100 lb. Club - Five things you can do on Mother's Day that don't involve food!!

shelby897
05-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I know a lot of us mom's or "kids of moms" are having brunch, dinner, etc. for mother's day which is a challenge so here's my idea -- list five things you can do tomorrow that don't involve food and try to do at least one of them :dizzy:

1. Take my kids for a bike ride or nature walk through the woods.
2. Play some board games with the kids.
3. A good round of kick ball.
4. 1/2 hour playing "chase mom" on the trampoline.
5. Kid's favorite -- staying up late to read books outside with the flashlight and watch the stars.

Happy Mother's Day

SoulBliss
05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Sleep in.

Get a massage.

Lounge about all day.

Drink warm tea and relax with a good book.

Turn off the cell phone.

I plan on doing ALL 5! ;)

Lovely
05-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Taking a leisurely stroll by the beach. That's what I'll be doing with my mother.

FB
05-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Luckily this year isn't involving one little bit of food!

Here's mine:
1. Garden, shop flowers and let hubby do all of the work (I'll help- but only if I feel like it!) while I play sidewalk superintendent.
2. Bike ride with the family if my husband gets his garden work done ;) otherwise I'll ride alone for some great me time.
3. Visit the MIL and help her with her garden
4. Bike with my best friend later
5. Lay on the couch, reading, napping and having glasses of tea brought to me with my feet rubbed occasionally on demand
6. Loooong bath with the good stuff my husband buys me on M's day.

Beverlyjoy
05-11-2008, 08:20 AM
This is an interesting question...because in my family - seems like everything is about how food relates to it.

- take a walk
- pick some flowers
- go to a movie (stay away from the candy, though)

Czarria
05-11-2008, 07:35 PM
****. I wish I would have read this before I went to a cookout for my grandmother and ate. entirely. to. much. food.

Cest La Vie.
Tomorrow is a new day.