Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #1  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default I want chips, I Want Chips, I WANT CHIPS!!!

I want chips. Plain unadulterated potato chips to stuff in my mouth and chew and chew and chew. I feel I'm on the verge of a binge and I want to lose weight more than I want the chips but I'm having trouble believing that right now. I've been very good since Christmas-only one mini binge where I found myself in my son's walk-in pantry, in the dark, stuffing my face with potato chips-but I stopped when I realized what I was doing, but I still had a good fistful or five. Now I feel I need a bag of chips to make my life complete and I know how ridiculous that sounds but I want them. I'm even thinking about going to the store to buy pears (on sale) and possibly buying a bag for my mother who lives with us. Last time I did that I had a few but not a binge-just a handful passing by but now I'm getting devious in my thinking. I'm starting to plan meals around potato chips as a side dish. I need those chips. I've been thinking about them since dinner (lunch) seven hours ago. I'm not really hungry as I've had a nice snack about 2 hours ago and will probably have another little one soon but I want chips. I can't go for a walk right now as no one is home to watch mom and it's raining out and I don't want water I want chips. My husband just took the car to visit his mother. My son just took his car to visit his GF and I can't get to the store tonight but tomorrow's coming. I hope all this writing will get this out of my system. ...sigh...my salivary glands are working really well right now.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Why do you "need" them? What would happen if you don't eat them?

I think sometimes it's a mental thing. If you convince yourself that you need them and won't be happy or satisfied without them, then that is how you will feel. But if you can force yourself to believe that you don't really "need", you just "want" them, it may go easier. Maybe you could plan to have them once a week as a special treat.

Maybe I'm wrong? What do you think?
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #3  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

If you want chips that badly then have some. Just do it sensibly. Buy a small single serving instead of a large family bag. Tomorrow when you go for your walk or go to the gym, add a little extra to your workout.
chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Ok, take a deep breath. Do some push ups, lunges, jumping jacks, whatever. Often times, if I say I can have it tomorrow, it usually goes away. Or, maybe you want to crunch and are craving crunchy salt. How about baby carrots with hummus? Or, even celery with plain yogurt seasoned with salt, and some chili powder? I know how it feels to be out of control, but just try to hang in there. The binge will pass, but if you give in, you'll have all the associated guilt and that may make you lose focus. You have been so focused. Don't lose sight of what you want. Do pushups, punch a pillow, but don't give in.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #5  
it is what it is

S/C/G: 167/167/130

Height: 5'4"

Default please don't eat the chips

just think how great you feel when you don't give into these crazy cravings. remember, its just a sallty fattening processed food item made to tempt the **** out of us all. you can do it!!!!!!
lachae49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

You know that nasty little devil on TV who wants people to smoke? Well, it's his brother who tries to get you to eat chips and me to eat chocolate. I tell him to shove off. Sometimes, to really cheese him off, I eat a tiny amount of chocolate, to take the tension off me, and it makes him crazy to see me put the rest away. (Try Baked Lays with low fat sour cream dip)
I'm in NL, too!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #7  

Don't worry. If you don't think about them you'll realize you won't need them. There's a few food items I used to have every day and then I slowly cut back on them and eventually didn't need them! You can also associate chips with something you absolutely hate so every time you see a chip you'll taste or think about the other repulsive thing. There are some great healthy chip alternatives too..of course the baked version of your favorite brand..but one of my favorites is Pop Chips..
THEY ARE AMAZING and come in so many flavors! Soy crisps are good...Guiltless Gourmet, Pirates Booty, Kettle bakes, etc. Or try baking your own with low carb/low fat whole wheat tortillas!! You can do it!
lauren says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

You don't need those greasy little fat bombs! You really don't. You are WAY stronger than potato chips, they've got NOTHING on you! You can resist this wild craving, and it will PASS. You ae strong and you are resourceful and you are smart about putting healthy stuff in your body! You can resist! Hang in there!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #9  
Daisy

S/C/G: 199/194/145

Height: 5'3"

Cool Hold On

You know the guilt you will have if you give in!! But when I have been faced with a craving,(mine is wine) I'll have one glass, that way I don't go binging. So rather than go buy a big bag so you CAN(and you know you will) over do it, get one out of a machine, (yes only one). And deduct the points, if your doing WW and keep going. Good luck, we all feel your pain.
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #10  
Isabella

Thank you everyone. I found some snack size Pringles in my mom's room and opened up a little pack and had 4 chips, brushed my teeth and told myself the mouth was closed for the night. I hope this is gone by tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/150/136

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! There is nothing wrong with 4 chips, and you did great controlling yourself!

I am seriously wanting Sour Patch Kids and a Coke. I keep telling myself tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow (this has gone on for about a week) and so far tomorrow hasn't come.
queenofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #12  
Isabella

Chip craving gone!!! I'm punching a few numbers and foods into fitday to see if I'm eating enough. I was wanting chips all day but it wasn't until evening that it became almost unbearable. Maybe I was hungrier than I thought. Thanks again for all your support. It really helped to write it all out and read your replies.