Old 05-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #1  
Success Leads to Success

S/C/G: 161.8/161.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Help! The wagon is tipping and I am falling off…

I have been doing so good but that TOM is here and I am falling of the wagon … I write this as I eat Nachos… HELP!!!!!
The starchs and the salt .... they are why I am on LAWL in the first place and I can't keep myself away today!:
o
chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Stupid TOM! Makes us do crazy things. It'll all be ok! A little snack once in a while won't kill you. But if you feel you are out of control binging, I find brushing my teeth makes me stop.
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #3  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Chan! You have been doing soo good! Just offset it with a lot of water! You can do this be strong! TOM is hard for everyone. The Cravings are doubled. Did you make a healthier version on nachos, try to still stay on plan as much as possible!

Or eat a piece of gum!

Last edited by cecil; 05-03-2008 at 12:08 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #4  
Success Leads to Success

I just went for a long walk to occupy myself ...
I find that since I started the Free to Live plan I have been horrible with eating things that I am not suppose to! When I was on LA Express I was POP mostly all the time!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #5  
mugwhumps

i'm having the loathed TOM and I'm on hold since I just had surgery and they said on the phone when I called "you should eat whatever you want to heal" ..... so ok I bought a box of ice cream sandwiches and haven't been eating many veggies... how do I get myself back on plan (and satisfy cravings).... before I go back to weigh in (and hope I didn't gain 10 pounds :S )
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  
Success Leads to Success

This weekend has not been good at all (at least not when it comes to LAWL)!
Just to give you an idea of my distruction .... I am talking Nachos, Beer, Fries & Gravy..... I see a take off in my future ... Oh well, I did it to myself!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

Crazy TOM - it got me in trouble for a couple of weeks this month too. Cravings and emotional eating. I hovered around the same weight for just over 2 weeks because of it. Hoping that this next week I can beat the cravings.

Well, just remember no one is perfect and that tomorrow is a brand new day to start new.
We all believe that you can do this!!
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh man.. Chips and gravy.. Deadly combination, but OH SO GOOD!!!

Chan.. You have to think about what put you there in the first place. It's easy to blame it on TOM and I guess that truely is part of it... Liz has some cravings around that time of the month, but for the most part, she's able to resist...

You also have to think about how you got into the position where that food was available? Did you make it yourself or were you out with friends and just gave in? Obviously, if you made it yourself, you need to not buy stuff at the store that will allow you to do that..

If you were out and about pubbing, you need to prep yourself for the next time.. Eat before you go.. And eat good things.. If you think you're going to cave in, make sure you save up your starches and fats so that the damage is not so severe.. Countering the bad food with water only goes so far.. If you end up doing some damage, then follow that up the next day with light foods and lean proteins, and be especially sure to lay off the heavy starches..

After that? Let it go.. If you dwell on the fact that you gave in, you'll lose sight of the goal and just start sinking... Seriously... All those negative vibes you're giving yourself lead straight back to the nachos and fries.. And then, as a result, you'll end up feeling even worse and not even the momentary pleasures of junk food will help..

I've been preaching the positive motivation of saying "no" ever since I've been on this plan...

Despite what the chemicals in your body are telling you during this TOM, you can win out by realizing how good it feels to say no.. Sure you want to go out and drink with your friends and join them in their snacks and beer.. And at the time, when you say "no" you may feel a bit left out.. But afterward, when you realize you overcame the urges, some serious positive vibes will hit you and you'll realize that you had a major victory...

Just remember that not all our victories are on the scales... This battle is largely mental.. YOU CAN DO IT!

Now go put on some "Great Big Sea" and relax... Today is a new day!!

Last edited by Dan2112; 05-05-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Mug when I was on hold for surgery last May I ate what I wanted and I was fine when I went back. Your body needs extra calories to heal. Thats not saying that you can binge like a linebacker but if you want a little of something eat it.You'll be fine! Hope your recovery is a smooth one!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #10  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I agree the TOM brings on cravings, but I also think that we allow it. During TOM our eatting is fueled by emotions, which we are supposed to be learning to only eat for nutrition. Sometimes it's easy for us to fall back into emotional eatting and blame it on TOM. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm preaching...cause I do it too...just trying to change the way I think about some issues.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #11  
Success Leads to Success

Thanks So Much Everyone!
I am happy to say that that wagon is no longer tipping and I did learn from my Saturday eats (and drinks). I was sooooo thirsty and bloated yesterday - I must of drank 5 litres of water. I caved on the Nacho's when my partner was out for the day and they were left out .... then from there I decided that the day was a write off and ate everything I saw... NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!! Easy enought to blame it on TOM but really I made the decision
I am so glad that I have 3FC... my COD's answer is ALWAYS "it's ok, it happens"... they show no concern at all!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #12  
LAWL Salt Police

Well, at the same time, they DO realize that it happens and don't want you to feel too down about it..

What they need to be doing is saying that "Yes, it does happen and it's ok.... BUT, you need to pick yourself up and get back on track. - If you dwell on it, you're going to do worse!"...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #13  
Success Leads to Success

You are right for sure Dan!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

If I didn't know what t.o.m. actually meant I'd think this Tom fellow was a big jerk for making all these women go off plan.

Last edited by betty big bum; 05-05-2008 at 09:45 PM.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #15  

LMAO

I was confused for a split second but caught on , thank god!
WE say the alien is visiting, because of the pain and it always feels liek something is trying to tear itself out of my Ovaries. Oh the names we give it!

I often try to take long walks, give myself a pedicure( to take my mind off of things) warm (not hot) baths, and buy my favorite fruit (raspberry, bleuberries, blackberries) and a dallop of 95% fat free whip cream.

For Crunch i often bake Pita chips with some garlic powder and Rosemary.
YUM!

Hope these ideas help!

Hugs
Dee
Dionysiusa is offline   Reply With Quote