Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #43

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #43

FrouFrou
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
:wave:Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread! :wave:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :coffee::cofdate::coffee2:

Mom2Gaby
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Happy Friday!!

Cristina - Thanks for the new thread! I know it seems at times why bother, especially when the weight loss can go so slow. I wasn't happy at 206, I would have been ok at 171, maybe that is why I lingered there for so long. Maybe that is why I lose and gain the same weight over and over?? Who knows. With summer coming I want to look and feel good in shorts, so that is my mayonaise. lol
Friends son wants to go to the Chinese Garden, so we will do that. The Japanese Garden is better so I sent her a link and a trip to the coast...so I guess we will be busy. I am not nuch of a social being though. I like my Me Time.

Francie - You tossed your kitty in the room to save you? lol I guess I would toss Gaby in the room to check it out against intruders, her whininess would scare anyone away. haha . :hug: to you while Fonzo is away!!

Mindee- Kristi is wonderful, I have always liked her and Scott Hamilton. Any plans this weekend??

Hi to everyone else!!

I had to go searching for a smaller bra this morning in my closet. The wonderful side effects from losing weight , you lose everywhere and I needed some help in bring the boobs back up where they belong.....sounds like a song. A country song for Kristy Lee...........I hope we never hear from her again. lol - so mean. Ya, whatver. :dizzy:

k- out of here!!
chta later

FrouFrou
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Okay, I am back...not sure what the heck is going on but the electric went out and I was thrown off of course. But then it wouldn't let me sign in...I like having dsl but this att...I don't know sometimes. Anyway...

Hello chickies and a Happy Friday to all! :wave:

SUSAN...no problem with starting a new thread. Yeah, I know, you are right. I just get so impatient and feel like I am starving if I can't eat what I want to eat all the time, lol. I am sure you and your friend will have a nice time no matter what you guys do. And one day I would love to see those gardens. I hear ya about the bra...I need a new one because none of mine fit right. I haven't lost very much but enough that it made a difference.

MINDEE...hoping the kids are feeling better today.

FRANCIE...I still get freaked a little taking a shower when no one is home. It seems that is when I start to hear all kinds of noises. Cute avatar! And WTG on the six pounds! :yay: :bravo: You are doing GREAT!

JULES...I still get freaked going over bridges, don't like them at all. And the closer they are to water, ugh, the worse it is for me.

HIYA SASSY, SUE, KATY :wave:

Had some running around to do and glad it is over! Finally took that black dress back :( I loved it and almost didn't but then thought, I have no where to wear it and I plan on losing more weight so...took the shoes back to Davids Bridal to have dyed...so cool that they do that. Didn't know which color to do though...didn't know if I should match it to the dress or go with black...matched it to the dress. We'll see how that looks. Should have gone with black since I will take a black wrap and little bag...oh well. Anyway...now just have some laundry to do and exercise. Did a hour before I left and I am dragging...being a big baby and not wanting to do it. I know I have to though...can't stop now.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Hugs :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I know, I had to come back and say

Francie -:bravo::hat::congrat::cheer: on losing 6 pounds! Wow. That is super!!

Cristina - Very fancy dying shoes, I am jealous. lol Would love for you to come visit Portland! I need to go pick up Gaby, chat more later. Just hope you are having a good day!

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Susan~You crack me up!! Ya, I tossed my kitty in the room..I dunno why I picked that one though. If someone was in the room, she'd just roll over and play dead. LoL!! I should've picked the more skittish one. She'd probably claw the heck out of some random stranger, lol. Omg..I hope my boobs wont shrink!! That would be awful!! I love my sweater melons!!

Cristina~I get freaked out showering when nobody is home too. I always have the radio on, so when I get out of the bathroom..I have to check the whole place to make sure nobody is in there, lol. I have so many paranoid fears when I'm here alone, lol. I carry the phone with me at all times for 2 reasons. 1-In case Fonzo calls..and 2-In case someone breaks in and I need to dial 911, lol. Thanks about the avator. Its from 2004, before we were married, and in Disneyland!! Woohoo!! LoL!!

Okay...I'm laughing at myself right now for being so freakin paranoid all the time. If only you guys knew what goes through my head, you'd all be like.."um ya, she's nuts!!" Like..in Christmas 2005..I bought these really pretty bells to put over the door knob. Well..they've been there ever since. So now I consider them to be warning bells. I know when Fonzo comes home, and when he leaves. And when he's gone, I'll know if anyone breaks in, lol. Sometimes at night, I can hear them..and I get all freaked out. But its usually just the cats playing around and being crazy. They like to attack the bells every now & then, lol. OH..plus, every morning, I have to peak through the blinds to make sure nobody is sitting out on my balcony. Fonzo thinks I'm totally crazy about that, because we live on the 2nd floor. But you never know. Fonzo also thinks that it would be really stupid for some random stranger to pick our balcony over everyone elses. But again, you never know!! LMAO!! Man..I am paranoid arent I?? I watch too many scary movies. I wonder if its part of my depression or something. I was never like this before.

Anyways..I'm rambling now. I'm gonna go watch Coyote Ugly. One of the non paranoid movies I own, lol.

FrouFrou
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
SUSAN...you have done a fabulous job keeping the thread and group going, just wanted to say that! ;) KUDDOS to us ALL! We are a FABULOUS group for sure! I swear one day I WILL come to Portland...don't know when, but I will do it!

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Well..if you go to Portland..then you gotta come here!!! I'll give you a tour of Fonzo's ship!! (Depending on if we're still here though, lol)

FrouFrou
05-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Francie...I don't know about being paranoid...better to be safe than sorry. I know the one day I thought I saw a shadow I had to search the bedrooms. I hate when I think I saw something and then end up feeling paranoid the rest of the day. Anyway...you are not crazy! :) And I would love to visit there too! It would be cool to see his ship!

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Stennis2-1.jpg

Theres a pic of the giant ship. Its just a workout walking around in there. Fonzo works near the bottom, lol. My poor baby never sees the light of day.

Mom2Gaby
05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Cristina - Yes, I always thought I was rather wonderful :beach: I was going to say I have nothing to write either but that doesn't keep me from posting. lol

Actually if Jules comes out here for a visit w/ Ry and if you come out here and we have Francie close and Katy a couple blocks from me it would be a nice BIK meeting! I know we chattered about this before at another place but it is just a thought.
Of course we have Sue and Mindee and Sassy too to consider. Anyway.

My friend is going to stay in a motel so that takes a lot of stress off of me!! I just wrote back and said fine no need to stay with me if we aren't going to bed with each other. lol
It is a JOKE!!
Because when Rocky came here and I went to Hawaii of course we...um, ya, whatever. Course the last visit to Hawaii I stayed in Kris's room because I had another BF.

See,what I mean about writing about nothing??? It is an art. :cheers:

Francie - My Momo is a wuss, he ain't saving no one, he figures he has 9 lives so what the heck. I am soooo lax in my safety, I leave the patio door and front door unlocked, leave my wallet in the car overnight.....walk in front of the windows naked. Oops, maybe that is what scares the perv's off?? lol Anyway - yes you will deflate!! Consider that in your weight loss plan. :o Beautiful ship!!

K- off to entertain Gaby who is already not wanting to go to her fathers tonight. Rach is up at a decent time of 12:00 and is off to visit her friend. Beck is somwhere.:?::?:..............middle child. lol

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
ARGGHHHHH!!! Still no call from the worker and I have tried twice to get a hold of a supervisor and to no avail! I am so fed up with these people!

SusieQ~ Nope, no major plans this weekend! Trying to figure out the kids insurance is the main thing since now we got the go ahead from the pediatrician for a referral. Now, we are stuck waiting to hear back from the worker! I have called four times today, once I left her a message and three times to talk to a supervisor!

Cristina~ I have to get some new dress shoes! I have a pair of boots, but they hurt my feet after a while. I want a pair of girly shoes that I can wear to occasions that are just me and Tommy. Tommy bought me a pair of Harley Davidson slip on sandals and said that those are my dress shoes. But now that I am done having kids, I want to be more of a girly girl, and not just a mom. does that even make any sense?

Francie~ I have plenty of days where I sit and laugh at how I have acted. But most of the time, it is because I should really have blond hair!

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
dang...I have to remember to stop walking in front of the windows naked!

when we used to live in our "starter" home, there was a girl that lived across the street from us that would walk in front of her window naked all the time. Tommy always say that she did it for me.....she never did it when he was home for some reason. (and no I wasn't planted in front of the window watching)

Sassy_Chick
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Peeps! :wave:

Man I am so sore! My back is achin' with all this rain :rain: we are gonna be getting. I took another dose of my pain medicine, hasn't even touched it yet! So not sure how much cleanin will be done at this rate! lol.

DH and I both woke up today at 1 pm. That is EXTREMELY early for us night folks, esp since this is DH's long night -- 14 hrs. So I hope he can stay awake all night. He left early so he could go and look at motorcycles. He is going to buy a used one because we have to have a second mode of transportation with us being opposite shifts now. (Our new shifts begin May 10th) Plus it will be cheaper on gas. Well DH just called, seems that most dealerships at least don't have any used bikes. But they had a good deal on a new one and if he puts money down, he'd only be financing part of it. So we'll see. He is also gonna check out craigslist and what not.

We got our gov't. money today! :woohoo: Bicycle :bike: here I come!!! lol.

I did so great yesterday, I drank only one glass of soda and then water the rest of the day!!! :carrot: I have been craving water so I have been drinking and drinking and it curbs my appetite too. :dance:

Well ya'all I am gonna go and eat some grubb so I'll be back later!!!

Behave while I am gone! lol.

K, I am back and shopping for my bike.........Anybody who'd care to share what bike they have or would like to have, I would be grateful!

:hug:

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Sassy~ That is great that you guys got your government money! We have been wanting to get bikes for ourselves, but we usually don't ride them. In 2003 or 2004, Tommy gave his bike to a lady around the block from us for her grandson. His bike had just been stolen and he was looking for a new one. Then my bike went to my parents house and it is now at one of my older sisters' house for my younger sister to use to get to work and back home.

I don't have any recommendations, BUT I did have a nice blue huffy mountain bike!

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Susan~Lmao!! Thats how my Sassy is. She isnt getting up for anybody. She's our trophy cat, only ment to sit there and look pretty, LOL!! Fonzo is like you. He'll leave cash just sitting in the car..leave all the doors unlocked. Walk in front of the window wearing nothing but boxers and a smile, lol. I always tell him not to walk in front of the window..but he hardly listens to me. I was doing some thinking..and it would be okay if my girls got a little smaller. I would love to walk into Victoria's Secret and buy a 36C bra again. I used to have this key chain that said.."I dont have to point out my best qualities. They stick out on their own" lol.

Mindee~When I was younger..this hot guy lived next door to me. Well, my bedroom window overlooked his backyard. So every now & then I'd see him outside naked, lol. And of course being 13 years old and totally boy crazy, I looked. LOL!! I think he totally knew it too. LoL!! So maybe that chick did only do it for you, :wink: Oh..and I think I was blonde in my past life. I can be a total airhead sometimes, lol. One time Fonzo asked me.."Why do you wanna go to Az?" And I said "To go shopping" He gave me this look like...I married Jessica Simpson..LMAO!! I'm not a total airhead like her though.

Sassy~Have your dh give you a back rub..it would feel sooooooo nice!! Woohoo for gov money!! You should get these total retro bikes from Walmart!! I'm dying to have one..but they're kinda expensive.

I did the 30 Day Shred today. It totally killed me again. My arms are so tired from lifting the weights. I layed down on the bed and couldnt even pick up the remote. Plus my stomach is still hurting from the crunches. I dont even wanna eat my snack right now. And I dont even wanna dry my hair, even though I know I have to or I could get sick.

Well...I guess I'll just force myself to dry my hair..but then I'm gonna take a nap.

Sassy_Chick
05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Chicks. I have been just chillin' and "window shopping" online.......lol

I did find a bike I liked at Wally World:

Sassy's Bike (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2061605)

But I am still looking of course! :D

Francie -- lookie what I found:

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/163/163356y0fpsgg36q.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
LOL!!! That is great!!!

Mom2Gaby
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Back for a second...

Had fish for dinner and think a glass of ice water and I am done for the day. I had 3 cheese puffs and savored every bite. I know, what a life.

Sassy - yay, on the check coming!! I am not an expert on bikes but the one in the pic looks nice. Sue would know for sure she is our Bike Chick:bike2:

Mindee- Did you have any luck with the referral? It is Cinco de Mayo weekend!! The waterfront here has a celebration going all weekend, McD and I might go. Nothing like that in your town??

Francie - What is a 30 day shred thing?? I leave money all over too, on the floor of the car, stuffed everywhere. I never bring the wallet in the house, too lazy. I hide the wallet under the seat though. My kitty is too fluffy and pretty to be anything but fluffy and pretty. He isn't going to work for his keep and he certainly isn't going to be a watch cat. He'll hiss at strange cats though. lol I love my cat, he is so cool.

Hi again to Cristina, Jules, Katy, and Sue!!!!

Better go check if Gab's dad called........have a good night!!

tommysgirl18
05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
man oh man, I have a little princess who seems to think that this time of night is time for her to play!

I am really trying not to stress about the whole insurance issue.......but I can't help it! I will stress a little bit, pray a lot, and not over indulge at all! wish me luck on all that!

SusieQ~ Nope, I didn't get any where. I have to wait for a call from our worker as to why the insurance was canceled on ALL three kids! I am going to be calling again on Monday, and I will make sure that they know that they need to get their heads out of their butts because my son could end up with hearing loss if the fluid isn't taken care of! (sorry if that sounds like I am being a drama queen, but I have done my research and if it isn't taken care of, he could end of with some hearing loss)

Francie~ I keep telling Tommy that I am going to dye my hair blond. He is all up for it and then when we go to the store and I start looking at the stuff, he always says "you weren't serious were you? Lucky for him, my hair turns blond in the summer from the sun! (not all of it, just parts)

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Susan~The 30 Day Shred is this workout by Jillian Michaels. It will seriously make you sweat like none other. I looked at my face when I was done and it was so red, lol. What type of breed is your cat??

Mindee~My mom tried to dye my hair blonde..and she did everything right, and it turned orange. Same thing happened when dh dyed his hair blonde in HS. It turned orange, lol. If you're really gonna do it, then go to a salon.

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Morning Gurls! :coffee:

Ya know I heard the craziest ad, and why wouldn't I at 5:39 on Sat. Morning, right? lol. Anywho, they say, "Would you like to have firm, tight abs?" I said "No I'd like flabby, blubbery abs please." lol. Ok so maybe that was only funny to me. :lol:

Now this guy is patting the table with a towel and wringing it out? :lol: Awwww the wonderful world of early Saturday morning tv! lol. Amazes me what they try to sell people. :dizzy:

I haven't done much I tell ya but my back does feel a bit better, gonna take some more meds before I go to bed too. I figure I am conserving all my energy for tonight and tomorrow. lol.

Ugh to those who have them -- do you see those ads for that stupid brownie Sundae Bowl at DQ? :drool: UGH its killing me! lol. I am like I don't need to see that. lol. Its like a person waving alcohol in front of an alcoholic! :lol: Well that made me feel better after seeing how many calories are in the thing: 760 Calories for 297 g? What kind of serving is that? So is it like 1,500 calories if you eat it all? lol. Ok looking at Measurement Converters, looks like its 1.55 Cups, 10.48 Oz, and 60 teaspoons? Not sure how to do a sundae. lol. So I dunno. But just puts things into perspective. lol.

I did read that in NY they are gonna be posting the calories per serving on the menu boards of fast food places. That would be helpful, lets see.......I wanna a Whopper Jr w/ Cheese......UM no.....410 Calories.......No I'd rather have a Side Salad only 25 Calories with Reduced Calorie Dressing 60 Flippin Calories for dressing?!!! :yikes: Uh no lets just have the salad and a water! :lol3: It would motivate me, that is for sure! lol.

K I dunno why I am looking these things up, just in a strange mood I suppose, what can I say its 6 am? lol.

Well have a Great Day Gurls! :carrot:

RosieKate
05-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning..

Sassy- as I was reading your post, I looked at my clock and it is 6am here now...'course you are probably asleep by now. Yeah - we all want flabby abs, don't we...silly man, lol! I just saw a new book at Costco called Don't Eat That, Eat This...or something like that. It shows pictures of stuff like the sundae and it's calories, then pairs it with something more healthy and less caloric so you know a better choice to make. I like the pictures...that's very helpful. My eye opener was looking up a Shari's menu online after I had eaten there..yikes! There are hardly any meals under 1000 calories! Next time I look at the menu before I go to Shari's !

Francie - orange hair? I'm glad I never tried this at home. I have reddish tones to my hair and blonde highlights have never really looked great on me. Also..I'm too lazy for the maintenance so it looks cheap pretty quickly. So...no blonde for me I'm afraid. Well, maybe when I have way more gray and my hair color is changing anyway. WTG on all that exercise! I did a circuit training at my meeting this week and my arms are sore! Guess that means I need to do more of it, right?

Mindee - sorry the insurance issue has rared its ugly head...I'm sending some good thoughts your ways so that Brandon can get his tubes. My DD is going to see an ENT soon ...had an allergist tell me yesterday he thinks she might need her adenoids removed:?: That was something I hadn't even thought of as a problem! I guess we'll see what the ENT says.

Susan- Did you make it to Cinco de Mayo? I'm glad you giving McD another chance; he sounds like a nice guy. WTG on your losses.. Watch out for that cheesebread ;)

Cristina - I spent yesterday morning adding a bunch of books to my goodreads list...so sorry if you get an email with a ton o' books on it, lol! I like looking at your list...(Francie's, too you and I have some books in common as well) My TOM came after over a week late and I was so crampy and miserable all I wanted to do was drink tea and look for books online. So I did.

Hi Jules and Sue! Hope you both are having a good day so far.

The allergist confirmed that L has allergies to dust, pollen, mold, and late-blooming trees. All of which aggravate her asthma, of course. Fortunately we really don't have to change too much from what we've been doing...need to get her on claritin, for sure. I also need to get some dust covers for her mattress and work on keeping the dust to a minimum in the house. She did get a more effective prescription for her inhalers.

On a brighter note, I signed up for a spinning class! As in making yarn, not exercise. It's something I've wanted to learn to do for a while, and our Art center offers a day long class for beginners, so I am taking the plunge. Between that, knitting, l's dr. appointments, working in the yard, J's track, and trying to keep the house clean and food in the fridge, that's all that's going on here, lol!

jules1216
05-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Katy--before my coworker retired she started started sounding like my MIL who has asthma, I said something to her and she got VERY defensive that she definitely did n't have it, but her sister did, so I let it go. She then went out to visit her son who is in the medical field and he told her the same thing I did. She got tested and did have asthma along with a bunch of other allergies. She got the mattress cover and they make pillow covers too. Thats' cool about learning to spin, some of the local crafter spin or knit in their booths while selling their stuff.

Sassy--it's TOM so anything chocolate is calling my name right now. I like your fact finding missions, it's very interesting. I already have the blubbery abs, can't say I want them...

Mindee--before I started coloring my hair, I had the most awesome red highlights in the summer, now the highlights and just where the gray was...Hope you get the insurance straightenned out. Teri got mixed messages about her insurance, she thought it was canceelled after the baby, but it paid for birth control so she got the mirena put in. It's suppossed to be good for 5 years but if you change your mind and want to try to get pregnant then it can be removed.

Francie--cute quote on the keychain, I have to say that I resemble that remark!!

SuzyQ--they are have a Mayday celebration in a little artsy and crafty college town nearby, they showed pics in the paper from lat year with all the little girls dressed up with flowers in their hair and angel/fairy wings. The "parade" through town is today.

Cristina--I am planning to go see Ry sometime in October I am thinking. No definite dates yet. It would be fun if we could all meet out there for a visit.

Hi to Sue!!

I am going to go pick Ry up tonight and he is going to stay with us and go over to the storage unit tomorrow to try to figure out what all he has. He is going to be giving some of his stuff away before he leaves. I am going to add some of our stuff to it and not have so much stuff in his old bedroom which has become a junk room. He wants to spend the day with my Mom on Monday before he leaves next week. He will stay here most of the time before he leaves.

Teri and Dominic are doing good. She is really missing Dave. I really hope he will be the man she thinks he is when he gets out. Different things he has said makes me wonder, cause he is saying some of the same things he did before he went to jail. I do believe he will stop drinking for at least a little while when he first gets out. I see there problems beginning with him trying to control her and trying to have his way all the time. His mom is always going to be an issue too.

Well I am off to walk...see ya later

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Good morning everyone.

Sassy~I love early morning/late night tv. I'm a sucker for infomericals, lol. I even bought this hair straigtner that promised to be cool to the touch. Um ya whatever. I almost burned my forehead w/that thing. But at least my hair is all nice and straight, lol. I really really want those knifes..you know the one that can cut brick? LoL!!

Katy~The blonde was a one time thing. I havent dyed my hair since 2006 when I dyed it all black. I used to dye my hair so many times. You can still see traces of all the colors my hair has been. Although..when my hair gets all the way down to my butt, I'm gonna cut off the longer layer and donate it to Locks of Love. It finally made it past my bra strap. Then after my hair is cut..I'm gonna get it styled again and add highlights. My hair seems to be even thicker now that its growing longer..its getting a little hot to carry it around, lol.

Jules~Oh..I used to have a lot of quotes on a lot of key chains..lol. My other fave was.."If it wasnt for boys, then I'd quit school"

Its weirdly warm in here for this time of day. I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach from the warmness. I'll probably open the windows a little later. I hope it rains or something and cools off in here. I hate it when it gets warm here. It makes me miss the dry heat.

Anyways..nothing much is up. I'm gonna go for a walk in a half an hour. I was gonna go a little later..but I wanna get out of the house now. That way I can put in my final workout time..and then weigh in.

OKay..Gonna go get ready to go out..BBL

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 02:00 PM
well, today has turned into an okay day. I got up this morning just feeling like crap! as the day has gone on, I am feeling a little bit better. I feel worse today then I have the past couple of days. So, I am hoping that there is a light at the end of this tunnel soon!

Francie~ I know exactly what you are talking about! One of my older sisters died her hair for Halloween one year. She was being Morticia Addams, and so she died it to be black.......it turned out to be jet black. She had to go to a salon so that they could strip the color out of her hair!

Sassy~ That is a weird show that you were watching! I have just seen that commercial for DQ a little bit ago. I also saw a commercial for A&W, they have basically the same thing as a McFlurry from McDonalds! It looks good.....but it has plenty of fudge mixed in with all the other stuff that is in it.

Katy~ Thanks for sending some good vibes this way! I am really up in arms over this since he needs to get into the ENT. So, I am just going to keep my fingers crossed that the insurance issue works itself out or they are not going to like me one bit!

Jules~ I got lucky with my hair.....since both of my parents are 50% German and 50% Irish, I get the red highlights naturally. They just like to turn blond during the summer for some reason. I almost got the Mirena after I had Marissa......but then when I heard that I would have to get it taken out in 5 years and another one put back in. I just said screw it and got the tubal. I hope Dave becomes a changed person and doesn't try to control things with Teri. I see in your signature about the EZ's guaranteed 5 pound loss, what does it entail? You have peeked my interest!

Francie~ Great job on your work outs!

gotta run.....I have a little Logan that is too excited about going to see the horses, Uncle Joey and Auntie Liz, that he doesn't want to take a nap. And I have a little Marissa, who I believe is trying to push through some more teeth, so she is being a little crabby butt!

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Good Morning -

Jules - Crossing fingers for October! We can have beautiful Indian summers here. :hug:to little Dominic. Gab went months (one time a whole year) at a time without seeing her dad but the funny thing is she always knew him. How was the walk??

Sassy - omg - yes I saw the ad for the dairy queen brownie sinful treat. I was tempted to go and just taste it, just once ..and I really don't even like DQ, but I had to scrap my face off the tv on that dessert! lol

Katy - I think McD and I are going tonight down to the waterfront. I am sooooo not doing the chessebread anymore. I want to get to goal this month, I will just have him make salad and chicken. Sorry about L but at least now you know :) What is spinning?? I know. I sound like I live in a cave. lol

Francie - I don't know his breed. He is orange and white and huge and sweet and a big baby. lol That is all I know. He was my SIL and brothers kitty and they declawed his front paws so Momo likes to scratch the furniture and it is kind of cute, course he isn't doing any harm. I feel bad he was declawed though, kind of a handicap when outside. Thanks for the 30 day shred explaination! I don't wanna sweat!!! lol

Mindee- Crap girl. Have to get the kids medical coverage taken care of, I would be so pissed. Hope you feel better and what horses?? :dizzy:

Cristina & Sue - Hi to you both!! Wishing you guys a wonderful day!! :)

I have to go get my rent paid. Gab went with her dad and the same ole same ole. Everyone has my day planned out and I hate that! *wah....need another bag of ice,,,,craving that.

k- off I go.......Adios.

RosieKate
05-03-2008, 03:01 PM
http://www.paradisefibers.net/v/vspfiles/photos/3535-2.jpg

This is the "baby" I would like to have someday...but have to learn how to spin first. It's too spendy, so even if I learn how to spin, I can't just run right and get it.

Tx for the thoughts about Leigh...we've know about the asthma for some time and suspected the allergies, but it is nice to have it confirmed. We thought she might be allergic to pets and pollen, so its nice to know she's not allergic to those. The good thing about the treatment for her at this age is that it will prevent scarring in her bronchial tubes. If left untreated, she could develop worse symptoms as she ages, eventually getting something like emphysema. So I am very glad we are treating her now.

BTW - I did lose another .20 last week. I'm definitely more tortoise, less hare :)

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Mindee~Omg, I hated it when they stripped my hair!! They left like these weird light brown spots all over, lol. I had to go back a couple of times too. It costed over 200 dollars!! Fonzo was like.."promise me you'll never dye your hair black again!!" LoL!!

Susan~Sassy's been declawed. When she was a kitten, she scratched up everything and made my mom mad..so ya, lol. She rubs her front paws on the scratching post, its kinda funny. We're thinking of declawing Lucky. She HATES having her nails clipped and her nails get soooooooo sharp. She'll only scratch when she's afraid though, and omg it really hurts. We probably wont do it though because she's my little baby kitty. (my avator is a pic of her when she was a kitten) April hardly uses her claws. Although she like scratch the carpet..ugh I hate it when she does that. And she totally messed up my computer chair. But other than that..she doesnt use them against the other cats or on the couch. Thank God, lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Katy~That reminds me of Sleeping Beauty, lol.

tommysgirl18
05-03-2008, 03:41 PM
well, Tommy is home from work, and the kids are driving me insane! Brandon napped a little bit, Marissa napped a little bit, and Logan, well we already established that he didn't!

SusieQ~ My hubby used to work at a race track, and that is where a set of the kids' godparents work. since today is the Kentucky Derby, we are planning on taking them there. I am ready to get out of the house now.....but now Tommy is in limbo about where he wants to go. I will push for the track since I already told the kids we would go so that they could see the horses!

Katy~ I hope Leigh starts to feel better soon! I have asthma, as well as all three kiddos. So, we are constantly using the nebulizer for them or my inhaler if I need it.

Francie~ That cracks me up! I will only do the stuff in the bottle from the store.

these kids are driving me insane......gotta run!

Mom2Gaby
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Back again -

Katy - So spinning is a knitting thing?? Not an exercise thing?? Had visions of you sitting on your butt spinning around - kind of have a toy like that where you sit and spin yourself around. lol

ok, getting loopy, ignore me. I talked w/ McD and he IS making dinner. Scoffs at my salad request. I have had only 200 calories for the day so I can have a 1000 calorie dinner. lol....oops, have to figure margarita's into that. I told him I would be over around 4pm and asked if that was too late and he said I could show up at mid night and he would still be happy - awwwww. what a charmer.

Cristina - Hope you are having a good day!

Francie - Momo is a sweetie, he scratches the couch and he likes to roll around the drive way. I tell him "hey dumb butt get up you are going to get run over!!!" lol and today he was playing with a hair tie of the girls , getting all hyper doing that. You have a cute Sassy!! I will have to get a pic of Momo up.

Mindee- Oh, top of the line horses!! I bet they are beautiful, how fun the derby! I only have seen it on tv. Of course, duh. lol Have fun and tell the kiddies who is in charge!! I always tell Gaby when she is acting up "oh, you didn't get the memo I am in charge???? " ....haha

*sigh......ok, better go get ready for the afternoon.

FrouFrou
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

My, you ladies have been a chatty bunch.

SASSY..glad you received the money, woohoo! I like the bike. funny because I am getting a bike too! I've been wanting one for a while and V is getting it for me for my bd next week. It's a pink one at Target, a crusier, can't remember the name. I've had my eye on it for a couple of months. Thanks for all the info...I'm a working on my flabbyness.

SUSAN/JULES...October sounds good to me. I have been meaning to make a trip there for a while and something else always comes up. I will mark it on my calendar and count on it. Luckily, no birthdays or anything going on that month, so far. But yeah, if you ladies want to plan that I am definitely game.

SUSAN...omg! You leave your wallet in your car?! I could never do that. Not sure at what point in my life I became so paranoid...think it was when I was living in CA. Growing up we never locked our doors and always left the windows open, and I am speaking of the house and not the car, lol. V never locks his car and leaves stuff around. When I first met him he would leave his house and leave the door unlocked...he said, if someone wanted something bad enough they would get in anyway, lol. Have a good evening with McD. Oh, and you are fabulous missy!

KATY...the spinning class sounds fun! That is a nifty looking thing, yes, I said nifty, lol. Don't worry about the e-mails...I like seeing what everyone is reading. Some of your reads I thought about adding to my list, lol. Then decided I better read what I have first...I have a problem with books for sure. Guess it could be worse though. At least you know now about the allergies and can do something for little L.

MINDEE...sorry about the insurance, hope it gets figured out. DS#1 worked at a racetrack for a couple of summers. I don't really get it, watching horses run around, lol. Although, I did place a few bets and actually won, lol. I don't have a system unless you call picking a nice name a system. :lol: I'm a cheapskate...don't like to gamble my money away, er, V's money, lol.

FRANCIE...my sister is a brunette and dyed her hair black when we were younger. Then she wanted to go blonde, yikes! She didn't dye her hair again after that. She had streaks of blonde, red, and brown, it was funny. Had to go have her hair dyed at a salon to get it fixed right, lol. I love the ship! That thing is huge! Would be so cool to tour but if I had to go down below I think I would freak...claustrophobic for sure!

Anywho...V was actually home today so I spent time with him in the back yard. It was a little chilly though. I went ahead and mowed the front and back again...just mowed Monday, geez stuff is growing too fast. Then finished my book and started another and now I am doing a couple of loads of laundry. He went to hopefully finish off this guys basement, the electrical. Other than that not much going on. Been a boring, lazy day sort of.

Hope everyone enjoys your weekend!

P.S. Forgot to say...KATY, wtg on the .20!

I didn't weight today. Gave in to the cravings and had pizza and breadsticks last night, and I over did it so...just didn't want to see if I did any damage. About ready to throw the scale out the window anyway. Since I mowed the front and back I just counted that as my exercise for the day.

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Mindee~I only use bottle stuff too..but if I were to go blonde or add highlights then I'd go to the salon. Regis is pretty good. I think its like $60 to get your hair colored. I'm not sure..its been awhile since I've been there. I used to get my eyebrows waxed there. But then we were all poor after Halloween, so I had to start doing my own brows, lol. Plucking is worse than waxing for sure!! I think now the nerves are dead, because it doesnt hurt anymore, lol.

Susan~We have spent a lot of money on our cats. They have a huge cat condo, a couple scratching posts, fancy cat beds, lots and lots of toys, eat & drink out of fancy bowls we made for them. And yet..they play with scrapes of paper. Sleep in plastic bags or on the table, lol. Eat dried up food from the counters, drink water out of the shower (when the door isnt closed). And yet..they act all high and mighty!! LoL!! OH..I read something in this cat book that said "Cats used to be worshipped. And they havent let us forget it since." Or something like that, lol. I thought it was pretty funny. My mom used to carry Sassy around on a pillow..lmao. April & Lucky like to be carried around in my big purses, lol.

Cristina~In the sun, you can see the strands of black, light brown and red in my hair, lol. Fonzo thinks it looks pretty cool though. When I was younger..I was ALWAYS playing outside. So my hair had lots and lots of golden streaks. It was so pretty. Plus I had a nice tan. OoO! I miss looking like that. I'm all pasty now, lol. Oh...I refuse to go way down below where Fonzo works, lol. That is just way too many stairs for me. I HATE going up and down those stairs. Omg, I feel like I'm gonna fall, its so scary. Then you have to walk over this thing in the doorway. I almost trip over them. Plus, Fonzo walks soooooooooooooooooooooo fast when he's on the ship. Its hard to take keep up with him, lol. He does it without realizing it. He says he has his work walk, where its all fast..and his home walk..which is a little bit slower, lol. Actually though..if you're ever in San Diego..you can tour the Midway. Which is another aircraft carrier. I wanted to take a tour on it..but Fonzo was like "you've already been on one" and blah blah blah, lol. We did get to tour a pirate ship..and a russian sub. Well..he went on the sub. I freaked out when I got in there. It felt the the air was being sucked from my lungs, lol. OH..and we toured that one ship from Master and Commander or whatever it was called. It has Russell Crow in it.

Okay..I'm rambling now. I think today was like a half day for me. I did my walk this morning..then I came home and took a nap. Woke up, had lunch a couple hours too late. I'll probably eat dinner a little late too. Which sucks, because I've been looking forward to eating it ALL week long. Its a frozen pizza. Well..you know..one of those pizzas from Smart Ones, lol.

Oh ya...has anyone seen this movie called Silk?? I was going through all the On Demand movies..and I came across it. It looks soooooooo interesting. I'm almost tempted to buy it tonight and record it so Fonzo can watch it too. It has something to do with Japan, so he'd be interested in it as well. Kiera Knightly is in it. But then..I really wanna watch Becoming Jane too. I've been waiting forever to see it. Ugh..I'll probably give in and order both, lol.

Okay I'm rambling...I shall go now.

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Ladies.

I took my benedryl this morning so I slept well and the best part -- no itching! YAY! :cheer2: (My skin has been very itchy lately)

Well I woke up today with a "Surprise" TOM came. GRRR. I hate that. Why can't we have nice "surprises" instead of that? :p

Katy -- Yeah that just struck me as funny this morning -- "Do you want to have firm, tight abs." No thanks I like my Flabby ones. :lol3: I have seen something about that book too. I would like to get it. Good luck on the Spinning Class. :)

Jules -- My TOM too! So that stupid Brownie Sundae was calling my name for sure! :drool: Until I read how many calories it had! :yikes: Yeah I have flabby abs too, it was a joke I made responding to the man on tv, like anybody would "want" flabby abs. :lol:

Francie -- I think the worst Infomercial is that stupid bullet thing. you know that thing that is like a blender that all these people are sitting around while these two idiots say, "See I can make an omelet in 2 sec" or whatever in the heck they are mixing. Its just annoying. The product may be very great, just the people are so annoying! :lol:

Mindee -- It was all informercials that was on at that time. :lol: Yes I just saw that A&W commercial!!! I am like, "Oh come on people!!!" Its like people know that its torture for people like me! lol. Luckily we have no A&W's around here, I had one in my town backhome, but none up here. We have things close to that though..........

Suzy Q -- Its torture I tell ya! I dunno if you will see the A&W commercials that Mindee and I were speaking of, but if so, we warn you now! lol.

Cristina -- Cool! Glad your getting a bike too! When is your bday? My mother's is coming up, the 23rd of this month. She will be up here by then, I was thinking of getting her a few magazine subscriptions for Mother's Day. Figured for her bday, we can take her out to eat wherever she wants when she is up here. I am getting ready to "give in" and eat some pizza too. :o We don't have much food at the apt right now, so I just went ahead and ordered. :o

Big :hug:

Shopaholic1204
05-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Sassy~I have the Bullet (at first I thought you were talking about the "toy" LOL!!). But ya..the people in the commerical are ANNOYING..and BAD actors!! I hate the guy that likes to drink or whatever. Like come on..I'm better at pretending to be drunk than that weirdo, lol. Sucks about the TOM. Mine should be coming next week or the week after.

Sassy_Chick
05-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Francie -- :wave: Yeah the product actually looks like it would be very handy, but those people are just soooooooo annoying! lol. I think they should have "Real" people instead of actors........We all could do a much better job I think! lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Wanna see what I spent the last 3 hours doing??

(Queen Bee-Sassy..Cutie-Lucky..Crazy-April)

I did others of me & Fonzo, lol. But those ones are up on my myspace albums. I wasnt sure if I could post them all, lol.

FrouFrou
05-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Happy Sunday, All!

FRANCIE...too cute! I love your kitties. I have been wanting one for a while, and a dog too but...always a but...DS is allergic to cats and the idea of house training another dog, ugh...not so sure I want to. And I am afraid little Ernie dog will be jealous and get mad at us, lol. I see why Fonzo stays slim...all that walking. I think it would be cool to tour the ships.

SASSY...the 12th is my anniversary and BD and I can't believe how old I am! When I say it out loud it is weird because it sounds so old but I don't feel a day over 12, lol. Sure don't act it either. DD is always telling me "Do I have to be the adult here?" Anyway, it's just some numbers anyway. So did you get your bike?

HIYA JULES, SUSAN, KATY, MINDEE, SUE and everyone reading this

Not usually on the 'puter on Sunday but I was bored. Finished my book and getting ready to start another but need to give my eyes a rest. V is working today so not much going on.

I did step on the scale this morning...not as bad as I thought. I am kicking myself though for giving in to the cravings and eating so much crap...probably would have been down a pound. :kickbutt: Oh well...that's life and there's always next week. Tweaking my menus and will try to stick with it the best I can.

I also talked with V last night about a trip to Portland in Oct and he says the is fine. Going to look up tickets and get an idea what things will cost and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing comes up that I can't make it.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

Shopaholic1204
05-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Cristina~Thanks!! I love my babies, even when they're being awful, lol. Jealousy is a big thing with my cats. We brought Sassy with us when I moved out of my mom's house..and then a few months later we got April. Sassy HATES her with a passion. And then in 2006, we got Lucky when she was just 6 weeks old. She was the cutest kitten ever!! April took to her right away..but she sometimes get a little jealous of her. Lucky & Sassy are basically my cats...and April is Fonzo. She's the jealous one though and acts bad a lot, lol. Fonzo emailed me to let me know that he's been working out for the past 3 days. And that he's gonna have to beat me off with a stick when I see him again, lol. Plus, he wants me to wear my tankini and go swimming in the ocean with him. But he said that I cant wear anything over it. Not too sure how I feel about that...lol

Anyways..nothing much going on with me. I had a pretty good breakfast. Followed by 68 mins of cleaning this effin place. I have soooooo much laundry to do. I picked up ALLLLL the clothes from the bathroom, and all the clothes from the bedroom. And ughhh..theres just too much. I'm thinking of burning them all and just buying new stuff, lol. J/k!! :p I picked up so many of Fonzo's clothes, it makes me wonder what he took with him. Knowing him, he probably took 2 shirts, 1 pair of pants...20 billion socks and underwear and all his uniforms, LOL!! I'm gonna workout after lunch..so ya..Anyhoo..I shall be going now. Happy Sunday!!

tommysgirl18
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
just popping in here while I have a second.

we have a first birthday party to go to sometime today.....Tommy is off gallivanting somewhere with the boys. he claims he was going to the dumpster but Logan took off after him so I had to run in my slippers just to catch up to him! then of course Brandon followed right behind us.

we went to the race track last night, and I convinced Tommy to place a bet on the Derby. We won! Our horse, Big Brown, won the derby! Tommy has been bugging me to go to the casino but I don't see a point in it, now going to the track, that is something different! we hung around there for a little bit so the kids could see some of the horses that were there doing live racing. then we left because it started to get really windy.

we talked to the set of godparents that work there, and right now we are trying to set up a little date night for me and Tommy and them this coming Saturday. We are either going to go to the movies and possibly dinner. Or dinner and then a place here called Dave and Busters. We have to get a sitter first, which I am hoping that we can get!

gotta cut this short, I have a curly haired little princess that just fell asleep in the walker.

FrouFrou
05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
FRANCIE...funny about your kitties being jealous, just like humans they are. I think the best way to have more than one pet is to get them at the same time...I wish now I would have gotten Ernie's brother. Anyway, sometimes I guess, I guess there are some that don't have the jealousy or space issues. Ha! You and Fonzo both will have to beat each other off...with all the weight you are losing missy. You are doing GREAT!

MINDEE...woohoo to winning at the races! I keep saying I am going to go to the casino too but I haven't, lol. It's okay, I just don't like losing money, of course I don't play the big games. But I have watched a lot of people lose big time and don't understand it...just kept thinking about what I could do with that kind of money. Hope you can get a babysitter for a date night!

Okay, HI again to everyone else :wave: I am outta here or I won't get anything done, oh wait..I don't have anything to do :lol:

Have a good one ladies!

tommysgirl18
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Cristina~ My MIL was going to take me to the casino when I turned of age to go to the ones downtown but I didn't see a point in going. I did however go into the casino once.........long enough to use the bathroom when I was pregnant with Brandon! My in-law's used to go all the time, and my FIL is usually a big winner every time that they go!

suetalks
05-04-2008, 11:56 PM
All this talk of casinos and my DH is at the riverboat one right now. I didn't want to go. Have been tired all day.
I do like playing video poker while he plays texas hold 'em though.

Mindee- Our racetrack had a simulcast of the Derby then live racing last night. Sounded like fun. They are opening as a casino there in June. Ugh...only a few minutes from my house. Good news or bad?? :)

Francie- Cute about the kitties. I would like one also...but won't because we like to travel and not mess with a pet. I hate boarding animals. My laundry is piled up for bed changing day tomorrow.....yikes.

Cristina- Cool that you are getting a bike too. I saw a pink one in Target ad today, so cool. Mine is almost like it, but blue. Do you plan to visit our girls Susan and Katy in Portland? That would be so much fun.

HI Jules, Susan, Katy, Sassy. Hope all are well.

Mom and I took it easy today. Took a ride out to the country to check up on DD and her DH's house project. Coming along nicely. Then we went for a hamburger. No fries...just the burger. I came home and watched 2 Lifetime movies and then played on this darn computer. Trying to set up my new mail and different sites. Love the cable modem...it is so fast.

Busy week coming up with Mom having 4 Dr. visits on 3 different days. Then SiL is visiting Wed. and my aunt will be here tomorrow. Hopefully the Dr. will clear Mom to go to TN with my aunt next week. Fri. my BiL will be here from CA. So, lots of company and I think I might have to cook a couple company meals this week. Dunno when I will find time to shop and cook. :)

Tata for now.

Shopaholic1204
05-05-2008, 02:57 AM
OMG!! I just watched a really good movie On Demand!! Its called, Wristcutters: A Love Story. It was different and interesting and kinda cute towards the end. I really enjoyed it. I hoped it recorded because I want Fonzo to watch it when he gets home. If not, then I'm gonna buy it. Anyways...wheres what its about:

Despondent over his breakup with Desiree, Zia slashes his wrists and goes to an afterlife peopled by suicides, a high-desert landscape dotted by old tires, burned-out cars, and abandoned sofas. He gets a job in a pizza joint. By chance, Zia learns that Desiree offed herself a few months after he did, and she's looking for him. He sets off with Eugene (an electrocuted Russian rocker) to find her, and they pick up a hitchhiker, Mikal, who's looking for the People in Charge, believing she's there by mistake. They're soon at the camp of Kneller, where casual miracles proliferate. They hear rumors of a miraculous king. Can Zia find Desiree? Then what? Where there's death there's hope.

Shopaholic1204
05-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Ya..I'm like very addictive to this site!! LoL!!

(I'll delete these later I promise)

Sassy_Chick
05-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Mornin' All. :coffee:

This will be a quickie since I am getting ready to go to bed..........(I work nights for anybody who doesn't know)

Well today DH took a personal day and we went out for dinner, went to a seafood place. DH had Citrus Crusted Tilapia. OMG Ya'all it was soooooo good! I wished I had gotten it! I got Shrimp Etoufee, it was ok but nothing as good as DH's Tilapia. I am in :love: with fish now. Told dh we got to get some!!! :carrot: He also had Zucchini with it but it was very very bland, not spices, etc. Then we went to Wally World, got a few things. I got myself an electric razor. Gonna try it out......You can use it in the shower........So we shall see!!! lol. I didn't get my bike :bike: yet.........

Well that is about it. Have to get some Zzzzzzz's so I can bright eyed and bushy tailed for work tonight. :p This will be my last week with this schedule. New schedule starts next week........On Sunday Night.

Have a Great Day!

suetalks
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Sassy- My DH likes tilapia and it is more reasonable to buy than some others. We actually buy it frozen at Meijer and it is usually "buy 1 get 1 free." I bake it or broil it. Have even pan fried it for him. I don't eat fish.

Francie- Cute pictures. Something to keep you busy, huh? I am keeping busy finding out how fast this new cable modem is. Love being able to surf....fast. And I can watch videos now.

OK..just wanted to pop in and say "hi." Gotta run........

Shopaholic1204
05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey...I just got back from the ER. I was there for 3 hours!!!! I was there for 2reasons. 1-I started feeling these really sharp stomach pains and I was literly on the floor crawling crying because it hurt so much. And 2-because of that pain, I freaked out and had a panic attack. Then they had to give me oxygen because I couldnt catch my breath after having a 2nd panic attack while they tried to put an IV in me.

They did an ultrasound on my stomach and couldnt find anything wrong. They just think that I had a bad reaction to the food I ate last night, and probably had a little stomach bug. Which sounded like bs to me..but whatever. They gave me some meds to take if it happens again. I dont like the Naval hospital ER very much..but at least I have some meds, lol.

I'm gonna go try to get some sleep right now. I hope Fonzo calls me soon..

FrouFrou
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello ladies...

FRANCIE...hope you are feeling better girly! :hug: Sorry you had to be at the ER for 3 hours! I think it only adds to the problem...waiting, waiting and more waiting, ugh! Is this the same pain that you had a while back? Did you ever find out what that was, can't remember, sorry. Love the pictures, especially the devil one...too cute!
Hope Fonzo called.

SUE...yeppers, planning a trip to Portland and keeping my fingers :crossed: nothing comes up. The pink bike (Roxie) is the one I've had my eye on for sometime and can't wait to get it. Although, I forgot that I have to get a helmut too. The city has a helmut law for bike riders...funny that they don't have one for motorcycle drivers considering all the fatalities lately. Hope you mom gets the okay to go to TN. You are going to be one busy momma this week for sure! Hope you can relax and enjoy your Mother's Day come Sunday.

MINDEE...I know a few people who always win, and it's not just little nickel and dime stuff...me...never lucky enough to win much of anything. I think the most I ever won on anything was $100 scratch off ticket DH#1 bought me when the lottery first started.

SASSY...glad you and DH had a nice dinner. Hope you got a good nights sleep.

SUSAN...where you be woman? Miss ya when you are not around. Hope you and McD had a nice dinner/evening.

KATY & JULES....hoping all is well with you two ladies.

Nothing much going on with me today. Did a hour of exercise before heading out to run some errands. I've promised the fam lasagne for two weeks now and I just hate making it so had to get some ground beef and a few other things for my menus this week. Ran to the PO to mail my mothers mothers day gift...was thinking I had a week, lol. Usually just send her a gift card so she can just get what she wants but this year I actually bought her a few things. She's very picky so I never know what she will like or even want but I think I got a little bit of this and that and she will like it. Washed my car even though it is supposed to rain, lol. Don't plan on going anywhere the next couple of days so should be okay and now I have to go pick up poop and do the rest of my exercise and do some laundry.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

tommysgirl18
05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
well, I feel like little Miss Susie Homemaker today. I have a chicken with redskin potatoes and vegetables in the crock pot cooking away! I called our worker on the kids insurance, and she claimed that it got canceled because we never gave her the new address. Which is BS because any time she sent us paper work to fill out, I made sure to put the new address on it! She said that she would change it in their system and it will be retroactive from May 1st. I am going to call back in a couple of days to make sure that it was taken care of so that we can go ahead and scheduled Brandon's ENT appointment.

Brandon made this really cute lily pad at school! It is a paper plate, that has a v shape cut out of it. He then painted it green, glued a pink tissue paper to it (as a flower) and then glued a frog to the plate.

Sue~ Did you and your mom ever get your Subway?

Francie~ I hope you are feeling better now! My goodness you have been through the ringer!

Sassy~ I hope you are getting your rest that you need!

Cristina~ Man, you were one busy lady! I have been doing the 2 mile Walk N Tone with Leslie Sansone. I am thinking about doing that in the morning and then walking around the complex at night. I just hate having to sit still, which is why I think Tuesdays are my bad days.

Mom2Gaby
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Afternoon -

I have been having a horrid time w/ my unemployment benefits. I forgot my pin number yesterday and tried all these combo's , no go. So I called this morning and she reset it for me and when I went back on line it wasn't reset so I tried my old pin again and it worked. Checked back in 2 hours and it said I hadn't filed a weekly claim so I call and wait 15 minutes for a live person only to be told the system is down and she couldn't check for me. UGH. I swear. So I tried to file again and it had me do a new pin this time so I did and I filed and now I have to check that it went through. I am SO stressed on it all. It probably means a delay in getting paid.

I went w/ the ex husband to his eye appointment this morning because they were going to dilate his eyes and the plan was I was going to drive him home. Because he is old and umm....fluttery.

So, we get up there and the VA schedules 12 people for every appt. Great. So, by 10:30 we ate still sitting there and he is dilated but they haven't called him back for the 2nd time. I told him we should just go, he was fine, geeeeeeezus!!!

He said no that I can just call the school and Gaby can wait. I think not!! I said I could take his jeep down and pick her up at 11:20 and come back up to get him and he said no, he didn't trust my driving. Whatever.......why was I there?? I was sooo stressing because I have a full day as it is....and my unemployment was still not taken care of.

He finally goes back to find a nurse and talks his way in front of 3 other people waiting and we get to Gaby in time.

Went to Target to get her a sundress and we had pizza and she was having a melt down...and , and, the pizza sauce kept ooozing out all over her white shirt to join the hot chocolate she drank for breakfast.

Can't she ever just stay clean??? I was ok though, I just said "my goodness what a mess" and of course she doesn't care about a dress or shoes (she is having a school function this week , singing and all with her class) she just wants a toy.

We agreed on a dress but it didn't come in her size so we ended up at another Target and by now she is howling and steaming.

Get the dress and now onto shoes. Course she picks out jellies....which will not do for the Princess and keep us up with the Jones...haha....

Whatever.....it was a nightmare, at least it is taken care of.

Had a nice time w / Mc D, seems like a lifetime ago now! He made some New York steak that was sooooo good and some fresh green beans that were so yummy too. We ended up just staying in and having our own Cinco de mayo...lol.

Sassy - YUM , Tilapia!!! I had some yesterday, I love fish.

Francie - Wow, hope you are feeling better today!

Mindee- Yay, for winning in the derby!

Cristina - I am here!! It would be so nice if it works out for you and Jules to come out in October!!

Hi to Sue , Katy and Jules!!

My time is up on the computer, wish I could chatter more! I just am exhausted. lol

Chat more later!

Shopaholic1204
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Sassy~I wish Fonzo liked seafood..I'm seafood deprived. :( LoL!! I have a question for you..but I'll just PM you about it in a few mins..

Sue~Ya..its my late night hobby, lol.

Cristina~Me, some old dude & his wife were the only ones in the waiting room. It was very annoying. Then they made me take a pregnancy test. Like that wasnt the biggest insult ever. I'm like..hello, my husband is gone. Do I look like some skank?!?! OH..they they got all snippy because I couldnt remember the last day of my AF. Well sorry..I'm the one sitting there barely being able to breath..they're lucky I could even remember Fonzo's social (ya, they need his, and not mine. I dont even remember what mine is anymore..but I can sure recite his at the drop of a hat, lol). Ugh..I swear, everytime I go in there..its the same horrible experience. OH..and no..it wasnt the same prob as last time. That time my ovary was hurting..but when I went to the doc awhile ago, she said there was nothing wrong with it.

Susan~Omg..Jellies. Wow..that takes me back. I wonder if they have any in my size...

Well..I'm feel better now. I even ate some lunch. I'm thinking about working out, but nothing too extreme. Maybe the woman's walk & then the firming exercises.

I'm thinking of dropping out of the BL challenge. Its just too much for me..and I feel sooooooo much pressure. Like what if I miss a weigh in because my internet goes out?? What if I miss this, or miss that. My internet went out for an hour yesterday and I freaked out big time because I thought I would be missing something for sure. Plus..I'll probably be going on vacation sometime..and I want to see Fonzo for an entire week. I dont wanna have to think about running to a comp to join in on the chat or weigh in. I dunno..what should I do??

Oh ya...I have another question too. When you guys do WATP..do you ever just mute what they're saying and put music on??? I get so annoyed by some of those people, lol. Plus, listening to my own music keeps me pumped up more.

Anyways..Fonzo called. We got into a semi argument. Which was a first in a very very long time. I mean, we werent screaming at each other or anything. Actually..it was one of our most easiest arguments ever, lol. He said his side, I said mine..we came to an agreement and then moved on, lol. Who knew it could be so easy?? LoL!!

Well..I better get off here and go work out so I can take my 2 hour nap soon, lol.

Sassy_Chick
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Hola Amigas! Happy Cinco De Mayo!!! :yay:

I got my rest. I woke up feeling yucky and icky. But amazingly after I got to work, I felt 100% better. :)

Sue: Thanks yes it was delicious and healthy at that! Who would have thought that me, Sassy, would have loved something healthy that much? :faint: lol. But I am glad. Just shows I can do it. ;)

Francie -- I sure can sympathize with ya. I've had stomach problems for a long time. But all I can say is be persistant. If you have anymore pains, go to the ER again. I say this because I had 7 ulcers in my stomach and now they are gone but just you know your body better than anybody, so if you feel pain that isn't right, go to the ER and be persistent. I know its frustrating. I hope you get some rest and feel better. What meds did they give you? If I may ask? My dr gives me a standing order of Phenergan, anti-nausea medicine. It makes me very very sleepy though so I only take it when absolutely necessary.........

I love seafood too. I honestly didn't like it before DH. Then he brought me into the world of Seafood! lol. Now I love it, well at least some of it. lol. He makes me try everything though. lol. My fav is crab......but man is it ever a pain to eat! lol.

I say do what is right for you. If you feel too pressured with the BL, then drop out and do it on your own....maybe try it next time or something, if you want. Me and DH usually argue over the dumbest things! lol. Like what we want to eat -- that is the most frequent. Really stupid, but neither one of us will make a decision. lol.

Cristina -- Thanks. It was a nice dinner. I did get my rest, thanks. :) Lasanga.....Mmmmmm. DH makes it at our place. He makes a lot and then puts them in the foodsaver bags and freezes it, so we can have lasanga anytime we want........;)

Mindee - Mmm sounds tasty. WTG on the exercise! Now can you give me some motivation? lol. I did get my rest, thanks. :)

Suzy Q -- Wow Girl! I think you need a few drinks! lol. Sorry to hear about the pain with the unemployment. DH was on that for a while, a few years back and he amazingly did not have any issues.......I hope yours gets straightened out! Glad you had a good time with McDreamy........and yes the fish was soooooooooo good! :D

Big :hug: to all!

Mom2Gaby
05-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Evening -

Francie - McD won't make fish, I beg and plead but I don't think he really likes it. We did have salmon at his friends house. My hawaii friend is always catching tuna and eats fish almost daily. Anyway - I am glad you are feeling better!! And I think w/ Jellies you can just squeeze your foot into a smaller size like Gab was doing, she wears a 2 and I swear her foot was in a 1....lol

Sassy - Hey chickie!! I am glad you went to work and felt better! I think the employment thing will be ok, I checked and it showed I had claimed a week so I hope to get a deposit in my account on time Wednesday! Have to cool it on the drinks during the week , otherwise I will bloat back up. Darn. :(

Wrapping up the laundry and getting a tired little girl to bed. I have to go pick her up a white sweater for tomorrow and she is all set for her singing debut :D

Had a breakfast sandwish for breakfast, tenderloin for lunch and some veggies. I might have some peanut butter crackers for a snack later on. What a life. My goal this week is to hit 159. yay.

Night all!!

Shopaholic1204
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Sassy~They gave me some anti nausea meds. I took it when I got home..and it made me very sleepy. I think I'll save them for when I cant sleep, lol. Hopefully my stomach wont hurt anymore. I really hate going to the ER. Maybe next time, I'll go to the civilian hospital.

Before I was with Fonzo, I was never really into mexican food. My family thought it was very strange, lol. But he got me into liking it. Or maybe its because I just grew up and liked the taste?? Either way, it all happened after Fonzo, lol. I only like to eat it with him though. We go to this resturaunt that reminds us of home..lol.

Ya..I'm gonna drop out of the challenge. I seriously need to work at my own pace. I mean..I'm doing pretty good. I'm eating good, and exercising. I log it all in my blog. I think what really did it was last night. I ate too much frozen yogurt and felt really guilty about it. I feel like I let my team down. I shouldnt have to feel that way, ya know?? Theres that and all the other issues I mentioned before, lol.

Susan~I'm gonna check out Target after pay day to see if they have any jellies in my size. I used to wear them ALLLL the time. I dont care if anyone makes of me either. Those shoes are nice!! LoL!!

Well..Fonzo called me again..yay!! I was making fun of him..because he said all of Cornado is part of the base. And I was like..so I guess that big giant hotel is the Navy Lodge? And he was like..yup. Lmao!! It was funny. Maybe its an inside thing, LoL!!

I didnt take my nap today because I was too busy decorating my pictures, lol. I put them all up on myspace too. But ya..I think I'll go to bed after Medium. I can watch tv in the bedroom if I have to. I'm just soooooooo tired right now.

I already ate dinner, but I'm still feeling hungry!!! Ugh, I hate it when that happens. My dinner was good too. Roasted chicken, pasta w/mozzarella cheese sprinkles all over, and veggies!! If I wasnt so lazy, I'd cook all the time, lol.

Well..that 70s show is on..so I shall go now. BBL

Sassy_Chick
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Suzy Q -- Glad the employment thing got worked out and I hear ya on the drinks.....I can't have many because it raises my blood sugar.....:p Good Luck on your Goal! :)

Francie -- Yup probably Phenegran. Makes you very very sleepy......at least it does me. But it works. :) I hope you don't have anymore pain either. I know its not fun at all! You watch Medium too? So do I! Only I have to watch it when I am off........So I record it while I am working. ;) I'll have to check out your pics on myspace when I get home. Can't do it from work.....:smug: Glad you got to talk to your sweetie. :love: I've been hungrier than usual too for some reason tonight.......Weird......Guess I am lucky I am at work so don't have much of a selection here, plus the fact that I do not bring change so I can't get junk from the vending machine! lol. You said you had something to ask me and you would PM me? Just was wondering if you still had the question........Talk to ya soon.......

Shopaholic1204
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Sassy~I only recently started watching Medium. I started on the one about her boss' missing daughter or something. It was a 2 parter..and it was good!!! Ever since I've been hooked, lol. Oh..about the question..n/m about it. I figured it out, lol.

Sassy_Chick
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Sassy~I only recently started watching Medium. I started on the one about her boss' missing daughter or something. It was a 2 parter..and it was good!!! Ever since I've been hooked, lol. Oh..about the question..n/m about it. I figured it out, lol.

I've watched it from Day 1. I'm totally hooked. lol. Some shows are better than others, but I still am hooked.......lol. Glad you figured it out........;)

tommysgirl18
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
who would have thought that being Susie Homemaker and working out would make me feel good? While eating dinner, I was trying to figure out what I am going to make for me and the kids to eat on Tuesday night since Tommy has lodge!

He is taking Brandon's donation envelope with him to lodge. Brandon is doing a one hour walk for the American Cancer Society as a mini Relay For Life on Wednesday. Tommy's mom gave him five dollars. Then Anna, told Tommy to put the money for his shirt that he bought her into the donation envelope. So, right now he has $40 in his envelope.

When we took the kids to their recertification appointment on the 30th, they ask for the parents height and weight so that they can see what BMI they have. Well, the dietician started talking to me and was telling me that mine was still high and blah blah blah. I told her "well, the last time I was in here I believe I weighed about 245ish, so I am down 12 pounds from the last time I was in here." (which was six months prior to that appointment) To which she gave me a high five and then I told her about the WOMAN challenge that I signed up for and what the objective of the challenge was and she then said "well, I can't wait to see you in six months to see the results from that challenge!"

I am going to be making more meals at home. I mentioned to Tommy that I want to get back into the swing of making dinner at home and to try to not eat out as often as we have been! I know the nights that we are more or less destined to eat out are nights that the kids have doctor's appointments. But even still I want to try and get some healthier meal choices into this house!

RosieKate
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
morning all

I'm holding down the fort today...L was up all night puking...lord knows what caused it, but she's a wiped-put little mess this morning. I've propped her up on the couch with lots of towels and cartoons. Hopefully I'll get some gardening and knitting done while she's resting.

A trip to Portland? Wow that would be so much fun! We generally aren't too busy in October. DH is talking about booking an "adult-only" ( hehe) night at the coast the second Friday in Oct. Other than that and soccer, we are clear.

Mindee - I found that I ate much healthier when I cooked meals at home and ate out less...hopefully you'll find the same. Saves a lot of $$, too. Love that picture of Marissa...Leigh has one just like it from her first birthday :) Did you health insurance mess get straightened out...hope so

Francie - glad you are feeling better - take it easy...those pictures were a hoot...are the from a lolcats-type site?

Susan- wtg for getting so close to goal...it's inspiring. I'm glad the unemployment thing got sorted out - what a pain

Sorry I have to cut it short, but I have to get back to the little miss. Hi to Cristina, Jules, Sassy, and Sue! Hope everyone is having a good day!

FrouFrou
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Hello ladies, almost said good morning. Looks like it is early morning before the sun comes out...gloomy day today. I'm getting to where I really don't mind the rain.

FRANCIE...I usually turn the volume down very low on the work out dvds, the ones I have done so much I know, lol. I know the Leslie Sansone ones she does talk a lot! Sometimes I like it because she makes me laugh, she's kinda goofy but other times it's like...just shut up already! Regardless, I always have the radio on...I work better and it seems to go by faster with music. Hope you are feeling better today.

KATY...hope little L feels better soon, poor little thing. :hug: October is a slow month here as well, of course most days are slow for me, lol. But nothing really happening in Oct. and it would be great to finally get together with you ladies!

SASSY...does the lasagne in the bags freeze well? Meaning...does it still taste as good as when it was first cooked? I am such the weirdo and don't make anything extra because I despise leftovers and to me that is leftovers...I said I was weird, lol.

SUSAN...glad things worked out, seems like a pain in the arse isn't it? So much red tape now days for just about anything. You are doing great with your weight loss and 159 is soooo close I know you will get there!

MINDEE...good deal on the 12 pounds! Lots of good vibes to you on your challenge! :goodvibes:

HIYA JULES, & SUE!

Did part of my exercise and will do the rest in about a hour. The eating has been good so far this week. Of course it is only Tuesday, lol. Other than that not much going on. Doing a couple of loads of laundry and loads of reading!

Have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Good Morning -

I had toast for breakfast 220 calories w/ some butter, which I haven't counted, so just figure 250? I think so. I was craving my carbs and that with coffee made me a happy chick!

Francie - Enjoy your jellies!! On Gab she looked naked and the last thing I wanted to see were her dirty little feet. lol I love Tamales the most out of all the Mexican food but fish is my favorite meal! sounds like you are doing super!!

Sassy - :hat: I love margaritas from Chevy's, they are huge and so yummy. lol anyway - thanks and I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!

Mindee- Yeah on that 12 pounds! Maybe cook on the weekends all your weeks meals would help?? Freeze stuff that way you just pop in the oven and have home cooking during the week when you get busy w/ appts??? Sounds good huh? I could never do it but my mom always told me to do that. lol

Katy - Hugs to L!! Hate when the kids are sick.

Cristina - I can not get into my last book, I think I will bag it and go onto something else.

anyway a big hi to Jules & Sue!!

I have to go get Gab in a second. Watched the Bachelor last night and had to listen to Rach fight with her boyfriend on the phone - finally unpluged the stupid thing because he kept calling up until 11pm. BS! Just need a vacation from these kids.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!!

tommysgirl18
05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
well, I am still at a loss as to what I am going to make tonight for dinner for me and the kids. but I will figure it out here in a second!

we are hopefully having a date night this coming Saturday. we are going to go out to dinner with a set of the kids' godparents and then either go to a movie, bowling or to Dave & Busters. me and Tommy are hoping for the bowling option, but we will be happy with anything!

Katy~ I hope little miss L is feeling better now! we haven't had any puking issues in a while, so I am hoping that we don't get near any. The insurance issue is, well it should be figuring itself out. I am going to hold off and call tomorrow, since I was told it can take up to 48 hours to fix itself in the computer system.

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments! And thanks for the good vibes!

tommysgirl18
05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
SusieQ~ You snuck in on me! I have contemplated doing that, so maybe I will look into doing that. I have heard from some other mothers that they swear by it. So, maybe I will look more into it and just make sure that we have every thing on hand so I can do all my cooking.

suetalks
05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Quick HI from me. Trying to get the house cleaned up and working on a grocery list so I can go shop. As it ends up we are having all DH's siblings and spouses here Fri. He has requested sloppy joe's, which isn't hard. But then I am also making potato salad, fruit salad, jello salad, spinach dip and taco dip. Now when they all bring a dish we will have a huge lunch. I was going to make pulled pork BarBQ, but he wants the other. Oh well, less hassle to make for me. I hope someone decides to bring dessert. :)

DH is doing yard work and I am going to plant some hens and chicks here in a little while. Hoping to get a few more plants in the ground before Fri. Lots I want to get done...You know how it is, put things off, then when you are getting company you have to finally DO it. LOL

Have a good day/week ladies. I will pop back if I can.

Sassy_Chick
05-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Happy Tuesday Everybody!!! :carrot:

I actually woke up BEFORE the alarm today -- a 1/2 hr early!!! :faint: That is an achievement for me!! lol. AND I feel GOOD! Well except my neck is aching for some reason, but other than that, I am feeling GREEEEAAAATT! :D You know what I think it is? I think I have been getting TOO much sleep! I know how can someone get TOO much sleep, esp with the hrs I work, but I think somehow my body does not need that much sleep and too much makes it feel worse?? I dunno its a theory. lol. Cuz this morning DH wanted to get his motorcycle permit and the BMV opened at 8 am and I get off work at 7 am. We got into our town about 7:20 am. So we grabbed some breakfast and then DH got his permit. By the time that was all over with and we watched "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" it was a little bit after 9 am. We watched some tv in the bedroom and I think we went to sleep about 9:30 ish. Which is late for us. We usually are asleep by then. But I feel good. Weird.

I brung food tonight for dinner. Lastnight I did not bring enough and was STARVING by the time I got off of work, so to prevent that I brought enough to eat, if I don't eat it, I can just take it home. ;)

It was hot today. It was 83 when I came into work this evening. It is still 77 outside. :sunny: I hope it is nice when my mom comes up in two weeks......But I know if its not, its just being together that is important, but it'd be nice to get out and about during the day since I "normally" do not do that.

Well I am rambling away, aren't?? lol. :blah:

Cristina -- Yes it tastes the same. The Foodsaver bags are excellent, they keep out all the other foods and freezer burn so it stays fresh. ;) I have even froze Spaghetti and just thrown it in hot water to thaw and its good to go.

Suzy Q-- I thought of you this morning. lol. We was watching "Dogs with Jobs" on National Geographic and they had a Deaf Dalmation and her name was "Suzy Q" She helped a little Autistic Boy........Mmmm Margaritas!!! I love em too........:drool:

Sue your dinner sounds yummy.......:drool:

Well I did go outside on my 1st break and walked. :running: Just a few minutes, but it felt good to get up and move!!! I am doing what Paul McKenna said, add extra steps, so I can do this! And with DH's hrs changing to days, maybe we can take some short walks before the other one works as well! :D I am just really tired of being tired and movement is the key, no matter how small it is, every little bit helps I figure!

Well have an awesome night ya'all!

tommysgirl18
05-07-2008, 01:09 AM
just popping in here before attempting to head to bed early. we shall see how far that goes, but at least it is a start!

I actually had to stop and come back to post this because Marissa woke up and I had to walk her around the complex! Who would have known that three complete times around the complex is 2.5 miles!

now I am off to bed.....

Shopaholic1204
05-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Hey..

Had a very weird day today. I woke up too early..then pretty much slept on and off all day. I did get in my workouts, so yay!! After I ate dinner though, I became very weak. My arms & legs felt like lead..so I ate some cheese and started feeling better after 20 mins.

Cristina~Leslie does talk about. I dont mind her, but I cannot stand the other people talking. They just annoy me, lol. Plus they dont sweat which is weird, lol. Thats why I like the biggest loser dvds. They sweat!!! You can tell they feel the burn, lol.

Susan~Can you make tamales? I really wanna learn how to make them. I already know what goes in it (my family would make them every year), but I just dont know how to actually make them, lol. Dh & I go through withdraws, lol. His sisters brought us some tamles..but there was no chili in it. Wth? It was weird and tasted gross. LoL!! I love my some hot red chili!!! Fonzo is messed up..he told me he had mexican food yesterday in San Diego. I wanted to go through the phone and slap him, lol.

Anyhoo..here's my latest creations. LoL!!

BTW..how to add attachments????

Mom2Gaby
05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Week goes by so fast doesn't it??

Francie - Love the Blinges! I watched them make tamales as a little girl. On New Years my dad and mom hired a lady to come in and make them. Seems easy! Just make the masa and spread it on the corn husk thingie and spread the meat on, roll and tie and steam it. Ta Da...Tamales!! lol They are sooooo yummy. My mom buys them from a lady for $2 each, I tried some but didn't seem like enough meat to me.
Hope you are feeling ok! :)

Sassy - It is true, I think you can get too much sleep. zzzzzzzzZZZzzzz, not that I sleep. lol Great about the walking! Just added a little more time as you go and you will feel lots better, I think. :) ...not that I walk either. lol I like giving advice though!

Sue - Hope you have a nice visit w/ the family! :)

Mindee- That is nice about the date night! I am sure you guys will have fun no matter what you end up doing. I can sit in the car and enjoy myself with out kids around. lol .......and if there is a guy you are good to go....:o

Hi to Cristina , Jules and Miss Katy!!

I have tons to do. I did get my unemployment on time! I paid my ticket (no seat belt) phone and electric, I still have to go pay for gaby's next swim lesson and after that it is some grocery shopping and I will be broke again. lol
Gabster looked so sweet singing last night, my mom came too and we went to baskin/Robbins.
After that it went down hill w/ Miss Rachel who wanted to go to taco bell and I said no we have food in the house and she just had a fit and ruined my evening .What a brat, made gaby upset too.
Anyway - going to apply for a job today so cross fingers! I guess I am ready to get back to work, seems easier thing to do! SAHM's are Saints!! lol

Chow for now!

FrouFrou
05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Happy Hump Day, Ladies!

I am a little confused today, lol. Oh wait, that's everyday :lol: Kidding, lol...I usually buy groceries on Thursday so I am thinking it is Thursday. Not sure why I did today except that I was hoping to do it before the storms. Supposed to rain today, tomorrow and I think Friday. Anyway...so now I have nothing to do tomorrow...maybe I will take in a show. :dunno:

FRANCIE...when you go to post, at the bottom of the page it says 'manage attachments' click on that and then you can add pictures...I'm thinking that is what you are talking about. And the pictures are great...too freakin' cute! Speaking of tamales...I spent Christmas with my friend and her mother and grandmother fixed beef tamales for Christmas dinner....they were soooo good! I love mexican food, if it is good/true mexican food and not this stuff fixed by white people, lol. Although, there is a rest. here that is owned and ran by hispanics and it is the blandest mexican food ever...not bad, but very bland.

SUSAN...what are you reading that you are finding something else? I've had books like that but plugged thru them anyway just to get it done and out of the way, lol. I am loving To Kill A Mockingbird...making want to find the movie and watch it. I've seen it before but it was sooo long ago.

MINDEE...I have a friend who freezes lots of stuff...she will make a ton of spaghetti sauce and freeze it, chili, chicken and other stuff. She works lots of hours and the last thing she wants to do when she gets home is be in the kitchen for long. I think it's great for busy moms! Glad the insurance is getting straightened out. Hope you guys get to go bowling like you want.

SASSY...yay for walking! :carrot: I love those shows...we watched them on Monday and OMG...Two & 1/2 Men was so funny, kind of dirty...I am surpirsed they let them do a show with so much sex talk and it no be on cable, lol. I know for me when I sleep too much/too long it makes me feel worse. I usually will get up with a headache.

SUE...we do tend to do that don't we? I know I have some things I want to do and need to do but not sure when I will get around to doing them...maybe when company comes, lol. Sloppy joes sound good right now, lol. Hope you enjoy your company!

KATY...hoping little L is feeling better today.

JULES...hoping all is well with you.

Nothing going on with me today. Went and bought groceries today. Overslept which messed up my litte schedule and so far no exercise done. I may do a 50 minute dvd later, don't know. May just take a free day today :dunno: We'll see...my body is hurting though, from not exercising. That's about my day...gloomy day making me want to sleep.

Have a good one!

FrouFrou
05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
HIYA SUSAN....snuck in there while I was typing. Did Gaby have a program at school? No seat belt...WHAT? :nono: Lol When that law first came out I had the hardest time trying to buckle up, but then I thought what would the kids think and they did ask why I wasn't wearing one, lol...I know here they passed it that if I cop sees a passenger without one they can stop you and ticket you. Still see lots of people holding babies in their laps though. Anyway...glad you got paid on time! Hope you have a good day!

Shopaholic1204
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Susan~It sounds that easy..but dont you have to steam them or something?? I cant remember. Plus, you have to add chili to the beef or something like that.

Cristina~I agree about true good mexican food. We're hispanic (I'm spanish & puerto rican..and Fonzo is spanish. I can relate more to my spanish side though)...my grandma (or Nana as I call her)..makes the best tamales ever!! I could kick myself for not learning how to make them. I used to make my own tortillas when I was little. But I dont remember how to do it anymore, lol. Theres a pic of me doing it too, lol. I even had my own little rolling pin. :p Omg..I wish I knew how to make sopapillas and pastelitos. Mmmmm I want some now!! I wanna go home!! LOL!! Every Christmas me & Fonzo make menudo. It takes so good with sourdough bread, lol. This year I wanna make tamales. I just hope we move to a place that sells the stuff to make it. Omg..when my mom came to visit in 2005..she brought us 20 tamales. And Fonzo inhaled all of them!! I only had one!!! LoL!! I miss him making chorizo in the mornings. I love how the stuff smells. Reminds me of home..lol.

tommysgirl18
05-07-2008, 02:55 PM
stopping in while I have a chance! right now the only one awake is Brandon, and he just woke up.

I got in a good 2.5 mile walk around the complex with Marissa this morning....then climbed in bed. Got up, got Brandon on the bus, then came inside to do my Leslie Sansone workout. So, by 9am, I already hit 10,000 steps! I am now currently sitting at 14,921. I also have to add that I finally broke the 233 mark! I stepped on the scale this morning and was 232.8!!!

the insurance issue is still not resolved. the worker didn't do what she said she was going to do. so, I have yet another call into her and the next time I call, I will be telling her that I am calling her supervisor. but I did get all the paperwork in the mail today that I should of gotten two months ago!

Francie~ I have a lot of days where I feel like that! I love your pictures!!!

Susie Q~ I am sure that we will have fun no matter what the plans are, as well. It has just been so long since we have gone bowling....and we have both talked about going when Brandon went with his class.

Cristina~ We are getting rain right now, and they said something about thunderstorms at some point in time. The power has already gone out two or three times on me. Which means, that when the power goes out, so does our cable/internet/phone.

Mom2Gaby
05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Afternoon -

Francie - Minor details on steaming and adding chili!! lol - jk.
I did say to steam it though, don't want raw masa. I think the hardest part is making the little tie so they don't come apart. I think when you cook the meat you add in your spices at that time. I really don't think it is all that hard, not like some other Mexican dishes. We should try it some time!! I love tamales........now I am hungry for tamales and a margarita! YUM I am Hispanic/ Irish. I don't know where my love for fish comes from :dizzy:

Cristina - I was reading Jennifer Wieners/Weiners (I keep forgetting) The Guy Not Taken, it was short stories and I found it boring, no one you could really invest your time into :dizzy:. lol So, I picked up some Elizabeth Berg books because I read in People about her "The day I ate whatever I wanted" and it had a good review.
Also placed holds on "The Story of Forgetting" by Stefan Block and "The Girls and Their Brother" by Theresa Rebeck, all had good reviews so we'll see.
I love To Kill a Mockingbird! I never have seen the movie.
It was a school program - the K class sang 3 songs and we had the 1st and 2nd graders too. Very impressed w/ the music teacher, he had them singing about world peace, loving their neighbors and finding joy in themselves.......it was cute. The K's though sang about trains and horses....still adorable.

Mindee- :dancer: Bravo for breaking the 233 mark to 232!! I bet that feels good, congrats.

k- just wanted to pop in and say howdy. I am exhausted. Chat tomorrow and hello to everyone!!

Shopaholic1204
05-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Mindee~Congrats on the 232!!!

Susan~Ah yes..i totally missed it where you said to steam it, lol. For some reason, I just remember them taking forever to make them. Maybe thats why I think its hard. Although, they were making enough for the entire family.

Heres an odd fact that I found out today. You know you have big boobs when, you find your kitty fast asleep inside one of the cups, lol. And not only that, but she has her arm through one of the straps!! LoL!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi Girls. :wave:

I didn't get up early today. :( And yes I feel like crapola. I'm all achy from it raining :rain: too. Ah well......lol

I also didn't go out and walk on my 1st break either. Maybe on the next one....Well its my "Friday" but My Weekend is cut short due to my new schedule. So not a real "weekend"

Suzy Q - Yeah I will just keep adding more and more time and starting Sunday night I will be getting an hour lunch that I can walk :running: on too.

Cristina -- Yeah it was funny, Two and 1/2 men is usually pretty "dirty" but yes this one was really there. lol. I think they are really pushing the limits now with regular tv.

K guess that is all.

Take Care.

tommysgirl18
05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I am attempting again to go to bed early tonight.......

I am doing great with my eating and my exercising! It is 11:13 right now, and I have already clocked 19,087 steps (9.037 miles)! I am really excited about this!

Shopaholic1204
05-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Dh just emailed me the worst possible news ever. He cant go to shore duty because someone messed up his stuff. I cant believe this. This is something that we both feared. I'm really hating the Navy right now. Actually no..I'm not hating the Navy..I just feel disappointed. I cant stop crying and shaking. We were waiting for shore duty for so long. We now have the option of staying in Washington or going to San Diego.

Omg omg omg..I just hope to God he's not flipping out on the ship. Lack of food and "other stuff" really gets him angry.

Why did this have to happen. :cry:

FrouFrou
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...bet the program was cute! Love that the program was about peace, finding joy etc...hey, and one of Gaby's favs, horses! Or is it still? How did the job app go? Hoping you get it :crossed: I love the book too! Those kids kill me...too funny. And I am happy to say I finished it last night. Going to start Mary, Mary by James Patterson later...need to switch it up and read something different.

MINDEE...WTG on the walking missy! That is awesome!

FRANCIE...you are making me hungry with all the talk of tamales! I think I saw something on the puter once with a cat in a bra cup, lol!

SASSY...hope your day is going well.

Nothing much going on here. I did my workout this morning...did not want to get up. But went to the restroom and then couldn't go back to sleep. Mowed the front yard and getting ready to do the back. Decided I would break up the days and do the front one day and the back the next but it's rain the last two days and is supposed to rain tomorrow and Sat and the stuff is growing crazy...looks like a jungle back there! Gives me something to do anyway so...I'll still do my weights later as well since Tues & Thurs and sometimes Sat is my weight day...I am liking the muscle...muscle is my friend, lol. Anywho...had to run to the store and get milk and then go to the bank and Lowes to get a gift card. That's about it for me today.

Have a great Thursday all! Love ya's :hug:

FrouFrou
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Aaaahhhh Francie, I am sorry to hear the news. But hey, maybe you guys can go to San Diego...it is beautiful down there. I know how you guys had your hearts set on somewhere else. Lot's of hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
:wave: Good Morning Chickie's! :wave:

Sassy - :hug: Hope you are feeling better!!

Francie - I am sorry about the shore duty :hug: I could never be on a ship for long periods of time. I hope somehow/someway it can be fixed. :hug:

Mindee- Do you have a walking machine thingie that measures your steps?? :dizzy: I can't think of the name. I am just asking because once I was just counting the steps in my head :dizzy: and after a while it became rather cumbersome and lame. lol Anyway- hope you have a ticker thing! Awesome on the walking!! :carrot:

Cristina - I loved Scout, and the kids were as cute as can be, very enjoyable to read! Gaby still loves horses and dogs, she loves Momo, the kitty too. He sleeps up by her head, so he must like her in exchange. I hope I get an interview! It only pays $15 an hour but it would be back on site living so that would be a huge help, plus the stupid PGE bill included, so it would be a good job. Maybe with your chatter of mowing I can get Gab to help me weed around our place, it is a mess and the landlord is never around to maintain the yard. It would be fun, I like working outside.

I am just waiting to go get Gaby from school. Watched AI last night and was soooo glad to see jason finally leave and after that I watched the show on Barbara Walters, after that I went to bed. I didn't even read.....so tired. *wah....k- enough complaining. I need to get my butt in gear like you ladies and walk!! :)

:wave: Hi to Katy, Jules, and Sue!! And to anyone else passing by, you are welcome to join us!! :)

Shopaholic1204
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fonzo Just Called Me!!!!!!! He's Going To Shore Duty For Sure!!! We Just Got Our Orders To Annoplias Maryland!!!! I'm Soooooooo Happy Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
popping in while I have the chance to! Brandon is the only one awake right now. so he is eating potato chips and watching Bob the Builder.

I do have to say that I like Tommy's boss! He was suppose to work six hours on Saturday. But he told his boss that it is his anniversary this weekend and if he missed it he would be in the doghouse for sure. His boss told him that he understood and he can have Saturday off!

Francie~ That is great news that Fonzo gets to go on shore duty! When do you guys have to move to Maryland?

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice words! I am hoping to continue on with all my walking at night. Yesterday it was nice, but thankfully Marissa stayed asleep when daddy went to bed. I am thinking of just going for a walk by myself if she doesn't wake up. But then on the other hand, I wish we had a dog so that I could have some kind of protection with me.

SusieQ~ Yup, I have a pedometer. I wouldn't know how many steps I take in a day unless I have one!

FrouFrou
05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
HI again...

FRANCIE...:yay: to the good news! Do you guys know when you will go?

MINDEE...forgot to say earlier...:bravo: to being at 232.8! Take a walking stick or stick with you when you walk. That's what I did last summer when I walked in the wee hours of the morn. It wasn't because I was scared of anyone attacking me...except for a dog. There were a few mornings a dog jumped out and scared the crap out of me...never had to use the stick though, lol.

SUSAN...well, hoping you get the job. Hey, offer to pay Gaby and I bet she will jump on helping with the weeds! I too like working outside...it's therapeutic for me.

HIYA everyone else :wave:

Had a little time so thought I would check back. I mowed the back already and man what a mess. It is still soaked from all the rain and there was a corner I couldn't do...not sure if running the lawn mower thru water would hurt it or not...didn't want to find out, lol. Can't believe how wet it still is, ugh! Anywho...

Have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Okay well..I'm not sure when we're moving. I know Fonzo is off the ship is Sept..so maybe then?? I really hope nothing changes. I'm so excited now. I hated not knowing where we would be going.

Uh oh..Fonzo just emailed me. Pray that its good..Okay n/m..it was just something silly, lol.

I'm gonna be looking at military housing there while I eat my lunch. I dunno if we'll living in base housing again..but its fun to look at pics and floor plans. My friend Elyse is like 2 hours away from there!! I havent seen her since 2004!!! This is a pic of me & her from high school (of course I made it all pretty, lol)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/144167682_229859.gif

tommysgirl18
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Cristina~ Thanks for the bravo! I am more determined now then ever to continue on my exercise regimen that I have been doing! I will have to see if I can find a stick to take with me. The path that I take is usually well lit but there are a few spots that I just worry about someone popping out at me......even when I am pushing the stroller!

Francie~ That is still great news! I will say some prayers that nothing changes!

FrouFrou
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Too cute Francie! That's the one on your myspace isn't it? That will be great to be so close to your friend!

You are welcome for the bravo Mindee! You are doing a great job and I am proud of you! :hug:

tommysgirl18
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Cristina~ thank you so much for those words of encouragement! I asked Tommy if he would be my back bone and to help keep the junk food out of the house and he said that he would. Plus, he told me that when my clothes get too loose......then we will go shopping for new ones!

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Back again -

Mindee- Thank you dear. I couldn't think of pedometer, I am glad you aren't lame like me by just counting your steps the old fashion way. :) You will have so much fun shopping for new clothes as you lose!! Sweet that you have the support of Tommy, you are lucky .....a lot of husbands get wierd as their wife loses weight, at least mine did. Hey, did you ever decide on a bike??

Francie - Yeah on Maryland! That will be a nice place to be stationed,a lot of history in that area. Cute picture of you and Elyse! I am glad you aren't as stressed with the whole thing! :)

Cristina - I use to walk at 5am by myself....lol. Didn't carry nothing but my cell phone. Goes along w/ my leaving my windows and doors open , I guess. haha
I have always loved working in the yard, I miss that now. How are your gift boxes coming along? I keep thinking about that, wish I lived closer to help you. I don't know about the job. My benefits end mid July and I will have a good tax refund on top of that. I just really need a job. lol This month is good though because both fathers have paid child support, helps a ton! I like your new avatar!! :)

Going to have some red meat for dinner. Been working on Gaby's sweater for the longest time! Can't get that chocolate stain out for the life of me. I bleached her whites so that is ok......*sigh. I am 161 now.I have not hanged the ticker because I am hoping it will go back down soon. Just sooooo frustraing trying to get into the 150's! *&$^@%@*.

Thinking of what to do for the weekend. I can keep Gaby and not see McD or let Gab go w/ her dad and have a date night. What a toss up. I miss McD but I miss Gab too and it is Mothers Day weekend! Have to toss and turn on that some more, I guess.

Twisted my ankle today, felt stupid doing it. lol...Hurts now,,,,,poor me. :( I guess I can"t walk!!! Darn. :)

anyway- A HUGE hello to Sassy, Katy, Sue and Grandma Jules!!! We miss you ladies!! :)

Chat later.

Shopaholic1204
05-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Susan~OUch!!! Hope your ankle feels better!!!

jules1216
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
SuzyQ--ouch about the ankle. I'd keep Gaby. I've got everyone home right now. We moved all Ry's stuff out of the apartment. I've got one more basket to wash up and then he is going to start going through everything. He has SO many clothes, I didn't realize. He is going to go though everything and figure out what he's taking on the plane and then figure out what I will be sending out later and he is even going to give some to Goodwill. He flies into Seattle on Tuesday night.

Mindee--wtg on the exercising. Glad Tommy is being so supportive. Jerry's not so much. He gets insecure when I start losing weight.

Francie--Annapolis is BEAUTIFUL!! It sits on the Chesapeake Bay. (You'll get to see the bridge that I hid under the cover for) The Naval Academy is there. You will be just a short drive from the Atlantic Ocean. Baltimore and Washington DC are both close too with lots of cool places to see. If Ry was staying we would have to meet you and go to DC together.

Cristina--we have had a terrible time getting grass to go in our yard that still thinks it is woods. I have to mow the patches of grass and the weeds though.

Sassy--the rain is headed our way too. Luckily Ry and I got his bed & dresser and tv and other big stuff moved in my brothers truck before it hit. Moved everything else in me and Teri's cars. My knees are achy with the rain and going up and down the stairs moving stuff.

Katy & Sue--hope everything is well with both of you!!

I take Dominic to the cariologist for a checkup tomorrow. Well I am really tired so I will get off here!!

tommysgirl18
05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
just popping in before heading to bed! my little princess has decided that it is a tradition now to go for our nightly walk. she refused to go to bed tonight until we went for a walk.....and then she basically passed out while I was walking with her! I went for my same distance this time, but added another trip that was a little bit less around the complex.

Susie Q~ Ouch! I hope your ankle feels better. Alternate between ice and heat and keep it up as much as possible! Nope, I haven't really thought any more about getting a bike. But I know that Sassy was talking about getting one.

Francie~ How are you doing? I have been meaning to ask if Fonzo knows about your workout schedule and losing weight. Or were you keeping it as a surprise for him?

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I haven't really lost that much weight, but I have noticed that it doesn't really bother him IF I get any glances from other men. But then again, he doesn't really have a say since he constantly gets ogled at by other women....so all I have to say to him is fair is fair and then he laughs!

suetalks
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Jules..Just popping in quickly and saw your post. We also are having trouble getting a yard to grow. This used to be woods. And they had run cows in here also. You would think with all the cow s**t the yard would grow. :) Our back looks pretty good except where several trees have roots at the top of the dirt. We are going to mulch some more and take care of that. The front is what is driving us crazy. The builder had it done (poorly) and then he fixed part of it. (again poorly) Now DH put a Spring application on it and it didn't stop any weeds...looks terrible. So we are about to decide to pay a professional and get it done with a guarantee. On a positive note, all 7 of the trees we planted are doing beautifully, ferns all came back and things are looking good. I do want pretty grass though.
Hope Dominic gets a good check-up. What a doll baby.

Hi to everyone else...Glad to see you all posting. I am having a family lunch and visit tomorrow so cooked all day. I am pretty tired so be back tomorrow night.

tommysgirl18
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Sue~ Have fun at your family lunch!

Shopaholic1204
05-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Jules~I think Fonzo will be working at the Naval Academy (he is not an officer though). Everyone keeps telling me how pretty it is there. I'm just so excited!!!! :carrot: I wish we could leave now, lol. I'm getting tired of this boring place, lol. I'm exciting to be visiting DC and all the places..especially NYC!!!

Mindee~Oh Fonzo knows. He's even been working out on the ship!! We wanna get hot for each other, like how we were before we got married, lol. Being married has made us extra soft, lol.

Shopaholic1204
05-09-2008, 04:30 AM
So its 1:30am right now..and I'm so bored. I'm chatting with my friend..and downloading Lowrider Oldies, lol. I love the song I'm listening to right now. Its called "Angel Baby." I used to play it all the time when me & Fonzo started going out, lol. I miss him..

RosieKate
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Francie- So glad your bad news turned into good news! Maryland will be such and adventure for you two...so sorry you have to be apart from Fonzo right now. Did you ever get some sleep?

Mindee- wtg on your loss...and the daily walks. Those are gonna make you feel so good, and its good for Marissa, too.

Susan- How's the ankle today..hope its feeling better. Good luck on the job application! You'll be in the 150s before you know it.

Sue - Have fun with your family today. Your yard sounds lovely. I would love to live in the woods, but we settle for visiting my mother who has a nice wooded property.

Jules - Is Ry getting excited to move? How did Dominic's checkup go?

Cristina - Did the rain let up? Hopefully you can get your walk in without getting poured on.

Well, L got over whatever it was and went back to school yesterday. DH came home and puked on Wednesday, but he managed to rally and also was back at work yesterday. Crossing my fingers that no one else gets it. Today I hit the gym, then it's off to my spinning class! I maintained last week...not too bad considering I couldn't get out to the gym much. I did work in the yard and get some walking in. I'm getting in gear this week, tho', because I am real close to changing the ticker.

FrouFrou
05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...hope your ankle is better today...be careful missy! :hug: Tough decision, kids/McD, hmmmm :chin: you'll figure it out. Gift boxes???? Are you talking about the favors? I finished the bags and was working on the candles but quit when it was postponed so...but I did get half of them done.

SUE...I like a nice lawn as well. This is growing but I think we are getting the weeds too, especially in the back for some reason. We did lose 2 trees, glad they were just baby trees. We had that freeze and then that ice storm which I think did them in. Have a nice lunch!

MINDEE...funny Marissa is liking the walks now, lol...that is good though, and good mommy daughter time. Glad Tommy is supportive of you in your weight loss, always nice to have that support.

JULES...how's baby Dominick? Hope all went well at the docs. Yeah, it's hard to have grass with so many trees. But I thought I read or saw somewhere that there is a type of grass that will grow in the shade...thinking I saw it on HGTV. Just can't remember what kind it is. Bet Ry is excited! But lots of hugs to you because I know you will miss him :hug:

KATY...love the new avatar! Such a handsome little man. And glad little L is feeling better, and hubby too! Hope you and J don't get it. Oh my goodness the rain is horrible! Today it is nice and I am thinking about getting out for a walk...kind of windy which is making it a little cool but we have had so much rain in the last few days our sump pump is working overtime. Had V check it last night because it was going off every few minutes and it didn't sound right. I did not want to wake up to a flooded lower level. Enjoy your day at the gym and spinning class.

FRANCIE...I am glad that it is somewhere that you want to go and so many places to see! You guys will have a great time for sure. Being in the service is definitely a way to see the world.

HIYA SASSY...hoping all is well with you!

No special plans for the day...going to get my walk in for sure other than that just being lazy. Actually, I am doing laundry and not really sure what else today. Don't really have any plans for the day.

Have a good one ladies!

tommysgirl18
05-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Brandon did the ACES (All Children Exercising Simultaneously) walk for the American Cancer Society on Wednesday. He came home from school today with a t-shirt in his bag (that he had to put on immediately), a little certificate thanking him for walking and raising money for the ACS, and also a $5 gift card to Meijer.

I will have to take a picture of him with all his goodies he got. He also made me a "bouquet" of flowers for Mother's day, which I will also have to take a picture of here in a second.

I also stepped on the scale this morning and it told me 231.4!!!!! So, those walks are doing me a LOT of good! I even stepped it up a notch last night and walked around another time, but just around the driveways and not my normal path! I was going to go around my normal path, but it was cold out last night and my hands were freezing and so were Marissa's.

Francie~ Yup........marriage will do that to you! I noticed that I put on more weight before we got married, when we lived with each other and I was baby sitting our nieces at the house. I did notice when I went to fill in at one of my sisters works for a week, that I needed to get into eating on a schedule and not just when I wanted to!

Katy~ I agree with you whole heartedly! I love how I feel after I get back from our walks, and she sleeps a lot better then before we went for the walks. I even sleep better!

Cristina~ I am really enjoying the mommy daughter time and I am sure that she is as well. We haven't really encountered too many people on our walks, but when we do she lets them know that she is a happy baby!

Shopaholic1204
05-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Katy~Thats what I've been saying..Maryland will be an adventure. I just hope I dont get sick of it, like I did here. LoL!! But theres a lot of drama here that I'm just ready to get away from. Ya..I finally did get to sleep. I had the hardest time though. First it was too warm in the room..then too cold..then too warm again. Finally I just turned up the fans, and pulled the warm blanket over me and fell asleep, lol. I'm so used to Fonzo's warm body, that I need that heavy blanket to help me fall asleep. OMG, I'm turning into my mother!!!

Cristina~Well..I havent seen much of the world. Fonzo has seen more of it than me. LoL!! But I'm secretly hoping we'll just stay in MD, so he can go to Europe and I can finally visit him at port, lol.

Mindee~I started packing on the pounds about a couple months after we got married, lol. I dunno what it was really. Maybe just from being too comfortable and more lazy. LoL!!

tommysgirl18
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't know what causes it either, but I did notice that I was packing them on a lot easier after we had gotten married.

before we got married I was taking Metabalife and that helped me lose some weight, and then my grandpa died a week to the exact day and time before we got married. so we had his funeral on the Wednesday before we got married.

Shopaholic1204
05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. That had to be hard getting married without him being there. I noticed that when my mom passed away, my weight went up a lot more. I think depression can do that to you. Then when Fonzo deployed, that just added more stress and more drama..so I just ate away the pain. After he came home though, I realized I had a problem..and needed to lose weight.

tommysgirl18
05-09-2008, 01:38 PM
After the wedding and all that, my mom told me that my grandpa had been trying to hold on long enough to see me get married. And in fact, when we were taking pictures under the Cherry Blossom trees at the church, as I asked my grandpa and his grandpa (we got married on his grandpa's birthday) to bless our marriage. And right as we stepped out from under the cherry blossom trees, it started to sprinkle and then it rained for the rest of the day until we got to the hotel after the reception.

Shopaholic1204
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Aww..it was like he was there...

Mom2Gaby
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
TGIF!! -

I did a WI and I was 160.2, I will take it. I bounced up as high as 163 this week after the wild weekend of gin and tonic and wine. What an alkie I am becoming - lol . Forget it, I want to lose weight, no more indulging!!!!

Did I not get any of my post right?? Yes, Sassy was thinking of a bike, sorry Mindee. And gift boxes seem more fancy Cristina - lol....I think last I read you had 15 done out of 100?? Something like that. I should pay more attention. lol

My ankle is less sore today, thanks!!! I was sitting yesterday and my foot had gone to sleep without me feeling/knowing it. So when I stood to walk it was like a spaghetti string dangling in the air ..couldn't do anything with it and almost fell on my arse to boot!

Jules - Hope Dominic's cariologiest check up went ok today. Tell Ry it is suppose to be nice weather next week, up in the 80's , at least in Portland.

Katy - I am glad L is feeling better. Like the avatar too of DH, hope he is felling better!

Sue - Hey Bike Chick!! We miss you. A family lunch sounds like fun! :)

Francie - I agree w/ everyone else , Maryland will be so much fun to explore..and you can always hop a plane for Florida to vacation.

Mindee- Congrats on the 231!! All that walking is paying off, good for you! Cute about Marissa and liking her walk in the evenings.

Cristina - Come and do my laundry!! Ugh, I seem to have a load every day now. I was going to work on that stain on Gab's purple sweater. It is almost faded, maybe scrub some more. :?: Still don't know about the weekend, I guess I owe McD some time since we really only get to see each other on the weekends. I don't know.

Hi to Sassy!!!! :wave:

I went to Freddies and picked up veggies for a salad this morning. I was in there yesterday at the deli and there was a Garden Delite for $4.99 a pound so I bought a little container for $2 which was ridiculous. I can make that, I thought. Duh. So, I did. Now I smell like low fat vinegar dressing. lol
I put cauliflower, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, mushrooms. and cucumber in it....and you coat it w/ the dressing. I think an onion in in would add more taste. I might do that still since the girls won't eat it anyway. Also, I really don't like tomatoes but did that for color, but I could have used a red bell pepper. I just thought something different to eat over the weekend and I made 2 bowls of it so I might even give some to my mother (omg - for mothers day!! lol ). What a cheapie I am. haha.

Anyway - I better get my butt in gear. I bought cleanings supplies and plan an attack on my apt.My gift to myself for mothers day :)

tommysgirl18
05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
just popping back in before going to eat dinner. we are taking the kids to a bike night at a local flea market tonight. then tomorrow night........DATE NIGHT!!!! we have a sitter for the kids, and we are going to dinner and bowling!

Francie~ I had a feeling like he was there, and then when it started to rain it solidified it for me!

SusieQ~ I hope your ankle is better! Did you ever decide if you were going to have date night or time with the Gabster? Great job on the 160! I am slowly working my way that way! My next step, which will be my biggest accomplishment so far, is to getting past 200!

Mom2Gaby
05-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Mindee- I remember getting out of the 200's, it will be a great feeling for you! Every step you are making is great, enjoy the ride because when you look back it will be a wonderful accomplishment in your life!!

We (McD) are doing a date day I guess. He has a place on Lake Merwin in WA and we were going up there to spend some time. Gab will go w/ her dad from 1pm Sat to 1pm Sunday. So, I will get her some of Mothers Day and try and not feel too guilty. haha

K- been cleaning and staying busy today. If I get my second wind I am going to take Gab to Target and get some shorts and shirts w/ the warm weather coming up she will need it.

Hope you all have a great Friday evening! :)

tommysgirl18
05-10-2008, 01:06 AM
well, we had a great night last night! we took the kids to the bike night at the local flea market. we walked all over the place but because it was cold not that many bikes showed up. but it was still a good time had by all! then we had to go to walmart to get some stuff!

Tommy was asking me what he gets for our anniversary, since I get two holidays in one! for our anniversary, I get dinner and bowling. For mother's day, I get a new purse and some flowers!

SuzieQ~ I am inching closer and closer to that number and I am so excited about it! Have fun with McD!

FrouFrou
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Hiya Chickies...

MINDEE...:carrot: :bravo: :woohoo: WTG on being at 231!! Sounds like you guys have a nice weekend planned, enjoy your date night! Bowling sounds like loads of fun. Sounds like Brandon made out like a bandit!

SUSAN...when you are finished with your house cleaning, you can come do mine! Actually, DD is going to do it sometime today. Enjoy your day with McD! And WTG on being at 160!

FRANCIE...okay, so you're seeing the U.S....it's part of the world, lol. Hoping you guys get to stay there so you can get to Europe.

Another gloomy day here in Oz. Supposed to get more rain today and it looks like it is moving in. Woke up to the sun shining in the window and now it is getting dark. Nothing special planned today...aiming to finish Mary, Mary which I think I will. V is working, J is working and DD is cleaning the house for me and it is a good book that I don't want to put down. Was dozing last night or I would have had most of it done.

Did the Leslie Sansone's Trim & Slim and the Firming dvd and will do the sculpt & burn later. The first two are 30 minutes long and the last one 40 minutes.

That's about all I have. Most likely won't be back to post until Tuesday so I will wish you ladies a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Momma's Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, LADIES!
:celebrate: :balloons: :celebrate:

Mom2Gaby
05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
PLEASE STOP and POST on THREAD #44!!

See You there!!:scooter: