20-Somethings - May NSV

View Full Version : May NSV

RememberHowToSmile
05-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I thought I would start this up, we havenít had a tread like this in a while. Here is a place where you can post any NSV you have. What is an NSV, it is a Non Scale Victory, everything that is positively related to your weight loss that doesnít show up on the scale.

RememberHowToSmile
05-04-2008, 11:21 PM
My first May NSV I put on a pair of shorts that I bought at the end of last summer because it was warm and they were partically falling off of me. I was suprised because I hadn't lost that much this year.

KatieLeighVOLS
05-04-2008, 11:27 PM
NSV: Does finding a great recipe count? :) I love love love to cook, but my family isn't always so excited about trying out my Weight Watchers recipes (although they're usually really yummy!) I made Snickers Pie tonight (1 pint Vanilla FF frozen yogurt, 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1 box chocolate SF FF instant pudding mix, and 1/2 cup light Cool Whip--mix, freeze, take out to thaw a little, cut into 6 pieces---3 points a serving.. DELICIOUS) I was so excited to find a recipe that my family and my boyfriend loved, and I did too!

Also, I wore shorts and felt completely confident about myself! (except my definite lack of color, haha!)

vdaybaby
05-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Let's see: today I worked out for 45 minutes, and I usually automatically stop at 30 because that is the time recommended for weight loss...but I went 45..go me!

haha...and yes I think a great recipe should totally count!

taragettingthin
05-05-2008, 03:51 AM
I used to latin dance, and years ago I went dancing with bunch of my friends to a latin dance club. They played a "free-style" reggae music and we were all dancing. Well, I got "low" but my weak legs didn't want to listen to my brain and I couldn't get back up. Oh, how embarrassing!!! That was before I even had my daughter.
Anyways, I went out for my friend's b-day on Saturday night..and was dancing. "Apple bottom jeans" came on and of course all the girls started going "low".. I remembered that time at the latin club and wasn't even going to try, but figured, oh well, let me try..and I went and came up with no problem...and it wasn't just once, either! I know I've been doing lots of lunges and other leg workouts, but didn't think my legs are now that "strong". On top of that, I got to work them out while dancing, too!

Also, on Friday, I put on this one pair of jeans that I couldn't button up and I was able to button it up. It's still quite tight but even being able to button it up sure made me feel good. =)

So... would that count as NSV? =)

taragettingthin
05-05-2008, 03:54 AM
it is a Non Scale Victory, everything that is positively related to your weight loss that doesn’t show up on the scale.

I really like this thread. Sometimes looking at the scale gets me depressed, but NSV's would surely motivate me and keeps me going! =)

Let's see: today I worked out for 45 minutes, and I usually automatically stop at 30 because that is the time recommended for weight loss...but I went 45..go me!

Yay! Go vdaybaby! Good for you!! I know that feeling! I remember when I first started doing my TransFirmation dvd, I wasn't able to do all the lunges and stuff..but now, after 1 month of doing it 5 day/week, I am able to finish it all! =)

sh3l5
05-05-2008, 05:50 AM
nsv size 12 clothes fitting very easily....
seeing handles shrink....
fitting into clothes i cudnt wear tthis time last year....
being confident enuf in myself 4 the guy i like to show interest in me!....

vixjean
05-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Congrats Girls! I am very proud of you all!
1. My jeans fit from last summer again!
2. My MIL told me that I am losing weight and she can see it in my face.
3. My sister has decided she is starting her weight loss journey - and wanted me to cheer her on (from 1,000 miles away) - I am so proud of her, this is the best NSV we can get.
4. Got my man to do a small workout on Friday night!
5. My thighs and fat on my hips - I CAN SEE IT GOING DOWN!
6. My face is starting to actually look thinner!

carolineintx
05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I was going through my box of clothes that are too small to fit, and I realized that just about everything in the pile, including some stuff from high school, actually fit!! Which is good, although I now have a quickly growing pile of clothes that are too loose and baggy to wear! I have some good bras that are in that pile too, so sad! Still, its a good excuse to go shopping soon :)

MonteCristo
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
It's only the fifth of May, but I've already got a couple of NSVs to share.

Yesterday at church one of lovely older gentlemen turned to me and said, "you've lost a lot a weight, haven't you." That may not sounds like much, but this particular gentleman isn't extremly observant, so his noticing was a fabulous boost.

Saturday I pulled out an old pair of pants that I had loved last year. I had felt so gorgeous in those pants, and I was devastated when they no longer fit. Well I got them out and tried them on and THEY WERE WAY TOO BIG!!!! I mean, they were literally hanging off of me, and looked positively ridiculous! That was so totally awesome!

orthodiva
05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Congrats to everyone's NSV's! It's fun to read about the excitement of not having clothes fit you anymore - in a good way! I need to find myself some NSVs this week so I can post on here too and stay motivated.

mrsaugie
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
i have nothing this month thus far.

good going to all of you.

charisma classic
05-07-2008, 05:30 PM
On Monday I had to chase my ever-in-shape bosses up two flight of stairs as we were running late setting up for a trade show and couldn't find the elevators. So carrying a box of coffee mugs and brochures and wearing 2-inch heels, up I went. And when I got to the top - I realized I could still carry on the conversation we were having without gasping for air at all!

PrettyPaula
05-07-2008, 05:39 PM
awesome NSVs everyone!!

so far my two best friends and a guy at work have all asked if ive lost weight...

i can now do the side plank exercises in my pilates workout i couldnt do them before, and i can also do ALL of the leg exercises when i could not 2 weeks ago!

cephalopod gal
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Ahh I love NSVs. :)

I finished my finals today (hooray!) but I managed to catch a virus earlier in the week and have a deathly cold (boooo).

NSV= I pushed through it and just did 30 minutes on the stationary bike that I bought myself with my tax refund. Woo! I might hack up a lung, but the coughing is actually a lot better than it was yesterday, haha.

Also, I totally got my mom into the stationary bike and she did 10 mins yesterday!! I'm so glad she's starting to work out. :)

Anyways yes. On... to... the medicine cabinet!! LOL :)

prepping
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
NSV's are a fantastic idea!!! (My scale and I aren't talking right now - it's been saying the exact same thing for the last 2 weeks) :p

May:
1. Clients yesterday, who happen to be a lovely little elderly couple, went on and on about how I should be a model. When i said a model would typically be half my size they raved about how they're looking for good looking "healthy" bodies.
2. Broke out a bikini I bought just because it was on sale ($5 Reebok!) that I've never worn because it's itsy-bitsy and the hubby raved how it fit perfectly and my other ones are all looking like they're getting too big.
.......... and I believed him!

woo hoo!

scorpio88
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Went shopping yesterday to find new black pants for work, and I am a true size 7 (in about 95% of stores..there's maybe a few stores where their sizes run so small that I have to squeeze into a size 7 but I blame it on the store ;)). I went into Rickis yesterday for the heck of it (never shop in there), and I found these black pants for $29.99 on sale from $50. The lady goes, "what size are you?" I tell her a size 7, and she goes, "we only go in even sizes." So she gave me a size 6 tall and they fit! AND they were very loose in the back so I'll need a belt (we have to wear them to work anyway but still..). Normally I'm more on the 7/8 then a 6/7. So that was a huge victory for me. I'm now closer to a size 5 then I am to a size 8. :D

MonteCristo
05-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I've finally made the drop from size 16 to size 14. :cheer:

sexybrokechick
05-10-2008, 08:21 AM
My mom complimented me on losing weight, saying she could see I was smaller in the face, my arms (which I carry a lot of fat, the toning dvd is working!), around my stomach (I have a huge gut but it is getting smaller) and that my clothes feel better. My family tends to be very critical of how I look so it was great that my mom is noticing that I'm losing weight.

taragettingthin
05-11-2008, 12:15 PM
1. My bf made a pan cake for breakfast yesterday, which I had not even half and was full... He was sad about it, I told him I felt guilty for not eating. And we ended up having an argument. HAHA...He IS very supportive of my weight loss but I guess he was sad that I didn't even eat half. :P
2. I went to a lunch with my friend yesterday and she ordered french fries, which I kinda wanted to but didn't have any. I didn't even touch any and was very proud of myself by the time we left the restaurant. =)

graciegoose13
05-11-2008, 01:13 PM
i just got through a day at the theme park, a birthday, and a really nice seafood meal in the last 3 days and was able to not overeat!

and my clothes are definitely fitting better...dare i say getting loose? :)

Meesha80
05-11-2008, 02:33 PM
My NSV is to wear a cute top my sister bought me a month ago its just a little tight hopefully it will happen ;)

sunback
05-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I had bought a pair of cargo-ish pants at Old Navy a few months ago when they were on clearance. Size 20, but I didn't try them on because my son was with me (and, well, he's not exactly patient! He's almost 2...). When I tried them on at home they were way too snug across the hips but I decided to keep them because I KNEW I'd fit into them soon... I just remembered them today and dug them out and tried them back on and they are WAY TOO BIG now! Kinda sucky that I never got to wear them, but oh well! Time to dig out the receipt and return them... YAY!! :carrot:

misstraveller
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
My boss's boss complimented me and said, Wow, you've lost a lot of weight! YAY! Someone noticed! :) :carrot:

KatieLeighVOLS
05-20-2008, 05:00 PM
My promise ring is now too big and almost falling off my finger..which is okay because my boyfriend and I went engagement ring shopping this past weekend! :)

SavingServo
05-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Nothing too much to report sadly. Other than I can see my belly getting smaller again. :D And I biked 10 miles in the past two days. Hopefully more will come next month.

rockstar87
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Yay! I love these threads.

I've had a few these last few weeks. Umm...second week of May I ran sprints at 12.0mph on the treadmill for 15sec and when I tried to go to 12.5mph it told me the treadmill didn't go past 12. So...basically, I beat the treadmill. :D

And then on the weekend my mum said all my pants looked too big but I was convinced there was absolutely no way I was a size 12. And then, of course, I was tempted to find out how close I was to fitting into a 12 and I found some pants in the back of my closet and low and behold they fit fine. So then I went to buy new jeans and they are indeed a 12. Hahaha. I guess mom's know best. I have such a problem seeing the weight loss in my lower body so that kinda put things in perspective.