffering from a very common problem among us... As you're getting close to your goal, mentally, you've become comfortable with where you are.. Friends and family are complimenting you on the job you've done and how great you look.. People you haven't seen for a while hardly recognize you.. The positive vibes make you feel SO GOOD that subconciously, your brain has told you that you've done enough and that you can take a break.. This is where the danger lies...

This is also where the LAWL plan, despite the obvious bad management of the business and bad reputation, is so effective.. Reaching your goal isn't enough.. You MUST stablize your system first and the work your way into maintenance.. If you don't, and you return to your evil eating ways (which can be very easy to do if you're not paying attention), you'll start bouncing right back up the scale.. Once stabilization and maintainence is done, you'll be able to go back to eating many of the foods you thought would be gone forever.. But you'll be eating less of it..

Mentally, you'll be prepared to keep your portion sizes down and physically, your body will be better capable of digesting the junk food without holding onto the fat and calories... Plus, you'll find that if you DO eat like you used to, you will feel sick and crappy... It's not pleasent...

So stick to your guns and finish the game.. You've done SO amazingly well, you're an inspiration to the rest of us!

pjbeau
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi, all!!

Well, DH's fourth procedure did the trick...his vein is free from clots...what a relief. He should be moved to the Rehab facility today or tomorrow, where he will stay for about a week. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. This board is just the best place to get support and encouragement on everything...weight related and not.

Hang in there, Nicole. Woohoo....baby any day now. Hopefully, DH will get back home before the baby comes, but hey...you are queen of multi-tasking...you can handle it.

Congrats on graduation, Amy!

Katie - I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Gotta go for now, I'll check in again later.

Mama Nicole
05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh, Paula.......what great news!!! I am so happy for you and DH!!!

Everyone who is struggling with staying OP today....I feel ya!!! Hang in there. Even if you screwed up today, say by going to McDonald's with your severely pregnant daughter (who, me? well, yeah.....), you can still do this. The whole day is NOT a wash..........get right back on track. I plan to prepare a very healthy, delicious, OP meal tonight. I'll see you in **** Ronald McDonald :lol:!!!

Well, DD had her appointmet today......she is 38 1/2 weeks.....and her naughty little baby is breech!!!!! The doctor is super smart and somewhat conservative, so she wants to see DD again on Wednesday.....and if the baby is still breech at that point......then we will schedule a C-section. Did any of you have this problem? One of my kids was breech for a while, but they turned.......but it was a bit earlier than 38 1/2 weeks. I really don't want DD to have major surgery. She is only 17...........

Anway.......hang in there, everyone....and thanks for all of your kind words :) I appreciate all of the time you all take to support me and everyone else here on this board :)
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Amylou- you look great! DId you lighten your hair? I am not stressing about my wedding. I am planning a smaller one, and I have tremendous help!

My finals are done! Yey! Funny thing is I am transferring to University of Virginia, so school will go on further, but it's ok. I don't want to wait 1.5+ years to marry him.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Take care!

Mama Nicole
05-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Jersey Amy......you look so darn cute and happy in your avatar.......and the ring.....OMG.........gorgeous!!!
XOXO

Repo girl
05-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Nicole! Yeah, my 2nd baby was breech, and was a C Section. You know what? It was no big deal. When they are scheduled, you get a spinal block, so you are still awake and aware. You get to nurse about 45 min after the baby is born. Best of all, they do a bikini cut, so you don't have a weird scar. Of course, natural would be ideal, but don't worry too much about the C either.

Repo girl
05-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh, I also forgot to say that it sounds like maybe DH will be back for the birth? I really hope so!

BarbaraB
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Nicole, Gee... I don't know much about when babies are likely to move or when they aren't, but the fact that the doctor wants to check again soon means some of them must shift and get where they are supposed to be.
If your DH isn't going to be back, perhaps you should look into hiring a temporary nanny. I know it is an added expense, but having someone reliable to leave with your other kids while you are with your DD at the hospital might be worth the cost, if your DH is not back. I bet there are people who do that in the St Louis area.

WindSong40
05-16-2008, 08:22 AM
hi everyone.

well yesterday was a very stressful day for me. i managed to stay OP up til lunchtime, then it was all out the window.

my 20 year old son had gone missing since late wednesday night. no one could find him, he wasn't answering his cell phone. he didn't go home, and he didn't show up for work the next morning. all day we were trying to find him and playing the waiting game.

i had just come off a 12 hour night shift yesterday morning and ended up not sleeping at all. I was extremely worried and very tired.

turns out my son had gotten very ill and ended up passing out on a pathway somewhere for who knows how long. some nice couple found him and drove him home. turns out someone got his cell phone probably when he was passed out, he finally called me around 530 or 6pm so i went to see him. i ended up taking him to the emergency room and was there until midnight last night. i had not eaten anything from lunch at 1pm until after we got home from the hospital. my DH and I were so hungry we stopped at Wendy's on the way home.

still don't know whats wrong with him. but he's vomitting so much (i brought him home to my place) sorry to be so graphic but the amount of liquid he is vomitting is astounding! he was not drinking anything... not a drop. i've never seen anything like it. he's finally sleeping now and hasn't vomitted for about 3 or 4 hours.

i was so scared out of my mind. it was totally out of character for my son to not contact anyone and not show up at work. anyway, sorry for such a long post and thank you for letting me vent.

Repo girl
05-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Michelle- Holy Cow! Man, I am glad he is found and okay. What an ordeal, huh?

Dan2112
05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry you're having to go through that Michelle.. All the best to him and to you!!!

It's times like these when being OP doesn't seem to matter much.. That's the last thing you have to worry about!

ferrarimomof2
05-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Michelle- Sorry you are so stressed. I am glad that someone found him and I hope that he gets better soon.

Kimphin
05-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Michelle - Thank God that couple found him. I can only imagine what was going through your mind. I hope that they can find out what's wrong and help him.

I've got a luncheon today - I will be picking my way around the food. I know that there will at least be salad - so I will bring my little bottle of spritzer for the dressing. We are going down to the LPGA golf tournament this weekend, and I will be walking my butt off Sat and Sun (it's quite the large butt, so it needs the work!).

Have a wonderfully POP weekend everyone!

Kimphin
05-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Good luck on your NAMI walK Jillian! I hope the weather is good.

Mama Nicole
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh, Michelle........you poor thing!!! I am suprised the hospital released him if he was still vomitting. I know you will keep a close eye on him, but HOW scary. Do they want him to see a doctor in a day or so?

Kim......have fun golfing :)

Jillian.............yes, dear..........have a blast on your NAMI walk!!!

Where the **** is Kim#2 anyway? :lol:

Katie.......I did have one c-section out of 5, and it was ok.......I am just worried about her because she is young, and the recovery is so much more difficult. Plus, she wants to breast feed.....and I know first hand how difficult that can be after surgery. Having said that (OMG.....I sound like Paula Abdul), I know the goal is to have a safe baby and mom.....and whatever it takes is whatever that takes. I will just worry more. I haven't expressed all of my own personal worries to her........I don't want to cause her any more anxiety........I am sure it will all work out ok. Hopefully that little stinker will just turn back around :)

Ok, time to get the laundry going. It has been my own personal demon lately. You know how I feel, right Elizabeth.......and LETTIE!!!!! :hug:

Here I go........
XOXO

Repo girl
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Nicole- You know, since I have had all C-Sections, I have no idea how the recovery times compare, LOL. You may consider taking her to a massage therapist or acupuncturist that specializes in maternity stuff. They may be able to help. Oh, I could also do a distance Reiki session on her and the baby. Let me know if you want me to, I would be happy to do it.

Jillian- Have a great day!!!

Kim- Have fun at the golf tourney!

Nicole- About the laundry- Have you ever wanted to load it all up and go to the laundry mat to get it all done at once? I have done that a couple of times when I got so far behind that I could see I would never get caught back up. It's like magic.

JLem311
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
hey everyone! just checking in really quick. hope everyone has had a great week and an even better weekend.
my NAMI walk is tomorrow morning and there are going to be so many people there, i'm super excited! :) i can't wait. it's only a 5k walk, so no biggie on that, just seeing the turn out and all the people there for such a great organization is amazing to me. i love it.

ok..got lots of stuff to do today now that i'm done with work for today.

BarbaraB
05-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Michelle, I'm so sorry that your son got so sick and I can just imagine the worry. I have a 19 year old daughter, so I know how much you can worry over them. I hope he recovers quickly. I wonder if it was food poisoning?

pjbeau
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Michelle - I hope your DS feels better soon. I completely understand your stress, but don't make it worse by worrying about staying OP right now. Give yourself a breather, then you'll be ready to get back on track.

Nicole - I have no idea if babies will turn in the last week or so, but they must since the doctor is waiting to schedule a C-section. Then too, this may be one area where your DD's age is an advantage. Being younger, she will probably recover quicker and easier.

DH is feeling better...just from the stress relief of the clots being gone. His leg is still very sore...and he's having to use a walker again, but hopefully only for a day or so. His Coumadin level hasn't got to where it needs to be yet, so he may not get moved to Rehab until sometime during the weekend. No big deal though...now that I know he's going to okay.

Hugs to everybody....hope you have a great weekend!!

Kimphin
05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Paula - glad DH is on the mend!

mini me
05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Howdy! I did LA weightloss about 2 years ago and lost 16 pounds. I have put on 30 thanks to a white mocha frappe addiction. :coffee: I still log on to this forum and read once or twice a week; so, I know I'll get the answer to my question from the experts. :) I'm thinking about giving it a go again, but my center has closed. I was on gold with lites. If I left out lites, would I add something in its place?

ferrarimomof2
05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Paula- I am glad that your DH is doing better.

Jillian- enjoy your walk tomorrow

I just got back from picking up DS at school, WI, and taking DD to doctor. Maybe now I can eat some lunch I am starving and it was very tempting to go buy fast food. However, I didn't so victory for me. I had lost another 1 1/2 since WI on Wednesday. I am not sure it is completely accurate due to WI at a much later time than normal but I will take it. I hope that everyone has a terrific night and weekend. Stay POP.

LoisKent
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Michelle-our sons are the same age and I can't imagine what would happen to me if I were in your shoes dieting would not even cross my mind and I am sure most moms would agree . I am so relieved he was found but can you give us an update on his health when you get a chance please ? You just take care of him and yourself and when the time is right you will hop right back on the plan .
A little late here since I haven't been on this week but CONGRATS to both Amys on the beginning of thier new lives it must be so exciting looking into such a bright future.
Nicole- The days ae slipping by way to quick here (though I bet for your DD its proably not quick enough). I can just tell you are going to be the good granny that spoils the baby rotten with hugs and little snuggly kisses and an occasional ice cream cone. I am praying the little one does a quick turn around and that your DH makes it home in time to enjoy the first rush of being a grandparent with you. Best of luck to all of you .
Hi to everyone else and heres to everyone having a great POP weekend filled with love happiness and the peace that it sounds like a few really need right now.
I am off to bed as 4 am comes early :( . Nighty night all

ferrarimomof2
05-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I hope that everyone had a great night. I posted a new avatar pic of my DH and I in the lobby lounge in Malaysia the night we left. I also posted a pic of me in front of some fountains in downtown Malaysia. I have not updated my pics since beginning of January. I thought it was time.

WindSong40
05-17-2008, 10:38 AM
thank you everyone so much for all the support!!

my son is feeling much better after sleeping almost all day yesterday. they never did say what might be wrong with him at the hospital, but after speaking with his boss (my son had just started a new job) apparently some people when they start working there get really sick from some of the fumes. my boy works for a chemical company (why they don't wear masks i dunno) brian goes back to work on tuesday morning, and if he gets sick again he won't be able to work there. so i guess we'll see if thats what did it to him. what worried me the most though is that he had passed out and we have no idea for how long. thank God for those nice people who found him and took him home!

cecil
05-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone! I wanted to stop by this thread and say hi real quick!
Paula glad DH is getting better!
Nicole, it's getting so close to Grandma time!
Jillian, hope the walk went good.
Michelle, glad you son is ok!
MICHIE WHERE R U? SERIOUSLY!
Hope you all have a great pop weekend!
Dionne, Congrats on the Celeb status! Proud of you!

loserjulie
05-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Here is to my first POP day in quite a while!! Thanks for everyone's great advice about my self-sabotaging question. I'm feeling stronger already. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

Mama Nicole
05-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Katie..thank you!!! It is gorgeous!!! Emily absolutely LOVES it!!!! More later :)
XOXO

Repo girl
05-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh, I am so glad! I was worried that it would not get there in time!

I have finally gotten back on the band wagon! I am not doing LAWL, but a new something that I wanted to try. I don't want to post publicly yet what I am trying, but I finally get to move my ticker! Yahoooo!

whatazoo
05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello all, hope your weekend is treating you well. It was hot here yesterday (upper 80's) and I can just feel myself retaining water. So what happens - TOM hits too. Lucky me (sorry if that's TMI...). I'm starting my 5th week of stabilization Monday and I get a third starch! that is, if my water weight hasn't skyrocketed by tomorrow morning!! I have lost another couple pounds since starting stabilization. That was very nice!

anyway, just checking in.

traceym1
05-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Boy, I bet it feels great to begin stabilizing! I can not wait to get that point.

Tracey

amylou7777
05-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi friends!

Jillian-thank you so much for the compliment! Even though I did not make it to my goal for graduation, I do have to admit that I did feel pretty on my graduation day! It was a nice feeling. My black dress was a size 16! None of my jeans are 16s quite yet, but it was nice to see that number! I hope you had a great time at the NAMI walk! My mom did it in our hometown and said it was awesome! Congratulations!

It has been a busy weekend...I have been very not POP...I realize this is not grammatically correct but it sums it up quite nicely. I'm really sick of this out of control feeling. I've been off school/work this week and when I have idle time--I eat. Plus I'm pretty stressed about starting my bar review course tomorrow morning. A family friend just found out that she did not pass the bar for the second time :( I have confidence in myself--but I don't know what I'd do if I had to take it three times?!

So I start my courses tomorrow at 9am. I'm going to bed early/waking up early with DF. I'll be at the gym by 7 for an hour long workout. I'm going to try to take it easy with a walk on the treadmill and some weights. I'm not used to showering at the gym but I'm going to give it a try. I hope I can keep this up!

I'm sorry I'm still catching up with you all. I hope that all is well! I'm SOOOO SOO ready to be back to POP.