Old 05-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking At Home Support Group...5/11 to 5/17

Hi Girls!

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words last week.

I weighed in this morning and I was up 1.5 lb from last week, but I ate terribly on Friday and I'm still seeing some short term effects of that. On Friday, before the funeral and post-funeral binge I was down 1 lb for the week. I'm hoping to be back there tomorrow for my Biggest Loser weigh in at work.

Welcome to all the new chicks! I was quite distracted last week and lost two really long posts in which I welcomed you all individually. I hope that you are all doing well so far!

On a side note, I saw so many people this week that I haven't seen in ages and I kept hearing, "wow, you look great" and, from my cousin that I've always seen as gorgeous and everything I wish I was, "Look at you, va-va-va-voom!". Needless to say, it was an ego boost and a motivator. The last time I saw most of those people was when my Grandpa died in 2002 and I was a size 22. I'm a 12 these days and now I want to be about an 8 before I see any of them again!

Happy Mother's Day to all of our Mommy chicks! I baked a Diet Coke Cake to take to my mom's house this afternoon - - I hope it turned out ok. I used one of the "Ultimate Dessert" cakes (Chocolate Carmel) and it's half the size of a regular cake so I used half a can of Coke Zero in it. It's 4 POINTS a piece if I cut it into 9 pieces. This could be great and it could be a disaster, like most of my cooking experiments.

Have a great day everyone, I'm sure I'll be in and out all week as life returns to normal!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Hugs & Happy Mother's Day my dear friends!!!!

~jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Mother's day or late mother's day if you are reading in the morning.

Tomorrow I weigh in. The other day I peeked at it was down 2 lbs with my jeans on so interested to see what it comes up with in the morning. Any loss will be great. Next week I'm trying harder with the points tracking and exercise. My brother has court in the morning so I can't rush off to the gym. I'll come up with some way to get my exercise in. If I do weigh in down 2 lbs in the morning still it will be 15 total loss so far and I don't want to gain that back. No way, my points are getting counted and I'm staying on plan. I want to keep this weight coming off.

Mom2,
22 to 12 is great. I can't wait to be a 12. It must be great to have family noticing and commenting. How did the cake come out?
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #4  

Hi Jeanne! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day too!

Lissa - - Good luck at your weigh-in! The cake was wonderful, my Dad and brother (who usually aren't big on "diet" food) even liked it. I was suprised at how good it was. Hope that you had a Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #5  

Yahy! down 2 lbs for the official weigh in. WOOHOO!!! Brings me to 15 lbs total down.

Mom2,
Thanks I had a pretty good mother's day. Since they talked about it on tv my 4 1/2 year old knew and gave me a hug too sweet. I was looking at the ads and had Best Buy and said I want that and pointed at a laptop she said ok I'll get it. I was messing with her and said how do you plan to pay for it she said oh no I'm going to make it. LOL too sweet.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #6  

Awesome weigh-in Lissa!

Hope that everyone is having a good week!

I got back at it yesterday, stayed right on track and hoping for a big loss this week!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #7  

I stayed on plan and in calorie and points range. I did 30 minutes of Tae Bo for a change from my usual Treadmill or Walk Away the Pounds. It was fun and I sure felt it through out the rest of the day.

Today is going good I'm tracking points but I need to get to my exercise soon. Tonight is pilates night but I want to do some cardio too. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym in the morning to do Treadmill for my C25K training not jogging yet but I'm working on getting my walking pace up and hope the endurance I gain with it I will be able to start jogging soon. I want to get to a 15/min mile pace before I try jogging again.

Mom2,
The weigh in was just one of the great things. I did measurements and was down about 6-7 in waist and 4 I think it was on my hips. All good news. keep at it you will have a great week.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 05-13-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/163.0/150

Height: 5'9

sorry ladies havn't checked in for a while. I need to get back on the wagon. Seems like all self control went out the window. Posting here and getting my ticker WILL help motivate me
jean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #9  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Morning all...

I'm doing my WI for the week, I'm staying steady. I've been cheating a little every day and eating those chocolate chip cookies. I know that is why my weight loss has stalled. I'm 3lbs from my WW goal and 8 lbs from my personal goal. Oh well, I'll keep working on it. Keep up the good work ladies and I'll check in later.

BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote