Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default nice comments...

even though i have barely lost any weight.. i must have done something right as 3 people both asked me if i had lost weight today.. perhaps its my bodies ridiculously quick reaction to exercise (always the same) toning everything up and pulling it all in?

who knows! all i know is that it has really helped spur me on to continue my journey... so much so i have done extra exercise today!

what do you think when people comment on your losses so far?

lets make this one big happy thread full of ego boosts!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Awesome Paula!

I think it's nice when someone compliments the loss! My mom told me today I looked great, not fat at all and scoffed at how much I told her I had left to lose. That was really flattering and made my day!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #3  
Stepping Up

yay josephine! what an amazing compliment!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I love it.

I love it when I run into someone I haven't seen in a while and they do a double take. That always makes me smile.

Last week a photographer friend was in from out of town and we were doing model shoots. He only sees me about 3x a year so the loss is very obvious to him, since the last time he saw me was in January. At one point I was sort of b*tching about the fact that I'd have to buy new jeans again soon because mine are falling off. His response (which made my whole week) was "it's worth it, because you look f***ing awesome!"

*big beaming grin*

Last edited by PhotoChick; 05-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #5  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I love it when people comment on it! I feel proud that someone has noticed my hard work!

Someone at work the other day told me I need to buy new pants because mine are too baggy. I LOVED hearing that, since it wasn't too long ago they were so tight I could see the outline of my undies!
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #6  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
I love it.

I love it when I run into someone I haven't seen in a while and they do a double take. That always makes me smile.

Last week a photographer friend was in from out of town and we were doing model shoots. He only sees me about 3x a year so the loss is very obvious to him, since the last time he saw me was in January. At one point I was sort of b*tching about the fact that I'd have to buy new jeans again soon because mine are falling off. His response (which made my whole week) was "it's worth it, because you look f***ing awesome!"

*big beaming grin*

haha that is awesome!! this thread is so cool! One of my friend's mom's told me that I completely changed my look...that was one of my favorites...
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #7  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I hate to say this, but recently an aquaintance of mine asked me if I was losing weight because I looked like it, I told her I had lost a little and she said, "Well it looks like you've lost at least 25lbs" I thought she just either was 1) trying to flatter me 2) didn't really see the "real" me (hadn't been paying attention to what I looked like) and was just trying to flatter me. I doubt very much if the little weight I've lost makes a difference yet, but who knows?
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #8  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I actually have to say that sometimes I don't like the nice comments I get from people. Mostly from people at work. I have lost over 50 pounds total, and the last 30 of that were at my current job. We had a biggest loser contest from January through April at work, and I won, so people knew I was losing weight. I get so many compliments about how thin I am and how great I look, and while it does feel good, at the same time it makes me uncomfortable. I think it's 2 things: 1) I don't really feel skinny - I still know about the flab around my midsection that just won't seem to go away but is easy to hide with the right clothing, so I don't feel these people are right that I'm skinny and 2)I'm not used to people looking at me and saying something about how I look - I've always tried to stay in the shadows so I don't get attention, so it makes me a little uncomfortable that now people are looking at me, even if it is to say nice things. Maybe when I actually see myself as skinny I will believe them.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

comments about my weight really spurs me on to do so much better!....
its fantastic wen u get them....
n i have noticed they do tend to come in multiples....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #10  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Last night I met my friend for coffee. When I waked into the cafe she did a double take and said that my weight loss is really showing now. She sees me almost every day but hadn't noticed as much of a change until last night.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #11  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

We recently had to put our family dog of 13 years to sleep... so it's a tragedy and I drive over to my Mom's house to help her with the dog getting her to the vet...

I woke up, threw on some clothes, and hopped in the car.

I walk in the house and both my Mom and sister both said (separately), "Hi there, skinny" even with the grief we were all going through. I mean, to get a compliment like that in dire situations... that's pretty good.

(We're doing alright... it's horrible and sad, but we're managing. It really was for the best--- she was such an AWESOME dog)
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #12  
Stepping Up

condolences to you! what an awful loss x
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Aw Jen. I'm so sorry!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I used to get a lot of compliments but now everyone is like...stop losing weight...you're going to look too skinny. And that really irritates me. 1) because i have put on 4 pounds, and 2) because i still have lots of mid-body flab that i can lose. So, i love to get compliments about being skinny but not being told to stop losing weight. As long as i am doing it the healthy way, get off my butt!!! lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #15  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

My mother keeps telling me I look smaller, but the same shape!! I always get a kick out of that. She watches me exercise in the house and must tell me 5 or 6 times during my session.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote