Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #36

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #36

ECmom
03-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Hi!!!!!!!:)
Welcome to a thread full of encouragment, support and humor as we share our lives as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family!! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM's #35 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives and to welcome Gemini and Sheila!
Ginny

ECmom
03-10-2002, 09:34 AM
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!! At least this time I did not mess this up, Jackie! (last time I was too dense to see that Jackie, sweet soul that she is had already begun a new thread).:dizzy: Aw what do ya want............I am a mom and my last poor brain cell is maxed out!

Welcome again to Sheila and Gemini! This is going to have to be a quickie post for me, I have to get in the shower and ready for church. Sheila- Misti was right, I am on Weight watchers (well, sort of). Yes it is expensive- but I purchased the diet plan (all the materials that they give you) on ebay for about $40. So I am basically self taught (it is easy to follow) and do not attend meetings. I have a few friends (thanks Jackie!) who answer my dumb questions- and there is even a thread here at 3 fat chicks for WW ladies, who are more than willing to answer questions.
So, I have made it rather cheap for me to follow. I like it because it allows you to eat almost anything- as long as you stay within your points range. Of course, I try to eat as healthy as I can- the WW program is easy to adapt to eating out, snacking.....
Gemini- great that you feel so comfortable to post about yourself and some of your health concerns. Lots of us have or are related to someone with depression (for me I have one relative with clinical depression and a Dh with SAD) so we have all been there in one way or another.
Misti, Spryng and Jackie- thanks for missing me! (really after a tough week, it was so sweet of you to both mention me as a MIA). I missed you too, and it feels good to be back.
My fingers are sore........Last nite as a finale to the season, the parents played Ds's basketball team. I am NOT an athlete- although I was able to keep up very well with the pace of the game because of all my walking/jogging. But- in my big moment of the game I was taking a shot at the basket and the center on Ds's team came down hard on my shot............and my hand. Ah, the joys of a sore thumb! It feels better already, now that I am up for a while. PS, the parents lost!:lol:
It is softball season here.:( For those new posters, Dd (15) plays softball (a lot of it!) and it becomes an obsession for her and Dh. I kind of get lost in the shuffle until the season is over.
We went to a basketball game Friday nite (local HS regionals) and what started out as a fun nite ended up with Dh sitting with Dd's softball coach talking softball. Ok, the pity party for me is over. (I have been having a little bit of one). I am coming up with a means for the rest of us to cope with this and will hopefull get into action with that by the end of the week. I know, I am babbling on and on and not making much sense.
Off to take a shower! Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
03-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey girls!! How is everyone today! Sounds like you got quite a workout Ginny!! Good for you! I haven't exercised in a week or so. I really need to start on it again.
Well, the wedding was beautiful and I didn't eat much at the reception. Not my kind of food. I did have a small piece of cake though even though I vowed to stay away from it. :o But since I saved all my calories for that meal it didn't hurt me any. But it did make me sick last night. So out everything came anyway. Today I am doing good. We went out to lunch at the Outback Steakhouse and I had some pasta and of course the bread :^: but that's all I'm having today so I am fine and in the green. :) I need to get in my water today and I'll call it good. I might have some yogurt later for a late snack, we'll see. But all in all I'm doing ok. I'm retaining water from my oncoming tom. But as soon as that is gone and over with I should see a loss I hope. I have to wait. Boy, waiting is the pits.
Well, I hope everyone else is doing good. I'll check in again later. bye!!

Freckles
03-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Good Afternoon!

Ginny: It's good to see you posting again! Thanks for opening up thread #36. Oh my!, here you've been away for most of the time since #35 was started & then you had to open up #36 because I got a little "long-keyed"! :lol: Speaking of a lack of brain cells: I lost a few over the weekend, but I'm trying to grow them back!:smug: I have to laugh at your quickie post that you left before church yesterday. You can either type 500 words p/minute, or stayed on a little longer than expected! ;) WOW!, what a great job you did @ the basketball court the other day! Good for you,SUPER MOM!! Spryng: Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food @ the wedding. It must be because you are turning into such a vegetarian. The wedding probably had mashed potatoes & gravy, along with beef tips & a very buttery veggie, huh? Am I right? It sounds like you made up for it at the Outback Steak House. Something funny to tell you: I almost posted Outback "Outhouse" instead of "Steakhouse", just like the good old days! :lol: Sorry to hear that it made you sick though. Well, maybe you needed an outhouse after all, huh? ;) Sorry about my strange sense of humor today. It must be due to my crazieness from the end of last week! To you all:] I've been doing pretty well on my exercise for the past week. I'm doing pretty well staying OP today, not like on Saturday. I guess an hour on the bike is enough for me today. I just finished that task up & pedalled 14.5 mi & burned 658 cals in an hours time. Time for me to make lunch for DH & I. I'll check in later!

Freckles
03-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Good Afternoon!

Ginny: It's good to see you posting again! Thanks for opening up thread #36. Oh my!, here you've been away for most of the time since #35 was started & then you had to open up #36 because I got a little "long-keyed"! :lol: Speaking of a lack of brain cells: I lost a few over the weekend, but I'm trying to grow them back!:smug: I have to laugh at your quickie post that you left before church yesterday. You can either type 500 words p/minute, or stayed on a little longer than expected! ;) WOW!, what a great job you did @ the basketball court the other day! Good for you,SUPER MOM!! Spryng: Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food @ the wedding. It must be because you are turning into such a vegetarian. The wedding probably had mashed potatoes & gravy, along with beef tips & a very buttery veggie, huh? Am I right? It sounds like you made up for it at the Outback Steak House. Something funny to tell you: I almost posted Outback "Outhouse" instead of "Steakhouse", just like the good old days! :lol: Sorry to hear that it made you sick though. Well, maybe you needed an outhouse after all, huh? ;) Sorry about my strange sense of humor today. It must be due to my crazieness from the end of last week! To you all:] I've been doing pretty well on my exercise for the past week. I'm doing pretty well staying OP today, not like on Saturday. I guess an hour on the bike is enough for me today. I just finished that task up & pedalled 14.5 mi & burned 658 cals in an hours time. Time for me to make lunch for DH & I. I'll check in later!

gemini
03-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Brain Cells????? :dizzy:

Whatever I've lost in brain cells, I try to replace with caffeine! :D

Hope you all had a good weekend. Jackie, sounds like your pampering day finally turned out well. I can totally relate on the PMS issue. Just be glad you only suffer from bad bouts every few months. It's a regular occurance for me. :devil: And all your peddling on the bike is (almost) inspiring me to exercise more!

Spryng, sorry the wedding food wasn't good. :( It's a bummer when you look forward to something and it just doesn't happen. But, think of all the calories you saved on. :)

Lil, I am up to your St. Patty's Day challenge! I will not put a number on it, though, and will just be grateful for whatever I've lost by then. :)

I managed to survive my weekend. Our work party Saturday night was fantastic!!!! But, I did stay a little too late, as I had to be up for work the next morning. I felt very sick all day yesterday (no, I was not hungover!) The only good part of it was that I barely ate all day. I slept 11 hours last night, and still woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I feel better now, but still no appetite. Of course, that's not a bad thing! I wonder if I have a touch of what the baby had last week. He is better, thankfully, but had lost 4 pounds when I took him to the doc this morning! Poor boober. :(

Hope all is well with everyone. Just want to thank you all again for giving me such a warm welcome. You all seem so nice and supportive!

Lilbitofsunshine
03-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Wooohoo! Jackie I am about to join you on the recumbent bike-athon!:lol: I'm picking mine up tomorrow! Early Mothers Day gift.
Ladies, I'm on day 2 of the Adkin's diet. I know I said it wasn't for me. I did some research and have been getting with Spryng. So it is coming along. I actually like it. I'll keep you posted on the success.
Gemini, glad you had a good time at the party. "boober" that is soooo cute! We call my youngest chili pepper, not near as cute.
Sorry to hear you got sick from the wedding Spryng. Hope you are feeling better.
Jackie, you crack me up. We have an outback outhouse, really! Inside plumbing too. It's so funny.
So glad to see you back Ginny. That is so neat about the ball game. My parents would have never played us. You really are a super mom.
I really have a million things to accomplish rite now. But I will check back later. Hope you all are having a great day!!!!

sheila061968
03-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Thank you ECmom and Freckles for the warm welcome

I was away for the weekend. Well I was home but I spend "family time " on hubbys days off ,no computer on weekends.

Saturday it was gorgeous here almost 70 degrees so we went to the park for a few hours then we did outside yard work for 2 hours.. Food wise I did GREAT stayed @1200 cals I did have one ready made Kahula white russian after i did all my work

Sunday was "catch up" day on the house work the temps dropped to about 40 so it was good to stay in and work.. I did bake 14 blueberry muffins and a batch of peanut butter brownies . My kids consumed the most of it I had 2 muffins and a piece of brownie
Well I need to go back and read all that was written (yup playing "catch up" on thread readings now)
Take Care
Sheila

spryng
03-11-2002, 11:44 PM
Good evening everyone. Sounds like everyone has been busy and in greta moods!! Must mean spring is near!! :) I hope so anyway.
Thanks everyone for your sympathy on the wedding food and me getting sick. And you are right about the food jackie. I think I didn't like it because I'm not into meat anymore. They had tons of turkey and ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and hard rolls, and green beans and corn. Even the cake was not to my tasting. But like someone mentioned it was probably a good thing. I did save on calories that night.
I did ok today. Not as low as I wanted but low enough. I went shopping so I am prepared for the rest of the week. I stocked up on light yogurt. I'm addicted to the banana creme pie one. I eat it for breakfast and sometimes a bed time snack. And at .38 cents a piece you can't beat that!! :D
Congrats Misty on getting the bike. Sound wonderful. I would like to get something like that someday. But right now I need to start my aerobics again. I've been slacking for a while now and I can feel it.
Well, it's getting late and my brain in fried tonight or I'd make this a bit more personal for each one of you, but for now this is all I can manage.
Have you noticed a loss yet Misty?? How's your carbs looking?? Are you feeling more energy yet? Keep us informed ok??
Talk to you girls tomorrow! :cool:

ECmom
03-12-2002, 07:14 AM
Good morning ladies!!!!!!!
Off for another busy day here................and this is one day that I wish I could just curl up in bed and read for a while (TOM). I do not feel all that bad, just sort of droopy and tired.
I did get a 50 minute walk in yesterday which felt so good!
Glad to hear that everyone survived the weekend ok. (Spryng, sorry about that wedding food:( ). Gotta go get my stinky little Dd in the bath!!!
Have a great day.
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine
03-12-2002, 07:39 PM
:lol: I read that 50 mile walk Ginny! My brain is fried too I guess. I was thinking where the heck is she walking to. The it dawned on me:dizzy: 50 minute walk. Good for you hon. I'm glad you are back.
Good to see you too Sheila. I love to bake. I don't much though because it is to tempting for me to cheat my diet. This is "catch up" day for me too. Folding laundry is all I have left.
Spryng, nice to hear from ya. I like that bannana pie yogurt too, the chocolate is to die for. I'm so addicted to chocolate! Good for you staying OP, I'm proud. Good luck getting back on the aerobics. Start out slow girl, remember how bad you hurt from over doing it last time.
As for me, I blew it! I'll have to start over tomorrow. I ate a burger and fries for dinner tonight. I was so close too. It's okay though. I'll have to try harder is all. TOM has me all outa wack too. My water retaining is throwing my scale off. You all know how it goes. Well the bike is great. I haven't had a full work out yet. Just got it today. But tomorrow is a new day! It is a great investment. Since I can't get out and walk.
Well, Nighty Nite! Hope you had a great day!!!!

gemini
03-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Dumb question coming... What does "OP" stand for? I have had another good eating day here. :) And, I convinced hubby to let me buy a recumbent bike as an early birthday gift. :D I just got off of it and it was great! I'm hoping it will fit my needs for exercise when I can't get out to walk. I even bought a couple of 2lb dumbells to work my arms while I'm on it.

Hope you all had a good day. Talk soon :)

ECmom
03-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Well, I survived today!!!!!!!! Almost strangled Dd and Ds (they had the good sense to go to bed before I did) and no, nothing hormonal here, they both deserved it!
Now, Misti, how dare you and Spryng talk about my favorite yogurt flavors!!!!! I usually get Dannon, and really like blackberry pie, banana cream pie and the coconut pie is wonderful too. Almost seems criminal that it is only 100 calories! That is one of favorite standby foods, when I do not know what else to eat, I have a yogurt. That is if the kiddies leave one in the fridge......
Sheila- did you catch up on your housework? (its gonna take me years to catch up on mine!) I love to bake too..........not such a good idea when I am dieting!
Gemini- you feeling better now? I hope so! It is just awful how one nite/ some eating/drinking can really make a mess of oneself!
I really can't drink anymore........I just feel awful the next day if have more than a tiny amount. I also would rather waste my calories on something substantial and healthy..........like chocolate!
Jackie- WTG that you are back on track excercising! The ol' Jackie is back!!!! (and a big welcome to her, too!) Go for it! Don't be impressed at me and the basketball game. I stink..........can't play worth a hill of beans and most likely embarassed Ds. My one shining moment, where I had a breakaway basket and one of the 8th graders (a rather tall one at that) jumped over my lofty 5'5" frame as I was releasing the ball and knocked away my shot!
Aw, you guys knew that...........I remember complaining about the sore thumb............. well it was just such an olympic moment, that I just had to share it again!!!!!:lol:

I did not do too awful with eating, until I got home.:( Then chasing Ds around for his math homework, and Dd just being a vicious crab did me in. I had 2 lemon squares...........but not knowing how to count them, I might still have landed under points.
Enough of my babbling today. Have a great nite!
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny

ECmom
03-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Hey Gemini!!!!!!
We are on at the same time. "OP" stands for (in dietese) "on program"- assuming that one is doing a lifestyle/eating/excercise program. Great about getting a recumbent bike too!!!!!!
And, no question is dumb here............ or stupid..............unless I ask it, of course!
Have a great nite.
G

gemini
03-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, Ginny. :) And yes, I'm feeling much better. Sad part is, I didn't even drink at the party, becuase I had worked 12 hours that day and had to be back at work at 7 the next morn. So I felt like crap for no reason! But I let myself take it easy and got lots of sleep, and am back to normal (whatever that means! :D ) Thanks for asking!

spryng
03-12-2002, 11:18 PM
hey ladies!! Sounds like everyone has had a very interesting day. Mine went pretty well too. My eating has been great today which I'm proud of. I fought with myself all evening because my dh wanted to buy a pizza and I really love pizza and I had already had all of my calories today so I asked him not to tempt me with it because I knew I would cave as soon as I smelled that sweet aroma. So he made himself some sandwiches for dinner instead. It was very sweet of him. So I'm actually ending the day right.
I didn't know they made chocolate yogurt. What brand makes it?? I looked and looked at wal mart the other day when I got mine for any type of chocolate yogurt or light pudding and couldn't find anything. I am a chocolate fanatic too. especially during TOM. Which I am now engaged in. (like it's a vacation to schedule or something huh??) :lol:
Anyway. I'm so jealous of all you who have the bikes now!! :s: ok, not really but it is really making me want one. But I really want a treadmill. I want to run.
Ginny- I had a lemon square tonight too for dessert!! How funny. I made the betty crocker ones and they have 120 calories per slice and a slice is about 2 inches by 2 inches if that helps you any.
Misty don't worry about falling off the plan today. It will take you three more days to get back into ketosis but you can do it! Just remember why you are doing this! I know you can do it girl, you are so close already. This diet will get you there fast. So just think that if you don't cheat anymore you'll be at your goal before you know it and can start maintaining and easing up onthe dieting. It's so worth it!! I'm cheering for you.
Well, I'm about ready to call it a night. If I stay up much longer I may want to snack so off to bed I go!! See you tomorrow!!

gemini
03-13-2002, 11:16 AM
Just a quick "hi" to everyone this morning. :wave: Hope you are all well today. :)

I've already been to the grocery store and spent 20 minutes on my new bike. It's tough getting going, but after the first few minutes, it's not bad. And I feel great afterwards. I'm trying not to over-do it too fast... don't want to get too sore.

Gotta pick up ds from pre-school in a few minutes, then home to do some much-needed cleaning. Spring is almost here... I've got the bug!!!

Have a great day!! ;)

Lilbitofsunshine
03-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Good Morning!!!
Another biker, don't you love it? I had my first real work out on it this morning. I feel great. I did the treadmill while on vacation, and my momma has one. It really isn't for me. I have some back problems (from having large babies:lol:) and the treadmill causes a flare up. But I can run outside with no problems. It makes no sence. So the bike was perfect for me.
Good for you staying OP too Gemini! And like Ginny said, no question is dumb around here. Not even Ginny's.

It is so good to see you all posting again. Hope your Dd and Ds give you alittle break today Ginny. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they showed some compassion? I know dream on Misty:(!

I'm proud of you for staying away from pizza Spryng! I'd scarffed the entire thing down yesterday! I was a sight. Don't know what got into me at all. I think Dannon makes the chocolate yogurt. I'll check next time I'm out. It's not on my diet so I don't buy it anymore. Ooooh lemon squares, I'm so jelous:D. I wonder if that can be made low carb? Good luck starting the exercising again too.

As for me. I'm doing good, today is day one. Again. This is really hard. I'm so addicted to sugar. But it has to be done in order for me to get to my goal. I did the bike for 30 min and had bacon and eggs for breakfast. Also drank 36oz of water. It's about lunch time so I guess I'd better get going. Hope you all are having a great day! Misty

spryng
03-13-2002, 12:24 PM
Good morning everyone!!
It's a beautiful 75 degrees here today! Too bad my yard is such a mud puddle from the rain we just got or I'd take the kids out. We still have no grass outside. So the yard really is a mud puddle.
Anyway, how is everyone doing today?? I'm doing pretty good. Yesterday was such a good eating day for me that I'm inspired to do it again today. I had yogurt for breakfast so far and 4 glasses of water. So so far so good. :)
I know exactly what got into you Misty. The munchies!! :D Your body goes through withdrawels on that diet. Seriously. if you are so used to alot of carbs in a diet and then go to practically none your body goes through withdrawls. So when you do give in and cheat it can easily turn into a huge carb binge. I've been there so many times. When I'm on atkins I CRAVE mac n cheese. And when I give in I could eat as much as three boxes by myself!!! But the good news is your body adjusts. But it takes three to five days and then your hunger pains are gone and most cravings are gone too. That's the best thing about atkins. So give yourself some time and you'll see it working and feel it working. I'm cheering for you!! :joker:
Gemini- good for you for getting in that exercise this morning. That's my problem area right now. I am just not motivated to exercise at all. I was doing good there for a while and seeing results on my abs and arms and such and that was during a 4 week stall. As soon as i started loosing again I my family got the flu and I quit exercising and havn't started again. But I need to. Especially if I want to tone up for summer.
Well, I guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone has a great day and stays OP. That goes for myself too. I'll check in tonight and see how everyones day went!!

gemini
03-13-2002, 01:42 PM
Arrrrgggggghhhhhh... I am having a "hungry" day! I've managed to stay pretty much "OP", but I feel like I am just not getting enough! Why am I so hungry today??? Is it the exercise? I hate this feeling.

I wish I could jump on the light yogurt bandwagon. I love yogurt, but any artificial sweetner gives me headaches. :(

Lil, good luck with Atkins... I'm cheering for you! I'm not a big fan of that diet, but if it gives you what you need, then go for it!

Well, gonna go find some more cleaning to do... as long as it's not in the kitchen!

sheila061968
03-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:
Well I am still not caught up on my housework DD brought down a whole pile of laundry that I dont have a CLUE where it came from..
I been doing some online research and I found out that WW isnt as expensive as I thought it would be.. $30 to join and $10 weekly..The meetings are 3 miles away and they have one on one of DH days off at a good time of day.. So he can watch the kiddos..I think I will check in more on it.. I have a few reservations one being I can never eat half of anything for example half a bagel or just egg whites of an egg.. I am the whole bagel type or whole eggg type.. WW has a great site that has doable workouts for my problem areas (like arms and thighs and butt , then again I have a whole body of problem areas right now..:lol: )
GEMINI: I no how u r on the Spring Bug thing.. I been having a hard time doing all I can get done because DH sleeps in the day time and then by the time he is up and moving it is almost supper time...He works third shift. BUT I am determined to get it done before the REAL nice weather gets here.. NH has been real nice one day then FREEZING the next couple then it warms up to a nice temp just to tease us and FREEZE us the next..I find that getting rather OLD so I want spring NOW
SPRYNG 4 Glasses of water already? YOUR doing GREAT!!! I admit I forget the water thing alot since coffee is always ready in my house.. And I go for the coffee before the water I know "bad habit" :nono:
LILBIT: I had "big babies"too according to my docs But I know I have seen bigger ( mine were only 10.4 and 9.10) I have noticed that since having them my back just isnt like it used to be.. My doc told me it was the way I stand or frm wearing high heels ( funny I dontwear them) that is why it acts up alot..Lets say My doc isnt always right .. I am going to try to see if he can recommend me to a back doc to see if maybe they know some back strengthing exercises
ECMOM Hope all is going good for you today . Funny thing about me I thought for sure I would end up eating all I baked as it came out of the oven but I really didnt want any..
Wat I think is funny about me is I can forget to eat all day long untill dinnertime and not feel a pang of hunger. Now you would think instead of being big I would be bony .. My dinners arent that big and fatty they are normal dinners .. I dont snack that often either.. That is why I think I need to get on a program.. I used to be a huge eater about 7-8 years ago.. But I have never been at a "normal" weight I have always been above normal..I have talked to a dietician and according to her my body stores whatever I eat to keep it sustained, she also informed me that if I start eating 3 meals a day and 2 light snacks my body will get energy to start burning off what fats are stored.. DONT Ask me why I just rambled all that I have a tendency to let my fingers talk for me..
Well all I will end here and check up with yall later Take Care
Sheila

spryng
03-13-2002, 03:38 PM
gemini- if you are feeling hungary don't avoid it! You will just feel hungrier and then eat something off plan. So drink a big glass of water or even two and wait 15 minutes. if you still feel hungary eat something high in fiber. Fiber is very filling and is a great weight loss factor. So have a small bowl of bran flakes or oatmill. (malto meal is very very filling) But start with the water. water is a natural filler. But don't feel bad. You could feel more hungary for lots of reasons, increase in exercise, oncoming TOM. etc. Just prepare yourself by having healthy snack s around the house and drink that water. It really does help!! :D
Sheila- WW works for lotts of people. And I've heard with their points system now you can eat alot of your favorite foods still so if you can afford it then give it a try! :) It never hurts to try something. Another diet that works well for ones with sluggish metabolisms is Atkins. Have you ever tried it?? It does more than get the weight off, it also controls your body's insulin and really helps you pin point your downfalls and cravings. The best thing about atkins is that while on it you have no hunger pains or cravings and eat only until satisfied. I lost most of my weight on it. I started at 162 and lost 20 lbs within a month. So it works and if you like meat, eggs, and cheese then it's an ideal diet for you!! :p I'm a pasta person myself.
Oh, speaking of pasta. I know now why I stalled for so long. I think it was either jackie or ginny that told me to lighten up on all the pasta I was eating because it could cause a stall and you are right. I got my redbook magazine today and they said that pasta even if it's low cal is good sometimes but if you eat it alot can cause a gain or a stall because as soon as it hits your blood stream it converts into sugar and then into fat!! And I was eating it everyday so that's what stalled me out. It was very informative. I think I would like to buy some fish now. It seems fish is not only low cal but a diet booster. I need a boost. :smug:
Well, I was just checking in. I hope everyone is staying OP so far!! I had two low cal sandwiches for lunch again (115 cals each) so I'm still doing good and I'm about to drink another glass of water. We can do this girls!!! :spin: four more days until st. patty's day challenge is over!! We can do it!

ECmom
03-13-2002, 10:14 PM
Good evening!
Well, this thread has been busy! Great to see all the posts.
Spryng~ I hope that your day ended up as well as it sounded!
Your will power is so strong and you have been doing so well. Resisting pizza and all that................
Misti~ good for you on that workout! Doesn't it feel great! And great job with all that water. It is so important.
Sheila~ naw, you do not ramble here!!!!!!! That honor is reserved for Jackie and me! (sorry for putting you all thru another Jackie jab- it's just that we have been at it with each other for over a year now :dizzy: ) Well,we are all entitled to rambling a bit, right? Most Dh's do not want to hear the kind of daily details that area posted here, or the little grumbles and this is a safe place to do so! Post on, I enjoy reading your posts! WW is a great program- have you decided to join? An aquaintance in town lost 50+ pounds recently on it- and she looks and feels great. Nice too because it is so universal now- and all the materials are out there to translate WW to real life eating (unlike something like Jenny Craig where you have to eat their food), that it makes it very liveable. Good luck!
Gemini~ how are you feeling now after using the new bike? Good that you did not start off with too much time on it. Build up slowly, like it sounds as though you are. Hey, I need some help here cleaning! When you are done at your house.................

Just when I thought that maybe today would be sane, it got insane. I did a lot of driving between 2pm and 7pm- Dd to piano, then to Ds's school (stayed after for xtra help in math) then take Ds home then on to Dd's school (50 minute drive) to pick her up from softball practice. So stupid me, I got home and after having a pretty good day, totally blew it after dinner. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So as soon as I get off of the computer I am going for a walk to try to burn off some of the dammage that I inflicted upon myself.
I already did 30 minutes of step today, so the walk is a bonus.
(now why did I do this to myself?)
I did weigh myself this am..........152 3/4 (lost 3/4 #). This is going slowly. But with days like today I will not lose a thing!

This weekend will be interesting......... Ds turns 13 on Sunday and is having 5 of his buddies over Friday nite for a sleep over.
So, I had better get this house straightened up- the calm before the storm, I guess. And I think that Dd is having a friend sleep over too (it will keep her placated and leave her brother and his friends alone). Anyone want some live entertainment Friday nite?
My house will surely be interesting if it all pans out the way it looks now..................lots and lots of kids...............:eek:
On that happy note, I am going to sign off.
Have a great nite and see ya tomorrow!
Ginny

Freckles
03-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Good Evening,Ladies!

Just a few lines here for me. Wow! I'm impressed with all the posting here! Glad to see that a few of you got new exercise bikes. I love mine & am on it right now while I'm posting here. I've just about got my hour in for the day & so far have burned 795 cals & have put on 13.4 miles, with 4 min. to go! I was debating if I should pedal tonite, but now that I'm almost finished, I'm glad I did! I skipped yesterday due to an extremely busy & tiring day! DS is now home with a 102.4 d. temp & extremely worre out. I sure hope that I don't get it back again! I bought a new vacuum cleaner & plan on conquering those dust mites hiding in the carpet! I've tried just about everything else to try & get this sickness out of the house, so I hope this does the trick. I have also opened up windows in isolated areas in the house to try & freshen up the air. Well, my 4 min. is up & I'm going to bed. Nighty Night! It sure takes me a long time to type while 'pedlin, but I got the job done for the day & will try & post more personal tomorrow. :yawn:

gemini
03-14-2002, 09:32 AM
G'mornin' ladies! I'm feeling extra chipper today.:D I did my weekly weigh-in last night (I work every Weds and use the scale there... I refuse to keep a scale in the house). I am down another 2lbs, bringing my total to 9lbs so far! Yippee!:D But, what I'm just as excited about is the fact that I managed not to eat any junk at work. I brought a light dinner of low-fat cheese and crackers and lots of fruit, and I stuck to it! Hooray for small accomplishments! I am going to shoot for one more pound lost by St. Patty's Day, to make it an even 10lbs. But I am thrilled with my progress so far (it's been 3 weeks).

BTW, I did slightly give in to the hungry-horrors :devil: that I was feeling yesterday afternoon. I'm just beginning my PMS cycle, and was desperately craving chocolate. Did you know that a 1oz square of semi-sweet chocolate is only 70cal and 4.5g fat? Much better than the girl scout cookies I was eyeing (160cal and 9g fat). I don't feel bad about caving... just happy I chose somewhat wisely. ;)

Jackie, sorry ds was sick. :( I hope he's feeling better today. Good for you for getting on the bike anyway. Getting started is always hard for me... once I'm there I'm fine.

Ginny, good luck with the sleepover this weekend... better you than me!!!! :dizzy:

Well, off to buy a baby gate for the deck, then home for yardwork. It's going to be 60's here today... woooo hoooo! Have a great one, gang! :wave:

Lilbitofsunshine
03-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Wahoo! Yippeekiyay! Congrats on the 2# loss Gemini! Good for you staying OP too!
Good to hear from you Jackie, how's Ds's temp? The bike is so great. I'm glad I listened to you. Thanks for the inspiration to get one. Wow to by the way 13.4 miles.
Ginny, I'd love some entertainment Friday night! JK! I have enough around here:lol:. Good luck to you. I really don't know how you do it. When you gonna let me in on your secret?
Sheila the water is soooo important. 8 oz really isn't that much either. I have a glass that sits by the sink that holds 8oz exactly. Everytime (almost) I pass by I fill 'er up and gussel. Congrat's on not eating everthing you baked too. I would have. My will power just isn't that strong.
Spryng, I find myself educated again. Thank you! I didn't know that about the pasta. How's the fiber increasing going? Have you noticed any difference?
I'm doing good. Day 2! I did the bike this mornin for 30 minutes. I'll do another 30 this evening. I had the eggs for breakfast. Then 36 oz of water. I have to go out today and do some shopping. This is when I blow it. Fast food, ya know? I really have to be strong. Last night was great. I had no problem staying OP. Keep pullin for me girls. If I can make it through these cravings I can do it! It's going to be in the 70's today! Yah! Well I have to get started! Have a good OP day!

spryng
03-14-2002, 11:21 AM
hello everyone!! Wow, this thread is hopping again. It's so great to see everyone checking in daily :)
I'm sorry to inform you I crashed and burned last night. I'm so upset with myself that I don't even want to get into it. But I ruined it for yesterday. Today is going to be different though. I'm going to get my exercise in and more water (I did get in 10 glasses yesterday) and less food. Bad food anyway. I hope I didn't gain anything. But I don't think I'll make the challenge. It's only three days away and it will take me that long just to flush this out of my system. And I was doing so good... :cry: But enough of that --- now on to today. I can't change yesterday but I can sure do something about today, right???
Gemini! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!!! 2 lbs is a great thing. You are going to make it!!
I've been thinking about the bike lately. Where did you girls buy yours and about how much were they??? And what is better, a bike or treadmill, which works more muscle??
Sorry to hear about your ds jackie. I hope you don't get sick again. Start taking that vit C and you'll ward it off in time. It really works. really.
Ginny- wow. You are a brave woman. Two sleep overs on the same night. I remember those days growing up. Sleepovers were so much fun! I'm sure your kids will be glad you let them plus they will leave you alone more while their friends are around. :) So an added benefit to you!! You deserve a break. You are constantly on the go.
Me? I just stay home all day...everday. We only have one car so when DH is at work I'm home. But I don't mind. I love being home. We've only lived here for 6 months so it's still new to me and I love it. Plus it's starting to warm up here and the yard is getting a bit drier. I should go out and spread some grass seed today to get a lawn going for summer. I've been told several ways to do it. One is to spread is on reagular ground (not tilled or anything) and then cover it in hay or top soil. Does that work?? We don't have a tiller so we can't till up the yard to plant it right. And we really need some grass. Any info would be appreciated.
Well, I guess I'm off here for a while. I'm going to get some water down and a small breakfast. I'll check in again at nap time!!

Freckles
03-14-2002, 02:40 PM
Good Afternoon!

I don't have much time to post & I'm still trying to figure out where all the time went today. DS is still running a fever of 102.4 d. I haven't heard from the clinic yet if his 48 hr. culture is pos. or neg. I went grocery shopping this a.m. & bought a bunch of appealing food for ds. He was hardly eating or drinking anything, so I bought some sherbet, popsicles, Jell-0, soup,Spaghettio's, etc. I also bought him some different kind of vitamins. I've been trying to get him to take vitamins for years. I'm going to look into a liquid-form & hopefully can sneak it into his beverage. I got brave & hopped on the scale yesterday & again today & was down l.5# since yesterday. It c/b water weight that is fluctuating, but I'm crossing my fingers that it is fat that I have burned!:D I just finished my 'pedlin for the day & burned 709 cals., so this should help me. I sure hope that I make the St. Pat's challenge! Ginny: It's hard to believe that a year has passed already since the last Birthday sleepover. Where does the time go? Spryng:Don't be discouraged with your bad food choices yesterday. It sometimes takes 7 days to show up & that w/b after St. Patrick's Day. The foods that show up right away the next day is high-sodium items or something high in fiber that is binding you up. At least thru my experience this has been true. The kind of bike that I have is a Pro-Form Crosstrainer 970. I'm not exactly sure on how much it was. I looked at it & then DH bought it for me for a gift. I also have a Weslo-Cadence 840 treadmill that I used to love,but now I have heal problems & find that the bike is less aggrivating to it. I think that I read somewhere that the treadmill actually uses more muscles & burns more cals. I could be wrong & all I can tell you is that no matter if I used the treadmill or the bike, I usually put in an hour on one of them & had the same weightloss results, along with a sensible eating plan. FYI: Your question about your lawn: If your soil has a lot of puddles in it, I'd wait to plant the seed. We have 1.5 acres that we seeded ourselves & it took several years before it actually looked like a golf course. We have a very rocky/gravel base & our drainage is good, so this may be why it took so long. My husband is really into manicuring his lawn & he has always used straw over the top, but you have to keep it somewhat moist. You can also rent some kind of device that blows some kind of matty stuff over the top of the seed, which will hold it in place. Lilbitofsunshine: Congrats on the 2# loss! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your bike.
Oh my! Something happened to everyone's posts & I can't go back to refer to them. I guess I will sign off for now & try & retrieve the posts later. TTFN!!

spryng
03-14-2002, 11:31 PM
Good evening ladies! I'm glad to say that I'm back on track today. I ended at 940 calories. But I feel good about it. Now I am sitting here breathing in the fumes of my hair color creme that is sitting a top my head right this moment. I'm taking the plunge and going back to a more natural color for me. Light brown. I have been blonde for several months and I loved it and everyone else did too but it's a hassle to keep up with. My hair is naturally dark brown and as soon as my roots start growing out it's very noticable and my hair is getting so long that I have to buy two boxes of bleach to lighten it and two boxes of blonde to put on it and that costs money. So now I'm going to a light brown and one box covered my hair. (darker colors always do) I'm excited to see what it looks like in a few minutes!! :) But we are going to an assembly saturday and sunday so I wanted to go for a new look.
Anyway, like you guys really wanted to know all that...sorry... just sitting here going on and on...
I hope everyone's day went well. I got a sunburn!! Can you believe it! I took the kids outside for a couple of hours today since it was so beautiful and I burned! But I'm actualy happy about it. I always burn one time each year and then I begin to tan after that and this burn will be a tan by tomorrow so now I'll have a tan to go with my new "do" for the assembly! Couldn't ask for more. I was feeling pretty low this morning because of feeling guilty about over eating last night but that is long gone. I did good on my eating today and now I'm pampering myself tonight and fixing to take a long hot shower and hit the sack. So it's been a pretty terrific day after all! I'll see you girls tomorrow!

gemini
03-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Wow Spryng, a sunburn? :o It'll be at least May before we northerners get anything like that! Glad you are back on track, too. :)

Now, about your grass... I have always had luck with just using a regular garden rake to loosen the soil where I want to seed. Then I use a spreader to scatter the seed (they are cheap) and make sure you water well, and keep it watered. Also, if the aread your seeding doesn't get at least 6-8 hours of sunlight/day, you need a shade-tolerant seed. I'm not expert, of course... that's just how I've had luck. :)

It's been a crazy, busy day here. I am taking a quick break to finally sit down for some lunch. Tonight we are going to an early St. Patty's Day party. I am bringing most of my own food so that I will not be tempted by corned beef and creamy potato soup. Besides, I'm cooking our own corned beef on Sunday and will splurge a bit then. :)

Work, work, work again this weekend. I'm hoping to stay OP both days, and have my food all planned out. Have a great weekend, ladies. See ya Monday! :wave:

spryng
03-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Good afternoon all!
Thanks gemini for the tips on my grass. Or I should say "future grass" seeing how it isn't even planted yet. :) I never thought about using a rake. We could definitely go that route. Do you have to cover it up when you are done??
Right now it's pouring down rain. No sunshine today. My burn is lightening up but still smarts on my chest. I was the only one who got burned. Nobody else did. Strange huh? :?: But that's ok. As long as I am not bright red tomorrow I'll be fine.
I'm doing ok today. Really craving some fast food but seeing how I have no car and am stuck at home I won't get any so I'm not worried about blowing my diet on it. :) I had left over pasta this morning for breakfast and am now about to have a healthy choice meal for lunch. (I'm feeling a little lazy in the cooking department today for some reason) But I do plan on having a healthy dinner too. I'm marinading some chicken breasts in a roasted garlic marinade and then baking them and having some potatoes or rice, I haven't decided yet on the side and of course a good helping of vegatbles. But then again... I may not cook at all and have a sandwich or something. I just feel tired today.
My weekend will be full too. We have a two day assembly to attend this weekend. So we leave early in the morning and get home late at night. But we always look forward to them. We are taking our lunch so I know I will eat right for breakfast and lunch these next couple of days. But we usually eat out for dinner so I'm hoping that I make wise choices. But I'll try to post if we happen to get home at a decent hour.
How is everyone else's day going?

Lilbitofsunshine
03-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Just a quick check in here. How is everyone doing? It's pouring the rain here. Hope everyone is geat and staying OP. Happy St Patty's day! I'll be back with you girls on Monday.
Misty

Freckles
03-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

:s: Watch out for all that green beer, Bailey's Irish Cream, cheesecake & corned beef, it really puts on the pounds! I'm going to make corned beef & cabbage tomorrow & will skip the remainder of the above. I've been pretty good staying OP & rode my bike just about everyday for 60 min. or more. I sometimes forget that I'm 'peddlin when I'm surfing the web!

Well, dd is really bored & wants my attention, so I better close for now. Again, have a Happy St. Patrick's Day & enjoy the rest of your weekend. Tomorrow is the day that we reveal how we did with the challenge! I just might make it!!
One more question: What holiday/date should we use for our next challenge? Easter is too close & I'm not sure if you all want a long....challenge set for Memorial Day. Let's decide, okay? Erin Go Brah! (sp?)

wnt2bthinner
03-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Jakie sorry it's taking me so long to reply to your message.I'm still
learning how this website works.I'm not very good on a computer.
Anyways about how girls look in Wyoming everybody I see seems
to be average size between maybey 9 thru 14 in size. I just started my diet 9 days ago todayWhen I started I weighed 182 now i'm down to 170:D very exicited about that because exercising and eating healthy is very challenging for me as I know
it is for everybody.I've been corrosponding with 3fatchicks post
that's why I have'nt wrote you back.Iget kinda lost sometimes of
were to go on this website as far as checking my mail and finding
people who reply's to me.Any how I'm going to Arozonia next saturday and I want to lose ten more pounds so if anyone has any secrets please tell me.We can all use different ideal on losing
weight.:s: i'm glad I found this website it's been really great as far
as support with weightloss goes.Well I guess that's all for now
keep me posted I love to hear from anyone and willing to listen
and give advice if I can.Have a great weekend. ;) ;)

Freckles
03-17-2002, 07:49 AM
Hi Angel! :angel:

Welcome, and I'm glad that you found our thread! I was wondering what happened to you! I replied to your private message that you sent me, but had no other way to contact you to see if you received it! Congratulations on your 12# loss! Doesn't it feel good to see such an accompishment? Thanks for your answer to my question about the size of women in Wyoming. I feel relieved!! To the rest of you: A few years ago I went to California for vacation & returning home, our plane made a stop @ Phoenix, AZ airport.
While there, a guy came up to me & asked me if I was from Wyoming. I said no & he then replied, Oh!, you look like you're from Wyoming! All this time I was wondering what he meant by this comment. He approached me while I was @ the food court & I had a large piece of carrot cake on my tray & thought that by what I selected, he didn't view me as a "small" person. I'm relieved to know now, that the size of women in WY are about average & that I was in the "average" category. Well, I have to get ready for church, so I'll close for now. Angel: Feel free to stop again @ our thread, you'll feel right at home with these gals!

Freckles
03-17-2002, 12:48 PM
Well, I didn't make it to my St. Patrick's day challenged goal. Matter of factly, I gained 2.5# since yesterday! It c/b due to TOM, popcorn/pizza or...hopefully from muscle building up under my fat layer! Gotta get going now! TTFN

Lilbitofsunshine
03-17-2002, 10:33 PM
A bit early. It was a nice weekend. We were busy. I teach Sunday school for the toddlers and we were putting togther a little play about Spring. Tonight was the last night. They were all adorable. I have some really great kids.
I did 15 miles on the bike tonight. It was great. I hope to do 20 tomrrow. I haven't been staying OP. I'm going to go back to low cal I think. Low Carbs is killing me. I really gave it my best girls. Hope you don't think less of me. I grow a garden and enjoy eating what I grow. I love fruits and vegis. I guess I will have to buck up and just cut the calories hard and work out even harder.
Jackie you sound great. Keep up the good work and don't let the gain get you down. I always gain 5# during TOM. Keep peddling! I'm up for Memorial day. what kind of mark should we put on it? Everyone pick their own?
Spryng, how was the seminar? How did your hair come out? I've always wanted to dye mine.
Welcome wnt2bthinner make yourself at home. This is a wonderful bunch of gals.
Where's Ginny? Did the sleep over do her in?
Sheila and gemini how did you do with the challenge?
I'll post my results tomorrow.
Nighty Nite Gals!

gemini
03-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey girls...

Just a few quick words before I'm off to peddle pounds away. :)
I'm happy to report that I beat my St. Patty's Day challenge goal by losing an additional 2lbs, bringing my overall total to 11lbs. :D

A Memorial Day challenge sounds good to me. That is almost 2 months away, so I will have to think long and hard to come up with a goal.

Hope everyone is well. I will write more later. Now off to get the babe in for a nap so I can pedlle before picking ds up from school.

Talk soon... :wave:

spryng
03-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post all weekend long. The assembly wiped me out pretty good. We'd get home and I'd play with the kids and then send them to bed so that I could crash too. I really enjoyed it but am equally glad it's over, you know? The first day the kids gave a us a run for our money. It's just so hard for 1 and 2 year olds to sit for 6 hours. So we got up alot to walk them around and let them stretch their legs. Yesterday my dd (the 2 year old) did fantastic. She didn't have to get up once. I did get her up once because she was being so good to reward her with a walk (plus my butt was hurting from sitting so long) my son on the other hand was awful. He didn't want to sit for 5 minutes. My dh did ALOT of walking with him. But after lunch I put him to sleep and we enjoyed the rest of the assembly with him alseep in my arms. So all in all in was hard but enjoyable. We have another in May. A three day convention. That should be challenging.
OK, enough about that. I'm trying to avoid the question of how I did for the challenge. Well, I didn't make it. I weighed in this morning and it said 136. A four lb gain!! I know some of it's water because I ate alot of food with tons of sodium in them this weekend. But still. To me a gain is a gain. And I'm not happy about it but then again I'm not beating myself up about it. I wore a size 6 dress to the assembly that fit perfectly and that was all that mattered. But today I will try to eat things that will help flush my system out and I'm sure I'll see the scale move down tomorrow. But I didn't make the challenge. But I am definitely up for the next one. I'm ready to get these last few lbs off!! :) So give me a date girls and I'm ready.
Misty- don't worry about low carb not working for you. It's a great diet as far as losing fast but hard to stay on. Not realistic when you love fruit and vegtables so much. For me the pasta always did me under. :) Just try low cal again and I'm sure you'll be fine. It worked great for you before.
Congrats Gemini on the 11 lb loss! That's very encouraging for me to hear. Keep up the good work!!
Oh, misty, my hair came out great! I just love it!! It was darker than I expected (the color is golden light brown) it's that new loreal Open brand. But the color is so pretty. I got lots of compliments. My dh really likes it. It's more of my natural color anyway and I like that I don't have to bleach my hair out first to get the result. Just one box and I'm done. It's really pretty. I'm going to stick with this for awhile. You've never dyed your hair?? That suprises me. I thought every woman has at least once. I don't know many people with thier natural color anymore unless they are kids. :) That is so neat. What is your hair color??
Jackie, don't feel bad about your gain. I'm right here with you. We'll take it off together ok?? :)
Well, I need to eat breakfast. I'll check in later! Have a great day everyone!!

sheila061968
03-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi Everyone
This weekend is now over thank god!!!! My DD had her Bday party I had to buy a 1/4 sheet cake and only 2 of her invited friends showed.. I admit I did awfu this time .. I had a toothache due to a filling loss so I have been taking Tylenol3 to dull the pain then I took a look in the mirror and it threw me for loop.. I ended up eating 4 peices of cake over the weekend (It is all gone now so it wont be there anymore)
Spryng I have colored my hair ONCE only because I had a hairdresser do it.. My hair is past my behind so I cant do it by myself.. I wish I could since due to my Native American ansestry I have been dealing with grey hair since I was 16 I am now about 60% grey and I am only 33 (will be 34 in June) I will have to give it a try but I forgot what my natural color looks like its been sooo long since I have seen more dark brown then grey..I might just try mahogany since I do remember some auburnish reddish in my hair once.. LOL
Due to not having a scale at this time ( my has been destroyed) I can not tell what I did .. I hope I didnt gain due to my stupity this weekend
Easter is too close for me to try to do a challenge.. Memorial Day does sound good to me though..
WELCOME WNT2BTHINNER :wave: You will get the hang of this site in no time..It is great here..
Well I am going to get some stuff done ( food shopping) maybe I will feel better about stuff once I get out of the house a bit
Take Care
Sheila

wnt2bthinner
03-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey girls,I feel lazy today it's taken me all day just to do the basic cleaning and pack alittle for my trip.Were leaving either Friday night or early Saturday morning.I'm not sure if I told you girls here but i'm going to Arozonia to see my dad which is o.k.(long story about that)but I am very excited about seeing my sisters.
Which I have'nt seen in about 3 years.I did poorly on my diet last
night.I'm trying not to eat after 7pm but my husband was gone all weekend to guard and we stayed up last night and played monopoly.So of coarse I had to eat because that's a never ending
game (by the way I won)but lost in the eating area.:mad:.Well
maybey i'll feel better tomorrow and I can get back on track well good luck to everybody and thanks for the welcome:D .
ANGEL:angel:

ECmom
03-18-2002, 11:31 PM
Pfewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Well, I survived a weekend with 6 12/13 year old boys. Actually it was 24 hours. But my one lone brain cell..........it is having a tough time huffing and puffing all by itself!!!!!
And on that happy note, I will start up thread # 37. See ya there!!!!!!!!
And Welcome Angel!
Ginny