Old 05-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Breakfast/Lunch Suggestions?

I've started counting calories again, I'm trying to lose 100+ lbs, as for exercise I plan on taking my dog for 3-4 15 minute walks throughout the day, as well as working out in the mornings for 30-60 minutes 3-5 times per week, doing cardio and strength, I will probabaly start out slow and work my way up gradually.

However I need some suggestions for breakfast and lunch, something quick, easy and affordable. I usually just eat cereal for breakfast, as I'm usually not that hungry, I really need suggestions for lunch more than anything. I usually get hungriest at night, so I've started cross stitching to keep my hands and mind busy to hopefully avoid that.

Also, I've been buying flavored water from Zehr's (a grocery store here) I don't like drinking plain water all the time, and these flavored water's are also carbonated, so it's kind of like drinking pop, except it has no calories (it has aspartane though unfortunatly) I'm just wondering if it's ok to drink these as well as plain water, just not plain water all the time?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

Last edited by Trixie14; 05-07-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

just an idea........i will take a crystal light to go pack and divide it up into 4 16 ounce water bottles. I like jsut a little bit of flavor in my water.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by debimitch View Post
just an idea........i will take a crystal light to go pack and divide it up into 4 16 ounce water bottles. I like jsut a little bit of flavor in my water.

I never even thought of doing that, some of them I find too strong and some you can barely taste! lol I've avoided buying crystal light b/c it's expensive, but it would certainly last alot longer dividing it, thanks!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

A few suggestions for morning and midday meals. I don't break these down to breakfast or lunch, because I believe it's ok to eat eggs for lunch and have a turkey sandwich for breakfast if that's what appeals!

- Oatmeal w/ fruit (I cook regular oats, but the Quaker regular organic packets are good too, if you're in a hurry)
- Yogurt w/ fruit (again I make my own yogurt, but pick something w/out added sugars and add your own fruit/flavorings/sweeteners)
- Boiled or scrambled egg and whole grain toast
- 2 egg omlette with some baby spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, a little shredded cheese (it takes less than 4 mins to whip together an omlette and it's yummy and filling for breakfast or lunch)
- 3oz of sliced turkey on whole grain bread
- Laughing cow cheese, 3oz of lunch meat, and baby spinach leaves stuffed in a whole wheat pita.
- Lentil salad (I cook lentils and the make a dressing with vinegar, oil, dijon mustard, parsley, chopped celery, etc.) and serve it cold. Make a big batch on Monday and it'll give me 5 or 6 lunches.
- Black bean and corn salad (Can of black beans, can of corn, small bottle of salsa, mix and refrigerate. I add chopped cilantro and/or chopped parsley for a fresh flavor.)
- Hummus and veggies stuffed in a whole wheat pita (I like baby spinach, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, sliced zucchnni)
- Grilled chicken breast (now that it's summer I use the outside grill, but during the winter I use the George Foreman - I will buy a packet of breasts and grill all of them at once and then take one out and chop up for a salad or sandwich)
- Coleslaw (buy the preshredded cabbage and carrot - toss with some light asian sesame dressing for a spicy slaw or some plain yogurt w/ lemon pepper for a more creamy slaw. I sometimes make this and chop a chicken breast over it for a quick lunch.)
- Spinach salad with mushrooms, mandarin orange slices, slivered almonds, and asian sesame dressing. (Again, depending on where I am in my calories, I sometimes chop a chicken breast into this.)

I know there are other things i eat regularly, but I can't think of them right now. I'll post more as they occur to me!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #5  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

i drink squash which is a basic food colourant and flavourer, but with no added sugar and its not carbonated, so its not to bad for me. food wise i often go for soup or somthing cooked these days, keeps me fuller for longer, but when i cant cook at work i take a variation of fruit and raw veg to nibble over my lunch with a main small snack like a sandwhich or cereal bar.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #6  

Whole wheat pita with scrambled eggbeaters, low fat cheddar cheese, and 2 slices Gwaltney bacon is only 220 calories and is sooo good.

Chicken Caesar salad--Romaine lettuce, fat free croutons, a tablespoon parmesan cheese, a cut up chicken breast with low fat Caesar dressing. (I buy a pack of dry Caesar dressing and add it Fat Free Kraft's Caesar and Low Fat Caesar with a little vinegar and shake to mix--I usually make 3 bottles at a time). Total cals: 300 And it's a VERY filling meal.

Dinner I sometimes have mac and cheese (I use the Kraft's boxed and use no cal butter and Fat free evaporated milk OR fat free buttermilk--really gives it a rich "kick". Sometimes I'll add a slice of low fat sharp cheddar....) Calories drop dramatically to about 190 per serving. With that I'll have a veggie, fresh pork (with fat removed, it's as low fat as chicken) and either a reduced fat roll or a piece of whole wheat toast or muffin--total around 500 calories for a very filling dinner.

Also, many of the frozen diet dinners are delicious and if you add a salad and piece of whole wheat toast, you have a great meal!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote