100 lb. Club - Accountability/menus/planning - week of May 12 - May 18. . .

Beverlyjoy
05-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey.

Beverlyjoy
05-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi chickala's! Yesterday was a nice day. DH had to be out of town, but, I had dinner with my mom at her favorite chinese restaurant. I ate 4 of the 6 steamed dumplings I ordered. They were delicious - and I am glad that I was able to leave some on my plate. :) I am grateful that I had a good day with food yesterday. Also, my son called - so that was wonderful. :D

Last night I was dreaming about eating pizza and a hot fudge sundae! Actually, I've been craving them. Isn't that funny!

I need to take Mom to the doctor today. Will clean up my office and do paperwork. DH will be home this afternoon. :D

stretches
heat/ice
log food
meditation
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - tuna sandwich with lite mayo, veggies
snack - orange, crackers
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I hope you all have GREAT day. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
05-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Good morning, Friends!

I ate off plan yesterday and stayed up too late last night watching Survivor and the aftershow. I'm dragging today! I have my cup of java nearby and I'm gearing up to start my work week. We are having company for the next two weekends and I need to get my house in order. Also, we are finally getting some window shades up on the first floor so I have a lot to take care of this week. We need to block that sun and save our electric bill! No matter busy I may get, I'm determined to walk each evening. The walking is helping the scale to smile for me. I'm now at a solid 40 pounds lost. :carrot:

I'll check back in again later. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

bigtxmomma
05-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Good morning, Rhonda and Beverly and everyone else who will be checking in soon!

Woohoo for 40 pounds lost!!!! =D Rhonda, wow. Sounds like a very busy week, too. =/

Beverly, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you for reaching Onederland. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm checking in early to force myself to eat properly today. It's so hard to get back on track. I am down to 268, which is kind of good. Just goes to show how many calories I'd really have to eat to gain weight. Which is really, really scary. I'm glad I haven't gotten back to that point, at least.

Anyway, no exercise today because I'm sunburned, badly. I don't think I'll even be able to put on a shirt today. Oy!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Trazey34
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Go Rhonda! go Rhonda!! 40 lbs gone whoohoo!

Schmoodle
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Woo hoo Rhonda! Doesn't that feel great?
Here's my today:
B: devilled eggs, oatmeal breakfast bar, coffee with milk
L: turkey meatloaf over salad greens, tomato soup, 5 reduced fat triscuits
S: latte, orange
D: Four bean and turkey sausage hot dish, salad, veggie
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

Be back to visit in a bit. Just wanted to get my food down before the day is half over!

Schmoodle
05-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Beverly, glad you had a nice mother's day! You asked about the chocolate cheesecake smoothie, so here's the recipe. It's very good and makes a quick high-protein breakfast, or a yummy snack or dessert.
Blend 1 cup lowfat or skim milk, 1 envelope NSA hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese, and 5 ice cubes.
Rhonda, good job keeping up with the walking. What did you think about the Survivor finale? I really enjoyed the season, was not rooting for the person that won, but wow, what a crazy ride!
bigtx, take care of that sunburn and next time remember your sunscreen. At least I hope you had a good time getting it! Good job getting back on plan.
:wave:Trazey!

Busy busy worker bee here today! Aside from work, DD had a doctor's appt. this morning, and I've got a dental appt this afternoon. I've got dinner in the crockpot at least, and I stayed up too late last night too Rhonda, so I plan to hit the hay early tonight!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-12-2008, 01:42 PM
[B]What did you think about the Survivor finale? I was routing for Amanda, then Cirie and then Parvati. Amanda plays a great game, but she just doesn't handle the jury questions very well. But, love the romance going on between Ozzy and Amanda. Boy, he sure surprised me at the jury! I didn't see that coming...thought it was all game on his part.

Momma - So glad to see you back with us! :hug: I was planning on PM'ing you today if we didn't see hear from you.

mj5
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone! I thought I posted this am, but I guess not....sorry! We are purging files at work (ICK!!!), so I am not at my computer. I'll catch up w/ everyone soon.

Darkblue
05-12-2008, 11:30 PM
On plan today but at high end, ~1600 cal, 28g fiber, water.

Work's still busy, but not insane. DH is now out of town, so I'm doing the single-parent routine again. Sheeesh, I'm tired.

Hope the week goes well for everyone--stay on plan!

Beverlyjoy
05-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi chickies! Yesterday was on plan :) - I am grateful.

I have to go to the dentist today.:( Office work.

DH has got the week off. YAY :D

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, 1/2 banana, toast with npnb
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, veggie
dinner - grilled chicken breast (lemon pepper marinade), salad, corn
snack - cereal, fruit, flax skim milk

Dark Blue - YAY, being on plan is great. :D Parenting alone is hard work...hang in there.

Mj5 - hope your busy day went well. :)

Schmoodle - thanks so much for the recipe. :D I will definately make this. I like using the crockpot, too.

Bgtxmamma- Take care of that sunburn...ouch! :hug: So glad you are doing well with your weight. Plan for a healthy day and carry on! You CAN do this.

Rhonda - YAY!!! 40 pounds down forever. :D:D:carrot::carrot::D:D Yes, we love that smiling scale. Good job on the walking.

Hi Trazey! :)

Have a GREAT day everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Confession time...Hubby and I went shopping last night and decided to have an impromptu dinner. I didn't stay on-plan at all. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of paying for an on-plan meal at a restaurant. Restaurants have always been for splurging and enjoying great food. The on-plan food is just not that great at restaurants. No excuses...I messed up. But, I'm back on-plan today. I haven't been walking since Friday and my knee is hurting today. I'm hoping that it feels better by this afternoon so I can walk again. The walking helps the scales to keep smiling.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check in again later.

Schmoodle
05-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Good morning chicks! Looks like we are in for a couple of nice days of weather here! Busy day today, work, work, work, then lots of kid stuff going on tonight.
Here's my plan:
B: deviled egg, Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter
S: Tomato soup, string cheese
L: meatloaf over salad, sugar free jello
D: 4 bean and turkey kielbasa hot dish, veggies and salad
S: yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

lol, mj, I thought you typed purging FLIES at first. I pictured you fighting an infestation at work.
Rhonda, I have the same attitude about dining out, and impromptu makes it harder. If I know in advance, I can check the menu and plan ahead what I'm having without reading the other stuff and being tempted. Last night DH took us to the Chinese buffet. I hate going there because it's so hard to stay on plan, but the fam loves it. Anyway, I just had a bowl of soup, green beans, and a little teriyaki chicken. A waste of $13, if you ask me. I'm always tempted to eat a lot to get my $$ worth you know, that's why I hate buffets!
Hi darkblue, hope DH is home soon!

Have a great sunny day all!

mj5
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone! Our files are done!!!! Well, at least the purging part that I have to help w/. Now we just go back through and audit our own files to make sure everything is filed where it needs to be. We do this all along, but it's nice to have another look at things.

I have been doing ok eating on plan. Exercise has been pretty good too. Now that this file business is done, I will be back and get caught up w/ everyone!

Beverlyjoy
05-14-2008, 05:58 AM
:)Hi chickies - yesterday went fairly well. However, I did eat about 500 extra calories. I'll plan for a healthy day today and carry on. :)

Today I have errands to run and office work to do. I need to take my mom to a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

the usual things...water, log food, stretches, etc.

breakfast - egg white scramble, toast with npnb, strawberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, carrots
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - sloppy joes, lite bread, green beans
snack - oatmeal, fruit, flax, skim milk

MJ5 - so glad your files are done!! And - hooray for staying with your plan and even getting in some exericse. :D

Schmoodle - great plan! Hope you had a good day. :D

Rhonda - you take care of that knee! :hug: Don't worry about one day off your plan. Life happens - plan for a good day and carry on. You CAN do this!! :)

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Schmoodle
05-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Good morning chicks, I'm about to get on the road and today will be meetings and running around so food planning is VERY important.
B: hard boiled egg, oatmeal breakfast bar
S: string cheese
L: leftover beans with turkey sausages, salad
S: almonds
D: SBD cola chicken (on rolls for the fam) with cole slaw, tomato soup
S: sugar free jello cup

avi0903
05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone -

I have not been doing as well as I should, am not sure why. Well, I know I'm not losing because I'm back to eating garbage and not exercising. I'm just not sure what prevents me from taking care of my health.

I want to get back on track, and so am here to be inspired by others. You all do so terrific! So I will post a plan for today, and hopefuly stick to it. Then, I can say I achieved a mini-goal. Just for today, I will stick to my plan.

Bkfst - I already screwed that up. I had a poptart in the car on the way to work. Daughter and I were running late.
Lunch - tuna on whole wheat and salad
snack - low fat yogurt
dinner - meatballs with whole wheat pasta
snack - apple/diet soda

will try to drink lots of water.

mj5
05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone...well so much for catching up w/ everyone today. Our certifiers showed up TODAY!!! YIKES!!!! I spent the day gathering info for them and trying to answer questions. Oh, yea I forgot to mention, I was the highest ranking person in the building and there are MANY, MANY people above me!!! Talk about stress! I did not stress eat (no time and I kinda felt nauseous!). I did go up and down three flights of stairs (no elevator in our building) at least 20 times--seriously. I'm counting that as my exercise for today! They come back tomorrow for round two....The good news is, even though I was the only supervisor-type person there, I felt totally supported by everyone. That helped more than they will ever know!

I will try to pop in tomorrow, but if not I'll be back Friday night.

Beverlyjoy
05-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Hi Chicks - I stayed within my calories yesterday :) - I am grateful. DH is on vacation this week. He's been bringing in lots of candy. :dizzy: I've had a few too many nibbles of the candy. I've counted it all in, however, I don't need it.

Today I will have lunch with a friend. It's someone I haven't seen in a long time. Should be fun. Our cousins are coming over for dinner.

Today:

ice/heat
meditation
stretches/movement
plan and log food
lots of water

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - something healthy
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - gardenburger with lite cheese, on lite bun, veggie
snack - oatmeal, raisins, skim milk

Mj5- wow - no stress eating...that's a major accomplishment!! :D:):D I hope today goes well too. Hang in there!

Avi - Hi!! I hope your day went well. :) Good plan. Lot's of water is great.

Schmoodle - good plan. I agree - it's good to put down your plan for the day. :D It keeps it all real, doesn't it? Hope you had a good day.

Have a great day, folks. :):D:)

Schmoodle
05-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I feel like I'm back in my groove chicks, but we all know how easy it is to slip back out!
Here's today:
B: omelet with Canadian bacon, cheese, and veg, coffee with milk
S: Ezekiel cereal with milk
L: leftover cola chicken over salad, tomato juice
D: Eggplant lasagne, salad
S: sugar free jello cup

:hug: avi, fake it until you make it! Just don't give up trying to get back on plan. We don't expect to be perfect here, we just keep trying! Take a good look at your plan and see if you can figure out why it's not working for you. It's not you failing your plan, it's your plan failing you. If you need some suggestions, just ask.

mj5
05-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Can I just say, my dh is wonderful???? As I was trying to de-compress and not stress eat least night, he kept reminding me the certifiers are "just people" and even though they have a lot of control, they are only people and I shouldn't be afraid of them. I wish he had been at work w/ me yesterday!!!! Oh well, today *should* be better, but we'll see....I just don't like feeling so ill-prepared!

On the upside, I know I got a great leg workout yesterday....my quads are super sore! ;)

avi0903
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi All!

I love reading your posts. You are all so upbeat - I'll keep reading so I can get that way also (and get healthy). So I did OK, and stuck to my plan, until my daughter went to bed. That last hour when she's in bed, before I go to bed, is my worst. I had hoped to not eat, or if I needed to I would just eat baby carrots. But no - I had crackers with peanut butter (maybe not the worst thing, but I had too many) and then I needed something sweet, so I had some meringues (fat free, but plenty sweet).

Well, today's another day:

bkfst - cheerios with milk
lunch - tuna/veggies
dinner - salmon with salad
snack - fruit

Again, I'll try to drink lots of water (yesterday I have to admit it was more diet soda than water) and to walk for 20 minutes

GirlyGirlSebas
05-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Good morning, Friends!

Just dropping by for a quick check-in. I've decided to take tomorrow off, so I have a ton of work to get through today. My Dad is coming in on Saturday and I have so much to do to get this house perfect. We're not dirty, but our home is definitely lived in. Tonight,my oldest DD is in a play, so I won't get much accomplished this evening.

I've still not been working out. I've been doing okay with the food, so I might have a little loss for this week. The DDs are out of school as of the 23rd and they're going to Florida with the grandparents for about a month. I'm gonna miss them like crazy, but this will give me a chance to focus on myself for a bit and get this train moving quickly in the right direction.

I'll try to check in again later. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Darkblue
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Checking in quickly, because things are a zoo at work right now...

More-or-less on plan this week, think I'm down another pound. DH out of town, kids want school to be over with NOW.

You all take care!

Parade
05-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Just thought I would check in quickly before I have to get ready for a 16 hour shift.

Started my new job last week. I love what I do, but it's pretty stressful. I'm working as a Unit Clerk on the Med/Surg floor at our local hospital, and food is very much along the lines of "grab it when you can 'cause you might not get another chance later!" Pizza or take-out is ordered a lot, but there is a nurse I work with who is trying to lose weight too, so we stick together a lot. We take turns bringing in salads and lean protein and stuff and stash it in the employee fridge.

There were a few evenings where I had to resort to the pizza that everyone else was having, but I did limit myself to two slices and lots of veggies. It was about the best I could do, and I was proud of myself for not just thinking "to heck with it" and scarfing down 5 or 6 slices.

The floor I work is on the 3rd floor, and I've been avoiding the elevator at all costs, unless I'm helping move a patient. I figure my feet are going to kill me by the end of my shift anyway, so stairs aren't going to make much of a difference.

I'm down nearly 7 pounds already, and I've lost 3.5 inches off my hips! I know a lot of it is water weight, but I'm still proud of it.

Beverlyjoy
05-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi folks....yesterday I ate off my plan. Boy, it's amazing that after monthes of staying with my plan - how easy it is to veer off. Thank goodness every day is a new beginning.

Today I will finish getting ready for my annual plant swap at the local park. I've hosted this swap/potluck for 7 years. It's tomorrow and always great fun. Last year there were 150 people from 4 states and about 3000 plants for trading.

Today -

finish up last minute details for the plant swap

breakfast - kashi waffle, npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - beans and rice, roasted vegetable
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk fruit

Have a GREAT day everyone. I'll try to get back for personals later.

mj5
05-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Beverlyjoy--the potluck/plant swap sounds like a lot of fun!

Schmoodle--How are you doing?

avi--Good for you for getting back on track!

Rhonda--Hope you have a great visit w/ your dad! Wow, a month long visit for your dd's...I'll bet they will have a great time!

Parade--Welcome, I can't remember if I have welcomed you before or not, I have been pretty stressed this week....good for you for doing your best at work w/ food. Be very proud, 7lbs is great!

Well, the visit is over, now the real work starts....I need time to process all that was thrown at us and it was a LOT. Some (majority) I am not directly responsible for, but it's really hard to be critiqued like that in front of so many major players. It's ok, we will bounce back! Good news is, I am down 1lb this week!

How is everyone else? Mathpuppy? txmomma? Purple? Ginger? And everyone else I am forgetting....

I am helping w/ my grandmother's garage sale this weekend, so I'll pop in when I can.

Have a great on plan weekend everyone!

Schmoodle
05-16-2008, 08:47 AM
I ate more than I had on my plan yesterday, but it was all "legal" stuff, so okay I guess. I had a couple of NSA fudgesicles to kill a sweets craving, and a few peanuts. I'm still counting it on plan since I don't count calories. Here's today:

B: Kashi waffle with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: tomato juice, lowfat swiss cheese
L: leftover cola chicken or eggplant lasagna over salad
D: whatever leftover I didn't have for lunch, salad, sugar snap peas, GLASS OF WINE
S: rhubarb dessert

mj, glad you are through the worst of it at work. Congrats on the lb! And isn't it great to have an awesome DH?
Beverly, you are right it is SO easy to fall. You can be coasting along on plan and suddenly boom, you are on your butt and you didn't see it coming! But it takes more than that to knock us out permanently right?
Parade, sounds like you are doing great under challenging circumstances! It will become habit after a while...
Hi darkblue, glad you are doing okay!
avi, you haven't asked, so feel free to disregard if you want to, but looking at your menu I wonder if you are eating enough? It looks like you might only be around 1000 calories/day. If you are starving at night, you might need to eat more during the day. Also, just fruit alone can cause cravings for other sweet stuff, so you might want to have some yogurt with your fruit snack, or some peanut butter on an apple. Just a thought for what it's worth. It's always better to eat more if you can and still lose, so your body doesn't try too hard to hold onto the weight, and also, you have room to reduce your calories later when your loss slows.
Rhonda, have a great visit with your dad. I'm sure you'll miss your girls, but I'll bet you're also excited to have some time alone with DH and time to yourself! It'll be a nice vacation for you.

Okay, I just want to crawl back into bed with a book on this gray, rainy day, but time to get down to work, so I'll be able to enjoy the weekend. Work, bills, menu planning, grocery list, then pizza at my mom's. That's my exciting day!

kissingginger
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,

another quick message to say I miss you all and I'm still hanging in there. I've gained about 5 lbs - but I am going to work hard to get down to 250 again. I don't even know what my ticker says.

I've been eating poorly and my exercise is non-existent since I can't seem to stay healthy. Yesterday I was at the Dr.'s office because I got an ear infection!!! I haven't had one of those since I was a little girl. So you know it's gotta be something bad in my system...whatever my body is fighting, it's making it tired, and worn out and I think it's time for a real break. Just don't know how to get a break. Either way, since January I've gone down from 275 to roughly 250...I'm still very proud of that and as long as I can maintain this for awhile till I get healthy enough to STAY healthy. Ugh...the hard part is - part of me knows that I could have still lost more weight if I had just stayed eating healthy (even with the illnesses...). But never mind, onward and downwards I say!

I'm flying in 2 weeks and that is a major stress for me. I have huge anxiety over it...any suggestions from frequent flyers?

Cheers for now,
Ginger

Schmoodle
05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Ginger, :hug: good to see you around. What are the anxieties about? Flying itself? Fitting into seats? Fear of heights?
Don't worry about the seats, at your weight and height you will not have a problem. I fly a lot and at 245 lbs. 5'4", I fit into the seat belts on every airline, and I am shorter than you, and so therefore probably rounder.
If it's fear of flying, you will be safe. Just look at everyone around you that does this every day and doesn't worry about it, including the crew. Take something really good to read, and some relaxing music to listen to.

avi0903
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi Ginger - I'm not a frequent flier, but I understand your anxiety. I had flown a couple of times as a teenager, then many years went by with no flying at all. 3 years ago we planned on going to Disneyworld and I had such anxiety over flying to Florida!! I remember I couldn't calm myself down no matter what (and of course ate and ate to cover up the anxiety).

When I was finally on the plane I had gum for chewing (to protect the ears from popping) and I also did a deep breathing exercise that I got from Dr. Andrew Weill's website: Breathe in nice and deep for a count of 4; hold your breath for a count of 7; breathe out like your pushing your air out for a count of 8. This worked like a charm for me. And I use it whenever I'm nervous or anxious. Enjoy your flight!

Schmoodle - Thank you so much for your tips. I've never thought that I am eating too few calories before, but I wonder if it's true. I've always thought I eat at night out of some bad habit, but maybe it's the calories. During the day I'm busy and "try to be good" and then at night I invariably just dive in to whatever (usually bad carbs) are around. I do this again and again.

I'll try to pay more attention to eating enough and you're right, sweets make me crave more sweets. Combining the apple with peanut butter sounds like a good tip. Thanks!

mj5
05-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone! I survived day one of the garage sale! I won't stay all day tomorrow b/c I am going to a wedding shower in the afternoon. Of course, I just realized that I need to plan ahead for the food part....hmmm, I better plan on eating before I go, I have no idea if there will be anything even remotely healthy there.

Schmoodle--Mmmm, a glass of wine, I think I might join you tonight! YES! An awesome dh is the BEST! He totally keeps me grounded!

Ginger--So sorry to hear you are sick again!!! I think you are doing a fantastic job w/ all you have been battling! I haven't flown in years, buy can you read? bring an mp3 player w/ favorite music?

Have a great night!

Schmoodle
05-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi mj, here's some :dust: to help get you through today.

Where are all the chicks? So quiet around here, everyone must be busy!
I am down 2 lbs. today, yippee! Finally showing a loss for May. I would so love to be into the 170's by the time June rolls around. I just need to keep racking up those clean eating days and exercise minutes.

B: egg salad on whole grain rye toast, coffee with milk
S: tomato soup, lowfat swiss cheese
L: leftover cola chicken or eggplant lasagna, some veggies
S: latte, peanut butter on celery
D: Still need to think about this, sugar snap peas
S: rhubarb dessert

Beverlyjoy
05-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi folks...what a great weekend! The plant swap was so much fun. There were 160 people with about 2700 for trading. The pot luck was amazing. I did indulge in some goodies. I am right back on program today.

today-

Lots of water
meditation
stretches
log food
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, applesauce
lunch - turkey and lite cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - I am not sure
snack - oatmeal, raisons, skim milk

I'll be back for personals later.

Have a good healthy day friends!

Darkblue
05-18-2008, 09:29 AM
I took my kids out to a local theme park yesterday. We walked around for nearly 8 hours, looking at exhibits, riding rides, wandering shops. Surely I burned a calorie or two, right? Well, my weight is UP a pound this morning, darn it. I'm wondering if it's water retention, as the only things they had available to eat were high-salt items--burgers, chicken fingers, etc. I also drank about a gallon of water yesterday....bah. How long does it take salt/water retention to go away? Even my feet/ankles and hands feel puffy.

mj5
05-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Good Morning! Ok, so yesterday I did NOT do so well. Actually, looking back it wasn't terrible. Good news, new day and a fresh start! I am right back on plan today! Unfortunately TOM is here and I am feeling all bloated and icky. I am really tired too, so I plan on hanging out w/ the dogs today. Hopefully I can find a good movie to watch.

Schmoodle--Great job, down 2lbs!!! Thanks, unfortunately it must have missed me, or wasn't strong enough....

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great job getting right back on plan today! I'm right there w/ you!

Darkblue--I would bet it's water retention. Keep drinking lots of water.

Have a great on plan day!