100 lb. Club - I spy...
05-05-2008, 02:31 AM
So, the kids and I were playing this today -- thought we could give it a try here --
List three things you spy in a room in your house that would not have been there before your lifestyle change -- I'll go first :D
The treadmill in the middle of the dining room.
The WW recipes posted to my fridge.
My very own cabinet full of "my food".
05-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Cute Shelby. I like. I like. :)
-My bee-ut-iful & oh so accurate friend, my Tanita Scale
-Boxes and boxes of Fiber One Cereal (I hoard the stuff when it's on sale)
-A bursting closet, full of stylish clothing - hmmm, that kinda came AFTER the lifestyle change so I'll sneak in another
-My resistance band
This is a cute idea Shelby and I look forward to reading everyone's responses. Here are my three:
1) My hand weights
2) The bowl of fruit on my counter
3) The sneakers I use to exercise and walk with each day
05-05-2008, 09:06 AM
1. The 5 bags of 'fat' clothes that are in garbage bags in the hallway ready to go to the thrift store.
2. The pedometer I wear every day now and am addicted to
3. The sleeveless shirt I walk in-- in the DAYLIGHT now
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
1. Fage yogurt
2. My Firm Transfirmation weights and dvds
3. My new rose bush (okay, this is outside LOL) that I got as a reward for getting into the 150s.
I have a treadmill in my dining room too
A Nordic Track in my office
A fit, way energetic, smiling and muscular jack russell dog- he was getting chunky until we started walking miles a week. I wish my progress was as speedy and apparent as his!
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Very cool idea! Here is my list!
1. Elliptical in the family room
2. Hand weights on the side table in the family room
3. SB book and recipes on kitchen counter at all times!
05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
1) cottage cheese in the fridge always
2) WATP dvds
3) size 22 pants!
05-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I like this!!
1. 5 beautiful spiral notebooks where I have written down my daily food plan, logged what I eat, and kept track of my calories.
2. lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables in the kitchen and fridge
3. a full closet of clothes that are way too big on me - ready to be packed up.
4. one more - I think the most important one for me - 4 wonderful meditation CD's - different approaches. I listen to one almost everyday.
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
1 - my gym bag, packed and ready by the front door every morning
2 - stack of Shape and Cooking Light magazines
3 - jar of homemade low-fat yogurt in the fridge and frozen berries in the freezer
05-06-2008, 08:29 AM
What a great game:D
In my house, I now spy:
1. walnuts instead of potato chips
2. lots and lots of different kinds of beans in the pantry
3. grapes and not chocolate in the fridge
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Too cool. To make it a little more challenging, I will only do things that I can see from my vantage point as I type this.
*Handweights ranging in size from 2 lbs. to 12 lbs.
*MP3 player charging for my daily dose of exercise
*3FatChicks on my computer screen! (Is that cheating? Okay, one more then...)
*MY FEET! I never used to be able to see them when I looked down
05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
1. Elliptical Trainer in my bedroom (no room elsewhere)
2. My food diary that's written in every day
3. My workout chart on my desk
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Calendar tracking daily weight by the scale.
Espresso/Latte machine on the kitchen counter (I know you're laughing, but I finally found a way to get the dairy allotment in. Previously I either just overlooked/ignored this part of a "diet" as I couldn't stand milk. Or I ate it in pudding, yogurt, LF or LC ice creams etc. & got intestinal cramps. Steaming it seems to break it down enough that it doesn't upset my stomach. Although I don't drink coffee, mixing the steamed milk with espresso gives it a flavor that allows me to swallow the milk.)
Watering can on the kitchen counter so I'll remember to water the garden boxes on the patio.
05-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Roasted Almonds in my pantry (I've never eaten nuts and lost weight before)
Folder in my kitchen full of South Beach friendly recipes
Greek yogurt in my fridge (Love this)
Piles of clothes outside my closet going to a charity tomorrow
05-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Very cute idea!! This is a hard one for me, I've been watching my diet and exercise for SO long - I also went to school to get a degree in Health and Fitness (dropped out when I realized I wasn't healthy or fit). But here's my attempt..
1. 100 calorie packages of almonds - I tend to eat toooo many almonds! (I buy everything in a single serving size if I can, takes the thought out of it)
2. fresh pineapple in the fridge, cut and ready to go.
3. Bottles of water EVERYWHERE, I absolutely hate drinking water, but having these around encourages me to drink more.
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
1. The Bike
2. Books about strength training (I would have laughed myself into hysterics if you had told me I would EVER care about that "crap")
3. sun tea (green tea) brewing on the deck in a gallon jar
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
- exercise ball in the basement
- Jillian DVD's that I actually use
- piles of clothes that are too big
- wheat bread on the counter