Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #44

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #44

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2008, 01:41 PM
:welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

:strong::boxing::bike2::woops::yoga::ebike:

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :comp:

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Mindee's Post from Thread #43

well, we had a great night last night! we took the kids to the bike night at the local flea market. we walked all over the place but because it was cold not that many bikes showed up. but it was still a good time had by all! then we had to go to walmart to get some stuff!

Tommy was asking me what he gets for our anniversary, since I get two holidays in one! for our anniversary, I get dinner and bowling. For mother's day, I get a new purse and some flowers!

SuzieQ~ I am inching closer and closer to that number and I am so excited about it! Have fun with McD!

Cristina's Post from thread #43

Hiya Chickies...

MINDEE... WTG on being at 231!! Sounds like you guys have a nice weekend planned, enjoy your date night! Bowling sounds like loads of fun. Sounds like Brandon made out like a bandit!

SUSAN...when you are finished with your house cleaning, you can come do mine! Actually, DD is going to do it sometime today. Enjoy your day with McD! And WTG on being at 160!

FRANCIE...okay, so you're seeing the U.S....it's part of the world, lol. Hoping you guys get to stay there so you can get to Europe.

Another gloomy day here in Oz. Supposed to get more rain today and it looks like it is moving in. Woke up to the sun shining in the window and now it is getting dark. Nothing special planned today...aiming to finish Mary, Mary which I think I will. V is working, J is working and DD is cleaning the house for me and it is a good book that I don't want to put down. Was dozing last night or I would have had most of it done.

Did the Leslie Sansone's Trim & Slim and the Firming dvd and will do the sculpt & burn later. The first two are 30 minutes long and the last one 40 minutes.

That's about all I have. Most likely won't be back to post until Tuesday so I will wish you ladies a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Momma's Day!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, LADIES!

tommysgirl18
05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
just popping in here while I have some time before we leave for our date night!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I was an even 231! So, I am doing something right! I even managed to walk over 11 miles yesterday! I even walked almost 24,000 steps!

I am going to look into getting some more Leslie Sansone dvd's. I love the work out of hers that I have been doing, and she helps to pass the time without you watching the clock every few minutes!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Happy Mothers Day Weekend!!

And that includes Sassy and Francie because you gals have kitty cats that are your babies!!

Speaking of which my Momo went outside this morning, made a bee line for the open door. Argh. I have to treat him again soon so I guess we will be ok.

Mindee :bravo: chickie on the 231!! Amazing on the 11 miles, you are another Exercise Queen! :queen: What kind of shoes are you wearing?? I was thinking of getting New Balance as soon as I get the tax refund. Love the avatar of Brandon and his flowers! Gaby did a flower for me with her handprint as the flowers, it is cute. I always save the girls art work, one thing I am good at. lol Have fun tonight!!

Cristina - I caulked my tub yesterday and I still have to mop my floors. Rach has for sure needs to clean her room, I can't even go in there without getting depressed. Kind of gloomy here too.

anyway - just walked over and handed Gab to her father, she will come back in early tomorrow. Weighed in at 159 this morning and I was thrilled. Finally!
Might skipped the Lake Merwin thing now w/ McD and go see Iron Man and have dinner at Chevy's tonight. I can't think of any lo cal Mexican food but a tamale and spanish rice sounds good.

My mom called and my grandmother went on hospice Thursday, she is failing pretty fast so I need to make a trip over and see her today sometime. We were never close but I am named after her and I should be there to support my mother.

anyway a :wave: to Sassy, Francie, Jules, Katy and Sue!!

Shopaholic1204
05-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Just stopping by real quick.

My friend came over last night..and we battled it out on the Wii..it was a lot of fun. We worked up a sweat!! So we decided to go for a walk outside..and we ended up walking way too far, lol. But it was all good. Thats what happens when all you're doing is gossiping, lol.

I stayed up reading until 4am and finished my book. YAY!! But then I made a big mistake in sleeping with 2 fans on and the window open. My throat was so dry when I woke up. Ugh..I'm sipping on some green tea right now. I think walking around last night had something to do with it too. I'm like my grandfather...the night air is not good for me, lol.

Anyways..I'm gonna go jump in the shower because my hair is too curly and I'm just sick of it, lol.

Happy Sat all!!

tommysgirl18
05-10-2008, 02:37 PM
just popping back in here while I have a chance!

SusieQ~ I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thanks for the bravo...I am actually using City Sneaks for my shoes. I got them from my mom when we were visiting her. I have a pair of Reeboks, I think they are, that I also got from my mom. I tried wearing them one night when I walking with Marissa, and they started to hurt my feet. But they were also kind of tight on my feet. I also need new shoes, so I will be looking for a pair of new walking shoes. That art work that Gab did sounds like Brandon's Easter Bunny that he made me. It was a bunny body and the ears were his foot prints.

Francie~ How are you doing? That sounds like you guys had a great workout!! Good for you!

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2008, 05:21 PM
What I do to chat w/ you ladies! The lady next to me is pounding on her keyboard and tapping her foot, it is annoying the **** out of me!:devil:

Franice - What were you reading?? How did the hair come out?? Mine gets curly too , hate that so use a hot iron on it.

Mindee - Thank you. Grandma is 98, she has had a full life. I don't think she has been real happy since she had to move from her house a year ago. Very proud lady and has been upset not being able to care for herself. Cute about the Bunny art!!

K- have to get ready for my McD. I cleaned the grooves in my scale today, just had to share how anal I have become. lol

ta ta

tommysgirl18
05-10-2008, 05:33 PM
SusieQ~ You know we love you! (even if you do get stuck next to people that annoy you) Speaking of which, have you had to sit next to the coffee sipping lady lately? That sounds like my grandmas....both of them......my grandma in Texas, wrote us a little note on our anniversary card that said that she sold her car last year after 61 years of driving.

Shopaholic1204
05-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Mindee~I'm pretty good. Enjoying my day off!! How are you?

Susan~I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Theres like 7 books total I think. I'm on book 5 now. My hair looks better now. I didnt blow dry my hair the last time I showered so it was all curly. Today, I just had enough of the curly hair..and blow dried and straightened it. Its all nice and smooth now.

Today is turning out to be a really good day. I'm watching National Treasure right now..and after it comes all 3 Indiana Jones movies!!! They're started with the 3rd one though..which is kinda weird, but whatever. LoL!!! I love me some Harrison Ford!!! And tonight, Shia Labeouf (whose in the 4th one) is hosting SNL!! Woot!!!!! I love him, even though he's a year younger than me, lol.

Okay..movie is back on now..BBL!!

Sassy_Chick
05-11-2008, 02:18 AM
http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/251/251488e19qyczxga.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mom2Gaby
05-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!

Mindee- The stir coffee lady I saw last week. I didn't even notice her until I heard the stirring. She is one annoying chick! Yesterday I had to shield my eyes from seeing the lady tapping her foot. Little things really piss me off....haha. How was the date night?? Hope you and Tommy and fun!

Francie - McD wants to see Indiana Jones, I told him to go by himself. I don't like Harrison Ford, he is so wooden acting. IMHO. You live in Suckydale, eh??? lol

Sassy - Beautiful card Sassy, thanks for posting!

My evening was nice and involved a tamale....and no that isn't a male private part. Hee haw, ya I am in a happy mood, ignore me. McD and I went to Chevy's and I had 2 blended Margarita's....a strawberry & lime one, they were so good. I ordered the 2 tamale combo, I ate the beans but not the rice. I was too full for that and I was eating counter clockwise and the rice was at 11:00....and I was full by 6:00......
Huh?? What did she say???
After that we were too lazy to go to see Iron Man so we went to Blockbusters and McD let me get Into the Wild, I have been wanting to see it.
Got home at midnight and Rach was still up watching Harriet the Spy, I thought that was cute. I went straight to bed w / the kitty an dslept really good.
Up at 7 w/ the phone ringing and went to get coffee and a Sunday paper. Waited for Gab who came home at 11am. She brought me flowers and some yummy homemade chocolate cookie that he dad made.
Now I am waiting for all the girls to get ready and we will go see my mom.

Hi to Cristina, Sue, Katy, and Grandma Jules!! :wave:

Shopaholic1204
05-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!

I was just gonna spend the day watching movies that my mom & I liked..but I got really depressed in the middle of The Wedding Singer (my mom would watch that movie 20 times in a row, lol). So ya...I'm gonna take a mom movie break and watch Disturbia. I'm seriously in a Shia Labeouf mood right now. He was so funny on SNL last night (I laughed so hard during one of the skits that I hurt my throat again, lol). I've bumped him up from #6 to number #2, lol. Jake Gyllenhaal has been bumped down to #3. I've informed Fonzo of this change, and he's happy that he's still my #1, LOL!!!

Susan~Omg, I love Indiana Jones!! I'm just dying to go see it when it comes out. I made Fonzo swear over and over that he will not go see it without me!!

OKay well..I lost another pound yesterday. But then last night, I went on an emotional eating binge..and I thought for sure I would've gained it all back. But I stepped on the scale this morning..and nada. I'm exactly the same. I guess I'm pretty good at maintaining my weight.

Anyhoo..I shall go now..Toodles!!

tommysgirl18
05-11-2008, 03:26 PM
just thought I would pop in and wish every one a Happy Mother's Day!

we had a great date night! we had a great dinner, and our friends got us a cream puff sundae for our anniversary. and I was good and didn't overindulge!!! then we went bowling and I worked off all the food that I ate! we even got a king size Mr. Goodbar, and I am happy to report that about 3/4 of it is sitting in the freezer right now!

Francie~ Sounds like you had a great movie night! I have a copy of the second National Treasure, but I haven't watched it yet. That is great on your weight loss! I was going to step on the scale this morning, before I ate, but I didn't get a chance to.

Sassy~ That was very beautiful! Thanks for posting that!

SusieQ~ I am the same way......the littlest things really bug me! And the smaller it is, the more it bugs me! Sounds like you had a great date and a great Mother's Day!

RosieKate
05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone! I met up with an old friend from high school whom I hadn't seen in a long time and we went out for drinks in the middle of the afternoon - scandalous! But you know, we didn't have to wait for a table, lol! Guess that's the last place folks take Mom on her special day...We were joking with our server, " Don't worry, honey, everyone will be here for Father's Day!"

Francie - I know I'm an old broad, but I think Shia Le Beouf is pretty cute - Our whole family really liked Transformers, but I think I liked it for a completely different reason than they did, lol! I think that makes me a dirty old lady...

Mindee - What a great date night! Ours is coming up and DH proposed sending the kids off to the grandparents overnight and taking me out to see the Sex and the City Movie then dinner...now I just have to wait until June darnit

Susan - mmm tamales sound really good right now...hey have a great time with you daughters and your mom.

HI to Cristina, Jules, Sue, Sassy and anyone else reading this. I just got home and my family's rolling in any minute so I have to cut it short for now. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Shopaholic1204
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Mindee~How did you get a copy of the 2nd National Treasure?!?!?! Thats not fair!! LoL!!! I really wanna see it. Wait..is it out on dvd and I didnt even realize it?

Katy~Well..he's 21, so you're not a dirty old lady, lol. I'm ALWAYS watching Transformers. And not because of the storyline, lol. Plus, he's a really good actor. I really enjoyed The Greatest Game Ever Played, and Holes. Omg I LOVED that movie!!! I even used to watch Even Stevens when it was on the Disney channel. I like Zac Effron too (he was so cute in Hairspray) and the kid is like 19 or 20 years old!! Me & my friend had to make sure he was of age before we could admit to liking him, LOL!!

Okay..I'm finally gonna go watch Disturbia now. I ended up taking a much needed nap, so I didnt get to watch it earlier, lol.

Katy~Something for our viewing pleasure http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/moviestv/shia/shia884.png

Sassy_Chick
05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Hola Chickareenos. I hope you all had a great Mother's day. ;) My mom, not so much........I talked to her online lastnight a bit and she told me that her boyfriend was supposed to meet her in a town that is about 30 min away from where my mom lives. She said she got there and waited 45 min. and he didn't even show or call!!! :o

So I called her today for Mothers Day and she still has not heard from him, she said he was online and she sent him an email and would not even read it. So I have no idea what is going on there. At first DH & I wondered if there was something wrong or something happened to him, but she said he was online lastnight, so I dunno. She said she left him messages too. So who knows......I told her its his loss. I can see not wanting to see someone anymore and just not calling them, I mean that is crappy, but I think it was even crappier to not have the decentacy to call her and just say, "hey I can't meet you tonight, talk to you later" That takes what one minute to do? With gas prices so high and my mom doesn't like driving at night as it is.........Oh well. I told her we'll do something when she comes up here, be good to get her mind off of things..........

Anywho, tonight is begins my new schedule. It was nice not having any traffic and having anywhere I wanted to park when I came in. ;) Then when I leave in the AM shouldn't be much traffic either and the best part of all: NO SCHOOL BUSSES!!! :carrot: DH only had to work one day on his new schedule, just how it fell. Our new schedules began on Saturday. So he's been trying to readjust to a dayshift schedule again. Oh and he bought a new motorcycle. We knew with the schedule changes we'd have to have a 2nd mode of transportation and he wanted a motorcycle, so that is what he got. He felt a bit guilty yesterday when he called on his lunch to talk to me, I said, he has worked hard and derserves it and we don't live our lives for everybody else. (his parents thinks he is stupid for buying one). Then I told him, "like your parents have never done anything stupid?" Not saying that buying it was stupid, but you know what I mean. But that is parents for ya. lol. My mom was cool with it, but she likes motorcycles, the in-laws do not.

Well I have rambled long enough. :blah:

Shopaholic1204
05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Sassy~That was pretty immature of your mom's bf to do that. Is he 15 or something? Geez.

Sassy_Chick
05-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Francie -- Yeah he ACTS like he's 15 doesn't he? lol. I beleive he is a couple yrs older than my mom -- go figure. lol. MEN! lol. It just breaks my heart though because my step dad was such a great man, its too bad that he's gone. :cry: I hope my mom finds a good decent man. Hmmmm. Maybe I should do a personal ad for her, maybe I could word it better or something? I mean you see it all the time done in the movies, right? lol. If it was only that easy, eh? How r u doin girlie? I know today must have been tough for ya. IM me if your online........;)

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Sassy~Some guys just never grow up. Oh well..his loss then. He clearly didnt know a good thing when he had it. When you mentioned the personal ad, it made me think of "Must Love Dogs" lol. I love that movie. Today was okay I guess. I was gonna watch all these movies, but I got really depressed during The Wedding Singer..and then I ended up taking a nap for a few hours. So eh. Plus, AF is in town..so maybe thats why I'm so tired. I am in a lot of pain right now. :cry: I took some advil 2 hours ago, and it hasnt kicked in yet. So I'm gonna take some more...Other than that..nothing else is going on..Oh..and I'm lusting over a younger man, LOL!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Francie -- I know we're chatting on line but figured I'd respond anyways.....lol. Yeah some men just never ever grow up -- as do a lot of women as well..........But yeah its his loss. Awww sorry your having pain, I know that is definitely no fun at all! Big :hug: I like that movie too, "Must Love Dogs" lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Sassy~Okay..yahoo just kicked me off..grrr. But ya, that song "I Dont Want to Lose Your Love Tonight" is by a band called Outfield. I looked them up on myspace, lol. But Midtown did a cover verison of the song. Which is what I have on my page now. LoL!! I really like the song too. But you should still check out "Kiss Me" by New Found Glory. Or better yet..download "Everything I Do, I Do it for you" by New Found Glory. Its one of my fave cover songs!!! Then download "Cry Me A River" lol..it sounds so good too. Ya..me & my friend are all into punk cover songs, lol.

Now I just need a new layout to go with my new song, lol.

Sassy_Chick
05-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Hey Girls.

Well I got my walk :running: in. My left leg started really really hurting at the end though and I thought I wasn't gonna make it! lol. I can see me laying in a puddle in the parkling lot. lol. But I made it, I dunno how, but I did my leg was just BURNING........UGH. Stupid body. Too bad can't order a new one! lol. This one is worn out. lol.

Francie -- ok. I'll have to check that out........;)

Shopaholic1204
05-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Freakin A man..I swear. I spent 4 freakin hours on my stupid myspace page, lol. First, I had to pick a song..then I had to find a layout..Then I had to find a couple new things to put on there. I think I took the longest trying to make a new blingee. But it looks so purty. So I'm happy with my page now. I'm hungry now, but I'm more sleepy. So I'm chosing to sleep (this must be what Fonzo feels like, lol).

Okay..I'm FINALLY going to bed!!

Sassy~Did you talk to yourself while you were out walking?? LoL!!

Sassy_Chick
05-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Morning Peeps! :coffee: Well I now have 3 hrs and 15 minutes to go! :woohoo: lol. On my old schedule I would only have 1 hr and 15 minutes to go............:( Aw well. lol.

Freakin A man..I swear. I spent 4 freakin hours on my stupid myspace page, lol. First, I had to pick a song..then I had to find a layout..Then I had to find a couple new things to put on there. I think I took the longest trying to make a new blingee. But it looks so purty. So I'm happy with my page now. I'm hungry now, but I'm more sleepy. So I'm chosing to sleep (this must be what Fonzo feels like, lol).

Okay..I'm FINALLY going to bed!!

Sassy~Did you talk to yourself while you were out walking?? LoL!!

I do the same thing. I know it is such a time waster but can't help it....lolllllll. We have to make our pages pertty, right? ;) Yes I did talk to myself, I kept on saying, "I hope I can make it........" :lol3: There were two guys out in the parking lot too, but I had so much pain in my leg that I didn't care what they thought of me! lol.

jules1216
05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi all!! BBL to do indys....Had a good mother's day...earlier in the weekend not too much...Ry leaves tomorrow and I am really sad!!!

Shopaholic1204
05-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Just a quick update on our orders. They've been offically given to us. So YAY!! We leave here sometime in Aug and have to be there by Sept. 22nd. Does anyone know how long it will take to drive from Washington to Maryland?? LoL!! We're going from one coast, to another...WITH 3 CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
:wave: Happy Monday!!! :wave:

Sassy - :hug: to your mother. That happened to me once, he wasn't my BF though but we had talked for awhile and when it came time to meet he was a no show. The bright side is she knows what a jerky person he really is and hopefully she won't give him the time of day now. What was more hurtful was going out with someone for 7 months and they broke up in an email and never bothered to meet or talk on the phone. Another butthead type!! lol Anyway, :bravo: on your walking.

Francie - Never crossed the USA. I guess figure the miles and how much you guys want to drive a day and there you go! :D

Mindee- I am glad you and Tommy had so much fun! Good for you on not eating the whole candy bar! Talk about wellpower!! :)

Katy - I saw your church was having a plant sale, did you help w/ that?? Hope the kids are feeling better!! Sounds like you had a good Mother Day! :)

Jules - :hug: Thinking of you with Ry about to leave! Hang in there. I am glad you had a good Mothers Day :)

Hi to Cristina and Sue!!

Wishing you all a good Monday! Bachelor is on tonight and it is the final show, so I am pretty excited. lol - enough excitment for me. Goal is to be 158 by Friday. The store has asparagus for .88 cents a pounds, so I might go pick me up some, sounds good.

I guess that is it! Just trying to stay out of trouble. :dizzy:

Chat later!

tommysgirl18
05-12-2008, 01:47 PM
just popping in while the kids are napping!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am weighing in at 230 pounds! Only 100 more pounds until I hit my goal. But I have been wondering if I am setting my goal too low for myself. I am sure that I will reevaluate when I get closer to that number but for now I am going to leave it there!

I also started my new challenge yesterday......so for the next 8 weeks, I am going to be aiming for 10,000 steps a day! and in doing so, I am going to be walking across the US!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Mindee- Maybe you can take Francie's kitties w/ you across the USA?? haha. Have you been 130 before?? As an adult I was 132 back in 2000 and it was too thin for me. My body seems to like 145 to 150 range, and I can wear 6/8's at that weight. Anyway , you'll figure it out. I just saw a lady at 142 on the board and she looked thin to me.

You are very inspiring with your walking ! Awesome on the 230 :bravo: I am so happy for you!!

tommysgirl18
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
As far as what is on our plans this week, well nothing really until the end of the week. Brandon doesn't have school on Wednesday, and then Thursday we are all going to the zoo with his class. In fact, my MIL is going with us! We are getting in before the zoo officially opens so that we can beat the crowd, and from what I gather, all we have to do is meet his teacher at the gate, and then we will basically be on our own after that. I am going to make sure that we take the camera with us since it will be the first trip to the zoo for all three kiddos! Just do me all a favor please, can you please send some nice weather this way? Right now it is looking clear and 63, but Tommy has said that if it rains then we are not going. So, I am hoping that it stays clear because the kids are getting excited about the zoo!

SusieQ~ I was 130, probably sometime in junior high maybe. I know I was 180 my senior year in high school. You couldn't tell that I weighed that much, and it didn't have any ill effects on me, but I want to get lower then that if I possible can.

LOL.....if she can meet me in San Diego, I think that is where my virtual cross country trek starts! And by the time I get too the east coast, I will be in Washington, D.C. which from what I gather, is not that far from MA. So, her kitties will make it there before she does!

Shopaholic1204
05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
LOL!!! You guys are funny!!! Lmao!!! You DO NOT wanna travel with my cats!!!!!! They are whinny prisses.

Mom2Gaby
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
I am so happy because I made asparagus for the first time! It was 98 cents a pound, not .88 like I thought. It is usually close to 3.00 a pound, I guess, so what a deal.
My lunch was asparagus, chicken tenderloin and low fat cottage cheese, I am sooooo full.

Mindee- Gaby went to the zoo Saturday w/ her father. I know for sure I am going to get a membership pass w/ my tax refund later this month. I love the zoo and it is great for walking! I will send you 10 degree's, suppose to be 80 this week here so I can spare that much. I want it at least 70. lol I was probably 130 in 4th grade. haha, went up from there to 245 when I was 18.

Francie - How are you going to travel w/ the kitties?? You just have them in a carrier and let them out when you get a motel room?? My cat is a wuss too, I take him for visitation at my moms and he whines over the 5 miles we have to travel. lol.....

k- back to my Gaby and preparing myself mentally for The Bachelor, if he doesn't choose Shayne I shall never watch the show again...til the next one haha.

tommysgirl18
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
SusieQ~ Thanks for the ten degrees. I see that you are 9 pounds away from goal, you are doing great! I hit the 100 pounds away from goal today, so I am going to keep on walking! I was my highest weight ever, when I was 21. Granted I was pregnant with Brandon at the time, but I was 285 pounds just before I had him. And I am only 5'4" so that was way too much weight on my small frame!

I am going to put my feet in my foot spa tonight....they are so tired and so achy that I meant to do it last night but I got busy and didn't get a chance to!

Shopaholic1204
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Susan~We're gonna get a carrier just for Sassy..then stick the other 2 in a big one. They like each other, so they'll keep each other company. We're also gonna have disposable litter boxes in the backseat and some food back there as well. So whenever we stop at a rest stop..we'll let them use the litter box and eat some food. Thats pretty much how we did it last time. Although last time we only had 1 cat with us, lol. Its a good thing we didnt get a 4th kitty.

tommysgirl18
05-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Francie~ That sounds like it might be a little more of a challenge with three cats, as oppose to one.

Sassy_Chick
05-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Well I woke up lastnight feeling like crapola, but I went into work anyhow since my co-worker would be all alone otherwise. I feel a tad bit better, but not much...........I think its just all these germs around here. My co-worker was out last week for Strep throat and a sinus infection.

Anywho........DH went to his friends house. I would say "our" friends house but I never ever get to see them! I know they are still my friends but it really bums me out not getting to see anybody. :( I was really bummed driving to work alone while DH rode to our friends house.......I know its not his fault, but I just feel alone. :( I know I'm not, but just feels that way. :( I know its selfish to feel that way when other people in this world have bigger worries, but I just can't help it. I just hope that one of DH's job offers works out and I can then I can get outta here!!!!! :carrot: Working my last 2 1/2 hrs are complete torture! (I work 9 PM - 9:30 AM) It totally stinks. Yes there are more people there to work, but its so loud and noisy and I just don't like it. lol. I am used to my quiet nights. I haven't worked on days for about 2 years now and I like it that way. lol. But its easier in a way, I mean they are busier than me, but its different because everybody is in the office then so I don't have to wait trying to get a hold of someone like I do at night time. lol. Anywho just griping I guess. lol.

Francie -- I know what its like travelling with cats. Not fun.......We have to give my cat we have left tranqulizers he gets so stressed. I drove 10 hrs with two howling kitties in the back seat. lol. I am not sure how long it takes to get to Maryland from WA. Probably long though........You have to be there 2 days before my bday and 4 days before my anniversary! :)

Suzy Q -- Thanks and sorry that happened to you. I dunno if he was her BF persay, not sure what he was. lol. Nothing much that is for sure! I can't beleive how inconsiderate some people can be!

Mindee -- WTG on the WL! :carrot: I have been trying to get some walking in where I can..........sometimes my body just won't let me do it though. lol.

Big :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Good Morning!

Yeah, Shayne was chosen over Chelsea!! Gab woke up right when the show started and she came into Rachel's room where the tv is and laid on the bed and watched w/ me. I told her we wanted Shayne and she said "the blonde one?? and I said ya......and Gaby clapped when Shayne was picked. haha...

Franice- Do you have a laptop?? I want daily updates of your trek across America w/ 3 kitties, it could be a reality show. I would watch. :D I am w/ Sassy .............drugs sound like a good idea. lol

Sassy - How are you feeling today?? How is your walking??

Mindee- That is why I don't walk, I don't want my feet to get sore. Waiting to buy some shoes that won't cause me problems. My highest weight was the 245/250 range. Once when I was 18 and when I was 36 years old ((I lost the weight twice)) after gaining it back when Rebecca was born in 91. I stayed at 245 until 98 when I started to lose the same 110 pounds again...
anyway - does that make sense? It doesn't to me....lol Beautiful flowers btw!!

anyway..............thinking of getting some fresh green beans for lunch,sounds good if I can make them like McD.

Hello to Jules , Katy, Cristina and Sue!!

chat later............

Shopaholic1204
05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Sassy~Is it safe to be giving them tranquilizers for several days?

Susan~Yes, I do have a laptop..but it's hard to find a hotel that has a good internet connection. Know what I mean?

Anyways..I'm having a really bad day..or a bad week..whatever. I wish May was over already.

Mom2Gaby
05-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Francie :hug::hug: I am sorry. What is going on? Hope you do something fun, maybe that would help?

Jules - :hug: I meant to say earlier I was thinking of you w/ Ry leaving and all!! Come chat, miss you.

Cristina - How are you doing? Miss hearing from you and hope all is well.:)

Katy - Can you believe the rain?? wt heck... Suppose to be 90 Thursday though!

Hi to Mindee- Sue and Sassy!!

I made some fresh green beans for lunch, they were pretty good. I put some low fat Italian dressing on the chicken for flavor and that proved to be a success....so I am not really hungry. Thinking of something lite for dinner and think I am going to make the 158 by Friday, so I am a happy camper!

I guess that is it!! :D

jules1216
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I am so heartbroken, I cried half the way back from dropping off Ry. Tony picks him up in Seattle around 9:30 PM Pacific time which is 12:30 AM my time. To make matters worse instead of spending time with Ry last night we got news that hubby's pap was in bad shape and we should go up to the nursing home which is about 1 1/2 hours away. We left at 10 to come home and he passed around 10:30. Hubby's grandparents raised him and his sister so he is more like a dad. Too much to handle right now.

RosieKate
05-13-2008, 07:58 PM
((((Jules))))) So sorry about hub's grandpa - how sad.

(((Francie))) hope your day go a little better since your post

HI to everyone else...as Susan says, it is a lousy rainy day here. I was hoping to get some yard work done today, but it not happening. I'm doing well foodwise, and I went to Pilates this morning, so yay for me ;) I need to get back to work.... hope you are all well

Shopaholic1204
05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Susan~Just a lot of things are coming at me at once. I'm having a hard time dealing right now.

Jules~:hug:

Katy~Things have improved a little bit...

tommysgirl18
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
anybody want a 2 1/2 year old? Logan has been a little demon child since Saturday night when we picked them up from the sitter! Today he decided to play with his poop in his room. I was soooooo mad.....then to top it off a little while later, he decided to dump Tommy's Iced Tea all over the kitchen floor! So, I had to mop the floor and then make dinner.

I didn't get a chance to soak my feet last night because, of course, Marissa had other plans like usual! BUT they did feel better after I took her for a walk.......I don't know how that worked out but it did.

Sassy~ I hope you are feeling better! Thanks for the nice words on my WL. I try to get some time to myself at night, but Marissa always has other plans! I am telling you, she senses when daddy gets home on Tuesday nights and instantly wakes up.

Susie Q~ Thanks for the nice comments about my flowers! I caught the end of the Bachelor last night. What is with the monkey part in the proposal? I think they said it was a nickname or something like that. I had made kielbasa, rice a roni and Brandon's favorite, pork and beans for dinner. I immediately wrapped up the leftover food and stuck it into the fridge. I ended up not finishing all that was on my plate, for once!

(((((((((((((((JULES)))))))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's grandpa and Ry moving.

(((((((((((((((FRANCIE))))))))))))))))))))))

Sassy_Chick
05-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Well I got my walking in. :running: Not a lot but something and my leg started killing me again..........I had to sit down before coming back upstairs. :cry: I guess its just my muscles getting used to the walking? I dunno but my leg just burns..........

Francie -- I am not sure. I got it from our vets, so you'd probably have to go to your vets and ask them. It was a prescription.

Shopaholic1204
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone..Just stopping by real quick!!

Me & my friends are going to Ft. Lewis & Mt.St. Helens and will be back on Sat!! Yay!!

Enjoy the rest of your week!! See ya on Sat!!

Mom2Gaby
05-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Good Morning!

Nothing really new to say but thought I would at least say hello and wish you all a wonderful Wednesday!

Mindee- I want a 2 1/2 year old! I miss that age. I think The Bachelor called her Monkey because of the way she wrapped herself around him.

Jules - :hug::hug: I am sorry, when it rains it pours, huh?? Hope today is better and very sorry about your husbands grandfather.

Francie - Have fun at Mt St Helens! That was one of the first trips the girls and I took when I seperated from their father. They had so much fun exploring w/ mom.

Sassy - Not sure why the burning, I would take it easy just in case.

Katy - Warm weather has arrived!! Thank goodness, did you see the :sunny: 90's coming up by Friday??

Cristina - Come check in when you get a chance! Miss you.

Sue - You too!!

k- out of here. :D

Mom2Gaby
05-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Cristina - How could we have missed your Birthday!?!
:bday2you::celebrate::bday2you:
:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

Happy Belated to the sweetest, kindest, most wonderful friend!!

Wishing you the best always!

suetalks
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Good afternoon. Rainy and gray AGAIN today. We had quite a rain this morning. I went to the nursery and got a few things to plant, just too wet to do it. :)
I got in a walk yesterday and hope to again today. I am sitting for Mom's dog again today. She is out running around with her sis who is here from FL.

I have a 5 hour stew in the oven. Smelling good.
Nothing much happening..think I will take a nap. :)

Sorry to miss your BD Cristina. Hope it was a good day!

FrouFrou
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello ladies...

Geez, you ladies have been busy little bee's...just chattin' away!

Sorry for being MIA for so long...V took off Sunday thru Tues and we've been busy. Mother's Day was nice, as well as my bd and THANK YOU Susan & Sue for the BD wishes. We worked outside most of the day yesterday...the weather has been very nice!

Today is nice as well and I did my 3 mile walk around the subdivision. Now just have to do a dvd after Jeopardy.

JULES...hugs to you missy. I am sorry to hear about DH's grandpa and I know how hard it is with Ry gone. :hug: :hug:

MINDEE...those are pretty flowers for sure. WTG on the walking and being at 230! :carrot: Hey, what Leslie Sansone workout is it that you love to do? Just curious because I do her dvd's as well and love them too!

SUSAN...did you see Into the Wild? I finally saw it and I liked it. But, at the same time it makes me angry and sad. I just kept thinking he could have lived...coulda, woulda, shoulda...but, at the same time I feel that was the way he was supposed to go so it makes me sad that he died alone out in the middle of no where. WTG on being at 159! :carrot: I know you will be at 158 this week!

SASSY...what a jerk! I hope your momma is okay. A simple phone call to her would have been nice. A motorcycle huh? I too love motorcycles! Just tell hubby to be careful out there and wear his helmut!

FRANCIE...have fun with your friend! We visited Mt St Helens and loved it...it is soooo pretty up there.

SUE...hope your mom enjoys her time in FL and you were able to get your walk in. I think we are supposed to get rain later this evening...you wouldn't know it from looking outside...it is a very nice day today for sure.

KATY...hoping all is well with you and yours.

I think I am caught up with everyone. Miss you ladies when I am gone for so long. Keep thinking there is something I need to do but don't know what that would be, lol.

Have a good day!

tommysgirl18
05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Man, I feel like such a scrub today! Usually I get a chance to shower before heading to bed, but last night Marissa was having nothing to do with the idea of going to bed on her own. She didn't go to bed until 2am! And that was after Tommy got out of bed and went and slept on the couch since she wasn't letting him sleep in our room! So needless to say, I didn't get my shower in last night. And then I usually get a shower in after my workout in the morning, but since Brandon didn't have school today, I didn't get that in either!

I feel like I am forgetting something since I didn't get my workout in this morning. But I will try to get it in later, or I will just do my walk that I did last night again tonight! I noticed that if I do my regular walk, I get the tingle in my bum when I sit down after my walk. But last night I did three times around the outside of the complex and three times around the inside of the complex and I felt fine.........last night! When I got up this morning, that is another story! My legs are sore, my feet are aching and my thighs are burning!

Francie~ Have fun!!!! Let us know how much fun you have!

Susie Q~ Logan goes to you, you are the highest bidder.....okay so you are the only taker.

Cristina~ Happy belated birthday! Although, I think on Myspace, it said that it wasn't until tomorrow...right? thanks for the nice comments on my roses! Right now, I have three that are still standing tall, and three that have decided to slouch. I was told that if you put sugar in them that it helps. Also, I believe it is warm water in the container it helps them. So, I put a little bit of sugar in them last night and was amazed that all six of them weren't dead! But my light pink, peach, and my other pink one have all decided to slouch. My red one, hot pink one, and my other light pink one are still standing tall. I do Leslie Sansone's Walk N Tone workout.

Mom2Gaby
05-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Mindee- So, I am thinking you need a shower girl!! I use to get a shower at night and in the morning, now I just shower in the morning . I would love to have Logan and if I lived close by I would be bugging you to take all 3.

Sue - Stew sounds yummy! It is HOT here, and going to be high 90's by Saturday.

Cristina - mmm, so you came back eh?? Like, we MISSED you! I have your birthday down as May 12th??? Yes, I watched Into the Wild. I liked it when I could focus. I mean I did have 2 margarita's and I was kind of fighting to pay attention. Just being honest. lol I don't remember the girl in the book, do you?? I loved the book, and it was a sad ending especially after he learned that happiness comes only when you share it with others.
anyway , I missed you!! I am glad you had a nice break w/ V :)

I am going to be 158 by Friday, I am eating good and keeping in the 1,200-1,400 range. My Gaby isn't feeling good so I better go. Just wanted to check in.

and ....Jules....hope you are ok :)

Sassy_Chick
05-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Ok ya'all this is a vent, only a vent, doesn't need to be even responded too, if you don't want too, I don't want to be positive I don't want any words of wisdom, I am just plain FED UP! :mad:

I was really close in walking out from my job this morning, but I managed to stay, then I come back in tonight only to receive a "Friendly" little email stating what I had missed. Well Tues night/ Wed morning was complete chaos! I was BUSY and I am only ONE PERSON! So that was the last straw. DH brought me my lunch for later as we didn't have time to make anything up for it at home. When I went outside to get my lunch, etc I was in tears. :cry: If I didn't need this stupid @$$ job I would have just walked out. :mad: But I need this stupid job unfortunately so here I am, p.d off and stuck here for another 10.5 hrs of pure h@ll. No I know I don't have it as bad as some people who live on the streets, have no $$, etc, so why should I complain? Well I am an American and its my God given right to say what I want! I am FED UP with people telling me what to do, what to say, what not to do or say, I am just plain FED UP! I was not put on this earth to please everybody on it!!!

So what have I done in resolving this issue? Well step one I have requested a meeting with my boss and I plan on telling him everything. How Dayshift doesn't do diddly when I am here in the 2 1/2 hrs in the morning with them, how I take 10 calls to their 1 call, how they b!tc* and complain about me not doing something but its okay for them to just leave things for me, and yes the list goes on and yes I plan on making a list too. I plan on telling him point blank that if I didn't need this crumby job I would have quit it already but I do need the stupid thing. I plan on telling him that if I find another job I am putting in my notice asap because I have HAD it! I am only ONE person and I can't take it no more! Ok so maybe I will say it a bit differently, but still, you get the point!! After 2 yrs of working this shift, ALONE, and doing the work of 6-8 people, I have had it! I am tired of the griping and complaining about if I happen to miss something, but it goes unnoticed if dayshift does it, they get whatever they want where as us night people get whatever is left or what nobody wants.

I also plan on job searching and APPLYING this time. I have always searched, but held out on applying because I am afraid to do something new!!!

I have just plain had it! I told DH to talk to our friend, who also works here, opposite me, but she also works during the day at a grocery store in the photo lab. So I am having him ask her if they can get me a job there, I don't even care if I have to take a big paycut, as long as I make enough to pay the car payment, then that is all I need, as DH has stated to me, I am the car payment. Yes he has said that exact phrase to me word for word, yes I feel so freakin' special that I am a freakin car payment. That is all. Doesn't matter if I am freakin miserable as h@ll, as long as I make the car payment!!!

Well anyways, if you have made it this far, then you truly deserve a medal of honor!!! This in no way is to be taken personally as I stated in the beginning, it is only a vent and not meant to hurt anybody, as its just my way of letting off steam before I blow up!!!!

tommysgirl18
05-15-2008, 12:56 AM
just popping in before heading off to bed. I ended up doing my walking around the complex tonight without Marissa, because she was sleeping and I still wanted to get my walk in.

SusieQ~ If you lived closer, then you could have them for as long as you want! I hope Gab is feeling better!

Sassy~ I didn't take any offense at all, and you have every right to feel the way you do! Make your list, and stick with it when you see your boss. Tell him what is what and you want something to change, either in pay or the way you are treated, or you will be leaving the company.

FrouFrou
05-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Good morning ladies...

MINDEE...hmmm, not sure what myspace says about my bd but (yes Susan) it was the 12th. I've heard others mention the tone ones, just haven't seen them.

SASSY...so when do I get that medal, lol! Did I make you laugh? :lol: I think we all have to vent at times and man...I am surprised you haven't quit that job, other than you need it of course. Hopefully, your friend can get you that job so you can for now...lots of hugs to you. :hug:

SUSAN...I did remember the girl from the book but they built it up in the movie of course. In the book she was barely mentioned. Margarita's sound so good...haven't had one in such a long time. Forgot to ask about your grandma and how she is doing. Hope Gaby isn't getting sick. DS came home with a cold last week and told him to stay away from me...of course now I have a sore throat. You are doing great with the calorie counting...I may have to try it.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I was sleepy and went to bed but layed there tossing and turning so just got up, ugh! I've been sleeping pretty good lately not sure what the problem is tonight. Maybe the reading did it for me :shrug:

Today will be a busy day...have to go buy groceries, go to the bank, post office, take the doggie to the vet and exercise...tiring me out thinking about it.

I will chat later...have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
05-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Hello Mindee and Cristina.

Yes you two get a medal -- for sure! lol. (it will be in the mail. :p) lol Well I do feel better after "blowing my top" :bomb: so to speak. lol. Not only vented to DH and here, but my co worker must know me too well and knew something was wrong and asked so I vented to him as well! He agreed w/ me! lol.

Anywho, thanks. I am glad I emailled my boss to schedule a meeting earlier because I may have backed out of it by now. So at least now I have to go through with it.

I haven't walked tonight either, its cold, windy and rainy outside so I just don't wanna! lol. I'll just try to get up more times in the office or something.

Mindee -- good for you for getting your walk in. I didn't do mine tonight. :(

Cristina, hope you can sleep! My DH can't either and he is supposed to be at work in the morning! (yes we will actually be working together for a whole entire 1/2 hr!!!) lol. He said he doesn't feel good, so who knows.........you know how men are they get the sniffles and its the end of the world! lol.

I am eating French Bread Pizza, I know, really shouldn't but oh well. I almost needed to call the fire dept for the jaws of life to get the plastic package open! I guess it was Gods way of trying to tell me that I shouldn't eat it but I went and got my scissors! :lol3:

Well TA TA for now! Please keep me in my prayers that I don't lose it in the AM when the dayshift gets here! lol.

Big :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
:sunny: We made it to Thursday!!:sunny:

Sassy - Send me a medal too, I read it all!! I think you are perfectly correct in letting your feelings be known to your supervisor. My only advice is to write all your points down, it will make you come off more in control, you don't want to talk off the top of your head. :hug::hug:

Mindee- Good for you on the walking! I would love all 3 kids, I love those ages.

Cristina - Oh, about the girl:dizzy:. I certainly don't remember her from the book, lol. They probably do that for added interest but in this case I don't think it was needed. Margarita's from Chevy's are wondeful , I get the blended so it seems like a slurpee. I am so in denial. lol
Thanks for asking about my grandmother. I talked w/ my mom last night and grandma is hanging in there this week, they weighed her and she was only 77 pounds, I think her normal weight is closer to 110, so she has been losing a lot of weight, poor thing.
Gaby seems better she slept all night but still has a cough and she was running a little fever last night.

anyway - hello to Francie as she travels, Katy as she knits, Sue as she cooks her stew and grandma Jules!!! We miss you ladies.

I am just trying to stay positive on getting to 158. When I say I am going to get to 158 I am just trying to make myself be determined about it all. Actually I hope to maintain at 159 this week - lol . We'll see tomorrow at weigh in.
Suppose to be HOT today so I think I will take a little stroll outside now before it gets too hot.
Chat later!!!

Shopaholic1204
05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
OMG!!! I have the worst hangover ever!!! And I dont get hangovers often. We never made it to St.Helens. We stopped at the Tacoma mall..and did some shopping. I didnt buy anything of course, cuz I didnt get paid until last night. But my friend who go with a different bank got paid yesterday or whatever. But ya..we shopped for our 3 hours..then got back on the road and stopped at Ft. Lewis...and we just ended up staying here all night. We partied hard too!!! I can now say that JD will never been my friend and I'll never drink that stuff ever again!!! I'll stay with Jose from now on, thank you very much!! I did some very bad eating too. I had a burger for lunch..then some pizza for dinner..and then I had an entire box of Hot Tamales. I forgot how much I love Hot Tamales. Thank God I didnt throw up!!! And thank God for water!! I'm like chugging it like its a baby bottle, lol. And omg..I sent Fonzo 50 billion drunken emails last night too. LoL!! He wrote me back this morning and was laughing because they were so funny. He couldnt understand anything I was saying. Which is saying a lot, because he misspells everything. OH..and watching Enchanted while drunk is so much fun!! We ended up going outside and singing all the songs afterwards..LoL!!! Well..I'm gonna be going back home tonight. My friends blew the last of their spending money on alcohol. They're so lucky their hubby's are deployed and wont be in port for awhile because otherwise they would be dead meat!!! Oh..and I dropped my camera on the street and it broke!! Fonzo is gonna kill me!!!! He probably wont buy me another one until after we move, because we have to buy cell phones. So I guess I'm stuck to using his camera. At least the memory card is still good. Anyways..I'm gonna go back to sleep.

jules1216
05-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Francie--JD and I had a falling out years ago...my stomach was never the same!!!

Suzyy--GO GO SUZY!! Get to 158!! WOO HOO!!

Sassy--sorry you are having a time at work, but good for you standing up for yourself!! I am working on that myself.

Mindee--flowers are beautiful and WTG on getting your walk in!!

Crisitina--I can't believe I missed your bday!! Hope V took good care of you!!

Sue--glad your mom is well enough to be able to run araound and have you dogsit!!

Katy--how's the spinning coming--makes me think of Rumplestiltskin (sp??) and all those other old fairy tales I love though the Grimm's version of most are pretty gruesome.

Ry made it to WA. He is liking it so far and has put in several applications. he wanted to quit smoking which was a goal to do once he is out there since neither Tony or Katy smoke and at $7 a pack he says he's pretty sure he will.He says beer costs about the same and he's not ready to quit that. There are some need brew pubs he wants to check out. I think they are going to ride out to the coast this weekend so he can see the Pacific Ocean.

Pap's viewing is tonight and the funeral is in the morning. Hubby is taking it pretty rough. I ended up in the doctors office today with a severe sinus infection along with an infection in my right ear. The girls at work think I have abandoned them.

Well I am going to go take a nap!! Hope everyone's day is going great.

FrouFrou
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...keeping your grandma in my prayers. :hug: Hope Gaby gets rid of that cough soon. Oh, you'll be at 158, I know you will. You are doing great...wish I had some of your motivation. Mine is slowly slipping, sort of, lol. That's the way I like my margarita's too! No on the rocks stuff for me...you are making me want one with some mexican food, yummy. Enjoy the hot weather.

JULES...hugs to you and your hubby. :hug: It's never easy losing a loved one no matter their age. I'll be thinking you you guys tonight and tomorrow. Glad Ry made it safely to his destination. I think he will definitely enjoy the west coast! Oh to be young again...hope you get better.

MINDEE...how's the walking and kids going? Did you ever get your shower taken? You are doing great with the walking but don't over do it missy.

SASSY...hoping today was a better day for you at work. I'll be waiting on that medal, lol ;) I finally did get to sleep...at almost 2:30. When my head hit the pillow I was out. But tired this morning when the alarms went off. Had the one set at 6:30 and the other for 7:30...didn't get up until almost 8:30, lol.

FRANCIE...again, oh to be young again. Can't remember the last time I had a hangover...wasn't a good feeling and I never wanted to feel that again. Of course back then my choice of liquor was Wild Turkey...couldn't drink the stuff now...just give me an ice cold margarita! Actually I can't remember the last time I had one of those...think it's been over a year since any alcohol touched these lips. You ladies be careful driving back home.

HIYA SUE & KATY :wave:

Well, I am pooped and don't even have 1/2 of my exercise done...too busy running around this morning...didn't help I got a late start on the day. Definitely don't care to go to Wally World later in the day. Just got back a few minutes ago from the vet...poor ernie dog being poked and prodded like he was...the vet violated my dog, lol. He was actually good though...he only grrred once...good doggie. Normally, the minute he walks in the back and someone other than us touches him he goes off on them. Anywho...

I did get in 45 minutes of exercise before heading out the door. I did the 1 mile WATP=15 minutes and my Biggest Loser sculpt for 30 minutes. It was actually easier than I thought. I think I feel the burn more with Denise Austin. Daughter got me the two Biggest Loser DVD's...the cardio and the strength. I've been using little 2 pund weights but going to use the 3 pound next time...may need to get some 5 pounders. Anyway, going to do 10 minutes with the weights and then my 40 minute Leslie Sansone's Sculpt & Burn with the blaster thing after jeopardy...40 minutes goes by fast! Now if I could just get the eating down...okay, wrong choice of words because obviously I am getting the food down :lol: Just work on making better choices. I've got to get back to losing again...hate being stalled.

Take care, ladies...have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
05-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey..I'm home. We left 20 mins after I posted that, lol. Still feeling the effects. My head is pounding!!! I'm never drinking again. Ughhhh. My last seriously bad hangover was when I was 15!!!! I'm gonna go to sleep for the rest of the day.

Mom2Gaby
05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Back for a second,

Jules - I am sorry for your families loss, many hugs to you all. I am glad Ry arrived safe to the NW, he will love the coast!! I hope he likes it so much he will stay and you will have to move out here too and,and....and....be my walking buddy.
IF I walked.....haha.
Anyway , keeping you guys in my thoughts. Croing fingers for RY and his being able to quit smoking!! :)

Cristina - Trust me I am SOOOO tired of this weight loss. This week I am enjoying my Veggie of the Day theme. :) (next week is 101 ways to cook chicken tenderloin and WAIT....that ain't JUST tuna in a can! Argh)

Today I had a yummy lunch of steamed zucchini and yellow squash, seasoned and chicken tenderloin w/ some cottage cheese. I bought some graham crackers for a snack tonight, something new. I am really wanting to lose weight without exercising :dizzy:. lol mmm, ya - blended margarita's , can do that like every 6 weeks, couldn't do it every month.
anyway congrats on your exercising!! and sorry about your doggie getting violated. lol

Francie - You BEHAVE!! lol You're having way to much fun up north! :)

k- going to take care of my baby Gaby, she seems ok except for the cough, It is about 80, so not too bad but it is suppose to be close to 100 tomorrow.

Hi to Mindee, Katy, Sassy and Sue!!

Shopaholic1204
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Cristina!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Okay...so I left the Biggest Loser Challenge..and made some new self discoveries about myself. This is what I wrote in the group:

I'm happy with how I look. I've always been comfortable in my own skin. My mom always said.."if you got it, then flaunt it" Which I do-often. This is who I am. I shouldnt have to feel guilty for eating a pizza or a burger every once and awhile. And I shouldnt have to feel guilty for eating chocolate. But thats just how I've been feeling lately, and I'm not happy about that. I hate keeping tabs on everything that I do. I do really enjoy exercising..and I do enjoy eating the right foods. But I'm not happy with how things are currently going for me.

With all that being said..I'm going to leave the group. I'm just going to work on maintaining my weight..and eating healthy. If I slip up, then I slip up.

I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I just bought this!!!

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025382&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442173778&bmUID=1210920728031

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Morning Girls. :coffee:

Well I haven't done crapola lastnight/this morning. I am totally beat from working my 46 hours! :faint: But next week is my short week so that will be cool. (pls don't ask me to explain my stupid schedule again! lol.)

I have decided to not go to my boss. Only because of news. Tuesday night/Early Wed morning we had a major issue happen at work, that my co-worker and I both handled correctly, but it involved LOTS of VIP's so our director (who is over our boss and our bosses boss) pulled my co worker into his office Thursday morning. I was sooooooooo nervous because I thought for sure he'd pull me in next! But he never did. My co worker came out and said that we did everything ok, but things are gonna be changing. Kinda difficult to explain without you all knowing exactly what we do, but basically they are gonna take all the serious issues to my coworkers team, which is the team that my dh is on. Like I've said before we sorta work together, we do basically the same jobs, only my dh's team deals with more critical things than mine? Make sense? Well my team does deal with some critical things, but since that big to-do they are now talking about taking that completely away from my team and giving it all to my dh's team. Even though I didn't do anything wrong. I know that sounds really weird. But anyways. Why my change of heart about talking to my boss?

Well because think about the shift I work and no I am not gonna go over it again. (sorry but I get so sick of going over it time and time again, no offense to anybody) Basically it is night shift, lets just leave it at that. Anywho, what will I be doing if they take the more critical stuff away from my team? Most of our customers do not handle "non-critical" issues after hrs. So that pretty much leaves me without a job, at least on nights and if they take away all the critical stuff from my team, then that leaves us A LOT less work, so that means, they will need a lot less of us. So now I am afraid. I have complained about my stupid job so many times, but now that it is threatened to possibly go away, I am deathly afraid. "You can just get another job" you say. Well any of you who know me know I have been struggling with that for a long time now. I am "comfortable" there even if it drives me insane. I know that sounds totally insane, but its true. I guess if I do lose my job, well then I do. I can't control that. So I don't want to "ruffle" any un-necessary feathers with my boss, so that is why I am not doing the meeting with him. I re-called my email to him and I hope it recalled successfully.........but if it doesn't I will just have to come up with something. Maybe just ask about the future of my team or something with all the schedule changes I was just curious or something?

Anywho I have rambled on long enough about my stupid job. I am so sorry for taking up your all's valuable time.........I am ashamed really. :o I know other people have much much worse problems than my petty little ones that I continue griping about. lol.

I have also thought about something. I have totally lost myself into this big "fat" suit I have put around myself. What am I "hiding" from?? I dunno just a thought that entered my head. lol.

Happy belated B-day, Cristina! http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/875/875184kyfn69b21w.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)
I am so sorry that I was so self-absorbed that I didn't realize it was your bday! I hope it was a great one! :hug:

Francie -- Gentle "hangover" :hug:

Suzy Q -- your medal will be in the mail too, thanks. :)

Thanks to everybody here.

RosieKate
05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi Cristina - a belated Happy Birthday! Sorry it's late, but I hope you had a good one..sounds like it!

Jules - Sorry you have to go through so much right now. Glad Ry made it out here in one piece...and that he's quitting smoking; that's really great news. Feel better soon!

Susan- 158 is gonna happen, you know it! Me, I gained a pound this week - bleh. I am shoveling lots of compost and hanging lots of laundry this week, so hopefully that will burn some calories.

Sassy- I don't mind reading about your job...it gives you safe place to vent which you really can't do at work, and you and your hub can only vent so much with each other, right? Sounds like you are handling your situation just fine. If you do have to keep the meeting with your boss, maybe it could be to "touch base" with all the changes? Never hurts to schmooze the boss.

Francie - that top is great! Very sexy...make sure you send lots of pictures of yourself to Fonzo ;) How's the hangover today?

Mindee - TGIF! How's your family...Logan behaving himself? :devil: Tell him Auntie Kate told him to stop playing with his poo....

Sue - how are you this fine Friday? As Susan mentioned earlier,we are going to have a scorcher here in PDX. I watered the veggies really good yesterday, and I'll get my garden work done in the morning. Then its fun in the sun,people!

I posted a picture on my blog of "the pile". It's a good workout, For sure. Hopefully I will burn off the pound I gained this week. I drank too much alcohol this week...so I know that's why it happened, but I know I can get back on track. I just bought some cute bermudas at Costco a few days ago and I bought a smaller size! Yahoo! So I know I can hang in there...

As for spinning, I really liked it but I need to borrow or rent a wheel to get more practice, so I'm kind of stuck on that front for awhile. It was so much fun and I can see doing it more in my future. Last night I went to a local knitting guild meeting of for the first time and had lots of fun. Knitters are an entertaining bunch, that's for sure.

Well - have to go get the kids up for school, have a good Friday everyone!

FrouFrou
05-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Just a quick Hi...have a few errands to run and then will be back to do individuals.

FRANCIE...love the shirt! And I think what you said was perfect...I think that is how I am feeling right now too!

Okay, I am outta here...later gators!

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi All..........

I am soooooooo worried..............My DH has not been feeling well, well the last two days he told me that he is short of breath. I thought it was pneominia cuz he's had a cold, etc........So he went to the dr this morning and the dr is having him go and get an EKG and bloodwork done and have him schedule a stress test..........:( I am so soooooooooo afraid..........I know that the dr is trying to rule out anything serious and I hope that it does rule it out, but I am really worried........

I guess its another eye opener. That we really need to get with the plan and stick to it. I can't imagine my life without him........:cry: :cry: :cry: and I am sure he probably feels the same about me and I'm the one with the heart disease in her family, both sides!!!!!! I am so stupid! I have done this to myself and I have aided to doing it to my husband! :cry: I may as well have just buried both of us alive!!! :cry: What a dope......I let food rule my life.........and now it may just end not only my life, but someone I love with all my heart.......:cry:

Sorry I don't mean to be a downer.........truly...........:cry:

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Katy~The hangover is pretty much gone. I really over did it though. No more drinking like that ever again, lol. I forgot to tell you..I wanna knit!! But I have no skills whats so ever!! I'm talentless in the crafty department, lol.

Cristina~You must be one super busy chickie!!! Dont forget to slow down and smell the roses.

Sassy~:hug: I hope your hubby is okay. Please keep us posted!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Last night was a major night for me. I dunno what happened really. I was watching Ugly Betty & Grey's Anatomy..and some of the stuff they were saying really got to me. I wrote a long blog just saying everything that I had been holding in for so long..and emailed it to Fonzo. I think the last part really got to him..because he's gonna buy a phone card for the ship and call me more often. Plus, I had a small panic attack last night. It sucked, but oh well. I hate to admit this..but I havent been doing so well because of the lack of communication between us. He did spoil me way too much last deployment by calling me all the time. I know I shouldn't be complaining because other wives dont get to hear from their hubbies at all. I feel bad for feeling this way.

Anyways...New Kids on the Block preformed on the Today show today, lol. They sounded a little crappy..but lately everyone who has been preforming on that show have been sounding like crap. They still looked good (well, except for Danny & Jonathan) and I'm still gonna buy their new album!!

Well..I'm gonna go eat some breakfast and watch the cast of Indiana Jones on Good Morning America (thank god for dvr, lol. I gotta have my New Kids & Shia Labeouf, lol)

Mom2Gaby
05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
:wave: :wave: HaPpY fRiDay!!!!! :wave: :wave:

Thank goodness it is Friday! And it is a beautiful day here in Portland, with a high in the 90's. Gaby is cute because she says she needs suntan lotion and sunglasses, so I guess that is on my to do list before I pick her up from school.

Sassy - :hug::hug: Saying prayers for your husband! You are never a downer and I hope you know you can vent here anytime!! That is what the boards are for :) :hug:

Francie - Love the top! Looks like Carly in the picture from American Idol. Thanks for sharing what you wrote in the BL group! It is so true! and nothing wrong in letting your husband knowing what you need :)

Katy - I always loved working in the yard when I had a yard.lol In my first marriage I mowed like 2 acres, took me all day with a walk behind mower. I will have to go look at a list for alcohol and the calories that are in wine. I use to never drink and now I am drinking almost every week. Not good!

Cristina - What are you doing today?? Come back and chat!

:wave: to Mindee (did you get lost at the zoo?? did the kiddies tie you up??lol - miss you) Sue and grandma Jules!!

I weighed in this morning and was 158.4, so I cheated and changed the ticker instead of waiting. Figure it will boost my spirits and I AM almost there and...so, ya....I changed it. lol Feels good too!
I had a can of sliced peaches for breakfast w/ cottage cheese and I think salad w/ fish later on. Lots and lots of ice water because it is going to be soooooo hot today.
Planning on taking Gab to the park and later to open swim and I will just sit there and veg while reading. She is still coughing but that is all, no fever now.
I think I will go pick up a nice and easy and try and cover this old paprika color that I put in 2 years ago, taking forever to grow out! And isn't it weird I have no grey hair??

I am like forever young. lol.... :dizzy:

lol..........k- adios amigo's!!

Mom2Gaby
05-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there,I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain,
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the soft uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die.

What do you think of this poem?? I read it at my fathers funeral and wanted to do a memory thing in the newspaper for his 2 yr passing next May 21st, I wanted a poem and I love this one. It kind of has a Native American feel to it, which he would have liked.
Anyway, just curious for feedback. I think I will go with it though along w/ his picture.

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh wow :cry: That is beautiful

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 02:10 PM
This is what I picked to be on the prayer cards for my mom's funeral..

To those I love and those who love me:

When I am gone release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do,
You must not tie yourself to me with tears.
Be thankful for the many beautiful years I
gave you with my love. You can only guess how
much you gave me in happiness. I thank you each for the love you have shown, but now
its time I traveled on alone.
So grieve for me awhile, if grieve you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
Its only for a time that we must part,
so bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away for life goes on,
so if you need me, call and I will come.
Even though you cannot see or touch me, I'll be near. And if you listen with your heart,
You'll hear all my love around you soft and clear. And then when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and say,
"Welcome Home"

FrouFrou
05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm baaaaacck! :D

SASSY...ditto what Susan said. We are here for you anytime you want or need to vent about whatever. It's better to get it out rather than hold it in. Hoping your hubby is okay, don't be so hard on yourself missy. :hug:

FRANCIE...I think that is good that you are not holding things in...always good sharing with the hubby. Hugs to you too! :hug: I like that poem, that one I think says it all. We always read stuff like that and while it makes sense I think it is just human nature for people to grieve...we have to cry! Okay, so I know I do. When DH#1 was killed though I looked at his body as just a shell because I knew his soul/spirit had moved on...it helps but it doesn't, if that makes sense. Hugs to you in the loss of your mom, I can only imagine how hard that is. :hug: Back to what you posted earlier...I do plan on losing another 20 pounds and then will decide if I want to go down further...doubtful but we'll see if I ever get there. But I hear ya about eating a cheesburger if you want to, or pizza, or cheesecake, lol...I believe that has and is my problem with not losing as fast as I would like to. I am only human and can't live on rabbit food the rest of my life, lol. I need my meat and taters, lol, and dessert! At least I know that when I reach a point I want to be at I can maintain, lol.

SUSAN...same to you what I said to Francie. My parents are about a 8 hour drive away and that's hard for me because they are getting up there in age and I feel that I need to be closer to them, especially my dad...he's had some health problems lately. I am hoping for a trip there next month. :crossed: Anyway, I do like your poem as well. Lots of hugs to you as May 21 approaches. :hug: WTG on the 158! :woohoo: :bravo: I knew you would do it!

KATY...nothing says I Love You Mom/wife like a pile of poo, lol. I think your yard already looks very nice...so green! I love the blue house on the corner, lol. And the camisole will look GREAT on you...love it! Geez, you are a crafty lady...so jealous! WTG on the smaller size bermudas! :woohoo: :bravo: You'll get that pound off in no time flat!

MINDEE...are we going to have to come and get you guys out of the zoo? Hoping all is well with you guys.

JULES...thinking of you and yours today. :hug:

SUE...hiya! Hoping all is well with you.

Hi to anyone reading this...feel free to join us. :wave:

Did half my walk this morning before heading out. Not sure if I will do the other 1 1/2 miles or not...my body is sore for sure. I upped the weights yesterday and I am feeling it today, ouch! I am not sure why I didn't up them sooner...just got used to it and was aiming to do more rather than add more weight. I will be doing the 3 mile WATP later for sure though.

Today I took the recycling stuff to the drop-off, went to Barnes & Noble, kids gave me a gift card that's been burning a hole in my pocket...so ya, more books to sit on the shelf waiting to be read. I couldn't find what I really wanted though and was a little disappointed...will just have to get them online later on. Had to go get a shower curtain liner from Bed, Bath & Beyond, Josh's bank, grab some lunch and home! Jeez, reading that tires me out...but speaking of Josh, the turds, ugh! He got married!!! I think I forgot to mention that. Charlotte went to Hawaii for a few days and they did it on the beach, awww. I would be mad at him...because I wasn't there to see it, but they are still having the wedding in July so all is okay with the momma, lol.

Okay, I think I have rambled on...take care ladies. :hug:

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Cristina~I always share things with him..just lately its been kinda hard. Its hard to tell someone how you're feeling over a email. I mean last year, I sent him nothing but depressing emails. And now I'm trying not to do that anymore. But what I told him wasnt really depressing, lol. And it did feel good to finally get it out. After my mom died, I'd ge really angry when people would call her "the body." I just felt like no matter what, she still has a name. She's not the body. Her soul might be gone, but she still had a name. She was still my mom no matter what, even though I knew in my heart that her soul was all around me....I still would like to lose a few pounds..but I cant help it if I give in to temptation. Its hot here and I want my freakin ice cream. And I wanna eat it w/o feeling bad about it, lol. I still bought all my healthy foods though. I do really like Lean Cuisine, and I enjoy eating salads too. Sometimes I think that if I eat healthy foods too much, then I give in to temptation way too easily. I want it to be balanced or something. LoL!! Its weird. What books did you buy?? I just ordered a book from Amazon that should be coming on monday.

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 06:43 PM
I need to vent.

I'm really hot..I hate the heat..I dont care what anyone says. If Arizona can have heaters, why cant Washington have A/c?!?!? I miss the freakin dry heat and I miss the a/c. A fan can only do so much..and I have 2 on me right now.

And 2..Its totally unfair that I'll never get to be on Oprah's favorite things episode!!! :mad:

Okay...venting over, lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh ya..heres my pretty lil swimsuit that I'm gonna be sportin again this summer. I thought about getting a new one..but this one was pretty expensive and its soooooo cute I just love it!!! Can you tell I'm a proud Navy wife? LoL!!

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 12:38 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, the zoo trip was great! All three kids were extremely well behaved! We didn’t get as any pictures as we had wanted to since our camera decided that it didn’t want to cooperate with us, AND we forgot the spare battery at home! So, Tommy told Brandon that it just meant that we would have to come back again but with BOTH batteries for the camera! Of course Brandon’s reply was yes and he had a HUGE smile on his face!

My MIL came along with us and it was a lot of fun! It was nice to have someone come along with us so that we were not standing there looking at each other and saying “okay, you go to the bathroom and then when you get back I will go.” we each took Brandon into the bathroom with us, but he didn’t have to go while we were in there, but he still tried!

Then we came home, and the kids all went down for naps. And I went down for a nap while watching the news! I slept for a little bit, then woke up to Tommy banging on the ceiling with the broom stick because the neighbors upstairs had their music too loud. Then I fell back asleep for another 45 minutes or so and then Tommy started dinner and we got the kids up to eat dinner. Then we were all in bed by 11:30 Thursday night! I had to take some Motrin because my teeth were bothering me again, which they are starting to bother me again now.

I was joking with Brandon telling him that he was skipping school on Wednesday. They had a professional development day that day. And then Thursday was the zoo trip, so we joked with him that he was getting into a bad habit of skipping school, and he just looked at us and laughed.

I filled out all the paperwork and got all the copies that were needed for it. That went into the mail on Tuesday night, so I am hoping that the worker received it all on Thursday at the latest, and that she can get every done and filed by the middle of next week since Brandon has his Mobile Dentist appointment that day. I am half tempted to call the help line right now just to see if I get anywhere, but I am sure that nobody is working right now, and they don’t have a way to check online.

Cristina~ I just happened to see it when I was looking for a workout to do, and it seemed so easy to me to keep up with and I didn’t sit there watching the clock to see when I was going to be done. So, I have just kept doing it since I know that I am working all my muscles. Now, I just want to look for the workout in the store so I can use the toning belt along with it!

Francie~ JD has never been a friend of mine. Actually, I never really got too into the harder liquors. I am more of the girly drinks as a friend of ours calls them. Mine and Tommy’s first official date was to his cousin’s wedding reception. Let’s just say that we all had a lot of fun that night! I ended up wearing all the drinks on the table that night, and we were the only table without a table cloth on it by the end of the night. Then to top is all off, when we left, we had to go down the stairs to get to the car. I had Tommy and his parents laughing hysterically when we got to the bottom of the stairs I was still going down stairs (that weren’t there mind you). That was also a great poem as well! I didn’t get a chance to watch her favorite things episode on Friday, but I always wish that I could be there when they tape an episode of her favorite things!

Cristina~ Yup, I did get my shower in that day. The walking is still going strong! The kids, well when they take naps, they are good! Friday neither Brandon or Logan took a nap, so by the time daddy got done playing “Tom’s garage” and came home with dinner, it was already pushing 7:30pm, which is normally Logan’s bedtime, so he was a heathen and a half while eating dinner.

Sassy~ How did every thing pan out at work? How is your hubby doing?

Kate~ The family is doing great! Logan has been a lot better these past couple of days, with an exception of Friday. We had a minor incident where he thought it would be cute to go into mommy and daddy’s room to take his diaper off! (shhh! I didn’t tell Tommy about that one since I busted him before he did any damages)

SusieQ~ Nope, they didn’t tie me up (although I would have loved to have tied up Brandon and Logan on Friday for the way they were behaving!) Surprisingly, we didn’t get lost at the zoo either! And we only pulled out the map ONCE when I had to find a bathroom! That is a great poem!

Shopaholic1204
05-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Anyone wanna buy a cat?? She's on sale for $16.99, LOL!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/cats/Picture064.jpg

Sassy_Chick
05-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Thank you all. :hug: I appreciate it. The dr put dh off of work until they get the results back. I will let you all know as soon we do.

Francie -- Your kitty is adorable and looks like my Puddy.......so yes SOLD I'll buy her for $16.99! :D lol!!!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/bratangel74/Puddy.gif

FrouFrou
05-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Good morning, ladies...

FRANCIE...I love the bathing suit! And it is going to look great on you! I've been looking around and thinking about getting a new one but not sure if I will be going to the pool much this year. Your kitty is adorable too! Black is my fav color for pets and your kitty is gorgeous!

The books I got are...
Double Cross & Judge & Jury by James Patterson
The Shack by William Young
Under The Banner of Heaven...Jon Krakauer
Where Are You Now...Mary Higgins Clark
Waiting for Summer's Return...Kim Sawyer
Wedding in December...Anita Shreve
And then hubby bought me one...Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber
I was looking for Cross by James Patterson but they didn't have it except in paperback...I have some of his others that are hardcover and so wanted to stick with that. They are a series that I didn't know about, lol so now I am trying to read them in order. I won't go back but the last one I read was Mary, Mary and Cross is next and then Double Cross. Lot's of reading to do this weekend, lol.

I am with you about your mom and the eating...losing a hubby and a baby people either never talked about them or when they mentioned them they would never say their name. I too am still eating the healthy foods as well but yeah, I too have to have a balance. I feel that if I cut any specific food out it will only lead to a binge so why not work it in. Hey, I was losing doing it but just stopped.

Hope you are able to cool down...I hate the heat too. Living in CA they always said you don't need air, excuse me...if it is 90 degree's out I need air, lol. Of course a lot of the houses we lived in didn't have it. Thank goodness it was humid like some other places I lived.

SASSY...yes, make sure and keep us posted! :hug:

MINDEE...I was gonna ask if that was your mother or Tommy's. I looked at your pics on your myspace...looks like you guys had a nice time. Making me want to go to the zoo! About the bands...you can go to Leslie Sansone's website and she sells the accessories...I think the band is about $9.95, not 100% sure but I think it is.

Hiya Ms SuzyQ...any special plans for the weekend with McD?

I know what our KATY is doing, maybe, lol...working in her pile! Your yard is going to look fabulous! Heck from what I saw in the pics it already does.

SUE...hoping all is well with you.

No special plans for me today. I have lots of reading to do and laundry. Hubby is working as usual. I don't mind, sometimes, lol. Anyway...I will be back later. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!

Shopaholic1204
05-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Sassy~Great..she comes with that box..and nothing else!! YAY!!! LOL!!! When do you get the test results back?

Cristina~I'm not sure if I'll be hitting the pool anytime this summer too. I wore it last year..and the pool was filled with so much chlorine that it just dried out my skin. It was horrible. I used to wear it to water aerobics. The sad thing is..I have to wear one of those halter bras, otherwise my boobs wont stay in the cups, lol. The Mary Higgins Clark book...is that her new one? If it is, then I wanna read that sooooo bad!!! You'll have to tell me how it is. I've read something by Anita Shreve, but I just cant think of what it is. And yes...I need a/c badly. Arizona has heaters, lol. Why cant this place have air?!?! I have a fan in my freakin bathroom!!! LoL!!!

Anyways...last night was horrible. I started feeling a panic attack coming around 10. But then it hit me at 11. I tried ignore it. But I was shaking all over. Then when I tried to sleep..it just got worse. It was so freakin hot in my room. I had 3 fans on, and the window open. I was shivering, but not from the fans. I kept crying for my mom and for Fonzo. Then after I threw up..I thought I would calm down. But normally, when that happens..Fonzo is here to rub my back and hold me until I fall asleep. But instead, it just got worse. I felt like the walls were going to collapse on me. I posted messages on Myspace asking for a ride to the ER. I called the ER thinking that maybe there was a way I could get there w/o taking an ambulance. I have friends that live up and down this street and the next one..but I didnt want to go knocking on their door. I even called the ship's real ride program. But of course nobody answered, because the stupid ship isnt here. And its only for drunken sailors who need a ride. Not for anyone else!!! Anyways...this one girl finally saw my message on myspace and she gave me a ride to the ER. They gave me some anti anxiety meds and told me to talk to my doctor because I need more than just prozac. I'm gonna save the pills for the next time this happens.

I know what triggered it too. I'm so stressed out from this whole finding a house thing in MD. I'm stressed out from everything that has to get done when Fonzo gets back home. It has to be done asap too!! Things are moving really really fast..and this stupid underway period is really holding us back. And of course..the other obvious reason why..my mom.

My friend told me to go talk to her shrink. She suffers from panic attacks too..so I'm gonna try to do that. I had an appointment last time, and I had a panic attack and didnt go, lol.

Anyways..I gotta go wait for my groceries to come. LoL!! I ordered them online.

Mom2Gaby
05-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Good Morning

Surviving the heat here! After 75 degree's I just want to whine and it was high 90' yesterday so I was whining a lot. Today is cooler, thank goodness!

Sassy - Keeping your husband in my thoughts!

Francie - Beautiful poem, when did your mother pass away? Your kitty is adorable and the swimsuit is too. I even liked seeing what books you have in the photo. lol

Mindee- Yeah, you survived the zoo?? How far away do you live from it? I think I am about 4 miles or so...not far.

Cristina - Wow, love all the books you have!! Congrats to J & C on getting married, how romantic in Hawaii on the beach.

Hugs and hello to Jules, Katy, and Sue!

I guess I have plans w/ McD. I am getting in my weird mood again of just wanting *my time*.....being lazy, reading and window shopping.....all on my own w/ no kids or no man. lol

When I lost my dad in May or 06 I mourned for a year, a year of cring and being distraught. I would have to pass his gravesite everyday on my way to and from work....and I would cry. I would take flowers every Friday and sit there and want him to be alive again.
It only ended when I went into Kaiser for help because after a year I was thinking of ways to die. Because losing him took me back to being a child and feeling lost and lonely. That (when I was a 9 years old) is when I started turning to food for comfort.
In my loss of him I felt I would never heal now. I would always be the lost girl in search of her protector. Because that is what I wanted him to always be....
and I felt if I mourned him as strongly as I did it was at least keeping him in my thoughts and alive in a way.
So, after a year I learned that in letting go I wasn't saying good bye, I wasn't going to forget him. It just meant I wanted to be happy again and not grieve....and celebrate his life, and remember his laughter.
I still want him back though but it doesn't hurt as much. And he still can be my protector even in death.

ah, that is my ramble.

I did my hair a hazelnut color, it looks better to me. Gaby put on my rubber gloves I use for cleaning and wanted to help me. haha, she is my sweety. And I am not very happy w/ her father because he promised child support on the 16th and yesterday when I asked he said no, didn't have it. Just in his attitude, annoyed me. He just has to take care of himself first, he even said that. Noticed he had a new haircut and can afford weekly trips in from the coast, must cost him a small fortune.....plus he smokes and has to support that habit. whatever, burned my butt!
And when Gab saw him she asked to go to the park and he said no he was tired, beat and had to take care of himself first. I could have strangled him. So, don't come in on a Friday!! Wait til Saturday when you are rested....Gab doesn't want to watch you sleep, moron.

k- my 2nd ramble....lol

Adios Chicka's!!! :)

Shopaholic1204
05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Susan~My mom passed away May 28, 2006. My aunt (my mom's older sis) passed away June 28, 2006. I understand what you're saying. Losing my mom made me feel like a child all over again. I lost everything. I still feel very lost in my life. After she died..I really lost my mind and tried to end it all. I wasnt allowed to be in the kitchen by myself cuz of the sissors and knives. I could only drink from plastic cups. It was pretty bad. When Fonzo deployed, I thought it was my way out..but I was hurting him more by being that way. In the end..I really changed for him. I had to get back on better anti depressants. I'm still mourning..I've tried letting go..but its very hard. Maybe its too soon for me? Who knows.

As for your ex..take him back to court. He is being really selfish!!! He reminds me of my father-ugh.

FrouFrou
05-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Hello again...

FRANCIE & SUSAN...to me there is never letting go. People always told me I had to get over it and move on with my life...what?! Easier said than done. Then people asked me how I forgot or how I got over it...my answer was and still is "You never get over it, or forget...you just learn how to deal with it." And that is what I did...I dealt with it. You never forget and I always thought that weird, people thinking you just get over the death of a loved one. I know it's different losing a spouse but it's a loss all the same. They will always be with us, always. Hugs to you both :hug:

FRANCIE...I do hope you are feeling better today missy. And, I am glad that you got a ride to the ER. :hug: It's always good talking to someone in my opinion. Sometimes the people around us can't really relate to what we are going thru and just don't know what to say or do. Death is always a touchy subject with people...I think they think if they don't talk about it it doesn't happen.

SUSAN...hugs to you missy. :hug: I know how you loved your daddy. Just know he is always with you. And sorry the ex is being a jerk, ugh! Hey, you need to take a pic of your new haircolor!

Better get going...not getting much of anything done.

Have a good one ladies!

Mom2Gaby
05-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Francie - wow, our parents passed away so close to each other, my dad was Sunday May 21st. I had such guilt when he died because he went into the hospital on a Friday and I thought I would go up to the hospital on Sunday, after the weekend errands were completed.
*sigh* I was too late. My sister called at 11am ish (on Sunday) and said he was in trouble and family needed to get up there asap.
I was the 1st one up and the doctor comes out and tells me dad's heart has stopped 3 times and they revived him 3 times, what did the family want if it happens again?? I said to just keep him alive until we could all get there and say good bye. And the hospital staff did , my dad died like 3 hours later.
A parents death just shakes you to the bone and takes you back to being 6 years old again, for sure. My way of wanting to die involved driving my car at rush hour into a freeway barrier..and I would have the news helicopters flying overhead. I started thinking about this everyday while stuck in traffic. It was so dramatic....the more I thhought about it the more huge it became....ha. I think the emotional toll came out in me becoming so sick and worn down physically.
Now with my nephew (who was 16 and passed in Sept 07) I mourn for him but I mourn also for my sister. She will never be the same and it is so sad that she is in such pain.
So many hugs to you. I am so sorry for your losses. :hug:

Cristina - and you too :hug::hug: I can't imagine what you have gone through but you are a strong person and I appreciate so much your insight & support over the years. You are a sweety!

Ya, lets take the sorry arse back to court. lol My mom doesn't even want to hear it, says I have to just let it go. I am going to write how I feel and give him a letter. I never get 2 words out before he feels *uncomfortable* and can't talk. Poor baby. I wish I got the luxury of doing what I want when I want.

So, I am dragging my butt across the street to McD's and enjoying something on the grill. I talked to him and he had his kitchen gadgets all ready to go. How can I tell him I want *me time*??? I will have *me time* when I am asleep, I guess. haha.

I better go!! :hug::hug::hug: to everyone. :)

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 05:48 PM
just popping in quickly......Tommy had a Lodge function tonight, and I really didn't feel like taking the kids to it to sit and try and keep all three of them quiet while they do the degree. So, I opted out of this one, and we (okay, so I am) are counting down the time before bed time!!!!!

Tommy was playing Tom's garage, so he didn't get home with dinner until 7:30 last night. Then today he had to work until 2:30, then came home long enough to shower and get dressed then out the door he went. I told him that I was going to have him get me some alcohol yesterday but I forgot. Now, I am in between if I really want it or if I just want the idea of it.

Sassy~ I will send some prayers up that all the test results come back good.

SusieQ~ We are about a half hour to 45 minutes away from the zoo. I would love to take them all the time, since it is a nice workout. But we generally don''t have all the money in the world to make that a possibility! Your ex burns my butt and I don't even know him!

Cristina~ Yup, that was my MIL in the pictures. My FIL was going to go with us, but it ended up being too cold for him when we got there, and then it warmed up around the time we left. So, it was a good thing that he stayed at home.

Francie~ I love your book selections! Are those ones that you are reading soon? Or ones that you have read already?

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
here is the link to our zoo trip pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/first%20zoo%20trip%205-15/ (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/first%20zoo%20trip%205-15/)

you have to type in the password brandon to view them

Sassy_Chick
05-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Girls. Happy Saturday!!! DH is doin a bit better. He goes for his stress test on Monday, so it will be a while for those. He got his blood work, EKG and chest xrays done on Friday, so maybe get those back on Monday or Tues. I'll keep you all updated -- don't worry! lol. Lastnight we did go to Wal-mart to get some healthier foods, but I made him use the scooter-cart so he didn't have to walk all the way through it. We got some veggies, cheerios, corn flakes, yogurt. We are grillin out tonight. He roasted me some red peppers on the grill. Yum! My fav!!! And we're havin cucumber salad too.

Well gotta go ttfn!

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Sassy~ I will continue to say some prayers. I used one of those scooter carts when Logan was trying to meet us before he was ready to! Tommy said that I wasn't allowed to drive them because I kept running him over or blocking him from going somewhere.

Shopaholic1204
05-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey all..just stopping by real quickly.

I'm having another weird night. I took a nap this afternoon..and ate some food afterwards. But then later on tonight..I dunno what happened. Fonzo called me...and I just got really sad all over again. I had a mini panic attack while watching Pirates of the Caribbean. So I started doing my nails and that seemed to have helped a little bit. So by the time the 3rd Pirates movie came on..I went into the bedroom and started reading my mag. All the love talk in the movie made me cry. Not even the part where Orlando Bloom looked totally gorgous cheered me up. It only made me more depressed. Fonzo called me about 3 more times..and during the 3rd time, I had a breakdown and started crying. He hates it when I get like this and he cant be here with me. So he's gonna try really really hard to fly up here to be with me when the ship pulls in for 3 days. It'll only be for 3 days, but it'll be totally worth it. I miss him so much..I just need him here. Please keep your fingers crossed that this actually happens. I'm falling apart without him.

Anyways..Sorry for being such a drama queen right now. I better go get my cats and shut us all in the bedroom for the night. Its the coolest place in the house right now. I hate seeing my kitties suffer. :( I have to refill their water bowl at least twice a day..and they're afraid of the ice cubes that I put in it..LOL!!!

tommysgirl18
05-18-2008, 12:57 PM
just popping in while I have a quick second. we have to run to Walmart in a little bit when Tommy gets back from doing the laundry. And wouldn't you know it, they are giving away ice cream sundaes (complete with toppings) until 4pm. I called Tommy and he said "I am watching the news now. I was just thinking that (about going)." I didn't mention it to the kids, but since we have to go there anyways we will keep it as a surprise for them!

Francie~ What color did you paint your nails? I hate when it gets too hot......when we lived in our mobile home before Brandon was born, we used to have to put all the windows open, and we usually took a couple of cold showers a day just to stay cool!

Shopaholic1204
05-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Mindee~Mmmm I would love a ice cream sundae right about now. Its so flippin hot in here, lol. I have 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer. They have to last until the next paycheck, lol. I didnt paint my nails yet. I just filed, buffed & shined them.

Anyhoo..I just got done cleaning. I mopped the floors too. Ughh what a drag. I'm covered in sweat and have 3 fans pointing at me right now, lol. I put the shower curtain in the wash cuz it was started to smell weird, lol. When thats done, I'm gonna take a nice long shower and then put my hair up in a braid. I'm gonna be all retro about it too, lol. I'm seriously hating my long hair right now. I wanna chop it off. Its soooo hot & heavy. I hate having thick hair. Anyways...I better go start a load of laundry. I wanna try to get as much done as possible today.

Mom2Gaby
05-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Happy Sunday......

Francie- I put ice cubes in my cats water too! Trying to keep him cool but he seems to like the water dripping from the tub . Scares Gaby when she is on the toilet and he jumps out of the tub. You're not a drama queen, I am just hope we are some support to you, you're not alone :)

Mindee- The year zoo membership will cost me $95 -something like that. It includes 2 adults in the family, plus the children and 1 guest per visit. I think it is a good deal because just Gab and myself would cost $19 a visit. Plus w/ summer they have summer concerts so that will be fun and it is so close. blah - blah....lol I will have to go check out the pictures of the zoo trip!

Sassy - Crossing fingers for some positive results on your husband! Hang in there!

Dinner last night was soooo good. I only had 3 peanut butter crackers during the day so I was starved and McD only had a maple bar, so it was like he was serving the Last Supper. haha.
He made New york steak on the grill and sauteed mushrooms to go on top, which I love, it is so good. He made a nice salad w/ avacodo's and shrimp, corn on the cob and pasta w/ this basil topping , it was so rich....plus my favorite cheesebread....and he made a chocolate cake for dessert.
I saved on calories by drinking diet 7-up. lol.....after that meal though it will take me days to get back on track.
We went to Tyron park and walked on the wooded trails w/ his dog and after dinner we watched "Bobby" because Rach brought it home.
And I call him McD because he is an awesome kisser and something about last night he kind of out did himself....lol , so I had fun!

Now I am hanging w/ Rebecca before Gaby comes home. I have to finish my letter to her father.

I had oatmeal w/ apple slices for breakfast and my fvorite tenderloin is on sale this week for 5.99!! Yeah.

k- wishing you all a super Sunday!!

Mom2Gaby
05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Mindee- Just sneaking back in to say I loved the zoo photos, especially the last one of the whole family! You all look great and I think I have said it before you are a natural mother!

Francie - Is it really hot up north today?? Only suppose to be 76 here today so I am happy!

I was also meaning to add that I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday for Gaby to attend summer academy! It is through the Portland schools and is sponsored by Nike to help children who will be in 1st grade in the Fall. It is to provide support and make them successful and her teacher and I agreed that would be great for Gaby. So the teacher had to sumbit an application and Gab was accepted so I am thrilled. We go May 29th for a cookie get together ( I am not eating cookies! :) ) and pick up her schedule and the letter said bus pass too but heck if Gab is going public transportation, she is only 6...lol. They can give me a Shell credit card if they want! haha

:wave: Hello to our other Kindergarteners Jules, Sue, Katy, Sassy, & Cristina (and anyone passing though is welcome to join us!)

Chat tomorrow......

FrouFrou
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello ladies...

Hugs to you Francie! I forgot to answer you about the Mary Higgins Clak book, it is her new one and I can't wait to read it. I've always been a fan of her. I really like James Patterson too and I hate getting into a series of anything...didn't even know the book I read and a couple of the others were a series. Like with Catherine Coulter...I've read a few of hers as well and never thought about them being a series. I don't think you have to read them in order but with the JP ones...there's things that happened with his personal life and I won't go back and read the ones I haven't, lol. Just move forward with them, lol. Hope you are feeling better today and that Fonzo gets to come home! :crossed:

SUSAN...I'm thinking it's all that homecooking, lol! He's getting to you thru your stomach. Of course my stinking mouth was watering reading what he made...I love a man that cooks! Hopefully the ex reads your letter, the dummy! Apparently, he thinks it's all about him. All this talk of the Zoo is making me want to go!

MINDEE...the pictures are nice! I thought you guys looked a little chilly.

SASSY...hope you and your hubby have a nice weekend!

Nothing much going on with me today. Mowed the back and front yard. V was out working in the yard and so I joined him and did the mowing today. I was bored what can I say. It is such a nice day today, was nice yesterday too...in the 80's. Just being lazy now and going to get some more reading done. Wanting to finish the book I am reading, Little Children, tonight. Don't think it will happen though...maybe tomorrow. Anywho...

Have a good one!

Shopaholic1204
05-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Susan~My cats are afraid of the bathtub because we give them baths, lol. I put some ice in their water just now..and they're looking at it like its some funky bug or something, lol. I'm not sure how hot it is today..but I am sweating!! I have all the fans on right now. Its really warm in here.

Cristina~I've read everything by MHC..I cannot wait to buy her new book!!! She's one of my fave authors.

Well..I better get back to watching Bend it like Beckham. I'm gonna be watching the Oxygen channel for the rest of the night, lol. Oh ya..One of my BIL is graduating from High school next week!! YAY!!

suetalks
05-18-2008, 10:26 PM
You ladies have been chatting up a storm in here. I won't even try to catch up. Just will say "hi" to all and keep up the good work. All this walking and exercising and WATP's. Great job!

I am another avid reader here..and love MHC. Now I have to get her latest book. I went to a garage sale at my neighbor's and bought 10 new books...all pretty recent. Then my friend gave me 7 more by Fern Michael's. I have to get busy with my reading. Trouble is, with this new tv programming we ordered and the new faster internet I keep playing elsewhere and not reading. So, okay, along with my new leaf (eating) tomorrow I will also turn a new leaf on priorities and make reading one again.

Been getting my exercise in the yard this past week. I planted 20 plants and shrubs over 2 days along with mulching. Ouch, my legs were sore. I plan to get plants from DD and a friend tomorrow and dig in some more dirt. If everything blooms and grows I will take pictures. :)

tommysgirl18
05-19-2008, 12:18 AM
hello ladies...how is every one?

I am just popping in here quickly. I have to make some adjustments on Brandon's speech package that is in his folder. I have been meaning to put them in there, to kind of give his speech therapist a helpful hint in trying to get him to say the sounds that she has been working on him with. I am also going to push myself to work more with him on it, as oppose to the 10 minutes, that she recommends.

Francie~ Right now, my nails look like crap. I had them all polished up and they were so long that a friend of ours thought they were fake! but then we went bowling, and my thumb nail got all weird on me from putting it into the thumb hole. Our cat, Joker, used to sleep next to the toilet to keep cool. As for the ice cream sundaes.....they were out by the time we got there!

SuzieQ~ Sounds like you had a great night with McD! I think for a family membership to the zoo is around the same price as yours, maybe a little more. And, I believe it is 2 adults, three children, and one guest. They always have different concerts going on during the summer. And they even have what they call the Zoo Boo, where the kids can go trick or treating through the zoo in October. thank you for the nice comments about the pictures. It was a lot of fun, but I wish our camera would have cooperated for the whole time we were there. But it just gives us an excuse to go back!

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments on the pictures. In the pictures of us by the fountain, the fountain was actually spraying the water and the wind was carrying it, so we were getting a little wet. The first set of them, we were in our jackets, we were getting ready to get into the zoo and it was still cold out......but it warmed up by the time we left!

Francie~ YAY for your BIL!

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! How is your mom doing?

Shopaholic1204
05-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Sue~Used books are awesome!! I have a habit of buying a billion used books and finish them all in days, lol.

Mindee~Well..I had a weird day. First I painted my nails black..but then I went to take the clothes out of the dryer..and my nails got all smudged. Even though I sprayed them with this quick drying spray. After that, I decided to try this polish I found in the bedroom. It looked really pretty in the bottle..but when I put it on..it was way too light. I couldnt stand it. So after that, I thought about painting my nails red..but my toes are painted black..and I didnt wanna be all black & red..lol. So I painted them pink. Its actually called, Twisted Pink, lol. So now I'm black & pink. Woohoo, lol. That sucks about the sundaes. My cats sleep on the kitchen floor or the glass table to keep cool. Sometimes they even fall asleep on the window sill because I keep windows open during the day.

Anyways...my night was rather boring. I mostly did laundry and watched movies on the Oxygen channel. Then after that I watched this show called Snapped..and man, those women are CrAzY!! LoL!!

I do have some good news though..but it turns a little iffy. I found some houses in MD in our price range!!! However..because Fonzo is gone right now..the houses could be snapped up quickly. Who knows really. They're really nice. And I found them all on this military website. People put up their homes for sale or rent on the website. The houses that I found though are about 40 miles away from where Fonzo would be working. So I'm not sure how he would feel about that. I'm not sure how far away 40 miles is exactly, but it sounds far, LOL!!! Oh ya..when I was putting my underwear away..I found a magnet on the dresser for MilitaryOneSourse.com..and it says they can help with relocation. So I'm gonna check that out in a few mins.

Well..I'm gonna go check out the site before going to bed. I feel another flippin panic attack coming on (I felt it when I started talking about moving)..so I'm gonna take one of those pills again tonight. I just wanna watch the news first. I'm praying for some rain so it can cool down a little bit in here. Its really nice outside..but inside its burning up!!

suetalks
05-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Mindee- Thanks for asking about Mom. She is packing and preparing to go to TN with her sis. They have rented a house on a lake and her 3 sisters from PA will join them. It should be fun for all of them. They range in age from 72 to 85. They will then go to FL and I got Mom a flight from there home in 2 weeks. I am feeling a bit like a mother hen in worrying about her, trying not to. She has felt so much better since the epidural and getting off the morphine. I know that was making her "foggy" and confused. She still has slight pain in her hip which is arthritis. She has gained back up to over 120 from a low of 108 pounds. She would like to be around 135-140 for all her clothes to fit . We did find her a few smaller things for her to take on her trip and she is mostly packed. I will Baby sit....and probably spend 2 weeks worrying. But, it's like your kids, ya gotta let them fly away. :)

Shopaholic1204
05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Ugh..I'm grouchy right now. I was woken up by someone knocking on my door. It was probably the dude that would be installing the meters outside. I was supposed to have turned my back light on, and since I was asleep..I didnt do it. So he came knocking on the door. But he used the freakin door knocker!!! LoL!! So all I heard was this weird tapping sound. Anyways..I dragged my sleepy butt out of bed and turned the effin light on. So then I get back to bed and try to fall asleep again..the effin power goes out. Grrrrrr..I cannot sleep when its so freakin quiet. Then like 20 mins later the power comes back on. So I just got online to see if Fonzo emailed me..and here I am. LoL!! Oh..and my nice little laundry thread is turning into some debate about dryers. Whatever. Just another manic monday, right?

Mom2Gaby
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Good Morning to all you fine Chick's!!

I am going to vent for a second because if I don't I shall burst with ANGER!! lol

So, my writting to to Father of the Year didn't go so well. I forgot the letter and I was picking Gaby up at the pool. I was too lazy to go back and get it.

I got to the pool after Gaby had been there for 90 minutes swimming and Gaby went running off with one of her school friends who had just gotten there. Gab was in the pool.

He had wanted my keys to throw the bags in my car and I said no just bring the bags inside. So, he took off and Gaby took off so I was standing there and thought what the ****.

While Gaby was occupied I walked outside and met FOTY at my car and we conversed for a minute.....if that is what you call it.

The discussion didn't last long because his point of view refused to take my point of view even in to consideration.

He denied ever saying he would have child support on the 16th and when he said I should maybe write things down so I wasn't confused, I turned and said good bye. I know what I heard and I told him it wasn't even about the money, just his sucky attitude. I didn't say sucky though.

This morning I was unpacking Gaby's overnight bag and all her clothes were dirty. I was fuming. It cost me $4 a load for laundry, she always goes with clean clothes and is it too much to ask that they are returned cleaned?? I think not, especially when grandpa has machines down in his basement. Also, I was upset that after he says he has no money for Gaby he went out and bought a tent and sleeping bags. No regard for Gaby and her needs for the week. I mean, I don't ask for money if I don't need it AND he didn't pay anything in April at all and I got behind in my electric because of it.

So, I called FOTY and was thinking his machine would pick up and I would leave a cheery message about how clean clothes returned would be appreciated!!!

He answered though and we started a discussion about clothes, his attitude and child support. It escalated to the point of him saying "it really is about you and your potential Susan". And I said "excuse me??" He said it was me that wasn't working and I could go out and get a job.

I said I am bringing in close to $1,900 a month in unemployment benefits and he said I could go out and earn more.

mmmm, sure. I am LOOKING for a job and there isn't a whole lot of $19/ $20 dollar positions out there. I have to have a Bachelor degree just to land a $16 dollar an hour job.

I replied...."since you are being so rude I will just say I have held my job for 5 years, at least I wasn't always quitting"....

He said something about feeling ok with what he provides Gaby (($121 a month - court ordered)) and reminded me that he paid $300 extra for her after care last Fall. And I snapped and said you are still $6,000 in arrears and he hung up on me.

oops, I wasn't finished!

So, I called back and said I wasn't finished and said never to call my house again since he is so disrespectful and that he needs a rude awaking what it takes to be a real parent. And reminded him that it has been me that paid $280 a month for Gaby's medical all these years, he has never provided that for her.

He made a point of saying "I never ask you want you do with child support." Because I mentioned the tent and sleeping bags. Oh, I spend alone $700 on rent, plus utilities, car, insurance, food, clothes, gas for the car which is 3.95 this morninng....slupree's ......everyday stuff! No trips every weekend to the coast.......moron.....he really thinks $121 is all I need??

anyway - what a f-ing ding bat. :devil:

FrouFrou
05-19-2008, 02:04 PM
DO NOT POST HERE!!! Please and Thank you :D

See ya at BIK #45