Old 05-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 5/5/08

Good morning. My work has let up a little, so I thought I'd start the thread. I had a great weekend. I played in a golf tournament which was fun. I actually played pretty well. DH had a terrible game and was so upset. I kept saying it's only a game, darling. On Sunday, I worked in my yard, pulling out old plants and weeds and planting new ones. I'm happy with the results. I did fairly well eating-wise this weekend. We had a couple over for dinner and the husband is in WW. I made a point-friendly meal and he was appreciative. We even had dessert. He was thrilled at his WI today--he was down!

My WI is tonight--wish me luck. I'm hoping for the big M.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: I hope you got the big "M" at WI last evening. Sometimes that's all we can shoot for! I made reservations for my mom and I to go to a tea at our local museum on Mother's Day. We've been to several there before and they're usually nice so I'm hoping this one will be as well. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also having tea in the office for my "girls" for the end of the semester.

I had a pretty hectic weekend and tonight will finally cap everything off--Saturday we had the alumni rugby game & party afterwards (weather was terrible), had to take DS #2 out to get a nice pair of black pants, Sunday worked at WW in the morning and then DH and the rest of the family went to the company food show. Let me just say that it was fried food heaven along with a lot of other things. I think my favorite was some sort of a brownie truffle (dark brownie like coating with a gooey, chocolate inside). Monday I filled in for another receptionist at another location and tonight DS #2 has Confirmation....phew! I'm tired just reading what all went on this weekend. I'd like to go home and take a short catnap before we have to leave tonight. I think we need to leave by 6:30 so I may have time to sneak a 15-minute nap in there.

The weather is gorgeous again today--it was a little cooler than yesterday but it's perfect for getting outside and walking. I was able to walk both yesterday and today so my activity is going pretty well. I need to get my night time snacking under control. I'm really having quite a time with that. I'm finally feeling better (no more crazy tired) and I really want to get rid of a few pounds. Focus, focus, focus is my mantra.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Well Melissa you must have passed all that tiredness on to me because I've been exhausted the past few days! Although it could be because I haven't been getting much sleep or because I haven't really been OP lately I still haven't gone to a meeting either...

You both had very busy weekends! One day I kind of slacked off and watched some TV, did laundry, went grocery shopping. The other day I worked OT (10 hours). This weekend I won't be heading up to my parents' like I thought, so I might end up coming into work one day and the other I need to go through all of our stuff in the basement and sort it into what we will donate, sell (I'd like to have a yard sale), and throw away.

Where are all of our other posters?!

Last edited by modkittn; 05-07-2008 at 08:12 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I'm not sure where all our posters went to but they'll be back when things quiet down for them...

Lori: I hope the tiredness passes for you--there's nothing worse than feeling "bone tired" as I call it. I'm actually feeling better and am noticing a difference in my energy level. I still have my inner fights as to going out and walking but that's normal.

I'm taking the afternoon off to get some errands done--it's been so crazy and I need to pick up some things so that I can make my tea sandwiches, etc. for tomorrow. It's supposed to be cool (56) tomorrow so having hot tea will be nice. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going to head to my meeting at noon and then grab a quick bite to eat and then a trip to the store to get what I need. It's a beautiful 74 here this morning and it's supposed to get a little warmer then t'storms and a cold front will move in.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, A tea sounds so nice. Well, I was down .5#--that was fine with me, especially how I've been eating lately. Why do those functions have so much fried food? Don't folks know that fat's bad for us?

Lori, Yes, where is everyone else? I'm sure they're busy. I have been so busy at work--just crazy. I'm in proposal ****. I finish a proposal and another RFP comes in, just nuts. Sorry you can't visit your parents.

I'm going to see my parents this weekend. My niece got us tickets to Symphony under the Stars which sounds really great. You sit on your lawn chairs and listen to the symphony and they have box dinners (had a choice, so picked something healthy).
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #6  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. I'm finally here. I'm going to even quit saying I'm going to get in here every day because obviously, I'm not!!!!

We just got back from a tour of Arizona State yesterday and today. It was fabulous! I went with my son, his best friend/roommate, & his mom. We had such a great time. They are going to have a great time there. The school is awesome, I'm so jealous! Also, the weather was perfect (obviously not how their weather will usually be!).
I did OK on my eating. Not perfect but not too bad. The other mother is in practically perfect shape and eats VERY clean so that helped alot.

I am really tired out and thankfully I don't have to work tonight or tomorrow night.

Oh, just a side note, my son played in his league finals for tennis and he won! He is league champion for his league. We were so proud of him and he just had an awesome day, just played great.

Melissa-I'm tired just reading your post! Those food shows always have the "worst" food (but it all tastes so good!).

Lori-maybe I missed it but are you moving and clearing stuff out for that or just spring cleaning?

Lisa- for being down .5. That is great. I like being down any at all. Do your parents live nearby? Have a great time with them.

Ok, gotta run. Doing a little laundry since we just got in and then just relaxing in my own house. It's great to be home. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote