LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers thread May 4-10

Mama Nicole
05-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone!!!! Make good choices today and be good to yourself!!!
XOXO

krjpy
05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Morning Nicole!

It is really quiet around here today.

I was really bad this weekend. We had friends and family in for the weekend because it was my son's First Holy Communion and we had a party back at the house. My poor son got sick at about 1 am Saturday morning and didn't get any sleep (neither did my husband and I) so he was sick AND tired for the Mass. He slept most of the day and was feeling a little better by the evening, but I ate VERY badly and ate very bad portions of the good stuff.

I am back on track today. I am doing a Takeoff for today and tomorrow to get all the crap I ate (it even made me feel lousy last night and this morning) out of my system and get me back on track.

Wish me luck, I have been doing well and want to get to my 100 lb milestone this month. This week though I want to maintain since I know I gained weight this weekend with all the awful junk I ate both Saturday and Sunday.

Dan2112
05-05-2008, 11:23 AM
You can do it Kelly!!!

G'mornin' everyone..

Another busy week out of the gates.. I'll be on the road again later this week, so let's hope there are no fires to get in my way..

Our weekend was up and down, food-wise.. We did some early celebrating of DD's 11th birthday last night with my mom and her husband.. They are going on vacation this week and will have to miss the actual party next week.. Dinner went well and I have to admit we did end up eating a small slice of cake each.. and a dolup of low-fat no sugar added icecream..

No sage words of advice so far this morning.. Just do your best and keep your eyes on the prize!!!

May the POP be with you!

aguerin
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Good Morning all. Here's to a POP week.

The kids will be out of school in less than 3 weeks. FYI for those of you who have to plan for that! EEEKKK!

Mama Nicole
05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Dan......how the heck does Liz put up with you being gone all the time? I would want to choke you :lol:. Also....it always cracks me up when you say, My mom and her husband." I get it........it just makes me laugh.

Morning Amy. I have been counting down the days until school is out....and I have to say that I am so thankful that I am a stay at home mom. Sure, they will drive me insane, and I may end a day or so each week with tears.....but man, I am so glad I can stay home. It definitely has it's pros and cons......but this is so the right decision for me. I was thinking yesterday about how fun it would be to write a screenplay about the life of a stay at home mom with lots of kids and limited funds. Oh, if I only had the time......

Kelly.......congrats on almost making it to the 100 lb mark!!!! You will get there.............look how you pick yourself back up when you waiver. Keep up the good work.....and I hope your TO days fly by.

Ok, I have to be good today. We have 20 days, give or take, until baby gets here. That means I have less than 2 weeks to get my house well organized. We will be having sooo much out of town company, as all of our family is far away..........and so many ladies trying to, "help out," that I really really really need to make it simple around here. So, hopefully, you won't be seeing me too much here. Wish me luck.

On a more heartachy note.....we said goodbye to our furbaby, Maggie (mini schnauzer) on Saturday. She was sooo sick. She looked more peaceful after we put her down than she has looked in a long long time. My 10 yo DD made the sweetest picure at school that read, "Maggie May Massie was a sweet little dog and will never be forgotten by the Massie family." And that is just how it is.
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Good morning Nicole! I'm sorry to hear about Maggie, thats never an easy decision. Shes running and playing now with no pain.

Kelly-I'm joining you on the TO. I went to WI Saturday, I hadnt been in 6 weeks, ack!!! I was up 3 pounds so I decided I needed to get myself focused again. I just dont want 5 pounds to turn into 10! Keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Dan-Good morning! Be safe when you travel.

Amy-Anything new on the house? My sister should be in her new cabin in less than a month!

My dear sweet hubby is doing so good sticking to the plan. He lost 4 pounds last week. He's so cute, he emails me from work to tell me what hes had to eat so he can figure out what hes got left. He still doesnt know how to count things but hey, hes giving it a try!

We had plans to go out Saturday night for a big juicy hamburger at this new place that opened, looked forward to it all week. My tummy had other plans, I got up Saturday morning sick at my stomach. It was protesting before I even ate the darn burger! LOL

JerseyMadchen
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Morning guys!

I am really sick to my stomach today! I get so upset about exams! I have my final in Finance today and just feel awful about it. I cannot wait til it is over!

I posted this is last week’s friends thread, but it was at the end, so I’ll ask again here. I have TERRIBLE headaches! I know they are stress related, but I need some relief! Exedrin, etc don’t really help! PLEASE tell me someone has a secret to get rid of them!

Thanks guys- have a great day!!

Dan2112
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Amy.. Good luck with the finals.. I'm SO glad I'm not having to deal with those anymore...

Kim - Congrats to your DH!! Fantastic work.. Tell him we're all pulling for him..

Nicole - She's pretty good about it.. I'm not gone THAT much, compared with some of my co-workers, so I remind her about that.. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your pup (all dogs, to me, no matter what age, are pups)... Seems like a lot of us are losing our pets lately... That really sucks...

As for "my mom and her husband".. He's a really great guy, so while it may sound like I have issues with that, I really don't.. It's just the fact that he's in his mid-80's and so calling him "step-dad" just doesn't sound right...

Debbie24
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Morning everyone.

I've been a bit MIA around here. Just trying not to think about the diet 24/7. I've been exercising 5 miles a day on the elliptical and i'm up to 50 miles done today. I'm so proud of myself. The scale was showing a nice loss but of course the weekend is always my downfall. I swear there is about a 2lb difference from my sat morning WI to my monday morning official WI. I'm not stressing, i know its water. I was going to change my WI day to saturday but i like it being on my worst day.

Nicole - So sorry to hear about Maggie and i cant believe your grandbaby will be here so soon. I wish your DD lots to luck with the L&D. I hope its a quick and easy one.

Well thats all from me for now. I'm gonna go change my ticker.

I'll catch up with you all later.

Have a great day!

loserjulie
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Hello, all

Not a good weekend at all. Ate whatever I wanted, and then some. It actually make me sick. I'm so glad to be back POP today. I've promised myself I won't step on the scale until Wed. Went shopping and bought some new things to try, like veggie burgers, to up my variety. Looking forward to a great week.

Repo girl
05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Morning guys!

I am really sick to my stomach today! I get so upset about exams! I have my final in Finance today and just feel awful about it. I cannot wait til it is over!

I posted this is last week’s friends thread, but it was at the end, so I’ll ask again here. I have TERRIBLE headaches! I know they are stress related, but I need some relief! Exedrin, etc don’t really help! PLEASE tell me someone has a secret to get rid of them!

Thanks guys- have a great day!!

Amy,

Try rubbing lavender essential oil over your forehead and temples. Also, an amethyst or clear quartz crystal held on your forehead and temples will absorb the negative energy (stress and tension), and leave you feeling a lot better.

Dan2112
05-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Hello, all

Not a good weekend at all. Ate whatever I wanted, and then some. It actually make me sick. I'm so glad to be back POP today. I've promised myself I won't step on the scale until Wed. Went shopping and bought some new things to try, like veggie burgers, to up my variety. Looking forward to a great week.

Julie - Ain't it the truth?? Just as our bodies rebel when we first start the plan, they rebel again when we suddenly reintroduce crappy food... Just one more incentive to stick to the plan...

This is why, when all is said and done and we're in the maintenance phase, we have to reintroduce these kinds of things VERY slowly..

Kimphin
05-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi all - back from NYC - had a good time, froze my A$$ off at the Yankee game friday - walked about 250 miles :running:. Now back on the wagon again.

Nicole - you know I'm thinking about you losing Maggie. :hug:

Debbie - I soooo hear you about not wanting to think about food 24/7. I tried WW briefly a few months ago, but I felt like I was focusing of food too much.

Amy - what works for me with a stress headache is - heating pad on back of neck, ice on forehead. Hope you find some relief!

OK, gotta go - quick drive by today I guess!

pjbeau
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Good Morning!!

Good luck to our college ladies on their finals!

Nicole - Sorry about Maggie...what is going on with all the sad pet losses...it's scaring me.

Dan - I completely understand your stepdad thing, I have the same situation. They have been married 15 years now, and he is great, but he's not Dad.

I slipped up last week and let myself have a few too many cheats, so I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain either. I think I've got my head together again and set on losing this week.

BarbaraB
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Katie, I had a scalp massage once with lavender oil, and it was the most soothing relaxing thing ever.

Amy, I know you are tense, but just lay down and do some deep breathing and try to relax your whole body. I have a thing that goes in the microwave and heats up that you wrap around your neck that helps relax the neck muscles. You might try warming up a small damp towel in the microwave and wrapping it around your neck, since for me tensness in the neck muscles contributes a great deal to my headaches. Your finals will be over soon, so try to not get too stressed out, take good care of your body and soul, and you will do better on your exams anyway. Taking a few minutes out to relax is only going to help.

Dan, It is hard to avoid the cake when it is a family birthday. Have some safe travels, and be careful out there if there is a fire.

Kelly, My weekend was not the best. I actually underate on Saturday (fell asleep with no dinner). Then made up for it in Sunday. There will be times when you are less than perfect. Just get back on plan, and it will be a memory in no time and you will hit your 100 pound goal. The biggest part of success is to keep working on it!

Nicole, 20 days! Yikes. Time flies.

I'm finally less stressed. Got my DD moved into her condo. I feel really good about that, as I really disliked the place she was living before, so I feel she is in a really safe place now. I better run... got a meeting to attend.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Just an FYI, if you decide to print Debbies cookbook its 339 pages! LOL I didnt even check before I hit print, ack!!! Its all printed now though and I just gotta find a notebook big enough to hold it all!

Mama Nicole
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM
:lol: Kim........good luck with that notebook!

Amy.........what Barbara said about the thingy that goes in the microwave.......you can make your own. Just steal one of DBF's long socks......fill it with uncooked rice.....and tie or rubberband the end tight. Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes.......and you are set!!! I use mine on my neck all the time. It stays hot for a long time. My cousin had one a long time ago, and it was called a bed buddy :) Here is a link if you would rather purchase one :)
http://www.amazon.com/Carex-Bed-Buddy-Cold-Pack/dp/B000KBNPQ0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1210008461&sr=8-1

Hi Katie :) I knew you would have great ideas!!!

And Barbara........the scalp massage sounds WONDERFUL!!!!

Hi Debbie :)
XOXO

aguerin
05-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Nichole - Just an FYI, most babies these days come early for the Dr's convenience so I wouldn't get too comfy in the 20 day span you have planned out. You better get it in gear and plan on maybe 14 days. I am also so sorry about your Maggie Mae. We have a Maggie and she is a Black Lab.

Kim - No other progress on the house. The foundation is done, block is laid. But is the Septic tank finished you ask? NO! OMG the only comfort I am having with that is I don't have to write that Big check until it is. On a down side, the other building materials are going up, up, up. But I'm not worried. God knows my needs.

I am slowly getting back on track. I did add the Luna Bars back and that has helped, but I just don't know what happened Saturday. I can't even talk about it. Talk about binge eating. I have learned what my new weaknesses are and am trying to adjust to them. And by new I mean the ones that are on plan but just not the whole box type thing. I am also trying to eat Cantelope for my fruit to see if that will help with the WL.

Lets make good choices this week people.

cecil
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah I had tough weekend as well. I didn't have hardly anything to eat saturday I was sooo busy! Working, moving furniture, working again. By the time we went out I was starving so of course we got a pizza. I had 3 pieces! What? I haven't had that many pieces of pizza since I started LA. Needless to say I was over by 4 starches that day. And had like 1 veggie and 1 protien. Yeah. I felt so bad Sunday. I keep telling my self I can't beat my self up but it's so hard not to!
Hope you all have a great day! Stay pop!

JLem311
05-05-2008, 04:30 PM
hey everyone,
just checking in..got a busy week ahead of me..not really looking forward to it. anyways..i'm down a couple more pounds, so that's good.
still trying to get back into my usual workout routine, but it's been slow going.

Repo girl
05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Nicole- I wanted to add that I was so sorry to hear about Maggie Mae. It is so tough to lose them, that is for sure.

jewljz
05-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Julie - What type of veggie burgers? Don't give up first try - I tried the Boca and hated them, but I LOVE the Garden burgers :)

cecil
05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I love the Morning star veggie burgers! Hated boca!

cottonfarmer81
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
thanks for the recipes

loserjulie
05-05-2008, 05:33 PM
It's not that I don't like veggie burgers, but since they changed the plans, the servings went from two burgers down to one, and that didn't seem like much to me. I've always had the Boca ones, but GardenBurgers were on sale yesterday. I'll try them, I can always smother them with horseradish or something. As far as veggie hotdogs, no way am I ever having them again.

ferrarimomof2
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I will try my best to catch up at least on this thread by tomorrow. I got back Thursday mid afternoon from my trip and today is the first day I was not jet lagged. I had a great trip and tried to eat as best I could. I don't think I had one day completely on plan. But I guess that is how vacation goes especially in a foreign country. I did get exercise in though. Well, I at least hit the gym twice. One of those was at 4:30 in the morning. I couldn't sleep so figured I should go ahead and get exercise out of the way. I had a great time. The people in Malaysia were super nice. I went and weighed in for the first time in a little over two weeks. I was up 1.8 lbs. I will definitely take it. I am not so sure that it still doesn't have something to do with water retention from trip and TOM. Well, at least I have proved to myself that I can do this for a lifetime. So, I am at it again today. I am doing TO today and tomorrow because I have been off plan for over two weeks and wanted to get back in the swing of things. My center didn't even try to sell my the juice. They just said go back on plan and if no lose by Wednesday we could do the juice. I plan on having a lose. Well, I better go finish laundry DH leaves again in the morning. Oh what fun.

Everyone have a great afternoon and night and I am glad to be back on here.

Repo girl
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Dionne, welcome home!!!!

gramabear45
05-05-2008, 10:17 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON,here.:carrot:

Kim........your pics WOW looIin goood girl :D

WELCOME DIONNE

Ferr........ Glas to see your back
JLem............. Great loss

I have a weigh in on wed or thurs I have been eating on plan so ther should be a loss o of some kind

Take care everyone
Roma

JLem311
05-05-2008, 10:41 PM
i just wanted to post quick to see if everyone's had a chance to check out my webpage (link in my signature) for my upcoming Walk that i'm trying to raise money for..it's such a great organization! :)
thanks everyone!

amylou7777
05-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi gang!

Nicole- very sorry to hear about your furbaby! I hope you and the family are doing better!

Amy- GOOD LUCK with the rest of your finals. I know how tension and stress can effect your body, so I hope you are taking care of yourself. Breathing and getting enough sleep is what works for me with the headaches. The rice/sock thing feels really good too!

I am so ready to be back on track it's not even funny. I had horrible "celebratory" weekend after my last final and I am left feeling bloated and disgusting. I've had a good day today and I'm ready to get back on a roll!

I do need to update my ticker....I've gained about 8-10lbs! I have been avoiding the scale like nobody's business!

Goal for the week: POP and excercise every DAY!

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Hooray.........Amylou!!! I have been avoiding the sclae too. Wanna WI in the a.m.? I might be too scared......but who knows :) Good to see you :)

And you too, Dionne :)

Ok, to bed I go......
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 03:22 AM
And wow.....Jillian.........every week a loss for you, for so many weeks now :) WTG!!!!
XOXO

aguerin
05-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Good Tuesday Morning All!. O.K. I was POP on Monday, now for the rest of the week. Just got to try to add some exercise in.

Kimphin
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
;)"Sclae" will end up in a dictionary somewhere, I can see it now.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Dionne!!! Nice to "see" you!

AmyLou-Woooo hooo finals are over, I know that feels great!:carrot:

Roma-Thank you. I admit it does feel good to look in the mirror and like what I see looking back, ok for the most part! LOL There are still a few things I would tighten up if I could afford it!

:hug:Good morning Amy and Jillian and Katie and Nicole and Numba One Kim!!!

Repo girl
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
:hug:Morning everyone!!!!

amylou7777
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Morning!

Nicole- I just w/i after bfast and it was NOT good. I have time before my hair appt to do a DVD workout so I'm puttin my shoes on right now.

I graduate Sat and am determined to lose this puffy/bloated look so that I can rock the pictures all day! I'm wearing a new black dress that fit just right when I bought it last month---I'm kinda nervous to put it on now!!

I KNOW I can do this. I have a lunch date today, but I've already looked up the menu to make sure there are some on plan foods.

I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday! I'll be back later to check in with everyone!

Dan2112
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Mornin' all!

Jillian.. Good luck with the event. I'm sure you'll raise the funds in no time!

Amy - Congrats on the graduation! Drink plenty of water and take some beano with your meals to avoid any gas build up that could affect the pictures!

aguerin
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Can someone tell me what the veggie burgers taste like? I have looked at them a few times, but haven't take the plunge just yet. It would be good if they counted as a Veg. LOL Just wondering.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Day 2 of TO is going ok so far. I'm supposed to go WI tomorrow, just in time for stupid TOM!:tantrum: I'll be guzzling HLW tonight. It'll tick me off if I have a gain after doing TO! LOL Somebody please convince me that chocolate tastes like dirt! :rofl:

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone :)

Wow.......we slept in late today. No, we didn't just get up, but we did sleep in until 8ish. DH got home at 5:30 this morning. He was in Chicago since Sunday night. I never sleep right when he is gone, and was awake until 2, and then again when he got home. I have 2 sick kids, and I really hope they get better before the baby gets here. Tis the season for the summertime colds.....

Dixie Amy......I LOVE the morning star grillers. I like to eat them open faced on a ww bun (1/2). I just don't try to pretend it is beef.......and then I am not disappointed. They actually have a really good flavor.....so I truly think of them as a veggie burger and not a hamburger. I can only have them once in a while though, cuz soy and me don't get along.

Hi Dan.

Amylou.......I haven't WI yet, and I have already had a few cups of coffee.....but......I AM going to WI in a little bit, before my shower. I know exactly what you mean about needing to lose that bloated feeling. It is funny how staying OP for a couple of weeks changes your whole outlook on your appearance. You can do this.....and really.......you HAVE to. How many times in your life are you going to graduate from law school, right? You gotta feel good during this time in your life. You only need a few days OP to get your mind working with your body again :)

Hey Katie.......how's everything going?

Kim.......sclae ROCKS!!!! How are you doing staying OP? I hope you are not just faking like I have been doing lately......:lol:. It is sooo good to have you back. You have no idea how much I missed you!!!

Hey, Kim #2.........did you ever post the newspaper article for us? I keep wondering about that and forgetting to ask......

Hey Roma.....how are you today?

Ok.....time to make the donuts.....DANGIT......I mean, time to change the laundry. I hope this day finds you all well and full of willpower. We can do this, we can do this, we can do this. Wow, I may have just talked myself into a POP day..........:lol:.

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh, cool, guys.....Jillian only has $20 more dollars to raise to make her goal for her NAMI walk! WTG, girl!!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
No Nicole I havent scanned it yet. I'll try to do that tonight.

aguerin
05-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Kim:

If you will imagine that chocolate crawling with a big bunch of worms or something else that grosses you out, it will lose its appeal. :rofl:

JerseyMadchen
05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Dixie Amy- The Boca burgers- have to be the grilled ones aren't that bad. My complaint is with everyone else that they're so small. I put a little RF cheese on and a tomato slice... and it still doesn't really cut it.

Morning everyone! The final I was so upset about I got a 100 on, which gave me a B+ (88) in the class. He's giving hte class the option of taking another exam two weeks from now if we want to take it. The anxiety is not worth 2 points. I am happy with an 88!

Today and tomorrow are reading days, which is great for relaxing but horrible for diets!

Hope you're all having a great day!

ferrarimomof2
05-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Good morning everyone.

I have been up since 4 am. My DD is now sick and DH hubby left this morning for the week. I am so tired right now and doing TO is not helping. I better see a lose tomorrow on the scale. I have a volunteer appreciation luncheon this afternoon. So, we will see how I do with it and TO. I hope they have some brocolli and cucumbers. I just want to go to sleep.

Jersey Amy- Congrats on the test score and final score. An 88 is nothing to sneeze at.

Kim- I know how you feel about the chocolate thing. I have a blackberry cobbler in the fridge that I keep thinking is gross so I don't go finish it off.

Nicole- I hope you sleep better tonight and the kiddos get better soon.

Dixie chick- congrats on being POP yesterday. You can do it again today.

Amylou- congrats on the finals being over and graduation coming up.

Hello also to anyone else I missed.

I hope that everyone has POP day. I am off to try and get DD to lay down for a nap. So, I can get one before going to pick up DS and luncheon.

BarbaraB
05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Amylou, I finally had a totally good POP day yesterday and I already feel thinner and back to my unbloated self. Just a short time can make a big difference, especially with any water weight, which is common when you've eaten junk and need to clear the salt from your system. I tried on the skirt I have on today a few days ago and couldn't even zip it I was so bloated up! So much for my little salt eating rebellion.... Just not worth it... Drink lots of water! I also think the green tea helps too.

Jersey Amy, 100 is just fantastic. I hope you are more relaxed and the headache is better! You have a wonderful summer at that camp to look forward to here soon.

Dionne, I hope you get to rest a bit today! Perhaps you can take a nap with your sick kid.

Nicole, I forgot to say how sorry I was to hear of your dogs passing. I know how hard it is to make that call. I hope your family bounces back in time for the new arrival too. How is your DD doing? 17 year old girls can be cranky in the best of circumstances, at least towards their mothers. Maybe you should just take a nap with your sick kids too.

Kim, I'm sure that chocolate does taste like dirt. Plus it is going to make you want to kick yourself about 3 minutes after you have eaten it, so just don't... You have done so well managing to keep your weight down! I was going to do a TO, but then the oranges that I bought had turned moldy (I had only purchased them the day before so that was really a surprise). Oh well sometimes the universe conspires against us, but I feel better just going back to my dearly beloved Blue plan...

BarbaraB
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh and I forgot Roma! Hi! I live in Tigard and work in Lake Oswego, so Oregon City is not far. My grandmother lived there for several years in an assisted living center up by the hospital... but she passed away recently at 93 years of age...

MomOfThreeTeens
05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Well so far I've resisted the chocolate. I promised I would go WI tomorrow so that should keep me on track today! LOL

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Kim.........nothing tastes as good as thin feels :) Reminds me of Lynn......man......we miss you lady!!!

Just think of how nice it is to go try on clothes now. Remember when it was such a horror to have to go try on clothes...and how much fun it is now? Do you still love buying new panties? You surely don't want to lose that fun, do you? You can do this..........and thanks for being such an insiration to the rest of us. It so IS a lifestyle change.......and there will always be difficult times........so thanks for sharing with us.

Amy........congrats on your 100. Hard work does pay off, doesn't it?
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
05-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Nicole!! Thanks for the pep talk sweet thang! Sometimes I think we all just need a reminder. And I do SO love shopping now! LOL I know people say "never say never" but I'm never gaining this weight back. I got rid of everything in my closet as it got too big, everything in there now fits me. I refuse to ever buy bigger clothes again. So I either stay in the ones I have or I stay home because I cant go out in public nekkid! LOL Well I could but I dont think I would like jail! :rofl::rofl:

JLem311
05-06-2008, 06:06 PM
hey everyone, just thought i'd check in quickly while the kids are watching a movie.
thanks to everyone who has checked out my webpage for my Walk, i really appreciate it so much!

work has been quite stressful and i wish it were friday already. ugh.

that's about it for the time being. hope everyone is having a good week so far.

BarbaraB
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey Jillian, I went and contributed to your Nami walk! It seems like such a worthwhile cause. Plus I worry about my almost former step mom and wish she had sought treatment instead of a divorce. You are getting close to that goal weight number! I know it has not dropped off quickly, but I believe that the way you have lost it, it will be gone for good. It is so very much more important to have it gone long term, than to have it gone quickly.

Kim, I got rid of bags and bags of clothes too! I also have the go nekkid plan to force me to keep the weight down. It is so very easy to slip into some previous bad habits, so I suppose I will need to have constant vigilence for the rest of my life. So I had a laspse in that vigilance and now am back on weight loss portions. Back to the good old BLUE plan.

Nicole, I needed the pep talk too! I'm really bound and determined to be actually POP, not just kinda sorta if you ignore a few cheats POP.

Mama Nicole
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
You guys will never believe this.....but I just went on a bike ride. I $hit you not!!! :lol:. It only lasted about 10 minutes.........but I made a true effort to exercise.....just me......and just for me. It has been a LONG time since I have done that.......and I may not beable to walk erect tomorrow......but I'll just have to find some other way to get my work out in :) And, just so you all know.......I am back in this game........full court press!!!!
XOXO

JLem311
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
yay nicole! YOU RULE! :)

gramabear45
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

Is POP =staying on program ?

YEAH !! Nicole
Barbara .. Yes you are close. We live in the country .....Redland
Come on Nicole You can do !!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
JLEM... Hi

Mom of three... I got in the closet and tried on some old clothes and its getting closer. I still have a lot to loose,but wearing the old ones is one goal
for me.

You all take care ,seeya tomorrow
Roma

MomOfThreeTeens
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Go Nicole go!!! My daughter has been riding and I went with her and got sore legs and my butt hurt so bad the next day from the seat that I didnt go anymore! LOL

Good morning everybody!!!! Have an absolutely amazing day!!!!!

Kimphin
05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Good morning all! It's beautiful here today,the lilacs are about to bloom - don't want to be in this office at all... but it pays the bills. I solved a big problem at work today, so I have now been nicknamed "the Cat's A$$" - which I guess is a good thing.:smug:

After my non-POP weekend, things are back on track. POP since SUnday now, and have avoided the sclae so I can hopefully be suprised on Friday. We shall see!

I have a ton of lites left, but I am becoming a Luna fan. The Sunrise ones are really good, and the Chai tea one is yummy too. Today at lunch I am (again) going to attempt a morningstar veggie burger. This time I am going to heat it on the grill (I live so close to work that I go home at lunch - nice perk).

AmyLou - I'm sure you will look QUITE slim and lawyer-ly at your graduation on Saturday - congrats!

Kim #2 - (actually I've been MIA soo long - you should be #1!) I hope that you survived TO. I would try to convince you that chocolate tastes like dirt, but I cannot speak badly about long lost loves:?:. Sigh.

Nicole - I have been POP for more days in a row than I have in a long time. Feels good. I missed you too - I'm glad I'm back! How's the bike butt? I've been walking 9 holes of golf about 4 times per week(that's about 2.5miles per round) but other than that, have done NO exercise. My gym membership ran out and I am torn about re-upping or changing gyms.

JerseyAmy - great job on your final! Isn't it nice to see hard work rewarded?

Well, one bottle of water down - time to refill. Have a great day everyone!

ferrarimomof2
05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone,

I am back from WI and I was down 1.5 lbs from Monday. I am .25 up from what I was when I left for my trip. So, I don't guess I can complain to much. I hope that everyone is having a great day.

Nicole- good job on the exercise When I started taking the spin classes at the gym they warned me that the seat would get me but to come to at least 3 classes within 10 days and after that I would be just fine. They were right after the third class my tush got used to it. So, if you are sore and really enjoy riding the bike maybe that will help you. I know it was unsolicited but thought I'd throw it out there.

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Good morning everyone :)

Well, amazingly enough, my butt doens't hurt too bad. I don't know what will happen when I try to get back on today........but so far, so good. My sclae is smiling at me this morning............but one day on track can make the sclae kind of confused.........I'm sure she will be back to her evil old self in no time.

Yeah, Roma........POP stands for perfect on plan :) This means eating all of your exchanges, and not sneaking in any BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes). It is difficult to acheive at first......but soooo rewarding :)

It has been just gorgeous outside here too. Our lilacs are in full bloom, and I have all of my bedding plants in. I just love it. I spend quite a bit of time every day messing around out there. I do not think we are going to plant a huge farmer's garden this year. We are planning on doing a bit more traveling this summer, and you HAVE to be home almost every day to have a successful garden here. The heat is pretty wicked in July and August........and if you don't water at least once a day........your garden is no more.

Anywhoo.......I have a eye appointment this afternoon, and DD has a baby dr. appointment too......so our afternoon will be quite busy. I am going to do everything in my power to get in a bike ride before the sun sets though. I hope you all find at least 10 minutes to exercise your bodies today. Even if you never exercise.......take that 10 minutes for yourself. You are worth it :)
XOXO

Kimphin
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Dionne - that's always been my fear with spin classes - good to know! I think spin would be something I like. I've also heard of people bringing those gel seat covers too.

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Dionne......thanks for the encouragment about what Kim so lovingly calls, "bike butt." It is good to hear. Now that I am no longer 25 years old........I need to be reminded that even though some exercises may hurt a bit at first......it does get better. I want to be strong......and I can deal with a bit of hurt. It is funny though.......cuz I get worried I will hurt myself and be out of commission......and I CAN'T be out of commission. Any exercise hints or advice are appreciated :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh, also.....there are NO areas in my subdivision that are flat!!! Any direction I decide to ride in is uphill......and I swear, it is uphill to get home too!!! :lol:

gramabear45
05-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Good Morning,:)
Just a fly by for now. We have to go pick the GS today
Roma:carrot:

amylou7777
05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Friends!

Thank you all for the well-wishes, advice and encouragement.

Nicole, Barbara-you guys are SO right. I have yet to be exactly POP but just being OP for the past three days has made me feel SO much better. I bought a skirt suit last week for a luncheon I have today. It was pretty tight when I tried it on in the store but I loved it, so I bought it. I tried it on last night just to make sure I could actually sit in it etc, and it fit SO much better than last week. Even if the scale is still scary-this is very motivating!

Nicole-hooray for exercise! I have not lived up to my promise to exercise this week. I literally spent all day yesterday running personal errands for graduation stuff. Today is our graduation luncheon, but I really should be able to squeeze in a DVD when I get home. I wish I had a bike to ride, although our neighborhood is extremely flat!

I'm vowing to eat OP at the luncheon in a couple hours. It's at a fancy place so I'm hoping they will have good veggies and salad!

Dionne, Nicole-hope the kiddies feel better soon!

Dan-thanks for the tip! I've never taken beano before---but I might pick some up!

Kimphin-SO good to see you posting! Thanks for the encouragement!

Alright, must go do my hair for the luncheon. Hope you all are having a wonderful wednesday!

BarbaraB
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Kimphin, I do enjoy the spin classes, but I did purchase a gel seat. I went this morning as a matter of fact. I go up to 4 times a week, and I feel so fit even though I've not been doing a lot of anything else... besides a few abs and arm exercises right before spin class. I keep trying to add something else in, but it seems to fall by the wayside. Probably because my DH goes with me to the spin classes. We keep each other going, and bonus is that I have a fit hubby now too.

Nicole. I totally live on a hill... well actually it is called Bull Mountain, so I guess I live on a small mountain. I'm impressed with anyone who can ride their bike up our hill, and I'm scared to death to ride down it. I think it drops about 200 feet in elevation in 2 blocks. I should try to ride up the hill again and see if I can make it up after all those spin cycling classes.

CandlePrincess
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! I was just stopping by to say hello to all my old friends! How are things????
All is well here....My best friend and I have joined Weight Watchers since LAWL went bankrupt....and I'm back on the losing team!!!! I'm down 10lbs since joinging march 11th!
Just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey Heather! Good to see you!!! How are the kids? I am so happy for you that you are on the losing team once again. I am too.....but not since March......pretty much since yesterday....:lol:. What else is going on in your life?
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Barbara........I think you and I may have different definitions of what a hill is..:lol:.

CandlePrincess
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Nicole,
The kids are fabulous. DFS#1 has finally gone to termination! We should have decision one way or the other by June (of course we know that the time line for Child Services isn't always that accurate!) DFD....well she is 17 months old now and such a drama queen (i wonder where she gets that!) We have actually started the adoption for her, and hopefully by Fall that will be final! DFS#3 is 5 months old now...and we are well on our way to adopting him. His bio mom just isn't doing what she is supposed to (he is her 6th child and she doesn't have any of the other 5). Life is good...school is almost out, and we are planning a busy summer! DFS#1 is going to be potty trained this summer....(that's my plan, not sure it's in his plan! LOL).
Life is certainly good!

Congrats on grandbaby #1....i'm certain, he/she will be totally spoiled by Grandma!

dawn78
05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Heather, it’s good to “see” you and hear you’re back in the game! I’ve always wondered about how you were doing and how the pending adoptions were going. It seems like it’s been a long journey trying to adopt DFS #1 but I’m glad to hear things might be taking a turn and you could see a light at the end of the tunnel. That has got to be a good feeling! Keep us updated on WW and the kiddos.

MomOfThreeTeens
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Dawn and Heather!!!! Great "seeing" you both!!! Heather you do such a wonderul thing caring for those sweet babies! I hope everything works out smoothly!

JLem311
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
hey everyone. just stopping by quick and then i'm off to get my workout in for the day! :)

JLem311
05-07-2008, 04:52 PM
posted a new avatar and a pretty recent pic of the kids in my profile. :)

Mama Nicole
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
awwwwwww, Jillian.....you did a pretty great job on making those adorable kids :)
XOXO

JLem311
05-07-2008, 06:11 PM
nicole you're too sweet!
xoxo!

Dan2112
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey gang..

Checking in from lovely(?) Gallup, NM.. I'm here participating in a water conservation program for local school kids...

Stayed pretty good today.. Passed up on the free pizza and sub sandwiches they provided at the school and got myself a chicken salad.. Had some teriyaki chicken and veggies (w/rice) for dinner... And didn't eat all the rice!

The hotel has a bar, so I may go have a beer, but we'll see...

Have a great night!

chan
05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey Guys... I have a quick question about LAWL supplements ... I started using VitaMax Advanced ... has anyone had any experiences with this or other supplements?
My COD reccomended it because I have been having problems with my energy levels.

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Good morning all :)

Welcome, Chan. I cannot help you at all with supplement advice, as I have not taken any of them. I am already addicted to black coffee.....so I don't have energy problems :lol:. This is not advised......it's just my story :) I'm sure someone will chime in, as many have used them with good results ;)

So.......I did FF the last two days, and I raked in a nice 4.8 lb loss. This is NOT typical.....and I am quite certain it is becuase I was off plan for so long.....but in any case......I will take it and run with it.

Speaking of running........I did NOT get to ride my bicycle yesterday, and it has been raining for over 24 hours........but today, I WILL!!!! I could have done some other form of exercise, and if tonight it is still raining..........I will do something else. Hey, do you guys remember tae bo? :lol:. Good times, good times.........

Dan........WTG resisting the pizza and subs. It can't be easy when you are out of town all the time.

Ok, I have to get something done today............this whole week has been a whirlwind with errands. Oh, DD is doing well.......we only have 17 days until baby comes......and the doc says everything is perfect so far. I am starting to get really nervous. We have her child birth classes on Saturday. It is an all day event. Her DBF is supposed to come too........we'll see how that goes. I am expecting it to be just fine. anywhoo.............time to get to work :)

Have a great POP day, everyone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh, I have the most yummy treat to share....
SF Orange Julius
1- 6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1- cup milk
1- cup water
1/4 cup granulated splenda (or less to taste)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
8-12 ice cubes (I just do two handfuls)

Place all ingredients in blender for about 30 seconds. Serve.

This makes about 2 enormous cups of wonderul. I would guess the exchanges to be 1F, 1/2 D, 1C. If anyone still has access to LA Chef......maybe they could send this one to see what they say :) I just made this at my son's request :) I also mix in some benefiber or citrucel for him, as he has some issues ;)
XOXO
P.S. where is eveyrone today???

Repo girl
05-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, where is everyone?

Nicole- Sounds yummy. So, are you the coach, or is he? Or both?

pjbeau
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey, ya'll!!

Just a quick check-in to try and catch up on how everyone is doing this week. There is great progress being made by this group...:carrot:

I have been doing well this week...until yesterday...and I don't anticipate too many good choices for a few more days. Here's the story...DH was put into the hospital yesterday...he has a blood clot in his leg. Okay, backup a little...two weeks ago he had arthroscopic (sp?) surgery on his knee (problem linked to the injury last Fall). All seemed fine, but then over the weekend his leg began to swell more and was hurting more each time he tried to walk. So, we get into the Dr. yesterday...he sends DH for venous dopplar ultrasound...it comes back possitive for a blood clot...get sent to the ER...and admitted to the hospital. Sounds easy, but actually took about 8 very stressful hours. So, DH is getting Heparin I.V. for the next few days, then they will put him back on the Coumadin (which he was just taken off of a month ago). This man is only 43 yrs. old and I do think we've had enough medical drama. So, I'm really trying not to stress eat, but I am also eatting hospital or fast food for the next couple days. Hopefully, I can at least maintain...mostly my sanity... but the weight would be good too. ;)

I'll try to check in as I can.

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh Paula......how scary!!!! I will be thinking of you and your DH!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Katie.........I am not sure yet. I am sure we will talk about it more on Saturday. Everytime anyone asks her who will be with her, she always says, "my mom and my boyfriend." You know we all want our mamas when we are hurting......and I will be there for her for whatever she needs. If her BF is of better comfort to her, then I am fine with that too. It is so hard to have a baby.........whatever gets her through it, you know :) How's everything on your homefront?
XOXO

cecil
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Paula I am sorry! We will be thinking of you two.
That orange julius sounds great! Yum!

JLem311
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
hello all. nothing much to say today. i'm just totally looking forward to the weekend. i get off work at 10am tomorrow, so i'm super excited about that. :) that's about it for me..going to pick up the kids soon.

Repo girl
05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Nicole- I can imagine that she will need you there. She is so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I always wanted to have my mom and sisters with me, besides DH, but I ended up with 3 C-Sections. Besides, you have had 5 babies yourself. You will be a wonderful support to her.

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 05:54 PM
My mom was with me with all of my babies except #4, he was a planned c-section due to complete placenta previa......thank goodness for ultrasound!!!!! My DH was there with both boys also.........but I was lucky that I had both of them. My sis joined in on the fun on the last one too!!! Good times.

Hey, Jillian.......you have made and exceeded your goal for your NAMI walk!!!! WHOOHOOOOO!!!! I bet your kids are soooo happy to have their mama back in town. How long till DH comes home?

Ok, I am in an empty house...........which has only happened a few times in the last 17 years or so.......and it is soooo weird!!!! My two oldest DD's took the boys to McDonald's for ice cream. This is a new thing. I get really nervous letting the little ones go anywhere...........but I am trying to let go a bit. I know my girls will take good care of them..........yet I am having a hard time not jumping in my car and making sure they are ok..............

Well, I better get something done around here. I am so happy to report a third POP day in a row!!!!! Feels good!

equinetcan
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone

Not much new to report here. Vacation week is almost over and back to work on monday. But also back on monday to red 1 no lites. I have to get back on track and this is going to be it. I have been doing good the last few days. I debated going back to my center as they are having 50% off up here but honestly don't want to spend any more $$ and also have a trust issue if they will remain open long term. No centers around here even hinting of closing but still I am leary.

I have had Chancey all week too as the ex has been away so thats been good too. For those that don't remember or even know me yet - Chancey is my dog - I share custody - I know weird - but so far it works!!

Back to the gym tomorrow as part of getting back on track.

Thats about it for me...I'll check in later....

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Alannah.........this week seems to be my week to renew my attitude towards food......so c'mon and join me :) How nice you got to have Chancey for a week :) You both must have had a great week :) Enjoy the gym. It always feels so good to get back on track.
XOXO

equinetcan
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
My best friend is helping in the motivation part. She has recently lost 40 lbs and very soon will be losing more. She just had surgery so she lost another 6 lbs (from a breast reduction) but she will be getting back on track shortly to lose more. She is helping a lot.

My biggest hurdle is planning. I have to get my lunches ready the night before or at least get veggies and fruit cut up and such and put into containers or baggies. I just won't do it in the morning the way I should so starting when I go back to work next week it is getting done every night after supper. Also I need to try and preplan some meals although thats hard because being by myself now I get so tired of cooking for just me. I tend to use my slowcooker every sunday as that will give me stuff for a few meals. Usually its chicken or something. This sunday its chicken chili. But I did this before and I know I can do it again. I may not be able to control a lot in life right now but the one thing I can is what and how much I eat and its time I stopped making excuses for myself and realized I am only hurting myself.

But for the first little while the only ones knowing what I am doing are my two closest friends. Others tend to sabatage too much and question everything I eat. Also its just a lot less hassle. I work in a call center environment with over 400 people. Trust me - nothing stays private for long. I figure once I lose a bit they will notice and I can go from there. By then I will have got back on track and made some new habits.

Nicole - I know you will do it...you are a real trooper and a great motivator in your own right.

Jillian - you are doing great. I know you struggle at times as well but you really are someone to look up to!!

Have a great night everyone...

Mama Nicole
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
But I did this before and I know I can do it again. I may not be able to control a lot in life right now but the one thing I can is what and how much I eat and its time I stopped making excuses for myself and realized I am only hurting myself.

:carrot:Whooohoooo, Alannah! You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

Ok, guys, please tell me my kids aren't going to remember me as a witch doctor. A couple of them have some nasty bug that is giving them a runny nose, eye infection, and ear ache. Well.......after doing daycare for many years, and dealing with my own children's previous illnesses, I have become quite conservative with medicines. I am not against medication in general.........I think it is WONDERFUL for the most part........I am, however, very concerned about the over use of antibiotics. My oldest DD was sick soo much when she was little, and they gave her antibiotic after antibiotic, and she just always got sick......no matter what I did. Well, that was in the early 90's.......and now docs are giving kids fewer antibiotics, and even saying kids' cold meds are not really all that great for them, and don't actually do what they were intended to do........so...........the day before yesterday, I began treating 5 yo DS's eye infection with diluted baby shampoo drops. In two day.........his eye infection was completely gone. I had read about that a long time ago when I did daycare and they always passed around infections like that.........and then I would get it.....and I wear contacts......so I tried it on myself a few times, and it always worked for me. My sis has done it too.......so I was not worried about that treatment. But tonight, I took it to a new level. 3 yo. started complaining about his ear hurting......and a doctor from Wisconsin once told my girlfriend to take a spoonful of sweet oil.....mince a peice of fresh garlic into it......heat it over the burner until it bubbled.......cool it until it was barely warm, and then drop it into the affected ear. Garlic is supposed to have antiseptic agents and beable to ward off infection, and it is supposed to reduce inflamation also. Tonight is the first time I have tried it. Do you think I am nuts? :lol:. I mean, we all know the truth about my mental status.....but is this too tree huggerish? I just really feel like Emily's (17 yo DD) immune system was really compromised when she was young cuz she never fought anything on her own. Most of the time, that was not an option for her, as she had severe asthma and got pnemonia all the time........but the other kids fight things sooo well. I make them comfortable as I can with pain relievers......vicks.......heating pads.........cool washcloths....and the regular mom stuff......I am just really leary of antibiotics. So, the reason I am doubting myself is cuz my 12 yo DD just came and asked me if I would take her to the doc tomorrow if she wasn't better yet.......and her reason was she feels like she needs a doctor's excuse for school because she has missed two days in a row. WTF????? That is a whole new issue I have.....but we can save that for another day.......:lol:. Ok, DH is back from the store, and it is time for me to sit on my butt and watch some must see t.v. Hey, anyone watching AI this year? I was kind of sad to see Jason go........he has a certain charm about him.

Also.......I did attempt to ride my bike again tonight.............and I didn't go very long.........TOO FLIPPIN HILLY...........and I am sooo out of shape. I may just have to find a different work out....and that is not making me very happy......but we'll see.....maybe I'll just keep trying for short little bits and eventually I will get stronger.......right???

Ok, have a good night all :)
XOXO

gramabear45
05-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Good Evening everyone.

Nicole... I am the Dr in our family also,I have done candling the ear.
My husband almost burned me :) :dizzy: :dizzy:
I think Vick's is so good when your sick.Anyway NO you are not crazy.:D

Well the GS is not with us anymore. Picked him up at the hospital. He started giving us guff,DH called the cops,he was a mean one and really laid into him. Long story short he's gone.
Didn't sleep real well last night,but I know its worrying about him. I hope it gets better. :?: :?: :?:
Enough said , I m going to enjoy some t.v. and crochet awhile

Repo girl
05-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Nicole- Well, you know that I would not think you are crazy at all. In fact, I made some garlic ear drops for my DD a couple of months ago, and they did a great job. My kids stay really healthy. When anyone has a cough, I put eucalyptus oil into my oil diffuser and it really helps. Also, rubbing vicks on your feet then putting on socks before bed really helps colds. I make home made cough syrup with lemon, honey, sage, ginger, and thyme. It does a great job, and no crappy stuff! If DH or I have a sore throat we take a shot of firewater before bed. Hurts like ****, but the sore throat is gone by morning. I just bought a book off of Amazon called Mother Nature's Herbs. It has tons of herbal remedies. For instance, did you know that rubbing radish juice onto bunions for a few days will make them go away? Anyways, keep at what you are doing. I believe that we are often over medicated.

Gramabear- Sorry that you have had such a tough time with GS.

ferrarimomof2
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone,

I had two bad days. I got on the scale this morning and I am up 4lbs. I think most of it is water. So, I am going to do lemon water and green tea today. I have not felt well for the past two days and have been eating the wrong foods. My MIL and FIL came over last night and brought us milk shakes and Arby sandwiches and fries. I ate it knowing I shouldn't. However, I didn't feel like cooking. So, I promise myself that I am going to be POP today.

I hope everyone else has a POP day.

Katie- What is the firewater shot? I have a sore throat right now and a mild cold.

Gramabear- Sorry about your GS.

Have a great day.

equinetcan
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I am just doing a quick stop in before leaving for awhile. Even though I am off this week it is our team lunch today for work so I am going to meet them. We get to go out once a month on management's dollar. They chose Pizza Hut this time so likely a salad it will be for me. I haven't been there in years so I have no idea what I will get.

After that I am taking my friend that just had surgery out so she can get something for her mom for sunday. She can't drive and shes moving kinda slow so she needs someone that will be patient and sit down if she needs it. So me it is.

I will check in after I get back...have a great day!!!;)

Dan2112
05-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey all...

Just saying hi.. Made it back from Gallup in one piece, but really tired from the trip...

As always when I go out of town, I end up with "plumbing" problems... So I'll be upping my fiber intake for a couple of days.. Nice conversation topic, I know... :lol:

DD's 11th birthday party is tomorrow, so we'll have a house full of squealing, giggling girls.. I had planned to take Danny to see Speed Racer, but Alexandra wants to go too, so I guess "so much for boy's night out"...

Anyway.. busy day ahead.. We're having a goodbye lunch for a co-worker at Olive Garden.. I'm planning on a chicken ceasar, but the five cheese rigatoni is REALLY calling my name thanks to the commercials I've been seeing on TV.. Wish me strength!!!!

Kimphin
05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
PAula - how scary for you and DH! Thankfully he went to the Dr. I hope he is well on the road to recovery now.

Nicole - Mama Nicole, Medicine Woman! Actually - I think that it is best to let things be, just like you are doing. We need to get sick so that we can build up immunities in our bodies, or else we are in for some deep Sh** if a pandemic hits. I've never heard of the baby shampoo thing - how much do you dilute it?

Alannah - welcome back on the wagon with us all. Glad you got Chancey for an extended time.

Dan - I'm sure that the rigatoni is NOWHERE as good as it looks. None of that stuff ever is.

I forgot to weigh in this morning.... that floors me! (I am in a 12 step program for scale abuse) so, tomorrow it is. Yesterday was not a POP day, but it was mostly OP. DH and I were in a golf tournament and then we had our last night of bowling and the banquet after. Quite the sporty day. Came away from the bowling banq with over $200! Woo hoo!

Hi to everyone and be good this weekend.

Mama Nicole
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Good morning :) Gee, it's almost afternoon.........

Paula.....I know you are busy......any word on DH?

Anyway.....the baby shampoo thing..........funny you should ask......the first time I did it, it was to myself......and I put a drop of straight baby shampoo in my eye......and let me tell you.......IT IS NOT TEARFREE!!!! I think maybe years ago, it was. It used to be really runny, but now it is thick like maple syrup. Anyway.......I don't measure it, I just put a couple of tablespoons of warm water in a clean glass cup and then squeeze, oh, about 1/2 to 1 tsp of baby wash or shampoo, whichever I have in the house. Then I use a spoon and pour a little bit into the eye. When I use it on myself, I use a tiny glass (I sure wish I had an eyewash glass).....and give my eyeball a drink with it. Looks ridiculous, but it is easier than trying to spoon it into my own eyes. Sometimes it smarts for a second or two, but even my kids barely wince at it. If you eye is itchy, it actually hurts so good, cuz that eye itching can be unbearable. I do it just before bed, and in the a.m. For the kids, I usually do it three times a day, and the infection is often gone within 24 hours. My rule of thumb is, if it doens't stay the same or get better within 24 hours....it's off to the doc we go. So far.......so good :)

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? We have Emily's childbirth classes all day saturday, and I am hoping we are just going to laze around on Sunday....but we'll see. If the weather cooperates, we will probably take the kids to the park. I have found that to be one of my favorite places to go on a halmark holiday. People tend to under utilize the parks and go to brunch instead. I like peacefulness..........so I opt for the park :) Plus.......the kids always behave at the park, and that makes it a fun day for everyone.

Ok, I so have to go see what my darling little boys are up to. I think they are straight off the set of the little rascals..........

Have a great day eveyrone :)
XOXO

JLem311
05-09-2008, 02:03 PM
hey everyone. home from work now..over an hour later than i planned. ugh! i'm so happy that this week is over. it's been a horrible one!
i plan on chillin' with the kids this afternoon and all evening, then i have a few errands to run tomorrow morning, then the kids are coming over later and then sunday i'm by myself. i won't get to see the kids on mother's day, but we're celebrating tonight and tomorrow. julia made me something at school yesterday and then i got a 30min massage and pedicure gift certificate at a classy upscale place from the kids also (former dh really since the kids are too young to buy stuff!) so that was a really nice surprise! :)

oh and today is military spouse appreciation day, so if you know any military spouses--make sure to thank them and give them a smile or hug today. :)

hope everyone has a good rest of the day!

pjbeau
05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks so much for the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers.

So far, everything seems to be going well. This morning the Dr. said he is going to order another ultrasound of his leg to see if there is any change after being on the Heparin for two days. He is telling us to expect at least another 3-4 days in the hospital. Poor DH is going stir crazy. As long as he is on the Heparin they do not want him out of bed...at all. He did convince the nurse to let him wash his hair in the shower real quick this morning.

Well, that's all for now, I'm on my way to get more DVDs so I can keep him still. I'll check in when I can to let you know how the ultrasound goes.

4princesses
05-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi all! Things have been crazy busy around here.... I'll try to catch up later. How was your week? Any exciting plans for the weekend? Stay POPing! *hugs*:hug:

BarbaraB
05-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Jillian, We all appreciate the big sacrifice that you are making! I know it has been hard to let your spouse be gone to the military, and it will likely be even harder to let him go overseas into combat zones, but really without sacrifices like yours, we would all lose our freedoms, so thank you, and thanks to your DH also. Did they give that poor boy his cell phone back again? Are you hearing from him more regularly? Hopefully SD will be easier to deal with now that it is not winter. I don't know where I would do all that well in someplace that sounded so cold. Heck I didn't do so well in Spokane, WA, too snowy for me. I always say, at least you don't have to shovel the rain! Today is nice though.

Paula, I hope you are not stressing out too much with DH in the hospital. If he is anything like my DH, keeping him in bed would require a rope and some sedatives... LOL... Good luck, and just do you best to make the best choices that you can. You are worth taking care of too.

Allannah, Good to see you posting again! I didn't share that I was dieting with people that I work with for a long time, since you are right. Everyone has an opinion... Including those who decide when you've "lost enough" and then want to feed you back up to your previous weight for some reason. You are totally worth taking care of! So be good to yourself. Going to the gym is excellent not just for weight loss, but for relieving the job stress! I always feel so much better after I go (although before I go I never seem to think it will help).

Nicole, Who knows how the boy friend will deal with the very real birth process... As a lot of guys don't do well with needles and blood and all. I don't think you are crazy at all to try other alternatives to antibiotics. They are not really good for you, and have been totally overused. Even very scientific medical doctors think so. It is only bad if what you are doing is not working and I'm sure you would not risk your children's eye sight or hearing. My Mother In Law always used to pour olive oil in my DH ears when he was small, some old italian remedy (I would not at all be surprised if there was garlic involved).

Dan, Welcome back. I looked at the olive garden menu and Venetian Apricot Chicken looks like one of their lowest fat/calorie choices. You don't always have to have the salad! Many restaurant salads are not the lowest calorie choices anyway. Branch out and try something new. The minnestroni soup is only 164 calories... although I'm not sure the salt police would approve.

JLem311
05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
barbara--thanks! yeah, dh has had his cell back since march and we get to talk pretty much every night for at least 2hrs..so that is wonderful! :)
he should be getting his laptop back sometime next week, so we can then do some webcamming, so that will be nice to at least see his face while we're talking. we're down to about 3 months until he'll be back home, so i'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! :)

WindSong40
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
hi everyone,

i introduced myself in another thread. I'm Michelle and just about to start the program again after having to stop about 6 months ago. I've gained back most of what i lost and have to say i'm feeling pretty bad about that, but hey, time to pick myself back up and get back at it. looking forward to getting to know you guys. I'm doing the program on my own this time, can't afford to go to the center. i asked mama nicole for deb's cookbook, but seems i'm not allowed to pm until after 10 posts so i will pm you my email addy when i'm able to mama nicole. thanks so much.

equinetcan
05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Welcome Michelle - You aren't alone in doing this without the help of a center. For some its due to closings for others like myself its more financial. I also wasn't happy with the counsellors at my center after awhile either.

I am on red 1 no lites and will use the postings on here and the knowledge of everyone here to move myself from color to color. I tried the new numbered plan before I left the center but it was way too much food for me so I went back to the colored that I knew worked from experience. I find for me this is one of the most flexible plans to work with and I can work it into my work schedule and such easier than others. I know others find it restricting but I don't.

Have fun and please don't hesitate to post - everyone here is very suportive and helpful - on good days and bad!!!

WindSong40
05-10-2008, 12:25 AM
thanks equinetcan! when i started (the first time around lol) i was on red. they had just switched me to the numbered plans when i quit going. i was put on plan 3 because i'm a shift worker. i didn't notice much of a weight loss on that plan, but i attributed that to the stress in my life.

I won't be going to the center either because of finances, its just too expensive and i didn't care for the counsellors at the center close to my house either. but mostly i hated the sales pitch every time i went in. lol

gramabear45
05-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Good evening all,:)

Things are pretty mellow around here. DH mowed the grass and I did some painting on a project.
Still worrying about GS,I know it will take time to get over the little devil living with us for a year.I was in his room mucking it out. We need to get the rest of his things over to his parent place on Sat. :(

Jillian.... I was a military wife. Now retired so know how you are feeling right now. :hug:
We have another older GS that was stationed at 29 palms. Now in San Diego
He did three tours in Iraq.
Well I hope you all are having a great weekend.
Roma

Mama Nicole
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh, Roma.....I don't envy you :hug:. My mom and dad currently have my 18 yo nephew living with them......and they struggle so much. It is good you were there for him, and it is also good that you were able to let go when it was time. I am sure that was extremely difficult.

Well, I am off to child birth classes with dd and her dbf. I hope you all have a POP day, and I want to let you all know that I am going to go to a hospital and stay POP!!!!
XOXO

tje4481
05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello My Friends!

I've had a great week! My Mom and I went to Cleveland to visit with my sis's family. Had a wonderful time. How is it that the kids get older and we don't seem to age at all??? :)

I apparently made good choices 'cause I'm happy to announce that I've had a 4lb. loss.YAHOO! Sooooo.....that's 14 in total! It's been a long haul, but definitely worth it. It' doesn't seem as easy as it did the first time I was on LA....but good things aren't easy and I'll plug along.

I don't know how you guys keep up with all the posts and who did what and what happened to whom. :-) My head is spinning after reading over the past week's posts!:dizzy:

I've tried the Luna bars and the Zone bars and liked them both as a back up for when my LA bars run out.

Congrats to the Grads....
Finger's crossed for those under the weather
and to everyone else...
SMILE...and keep the faith! We can do this....with a little help from our awesome and inspirational friends!

Tami

tje4481
05-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Special note to Jillian....

I would just like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and your family. Your sacrifice is monumental. I can't imagine what you and your's must go through on a daily basis. Your Husband will be always in my prayers. Thank you....always.... Tami

WindSong40
05-10-2008, 01:17 PM
good morning everyone. well i'm starting my first TO today, wish me luck, lol someone in another thread had mentioned the president's choice juice as a replacement for LA's juice, it tastes just like their juice, so we'll see how well it works for me. i am going to try the plan without using any bars.

wtg on the 4lb loss tami!! thats awesome!!

JLem311
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Special note to Jillian....

I would just like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and your family. Your sacrifice is monumental. I can't imagine what you and your's must go through on a daily basis. Your Husband will be always in my prayers. Thank you....always.... Tami

awww, thank you so much Tami! your post made me tear up. i really appreciate it.

tje4481
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Jillian,

It is too often that we take for granted the wonderful life we live, the freedoms we possess, and the sacrifice our young men and women made for us in the past and every day of our lives. It is worth nothing if we cannot even say thank you. :-) You, are most welcome.....T.

LoisKent
05-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Heres a quick wish to one and all for one and all to have a great mom's day and sure hope you are all treated like the queens that you are by all your loved ones and by yourself . Stay POP and take care .:balloons: