20-Somethings - Motivation clothing

View Full Version : Motivation clothing

utgirl09
05-02-2008, 09:02 PM
So we all have our own weight loss goals. I know that I have a closet full of jeans that I would like to fit into. But is there a particular item of clothing that you cannot wait to wear? Something when you hit your goal (or mini goal) you are excited to put on? I have a couple of things, but one goal of mine is to wear this coat next winter. The picture really does not do it justice, but it is a nice burnt orange wool coat. I got it for a steal on clearance at the end of winter. The original price was $250, but I got it for $25. So I really want to wear it this winter. So, what is your goal clothing?

taragettingthin
05-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't have "THE ULTIMATE GOAL" clothing...but I do have couple items that I brought from Korea. One of them is a pair of jeans, very cute, and I ordered it online, wasn't able to fit in, ended up losing weight from stress, then was able to wear it. It was still TIGHT on me, though... My goal on the way to the ultimate goal would be being able to wear that one. And as I'm hoping to reach the ultimate goal by this winter or at least by March of next year, (-70 lbs) that jean would be BIG on me when I reach the goal. :D

utgirl09
05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
The coat is not my ultimate goal either. It is just an along the way goal as well. My ULTIMATE goal is for it to be too big for me. I don't have an ultimate goal outfit I would like to wear though.

sunflowergirl68
05-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I have this pair of Lucky Brand jeans that I got half price and they're adorable.... all I need to lose is my first goal (meaning i need to be at 179) in order to fit into them.

billiam
05-03-2008, 12:22 AM
I've just hit my goals a few days ago. I went out and bought a bunch of new clothes! I hope you all reach yours.

chickennugget126
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Last year I lost 20 pounds and was in the best shape of my life and went out and bought lots of new, cute clothes to fit my body... Since then I've gained it all back, and now am starting to lose again, but SLOWLY (grrr)... so I would like to be able to wear those "slim" clothes again!

I swear, my closet has sizes ranging from 1 to 8's... it's like there's three different girls sharing my clothes!

Shannon1983
05-03-2008, 01:14 PM
i just want to have the freedom to shop at any store i want and not just lane bryant. There are so many stores that dont have jeans that fit me even thought i am in a size 16. i wanna be atleast a size 10 or less.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar056/fireworks01/lb/230/170/226/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Erika79
05-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Can I name something that I wear, but not clothes?! :)

My wedding set :cry: I had to take them off during my pregnancy (which was over 2 years ago) because I got swollen... I put them on a chain around my neck, instead. And I haven't been able to wear them since. I have a beautiful diamond ring, and a wedding band.. tucked away :cry: and it really upsets and saddens me that I can't wear them. I started my pregnancy at 160 and had to take them off in the 170's.. I'm 187 and change now, I'm hoping they fit once I hit my 170's. I hope, I hope.

My actual motivating piece of clothing is a CUTE pair of jeans I wore before my pregnancy/marriage.. when I was 125-130. I still have them. I LOVE them.

And I have a pair of beige-like pants that I bought from New York & Company when I was smaller.. I think they're size 8. They look like these-

http://s7ondemand7.scene7.com/is/image/NewYorkCompany/04132296_918?$prod$

I loved them. They made my butt look HOT :lol::o

Zen Pharmacy
05-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't have a picture, but I have this pair of jeans sitting in my closet that look freaking amazing on me. I'm weirdly built so, even though I'm not freakishly tall, all my height is legs.

These jeans, man. They're amazing. The perfect length, wash, soft. Amazing times in those jeans. Met my husband in them, hit it big at the blackjack tables in Vegas with them, the list goes on.

I'm getting back into those jeans, my friend.

JulieJ08
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
That coat looks like it will be adorable on.

I don't think I have any piece of clothing on that I'm dying to get back into. The smaller stuff has been put away for so long. I'll have to think about it ...

Thousandsunny
05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't have a picture but I got a pair of jeans at Old Navy like 8 years ago for $3. They were my favorite jeans ever and once I hit like 185 I couldn't wear them anymore. I want to wear them again!

kisskiss
05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah i have a size 14 pair of pants that I am hoping to fit into by the end of summer. (im a size 18 right now). theyre just hanging in my closet, and when im finally able to zip those up I will be so proud! :) I think that coat is cute

Apple Cheeks
05-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I have two things (well, technically three) that I am eager to get back into:

#1 -- an old pair of skinny jeans from years ago when I was very fit

#2 -- a pair of short-shorts and a tank top that I used to wear when I would go hiking.

When I can fit back into either of those things, I will be pretty excited about it!

jubilee912
05-04-2008, 06:50 AM
I don't have any motivating clothing either. I just don't want to feel like crap when I walk into a dressing room and I realize that all of the sizes I used to where don't fit.

staja
05-04-2008, 07:24 AM
I have a pair of cranberry crop pants that are a mini goal for me. They're size 18, brushed twill, and when they fit, they look great on me. I only got to wear them twice after I bought them, so hopefully I can get into them at some point this summer! (Already down to 20 from 22, so I have faith that they will be mine before too long!)

olguitha
05-04-2008, 11:21 AM
i have a t shirt, medium size that i used to wear a loooong time ago, it looked so great on me!
if i can use it again i'll take a picture and show it here proudly!!

orthodiva
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I was rummaging through my closet and found a gray skirt from Old Navy and a green skirt from Banana that I haven't worn in at least 6 years. (They were sharing the same hanger since obviously I had abandoned them together.) I tried them on and I couldn't even get them over my hips and I knew it was time to start a new lifestyle. They are very form fitting and allow no room for any excess on my pear shaped hips and stomach. Once I can comfortably get into those two skirts again, woohoo!

jaclynfett
05-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I have a handful of clothes I wore when I was at my lowest weight 6 years ago(cute and expensive Betsey Johnson clothes that I splurged on back in the day). I did recently chuck 3-4 tops(gap) that I've held onto for years but don't like that much now that I'm closer to my goal.

2fat2jump
05-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I have a cute blue sundress I'd really like to be able to comfortably wear for DH's homecoming. It's my motivation for my first short-term goal. I would love for DH to come off the submarine for the first time to a smaller wife.

aerogora
05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't have a specific item of clothing. I just want to be able to walk into ANY clothing store at the mall and be able to walk up to a rack and pluck a pair of jeans and actually FIT into them. I don't want to have to only shop at stores i know carry my size or stores that have plus size sections.

Spoz
05-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh my God, YES! This year I have a special event coming up and I'm determined to look good in a dress! I haven't worn a dress ever, or at least since I was 6 years old and even then I was just cute. This time I want to be smoldering and I'll give it my best damn shot :D

Kitegirl24
05-04-2008, 09:35 PM
As far as clothing I actually own, there's a couple dresses in my closet that are too tight for me to wear......in fact, they were the tiniest bit tight when I bought them, but I want to be fit enough to be comfortable in them (a.k.a. be able to breathe!)

I also have some bathing suits, a denim skirt, etc. that I could look a lot better in!

One category of clothing that I have little of, however, is tops - tanks & sleeveless numbers that you would go out in. I would LOVE to be able to buy some this summer once I can pull them off!

sh3l5
05-05-2008, 06:14 AM
i had a pair of flared jeans in a 32" waist....
they always fit n cos the colour made my legs look thinner....
ive lost a stone since wearing these....
n now i cant find them, i am gutted....
would love to see what they are like now....
other than that its just the usual for me, bikini n sexy black dress....

wisher
05-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I have an on-the-way goal, it's a cute little blue camo skirt, size 12. When I bought it it was really borderline, I wore it once even though it was too small, then I gained 15 lbs. (and that 15 lbs. meant I went up a full size) and now I couldn't even pretend to wear it. With the warm weather starting I want to be able to wear that skirt this summer.

Kriket84
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I have a really cute halter top dress that I bought and it was too tight for me. I can get back into it, but it's still skin tight. I would like to be comfortable in that dress. I have it hanging in my closet door.

carolineintx
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I have a really cute black bubble skirt that has never truly fit me. I mean, I can get it on, it just rides up way too high on my waist to go out in public in...I cannot wait for that thing to hang on my hips where I want it! I bought it originally because it was on clearance for I think it was 7 dollars. I had a pair of jeans that I was working towards wearing and they fit now! Actually they're even slightly loose! I'm still excited about that!

scorpio88
05-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I have a wedding to go to on July 19th, and there's this dress I've been looking at for the LONGEST time in the Sears Catalogue (which one of my jobs I work with).

This (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BOISBR0dL._SS500_.jpg) is the dress. I just ordered it about 5 minutes ago, they said pick up on May 8th, which is Thursday. I'm a size 7 in pants, but they only go in evens, so I ordered a size 6. Hopefully it fits! I'm very small on top, so maybe that'll help..not sure how to measure dress sizes so I figure my pants size is about right. Then I ordered these shoe (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41oRvUL5s7L._SS500_.jpg)s to go with it (in silver).

carolineintx
05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow scorpio that dress and those shoes are gorgeous!

JulieJ08
05-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a really cute black bubble skirt that has never truly fit me. I mean, I can get it on, it just rides up way too high on my waist to go out in public in...I cannot wait for that thing to hang on my hips where I want it! I bought it originally because it was on clearance for I think it was 7 dollars. I had a pair of jeans that I was working towards wearing and they fit now! Actually they're even slightly loose! I'm still excited about that!

Now that reminds me. I do have a couple skirts that I am wearing these days, but just like you said, they sit too high on the waist. Can't wait to see them drop down to the (upper) hips where they belong, but then they may have to be hemmed :-)

GoNads
05-05-2008, 03:02 PM
My bikini, when I can feel complete 100% running around in it at the beach I know I'm doing well. That's when i weigh around ~160-170ibs or so.

blondebombshell
05-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Something really skanky, tbh.

I love costumes (sometimes I break out old halloween costumes and wear them around the house while I do chores or watch TV just because). I really want to look hot in the costume from the movie "5th Element" the white bandeau thingie. WANT IT!!!

Also... I just want to feel sexy. I dont care what it is.

Currently... I have a size 12 jean hanging up on my bedroom door for motivation. I wore them when I first moved here two years ago... then I ballooned to a tight 18... now I"m at a comfortable 16. I'm getting there... I"m getting there...

ShannanA
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Vintage inspired dresses in a size small. I do have a size 8 dress that nearly fits me but I need no lose some inches around the bust.

http://www.unique-vintage.com/images/7616blackyellowdress.jpg

missjenny
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
My ultimate goal is to fit into my skinny jeans!!

Two weeks ago I was cleaning out my room, re-organizing my armoir and I came across a few pairs of jeans that I had bought when I was skinny. They were a size 4!!!!!! AND they were big on me!!!!!!! God, I can't even imagine it right now.

So my goal is to fit into those pants again!!!!! I put them all in one of those rubbermaid containers and put it in my closet. I didn't have the heart to throw them out. Throwing them out felt like I was giving in to being FAT and accepting that I would be this way for the rest of my life!

So I decided to make the change right after I was confronted with skinny jeans!!! My motivation is to fit comfortably into those pants!!! :)

ladybugnessa
05-06-2008, 12:40 PM
i just bought a dress (size 18) i'm about a 20/22 now. i love this dress and so want to wear it.

i tried it on in the fitting room and could NOT get it past 'the girls'. i said 'it's 13 dollars and one day I will wear this dress' so I bought it anyway.

standing in line to pay for it, i noticed a zipper on the side...

i got home I tried it on. I can get it on but I can't zip it.

I'm waiting. i'm about 15 pounds from zipping it...

tabitha
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes in various sizes, all unworn. Every time I got bigger I seem to have tried to deny it by buying clothes that were too small so never got worn. Other things fitted when I bought them, but I just never had the confidence to wear them. I've just gone and had a look through them, and some of them are so lovely I just can't wait to wear them.

There's *loads* of this stuff: I honestly think that I've never worn at least two-thirds of the clothes I own :o There are some real highlights though - the things I'm most looking forward to wearing are one particular cashmere jumper; a long, clingy Italian mohair jumper that's as delicate as a spider's web; and a sheer, beaded kaftan that's incredibly pretty. There are some other really pretty tops, dresses, skirts, trousers in all (UK) sizes from 10-18 (though the 18s only have a few more pounds weight loss left in them before they're officially too big hurrah! :D ), even coats.

But the things I'm actually looking forward to wearing most are the things I could in theory wear today: pretty scarves, dramatic jewellery and most of all, a particular pair of black stilettos that I absolutely adore. I want to have the confidence about how I look to be able to wear these things and not feel like an idiot, like mutton dressed as lamb, like a fat, ugly woman who thinks she can pretend to have the right to wear nice things.

I can't wait :)

PrettyPaula
05-06-2008, 03:41 PM
what a wonderful thread!

I Have been a bit mad and bought a few pairs of jeans that i adored off of ebay in sizes too small for me.

they are my long term goals!

but i have a pair of skate jeans and some black 3/4 combat trousers that i was wearing last summer that i cant get into right now.. they are my next goal!

:)

Kofarq
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I was going through my summer clothes, and I found a pile of pants that I keep putting into the 'Will fit Next Season" box. I cannot spend money on size 11 pants, which is what fits me, so I always buy size 9s, and put them in the box, for 'later', while I wear my crappy old pants. I have 7 pairs of these pants that are all going to look great on me, 'someday'. Well, the time is coming, because I've started the weight loss, and I'm going to Do It this time!!

ChissaBelle
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't have a specific item of clothing. I just want to be able to walk into ANY clothing store at the mall and be able to walk up to a rack and pluck a pair of jeans and actually FIT into them.

I have to agree, when I was at my goal weight before, I used to be able to pick up what I wanted to wear and buy it and it looked good.... now I have to buy certain cuts/styles to flatter my body and hide stuff.... Thank gawd empire waist came back in style, in the last little while :p When I can try on what I'd like to wear and not have my belly rolls sticking out of it.... I'll be happy ;)

propanalol
05-07-2008, 06:02 PM
reall great thread, something everyone relates w/....i bought a beautiful white summer dress...jus coz it caught my eye, i made the excuse of telling my hubby that it's for my sis but of course, since i've forgotten to gift it to her, i think i'll aim to get myself in it....it'z a size 6....right now i'm 10 on verge to 8....

graciegoose13
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
i don't really have an "ultimate goal outfit," like so many other people have said, i just want to be able to walk into ANY store i want and be able to look awesome. this is especially true for fancy, expensive stores...even though i'm broke and wouldn't be able to buy anything, it'd just be nice to know that i could fit in to it! lol

As for short term goals, I really just want to look better in my shorts. shorts are horrible because even if they're just a wee bit too tight they look ridiculous! i also have a pair of size 10 jeans in my closet that i can't wait to fit into!

artsnsmarts
05-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I actually just fit into a goal dress!! It's a sea green, satin, cowl neck halter dress (pretty formal) that I bought a few years ago because it was such a steal....it sort of fit then, but I knew I wouldn't have the confidence to wear it.

I just wore it to a year's-end theatre banquet and I felt so good!! In looking back at pictures I sent bf when I first got it (we were long-distance then) and pictures from the banquet I thought I didn't look much different, but bf saw the pictures and said "WOW!! You've definitely lost weight!! That dress looks better on you now then when you bought it."

...and I was 17 when I bought it :-)

taragettingthin
05-08-2008, 02:17 AM
I actually just fit into a goal dress!! It's a sea green, satin, cowl neck halter dress (pretty formal) that I bought a few years ago because it was such a steal....it sort of fit then, but I knew I wouldn't have the confidence to wear it.

I just wore it to a year's-end theatre banquet and I felt so good!! In looking back at pictures I sent bf when I first got it (we were long-distance then) and pictures from the banquet I thought I didn't look much different, but bf saw the pictures and said "WOW!! You've definitely lost weight!! That dress looks better on you now then when you bought it."

...and I was 17 when I bought it :-)

Yay!! Congrats! That's a GREAT GREAT GREAT NSV, too! =)

prepping
05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I feel happier and more motivated just reading all the comments in this thread!

I'd say that my most recent goal clothing is skinny trousers/jeans. I just got myself into a pair of pants that I hadn't ever worn because they were too small and realized that I may not be that far off from getting skinny leg pants! As in, no flares, no boot legs, no stretch. Just smaller pants that fall fairly straight down.

but no tapered either of course. that's just a no-no.

Oh! and like graciegoose said: shorts. Can pull off skirts but shorts look funny while I'm still 'hippy'. I'm excited to pull it off for this summer!

Meesha80
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I want to fit in my size 12 Express jeans it would be ohhh soooo nice! :)

moonkissed
05-08-2008, 09:20 PM
There are so many clothes I am dying to wear. I love pretty little dresses that just are so light and make you feel so feminine. And I haven't worn a dress in...forever. I could never imagine wearing a dress right now that wouldn't let me hide in my baggy jeans/t-shirt.

But I have this one piece of clothing that I am just dreaming to wear. I got it when I was getting married and it was so beautiful. A little white tank top & skirt. Very flowly & light. I bought it online and got the biggest size they had. Thinking oh I can fit into that...but nope. I couldn't even get it on. Though to be honest I doubt I would worn it out anyways with the little straps showing off my arms.

Defeated and sad I was gonna send it back. But my hubby knew how much I was in love with it and told me just to keep it that you never know. So there it sits in my closet.

Someday i'll dance around in it proudly :)