WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for May

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for May

Tina
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the group of healthy-living people. :D
We follow WW and want to lose weight and be in better condition.

Come join us!!!

I hope everyone had a super weekend.
On our April thread, Maureen posted that she made some great food choices this weekend.
Dori said she was struggling but was still hanging in there.
I'm sure I used all my 35 flex points. That's what they're for.
My lab work results came back and I'm a healthy specimen. :lol:
The over-all cholestoral number was over 200, however, the doctor said that was because my HDL was extremely high. (That's very good.)
Let's hear from everyone.
Tina
:flow1:

Ladybug2680
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Doh!! Common sense told me it was May, but I posted in the April thread. Man oh man. Well I was determined that today would be a good day. However, I haven't done all that well. I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a BETA club trip to Atlanta. I hate to say it, but I'm sure I won't make the best food choices. I'm sitting here thinking if I should just put it off until Thursday and start again seriously. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing that, but I'm really tired of being fat and I need a change.

Tina
05-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Dori, you posted on the only thread that was out there at that time.
After I saw your post, it reminded me that it was May and time for a new thread.
Listen up friend......you can make good choices while you're gone.
If you are at a fast food place, get the grilled chicken and not the regular burger.
Just say NO to desserts. Do you think that sounds doable?????
:hug:

auntie
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well. It's hard to believe it's May already!!!! Where is the year going????

My food hasn't been bad today. Actually, my stomach has been bothering me for about 2 weeks and it burns after I eat. If it's not better at the end of the week, I'm going to call the doctor. I just want bland food too which is certainly not like me!!!

Dori, do it the best you can!!! We have all been there! I think it's a lifetime of struggle.

Tina, thanks for starting us off. I was going to but you beat me to it.:)

Maureen, Way to go on journalling. I know it helps.

I was talking to my trainer today (who I think was trying to kill me). My workout was very hard! My shirt was all wet when I finished. She said "getting off is the hard part, we are going to have to step up the exercise, then it will be easier to keep it off."

We had a good rain today. We could really use it. It saves me from having to water. Yea!!!

Tina
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
No watering here, either. We had a nice, steady rain most of the day. Although, now the grass will grow faster. :) Larry can't mow the yard. I've been having the "illegal alien" mowers do it every other week. Boy, it costs a lot of money to have a yard mowed!!!!!
Susan, I wouldn't be surprised if you have an ulcer.
Maureen, how is it going?
Jeanne, have you recovered from your vacation?
Dori, I hope you have a great time on your trip.
Tammy, well, I'm sure you and Tim are having a ball. :)

auntie
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, I am breaking down and calling the doctor tomorrow. I hadn't really eaten much today and realized on the way home from school I was really hungry. I made hamburgers. After I started eating about 1/2 way through it my stomach started hurting, so I stopped eating. It started burning and then it felt like some one punched me in it. Pat said "did you take zantac?" I hadn't but went and did it. It still hurts but not as bad. I really hope it is nothing much!!! I will let you know what I find out. Maybe I will lose some weight this way.

Tina, I'm glad you are getting someone to mow.
Dori, how are you doing? Take it one day at a time.
Tammy, hope you are having fun with Tim and Mickey!!!
Jeanne, how are you doing?
Maureen, I'm glad you are back!!!!

Tina
05-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Susan :hug: You are scaring me now.
Please let us know what the doctor says. Of course, he'll probably do tests.
Feel better, my friend. :hug:

maureen kempster
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi all-almost finished another day and managed to stay on program-Susan glad you're going to see a dr-that's not the way to lose weight(it hurts too much)-just wanted to check in this helps me stay accountable-glad you ladies are all here it makes this journey just a bit better-take care

maureen

Tina
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Is the world crazy----or is it just me!

First of all,
Maureen, I'm so proud of you for staying OP. You are an inspiration to me.:carrot:

Susan, tell us all about your doctor's visit.

Now-----This morning I go over to the local haircutting place to get a trim. (I haven't been to this place in awhile.) I give them my first name and they ask for my last name. That isn't necessary because I'm not going to be a regular customer. The lady looks at me with a poker face and asked me again for my last name. I say no that I just want a hair cut. Then she asks for an my last name first initial. I told her it was stupid and left. I've never done anything like that before.
I just wasn't going to give her my vital information.
The world knows too much about us anyway. So there!
Now if I could just lose a few pounds......... :lol:

maureen kempster
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
good afternoon all-still here and really trying to stick to it-according to my material I'm only allowed 18 pts per day plus the flex pts-well is anyone else having the same problem? I'm finding it very hard to stick to 18 pts!!!
Tina, good for you for sticking to your guns-I agree too many people know too much about us-what in the world does it matter what your name is you just want your hair cut!!(you should have made up a really ridiculous name & see what her reaction would be)

have a great evening
maureen

Tina
05-07-2008, 10:15 PM
:lol: :lol: Maureen, I wish I'd thought to that. What was that name Red Skelton used? Clem Kadidillhoffer.
Then she would've asked me to spell it. ;)

Susan, how are you feeling?

jar1965
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
:wave::wave:Hello Everyone!!!! Wooosh, I've missed you!
I didn't WI today! I will first thing tom. a.m. though!:^:

Dori - Hi! I hope your BETA trip went well and you made some good choices!:hug:

Susan - do you think that could be an ulcer, it kinda sounds like it!!! But, they are treatable!!!! Take care. I hope you are feeling better! Oooo, I just read you are calling your doctor. Let us know!

Tina - Hi! Vacation was good. Thank you for asking! I came back to work Monday and focused on getting my work for my base store caught up and cleaned up. Tuesday I did the second store. And then.......I was off Weds. and my daughter needed stuff for a bake sale at her school. So, guess who baked and ate and licked the beaters and bowls...........yepppers, me!:( Today, we are just preparing for Mother's Day Weekend. Like, how many pounds of strawberries and raspberries we will need to make Friday and Saturday. Wrapping paper, bows, etc..........
Last Friday we went to Avenue Fashions for Women. I loved it. I bought so many things. I had some great coupons.
I can't believe you had that experience at the "haircutting" place! Urgh!!!

Maureen - :cp: Good job on staying OP! Keep up the good work!!!

Hi Tammy!:D

Gotta run! I'm at work..........so I better .......... work.........

Hugs ~
jeanne

auntie
05-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi,
I went to the doctor today. I love her and have been going to her a long time!!! I told her all my symptoms and she said "I don't have to do any tests because I know it's an ulcer" So, I now have to take Nexium before breakfast, before lunch and zantac before bed. I go back in 2 weeks and if I am not better I have to go to a gastro doctor. She thinks this will take care of it. If I am better, then I will be on something for 12 weeks. She doesn't think it's a hole all the way through but more of an irritation from something that just won't heal. Then I showed her my toe, she said "it's going to come off" She said that I look and seem better than I have in several years. She is the one that told me I was pregnant so she has been with me through ALOT.

Jeanne, nice to have you back!!!!

Maureen, you are on a roll! Good for you!!

Tina, thanks for the hug! Did I tell you I will be in Galveston in late July for a conference?

Tammy, having fun and more important.....:bday2you::celebrate::bday2:

Dori, how are you doing?

Tina
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Susan, it's good to hear from you. I was getting worried. :(
I'm glad you're on medication. That stuff is good. Larry used to have GERD. He still takes a generic Zantac at night and a low dose of Prilosec OTC in the mornings.
Stay away from that hot sauce. :)

How's everyone else doing today?

maureen kempster
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Good morning all-Susan glad everything went well-I'll be weighing in at noon today-keep your fingers crossed-I've been sticking to program even though I find it pretty hard at 18 pts-doing a lot of walking-if I don't lose something today after 2 weeks I know I'll be disappointed-will check in when I get back from weigh in

have a good day on program
maureen

jar1965
05-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Susan! I'm so glad that it is something so treatable! My husband is on Nexium! He says it's wonderful!

Tammy - Happy Birthday!!!:celebrate:

Hi everyone! Very Busy so I gotta scoot. I just wanted to say hi!

~jeanne

Tina
05-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi all,
I hope everyone is having a super weekend. We've had a good one so far.
My fabulous husband gave me a vase of flowers. :D You should see them. There are orchids, zinnias, pink roses, red carnations and phlox (I think that's what they are).
Tomorrow, after church, we're all going out for Mexican food. We, my sister and I and all the family will take Mother. In her present mental state, she'll probably think we're taking her back to the other assisted living facility. We will pick her up and my sister gets to take her back. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Everyone have a great Mother's Day.

(Tammy, are you back? And, Susan, how are you feeling?)
:chockiss:

maureen kempster
05-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning all-Happy mother's day-enjoy -

maureen

auntie
05-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi,
Hope everyone has a super Mother's Day!!!

Tina, I know the flowers are beautiful!!!!! That Larry!!!! Hope your lunch with your mother goes well and smoothly. Let us know!! :hug:

jar1965
05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi! Hugs & Happy Mother's Day Ladies!

~jeanne

Ladybug2680
05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Hello ladies. My trip was fabulous. I had a wonderful time and can't wait to go next year. :) I hope everyones Mother's Day was fabulous. Saturday we went to the beach and walked around. It was beautiful and I must say I miss the beach a lot. We plan on going back in June before my surgery for a couple of days. Yesterday, we had dinner with my family over at mom's house. Justin and the kids got me two charms for my bracelet, 2 Walt Disney Cars (I collect them), and 27 Dresses. It was wonderful.

I'm doing pretty good all and all. I start back with my exercising today. Yah man. Watch me go.

Tina
05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi all,
Dori, I'm so glad your trip was good. Wow, you cleaned up for Mother's Day. :lol: I want to see 27 Dresses. I wanted to rent it this weekend but instead we got P.S. I love You.
I got some neat presents, too. However, my mother didn't know what was happening. She thought someone was having a birthday and she took their presents. That's the last time we take her out. It was too hard on her and wasn't easy on us, either.
Susan, you were on my mind yesterday.
Tammy, I guess you are here, somewhere!
Maureen, how are you doing?
Jeanne, how was your Mother's Day?

maureen kempster
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon everyone-hope everyone had a great weekend-I'm still sticking to program(or at least pretty close) like I mentioned last week, I find it really hard to stick to 18 pts a day-but I've been doing a lot of walking so that will help with the extra pt or 2 that I may have used-I've already walked about an hour today and I have more to do after work.
Well have a great day on program and will be here later or at least tomorrow

maureen

Tina
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Maureen, we have the extra 35 flex points per week. Have you tried using them. You could add 5 points per day, if you really needed to.
For my lunches, sometimes I buy the 0 pt. Progresso Light soups. They're good. Hope this info helps some.

maureen kempster
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Hello again-yes Tina I've been adding 5 pts a day but try not to max out-I'll check out the Progresso-I've been making the veg soup and it's filling but I do get a bit tired of vegetable soup every night!!! Oh well, I'll get there

Tammy
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Hello! Yes, we are back. Arrived home about 2;00 Sunday morning. I am still totally pooed out! I'll be back later to read and write more.

auntie
05-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good.

Tina, I'm sorry it was hard on your mother getting out. Maybe ya'll can have celebrations at her new place in the future. Thanks for thinking of me :hug:

I went with Pat to play on Saturday night. I really didn't want to go but he wanted me too so we got to bed at 4 am. Sunday morning, we got up and he said "Let's go to McDonald's" we got there with 5 minutes to go before they started serving lunch. Then we came home and walked the dogs. We got cleaned up and then ran errands and did some shopping. We went to Red Lobster at 3 pm and there was a 45 minutes wait. I said "No way" we ended up eating a this great Chinese place. When we got home I almost collapsed. I realized that he was trying to keep me busy!!!

On Saturday night, the band went to eat before they played and there was a little boy ahead of us in line. He was about 3-4 years old. It hit me like bricks!!!! I managed to hold it together.

Dori, glad you are back and had a good time.

Tammy, get some rest!!!

Maureen, glad you are doing well sticking to program.

Tammy
05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
First of all, thanks of the birthday wishes!! Spending it at Disney World was great! Lots of birthday wishes there too because I had a birthday badge with my name on it that I received from the front desk. My friend who works at Disney called to tell them.

Tina, I don't like giving my last name places either. Good for you for sticking up for what you believed in! Your flowers sound beautiful!! I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go well with your mother. I know how hard it had to be on all of you.

Susan, an ulcer sounds like something that can be handled. I'm sure you might have to try different medicines to find the one that is best for you. Bob has been trying different ones. Chinese sounds good right now. I know how seeing that little boy had to hurt. Hugs sweetie!!!

Tim is fixing pork chops, mashed potatoes, and corn for supper. Wonder how many points that is? I need to get back into the habit of journaling now that we are home. I had been doing calories and not points lately.

Jeanne, glad to hear you liked Avenue! I need to head to the one near here sometime.

Maureen, I'm glad I don't have to stick to 18 points. Heck, I can't stick to a zillion! I liked the idea about giving a funny name instead of your real one.

Dori, I always enjoy being at the beach. Glad you had a good time! where were you?

I went to the step aerobics class on Monday, and the rest of the day I was in bed. I missed water aerobics that night because I was asleep. I was ready to go to the Y this morning, and I started to cry. I just feel miserable. It's rainy again and cool. That always makes me hurt. bob told me just to go back to bed, so I did. I'm not even going to water class tonight. I think I'll just take this week to recover from overdoing it last week, and then I'll start again soon. I know I need to start journaling again, that's for sure.

Tina
05-15-2008, 10:12 AM
So how is everyone doing today? Some people haven't posted in a couple of days. I hope everything is okay.

Tammy, your trip sounded like fun. I know you are tired. You don't need to overdo it at exercise classes. :lol: You've had enough of that.
Tim's supper sounded so good. I never fix pork chops anymore.

Susan, how many days until school is out?

Dori, have you recovered from your trip?

Jeanne, you are quiet. I guess you're very busy right now.

Maureen, I know you are still doing great OP.

I went to renew my driver's license yesterday. I picked the middle of the week and middle of the day to go. That was great because I didnt' have to wait long at all. My reading eyesight has gotten worse. I was so afraid my over-all sight was, too. But, I passed the test. She wrote 20/40 on the paper. Part of the time I was taking the test, she was talking to someone. How could she know if I was saying the correct things???? Anyway, I'm sure my photo will be as bad as always. :lol:

Everyone stay OP today. :)

maureen kempster
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone-well, we're finally getting some nice weather-I think it puts everyone in a much better frame of mind-Tina, I'm sure your pic looks fine-we are so hard on ourselves aren't we? I'm trying to stick to program-if I do go over I don't think it's by too much and I do get a lot of walking in. I'm hoping to get the roller blades out soon-maybe this weekend-we have a long weekend so I should be able to do something

Well, have a great day you are all worth it

maureen

jar1965
05-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Ladies! Thanks for keeping me in the loop! Honestly I have not felt good for about 10 days! If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was having appendicitis - but it's been on the wrong side. Today I actually woke up not having as much discomfort. I have tried cutting out fast food, greasy food and cutting back on the caffiene -- So, we'll see. I was giving myself till Weds. to feel better and strangely enough, I did. So I'm going to hold off on the doctor thing. It may be irritiable bowl or something. I just don't know. I also have a hard time with Mother's Day - It's been 15 years, but I miss her dearly! I was only 28 and she was 58 when she past away. My dear sweet daughters go above and beyond to make the day wonderful and I do hide my emotions until I have some quiet down time for myself and then look out!
Well, I'm at work so I better scoot.........but I promise to get back at it! I need sunshine!
Love,
jeanne

Tammy
05-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Quiet group lately! I guess we're all busy doing whatever. I'm not sure what I've been busy doing!!

Tina, glad you picked a good time to get your driver's license. Those pictures are always interesting, aren't they?

Maureen, have you been using the roller blades this weekend?

Jeanne, I hope you are feeling even better by now!!! I understand how you feel about Mother's Day. It has been 10 years since my mother passed away, and I think of her every day. Sometimes I still forget and I think about calling her about something.

My week ended up being pretty lazy. I did finally make it to a class at the Y on Friday. Yesterday I had a team meeting for the upcoming Emmaus Walk in July. Today I'm headed to church, and then I have no idea what will happen.

maureen kempster
05-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning all-I blew it yesterday-didn't journalize etc but today is a fresh start-got on the scales here at home & am down a few pounds-I bought a digital scale yesterday but have to figure out how to get it to read pounds/right now it's in kilograms so I have to convert it to pounds from a program on line-Tammy, I'm hoping to get the roller blades out today or tomorrow(we have tomorrow off)-I certainly hope that helps to burn the calories-I don't go fast or really too far but at least I get out on them - not bad for someone who's going to be 61 in july!!! anyway have a great day on program we all deserve it

maureen

Tina
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM
It is quiet around here!

Maureen, what date in July is your birthday? My birthday is June 9th.
Why you are a spry chicken. :lol: We are only as old as we feel.
Hmm...right now I'm feeling aged. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
After church and eating, we went to see my mother. The move to another assisted living place has given her another set-back. Her dementia seems worse and she stays in her little apartment most of the time. At the other place, she was always out in the open areas with all her friends. (We are so sorry that we had to move her but it was necessary.) Today she kept telling us that she was going to break out of that place. Since she has trouble walking, we don't have to worry about that. It's funny and sad at the same time.

Tammy, I'm glad you rested all week. You had quite a long and busy trip. How is Tim? What is he doing? I know you still miss your mother. I miss my mother, too.

Susan, you are quiet. I hope your stomach is feeling better. I'm sure you're busy with the end of school, too.

Dori, are you doing okay?

Jeanne, please post so we know you're okay.

Everyone have a good rest of the weekend.

auntie
05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi,
I think this is the first time I've sat down and not been asleep. Thought I better post. :) Before you send out the search party for me.

This has been a very busy week. My stomach is finally feeling better. I've had a couple of things like pizza that makes it hurt. I go back on Thursday to the doctor. Friday was our BIG deaf ed program. My girls were adorable! I can't wait to see the DVD because I was so busy showing them what to do down stage I missed the rest. They were cute!!! I didn't get home Friday until 10 pm. It was a LONG day!!!

Now, I just have to have the meeting on June 2nd and hopefully it will go smoothly. Then I'm done!

School is over on the 4th. Found out that teachers can be too if all grades are in etc... of course MINE WILL BE!!!!

Tina, I'm sorry about your mother. It is cute that she wants to break out.

Tammy, You are always on the go!

Maureen, I am so impressed, I can't roller blade (I'd probably be in the hospital) and I'm not 61 so I'm even more impressed.

Amy's little boy is going to have tubes put in his ears on June 2. She took him to the ENT that my mom saw, his dr. said he would out grown his ear infections. I told her to take him on to the ENT. THe dr. said, his ears were horrible and he had a hearing loss from the fluid. Hopefully it will go away when it all drains and clears up.

Oh, I didn't go with Pat last night. I had a headache and I pretty much slept all evening. I'm so ready for vacation. I know I keep saying that..... :)

Ladybug2680
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Hello all. Sorry I have been absent lately. Things are winding down at school (Friday is the last day). I haven't really been watching what I eat lately. It stinks being an emotional eater because I eat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, mad, etc. I try my best throughout the week, but almost always end up not doing that well. *sigh* I have my 10 year class reunion coming up in October so that should be some motivation to get a little off. Well I must run for now. I will check in later and try to catch up on all the post.

maureen kempster
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
good morning all-I have today off-it's a holiday here in Canada(Victoria Day)-right now the weather's beautiful-sunny and not too hot or windy-I just got back from my first rollerblading this year-I just went for about 15 mins-I walked to a from the path that I go on so in all it was about a half hour-managed to stay in the upright position and I just feel fantastic-it gives me incentive to stick with it-we can do and we are all worth it-
P.S how do I add a ticker?

thanks for being here

maureen

Tina
05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
You go girl! Maureen, I'd love to see you on your rollerblades. I can't ice skate so I know I would'nt be any good on blades. :lol:
How's everyone else doing?
It's hot, hot, hot here. I just watered my dying grass. And, it's not even June yet.:(
Everyone have a good OP day.

Tammy
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Tina, Tim is busy working at Arby's. He brought home sandwiches Sunday when he came home. Love that horsey sauce!! It has only been in the 50's here. I'm cool, so I know Bob is freezing.

Susan, hope the doctor gives you some encouraging news!! I'll bet your girls were great! School will be out soon!

Dori, 10 year class reunion! I remember mine, many years ago! This is 35 years for my class. I'm sure you are ready for school to be out.

Maureen, it still impresses me that you can stay up on rollerblades!

Long story short here - found out why Bob has been feeling so exhausted and worn out. We received his prescription refills through the mail. A couple of them had different generic names than what he had been taking. He thought he was supposed to be taking everything! He has been doubling up on his lasix and his BP medicine. His BP was 70/40 yesterday. I had always filled his daily pill containers, but he told me he was capable. Apparently he has been doubling the meds since the beginning of April. I could just smack him!!!!!!

Tina
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Tammy, can I smack Bob, too!!! My goodness, that could kill him. No wonder he's not hungry.

auntie
05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
What are friends for..... I'll smack Bob too!!! Now is he related to Patrick? I normally fill his container up too. Every now and then he will say "I can do it" Then he has to ask about each pill. He has NO idea what I take. I have said "if something was ever to happen to me and I wasn't able to talk you would need to know." He still doesn't know!!

Hope Bob starts feeling better soon!!!!! I love Arby's sauce!!! YUM!!!

Tina, it is HOT here too!!! It's way too early.... wonder if we are going to have a killer summer. I got in the car yesterday and it said 101.

I'm relaxing tonight. Don't have a lot to do but I always find something that needs to be done. However, tonight I'm doing nothing!

Maureen, My Dear.... I can't tell you how impressed I am. Us Texans can't ice skate (no need to learn :) so I too would be able to roller blade. I always think it looks fun.

Tammy
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I am so glad that I will have others helping me smack Bob!! The only people that he knows that I told are my 2 cousins who are nurses. They want to smack him too! I went over all of the medications with Bob and Tim. I have a list typed and in bob's wallet. I also have a list in my purse and one on the kitchen counter.

auntie
05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Tammy, what are friends for if they won't help smack your husband :D I know ya'll would Pat! I'm glad you have a list and hopefully he will start feeling better.

Tina, I'm not looking forward to summer with the heat!!! I think we are going to bake.

My ulcer seems to be doing better. I go to the doctor tomorrow so I will let you know what she says. It really doesn't even hurt now only when I eat something really spicy or with too much acid.

I'm exhausted tonight.

What Memorial Day plans do you have? We have none .....

Tina
05-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi group,
I'm not being notified that y'all are posting. Hmmm....
Tammy, in my purse I keep a list of Larry's medications, my medications and my mother's. I've always told Larry just to look in there if he ever needs to know what I take.
Susan, I hope your ulcer is under control.
Maureen, how is the roller blading?
Dori, remember that we can come stay with you during your surgery. :o The doctor and nurses might run us out though. :lol:

I'm afraid I have a urinary infection. I went and gave a "sample" this morning. The nurse was going to have them do a culture, stat! I have a dull ache in my right groin area. (Hope that's not too graphic.) I don't think I've ever had a UTI.
I went to the store and bought a giant bottle of cranberry juice. Yuck!

Hope all have a happy Thursday.

weemissnaughty
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
hey erm i'm quite new here - been floating around 3fc for ages but cud never decide which diet to do but been doing weight watchers for 5 weeks now and lost 10lbs (weigh in in half an hour now! ah!) so thot i'd start chatting lol i weight in on a thursday so thought i'd come and talk to you lot if thats ok?
luvs lesley-anne
xxx

Tina
05-22-2008, 12:40 PM
lesley-anne--:welcome3: We'd love for you to join in and chat.
You're doing a great job.

Hello to everyone else. Hope this is a good OP day.

Tammy
05-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Susan, I think with the ulcer, you'd better stay away from spicy foods. Easier said than done, right?

Tina, I've never had one of those infections either. I don't like cranberry juice at all. Tim and my FIL would sit and eat vanilla ice cream and have a glass of cranberry juice with it. Disgusting!

Lesley-Anne, welcome to the group!!

auntie
05-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the group Lesley-Anne! We are a fun group!!! Very supportive!!!

Tina, are you feeling better?

Tammy, GROSS to eating ice cream and drinking cranberry juice together.

I agree I'm going to have to say no to spicy food. I am now on meds for the next 10 weeks and then I go off of it. If I still have pain, I have to go to the gastro dr for an endoscope. The dr. said "it's definitely an ulcer." The good thing is I'm feeling better or at least if I am smart!!!!

Oh did you know school is almost out!!!! 7 more days!!!! Did you know I'm so READY!!!!! This year I have it bad!!! I think I'm just tired!