Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default So nervous...

This may sound nutty - but, I am feeling SO stressed out about my weight. As you know I got to 199 this week. I am so, so grateful and happy. Yet, I am 'afraid' to weigh in next week....that it might be back to 200. I don't like it that I am so focused on that number. I guess, as we talked about, it is one of my "magic numbers". This whole journey for me has been about having sanity with food - and the weight coming off the by-product. But, now - it's that number.

Has this ever happened to you?

Maybe, I'll skip weighing for a week to take the focus off of the scale.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Beverly - I would go ahead and weigh in. *You* have control over the scale, it doesn't have control of you.

It's just a number, and no matter what it says, if you follow your plan - you are in control.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

if you can stand the suspense put off weighing for a few days. Then you will get a big thrill when you do step on the scale and see what you have lost.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If you have been doing the same thing that brought you down to 199 lbs, this past week, then you have nothing to fear come your next weigh-in, nothing.

But I do know EXACTLY what you mean. I too was GREATLY looking forward to that number and in fact, I was reluctant to even call if "official" for a couple of days. But the fear of losing that number really, really kept me *focused* for the weeks that followed. I was simply not willing to see a "2" in front of my weight ever, ever again. So in the same vein as what Fiberlover said, it really is you (us) that has control over that scale. So I say *contol* that scale and there is nothing to fear......
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Yup, I'm at that number right now. It's the exact number I always settled on after the kids were born. (my youngest is ahem, 11! ) I'm trying to just not think about it, sticking to plan and will probably stay off the scale until next weekend(17th/18th).

Work your plan and give it time, when the number drops a lb or two you'll feel great and your confidence that this time it will stick will skyrocket!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 05-10-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Beverly, I went through this too. Like the others have posted, just keep on doing what you've been doing and soon 199-200 will just be a distant memory!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #7  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Jumping on the bandwagon here

As long as you are staying On Plan and not "celebrating", you have nothing to fear from the scale. Even if it bounces back up, you'll know it's just a bounce and as long as you continue the behaviors that got you down to 199, YOU KNOW, the scale will continue to go down in the long run. If you skip your WW meeting, the suspense is all the more, the importance of the number just increases, and you'll have more opportunity to be tempted to go off plan.

Last edited by WebRover; 05-10-2008 at 09:37 AM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #8  

Thanks, folks. I knew that you would understand how I am feeling. I will try to carry on with my plan - it should be fine. I won't let that dumb scale run my head.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-10-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Beverly, I understand completely. What helps me is to look at my weight range rather than a single weight. In other words, on any day I range about 5 lbs (sometimes more). The weight on my ticker is the lower end of that range. So, if I weigh 185 in the morning, in my nightgown barefoot after peeing and before eating or drinking coffee, that is my weight, but if I weigh later in the day it may be 188 or 190, and if I eat a lot of salt, then the next morning I may weigh in at 186 or 7. It still means the lower end of my range is 185 and I will never see anything above 190 again unless I have gained. Weighing once a week helps this and if you are really freaked out, by all means take a scale break. But if you have been on plan and you weigh in at 200 this week, it doesn't mean that you haven't obtained 199, it just means you can't set the lower end of your weight range lower than 199 and you maintained this week. I hope that makes some sense to you. It's very helpful to me to look at it this way! Our weight varies constantly, and as long as the trend of your weight range is downward, then you are doing great.

By the way, I completely understand the need to get away from that 200 as quickly as possible. I still feel that way and want to put as many numbers between me and it as I can!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Beverly, you have done so well so far! Whatever the scale shows, you rock! You're a supportive forum-friend, considerate, and kind. The scale is "just numbers." Who you are is more important!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Beverly, you are doing amazing!! I am thrilled for you being 199. I know that feeling, though. For me, the answer was to weigh every morning. It made me feel pretty non-emotional about the actual weigh in after I started doing it daily. I hate the scale having power over me. Although I admit I feel fatter when the scale SAYS I am!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #12  

Thanks again! You have all helped me in many ways. I appreciate it greatly.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

WARNING TOUGH LOVE AHEAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I will try to carry on with my plan - it should be fine.
Excuse me young lady. You will try and carry on with your plan? Come now. What kind of talk is that ? I gotta tell you, you scared me a bit with this line. You have come too far and done too amazingly well and know all the incredible benefits of this healthy lifestyle to be speaking in those tones. There is no turning back now. Just continuing on. Plugging away. There are still more stupendous rewards ahead for you.

What is it they say? The difference between try and triumph is a little umph? Well, that's what we wanna here... a little more umph. Atta girl.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-11-2008 at 07:41 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #14  

Oh , Robin! Yes, I will carry on. Thanks for your wonderful reminder, friend! I have no intention of turning back to my food craziness. Thanks for caring.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm in the same boat; I was gone all weekend (just got back) and made good food choices the whole time, but I didn't work out yesterday and I have yet to work out today, so I'm nervous. It's stupid! I'm going to be fine. But TOM is also looming, and that's making me nervous too.

So yes, I get exactly how you're feeling. I'm sure we'll both be fine, but I completely understand.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote