Old 05-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Big Big Big Motivation!!

So I've been thinking about going to see my family in December. And just picturing myself THINNER than they have ever seen me when they first see me at the airport! Hehehe... Well, that's just been a "dream" because they are in Korea...and it costs about $1,500 per person...and it will be me and my DD. So although I've been thinking about it over and over in my head, I had no idea how I will actually get myself to do that.
Then I was talking to my brother and told him how my DD said "I like uncle" "I wanna go see uncle" and how I tell her we may go see him in Christmas... Well, he told my parents about it and they decided to pay for half of the trip! So I looked and looked and actually realized that although I would use less vacation time at work if I went over the Christmas time, the airline was wayyyy cheaper if I went in October. It was actually less than $1,000 per person if I went in October! That's $1,000 saving for two people! So I bought the ticket yesterday.

I now have exactly 5 months left till I'm in Korea, not 7.5 months like in my dream! And they have NOT seen me since I left Korea which was over 4 years ago. This is like huge motivation for me to keep up at being healthy and losing weight! =)

Do you ladies (and gentleman) have any big motivation? =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

surely going to see your family is big motivation in itself....
i mean 5 months time you could be tens of tens of pounds down!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/138/115

Height: 5'2"

You can do it! =D And the satisfaction will be more than worth it.

I have similar motivations, except that I see my family (on my mom's side) about twice a year, so I see them more frequently. But I always love going up there to NC to see them and have them say things like, "Man, you're really looking good! You've slimmed down!" Just yesterday, my Aunt and Uncle came for a visit, and my Aunt complimented me on how much weight I've lost (In the past year I've lost 25 pounds) and I have received similar compliments from the rest of my family, as well as some of my friends at school.

Another major motivation is NJROTC. Yesterday at the awards banquet, I found out that I was made the cadet supply officer for our company next year, which means I am in charge of keeping track of our uniform inventory and etc. This also means that I'll be getting new uniform pieces--i.e. , a combination cap and etc., as I am now an officer.
So this has led me to make new goals other than ones specifically pointing towards what the scale reads. My goal is to actually look good in my uniform and to feel comfortable wearing a skirt if I so choose to wear one. I want to be able to walk in at the beginning of the year and trade in my already too-big pair of pants for a smaller pair! I see so many other girls in the program who look GREAT in their uniform, and while I do pride myself in having a good-looking uniform, I can't exactly say the same of how I look in it. xD;
So yeah. That's my goal--to look great in my uniform and not feel so self-conscious about wearing it.
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #4  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

my big goal... well short term.. in 6 wks i go on holliday to egypt... and other than that by october i wanna see a big difference as i will go back to uni!

but essentially by christmas i wanna be at goal at the latest. i dont want another fat one!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #5  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 195/See ticker/125

My biggest motivation boost happened last year when I was about to turn 30 and I was weighing at an all time high of 195. I told myself that I never wanted to see 200 on my scale and that I didnt want the next decenny to be similar to my last one. So I gave myself one year to learn how to relate to food in a healthy way.

Its not an easy journey but my motivation is that I want to be proud of myself on July 21 when I turn 31. I'll still have pounds to lose but I'll be well on my way to achieve my goal.
Sunnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

My motivation is that my BF and I are going to Florida together this July. He has a conference and I'm just going along for the enjoyment of it, but I'll be wearing sundresses and bathing suits and I'll be meeting some of his colleagues and friends from the lab in Australia where he got his PhD, so I want to make a good impression.

I'm also competing with my mom and sister for who can get closest to her goal by December 31st. I think my sister is winning, but then, she didn't have as far to go. If we all get close to our goals, my mom is going to pay for the three of us to do something fun, like go to the beach together for a few days, or something.

I suppose the biggest motivation, though, is that I'll probably be getting married in July of 2009, so I'd like to get down to my natural healthy weight instead of being all gross and fat. My man deserves that.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My big motivation is the Home School Alumni Reunion that I'm going to the beginning of August. HSA is an internet group of home school graduates who interact and socialize online, and this will be the first time I've actually met any of them in person. While I'm sure that they wouldn't judge me based on my physical appearance, I certainly don't want their first impression of me to be that I'm fat and out of shape.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #8  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Yeah I find events to motivate me to lose weight too. Like, my friends 21st bd is in august and we're planning on heading to vegas
also, i start my senior year in college in October, so that's a big motivator too
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #9  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

My modivation orignally was to be down lower for my wedding but since that is not going to happen, I want be be down about 15 pounds by July 4th when we go to our cabin so i can hike more and feel better all around..

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/192/140

My biggest motivation is definitely my wedding, which is over a year away! If I can't meet goal by then, I will consider myself pretty pathetic lol
kpren514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #11  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hubby and I just booked a trip to Nuevo Vallarta for our anniversary, so that is my huge motivator!! I want to be able to wear cute, fun summery dresses and halter tops and be comfortable and not feel like the fattest person on the beach! We leave August 31, so that gives me 3.5 months to make some serious changes! I'm hoping to lose 30ish lbs by then.
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #12  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunback View Post
Hubby and I just booked a trip to Nuevo Vallarta for our anniversary, so that is my huge motivator!! I want to be able to wear cute, fun summery dresses and halter tops and be comfortable and not feel like the fattest person on the beach! We leave August 31, so that gives me 3.5 months to make some serious changes! I'm hoping to lose 30ish lbs by then.
My sister went to Nuevo Vallarta for her honeymoon and the pics were GORGEOUS.. HAVE FUN!

My big motivation is when my exhubs comes home from the sandbox for R&R and I want to look HELLA good and that is in Oct. also! I don't know why.. I guess because he is still part of the family.. odd I know, but I wanna just be like umm sorry.. DOUSCHEBAG..
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #13  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i have a couple of motivations lol
my sorority sisters wedding is oct 18 and i want to be at goal by the time i travel to that wedding.

i also have a guy that ive been in touch with since 2004 and i want him to see me slim and toned. even though i know he doesnt have any issues with my body i want him to see that i do take care of myself cause im hoping he will end up being my LAST first kiss lol.

and... i am FINALLY graduating from college May 2009 and I better be at goal by then lol
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #14  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephyFowl View Post
My sister went to Nuevo Vallarta for her honeymoon and the pics were GORGEOUS.. HAVE FUN!

My big motivation is when my exhubs comes home from the sandbox for R&R and I want to look HELLA good and that is in Oct. also! I don't know why.. I guess because he is still part of the family.. odd I know, but I wanna just be like umm sorry.. DOUSCHEBAG..
LOL
I hear ya about showing to the exhub. Although my ex hub's not the big motivation, it would be nice to see him going when he sees me.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote