Fitness Videos - WATP....May Chat - All Walkers Welcome

Cheree
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
This is a thread for those who enjoy walking, especially with Leslie Sansone.

Welcome all Sweatin' Sisters & Brothers!! :carrot:

Let's Walk Away Those Pounds!!! Walk, Walk, Walk...

Cheree
05-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I've been walking our dog every night (40-50 minutes usually), but I don't feel that the walks are intense enough, so I'm going to start doing my Leslie Sansone workouts again (and still walk with the dog, but not take quite as long walks). Yesterday afternoon I did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk and I had to rest a couple of times, but I made it through it!!!

Scarletbegonias
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I've got 5 dvds now and I was doing good for a bit then I fell off the wagon. So I figure good way to start the new month is to get back on it and be a new me! I did 2 miles this morning I think it was the High Calorie Burn with the blue water hand weights. I might try to do another bout tonight before I leave for school. My goal is to exercise at least 5 days a week! :D

Michele L
05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Ooopppsss! Didn't realize I was on the April thread when I posted this morning! I got up early this morning and did the Morning Mile with 3 pound weights. I didn't do the abs part, but I know I should have! Will get something longer in tomorrow since it's supposed to rain.

Have a great weekend!

dixiecool
05-02-2008, 09:27 AM
May already! Where does the time go! LOL

Thursday:
Fast & Firm with stretchie from the Fast Slim series. My legs are still shaking this morning lol
50-minute walk outside with my walking buddy

This has been a very intense workout week for me and I'm just starting to get used to it. I've gotten up late for work almost every morning - I don't even hear my alarm clock! Hopefully by next week, things will start to settle in and my body will respond to the buzz-buzz-buzz at 5:45 a.m. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Shy Moment
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Ahhh here we are lol

loserjulie
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Did Walk Strong again this morning. I'm gonna try to do 4 Fast Miles tonight. I want to order Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles on Amazon but some of the reviews are horrible. Does anyone have any comments on it? Just looking for something short to do in the morning besides Walk Strong...Thanks in advance

FrouFrou
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello all...

It's been a while since I was here...still working out though. Just forgot to post.

JULIE...I don't have that one so I can't say anything about it, I don't think. I do have the 3 mile Waist one, not sure that is the same. Getting ready to do it in a few minutes. But I do like this one...I'll have to check out the one you are speaking of.

Today so far I have done the Slim & Thin, and the Shape & Firm for a hour workout. Going to do the 3 mile Waist one as soon as I get off the computer and the one mile as well, but a little later.

Have a good day!

Michele L
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM
3 Fast Miles is one of my favorites!! I don't care for the jogging intervals on 4 Fast miles and the 2 mile Fast Start, but I LOVE 3 Fast Miles.

Just my opinion.....

Shy Moment
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Michele
I don't do the jogging. I can but it seems to really hurt the knees so I just walk real fast during those times. Come on, anytime we get to see eye candy like Jim the vidoe is worth doing lol. My husband will yell, " ARE YOU LOOKING AT THAT MAN AGAIN." I yell back, "YES, AND SOMEDAY I MIGHT CATCH HIM."

Frou
Nice to see you around again. I love all those workouts. Have you tryed the toning one she has out that uses the walk away the waistline belt?

Julie
You think 3 miles is a short workout lol. I like all the slim workouts. One I really like is the 5 mile advanced walk. Looks to be 5 different miles put together. The first miles uses dumbbells, the second is a fast walk, the thrid uses the waist belt, the fourth is a fast walk and the fifth uses the stretch band it is about 71 min all together.

Yesterday
I am takeing it a bit easier on the knees for awhile. I was doing 8 to 10 miles a day and I really started to have trouble with the knees. I am going to back it down to 6 to 8 miles a day for a bit.
Today

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile High Calorie Burn ( 32 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Today

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 2 Miles ( 38 min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick 2 Mile ( 32 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

Scarletbegonias
05-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Just did the 4 Big Miles-Fast and Firm w/ the strechie. Im beat. I should probably work up to that instead of doing one 2 mile then going head first into the 4 mile

Michele L
05-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I got up before 7 this morning and did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 pound weights! Then we spent the day as a family, first going to a HUGE flea market and then shopping at the outlet mall! My pedometer says almost 17500 (and it's only 5:30pm)!

Dusty4800
05-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi all,
I am getting ready to do the fast & firm 4 really big miles its the one ive been doing the most, I love all of the walk slim set, I also love the 5 advanced miles
hope you all have a great walk
Dusty

CTripp924
05-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm new in here. Thinking about getting WATP since I've seen it talked about a lot around here. Can anyone tell me which dvd I should start with? And how long before you guys saw results? I'm anxious and eager. I've got 30lbs to lose in six months, that's my goal anyway.

cathyxxx
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
hey gang :wave:

y'all are doing great!

I fell off of the walking wagon last week and didn't get any miles in but today is a new day and a new week, and I got up at 5 am and did 3 miles. :running: I used the 5 mile dvd. In the 3rd mile with handweights, I do arm motions the whole time. To me, she walks too long just holding them and I like to USE handweights when I'm using them ;-)

I plan to see y'all again tomorrow!
hope everybody has a great OP day!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
hey CTripp - it's nice to meet you. I would start with the newest stuff from Leslie which is the Walk Slim Series. I would also get the 5 mile dvd. All of those would give you plenty of stuff to work with.

hope you'll join us here and post your walking.

take care,
Cathy

loserjulie
05-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Good Morning,
Did walk strong this morning. I ordered Walk Slim 3 fast miles from Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive. I really like the 4 fast miles with the intervals, I'll probably conquer it tonight after the kiddo's go to bed, if my jogging intervals don't shake them awake. lol, but it's true.

I have the 5-mile advanced but I've only done it once. Maybe I should try it again, but I didn't feel like I sweat as much as I do with the others. That is how I figure it's a good workout, if I'm dripping when I'm done.

Keep on Walkin, everyone!

Julie

Shy Moment
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Today

Walk At Home Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 2 Miles ( 37 min )

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

Dusty4800
05-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi All,
Monday Fast & firm 4 really big miles hopefully tonight ill do the 3 fast miles
Have a great walking day
Dusty

linda2u
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm so glad to read about everyone's progress. You all inspire me to keep trying to lose the weight and at the same time to get healthy.....thanks and keep up with the weight loss. :wave::wave::dust:

keep walking!!!!!!!

cathyxxx
05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
good morning gang :wave:

Did 2 miles this morning. :running: I used the Heart Healthy Walk.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

loserjulie
05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning, gang,

Did Walk Strong once again this morning. I did Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles for the first time last night. Leslie is kinda crazy in that one! But at least Steve is some nice eye candy! Not sure what I'll do tonight, I've accumulated quite the library and have quite a few to choose from. Happy walking!!:carrot:

Shy Moment
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 2 Miles ( 30 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs Super Fat Burning 2 Mile ( 37 Min )

cathyxxx
05-07-2008, 10:54 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. :running: I used the 3mile weight loss walk dvd.

have a blessed day,
Cathy

Cheree
05-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I did the Heart Healthy Walk this morning and held 3 pound weights the entire time, and it worked well. :carrot:

Shy Moment
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Today

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Miracle Mile Walk ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 5 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Booster Mile Firm Up With Stretchy Band ( 10 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Super Fat Burning ( 48 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles ( 51 Min )

cathyxxx
05-08-2008, 10:21 AM

I did 2 miles this morning :running: I used the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles and I did all of the jogging intervals and jogging kneelifts and leg swings. yeaaaaaa :cheer:

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Shy Moment
05-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Cathy
Nice going being able to do all that.

Today

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

Walking/aerobic workout 3 Miles ( 45 min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

loserjulie
05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Gee, where is everyone lately?

I did 4 fast miles last night, and Walk Strong this morning. Probably will tackle 5-mile Advances sometime this weekend again, I've only done it once before.

FrouFrou
05-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Still pluggin along...just forget to post here most days.

Today I am doing the 3 mile and either a long walk outdoors or hitting the treadmill. Not even sure how far I will walk, just going to get back to walking and adding a dvd to it.

Have a good weekend all!

Shy Moment
05-10-2008, 11:48 AM
yesterday
Walk At Home Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 2 Miles ( 37 min )

CrazedLedZepFan
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone. I've been doing the 1 mile daily when I can...I'm subscribing to Netflix so I can try out some of the other videos. What are some of the good ones for beginners?

Shy Moment
05-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Crazed
I am sure there are many great workout videos for beginners. When i started to exercise again I did the Walk way the pounds the 1 mile and Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies :). I still like to do both of those.

6.4 miles at the zoo Saturday

Cheree
05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I love Richard Simmons' workout video's. I think he even has some new ones...I first started out with his video's quite a few years back, then started Walk Away the Pounds with the weight balls. In fact, I just did the 2 mile one from that series this morning. I now carry weights throughout a lot of the Leslie Sansone video's and the WATP ones, I start out with my 3 pound weights, then when she says to pick up the weights, I use 5 pound weights. For some reason, it's really been hard to increase my muscle mass, so I'm using weights along with the cardio whenever possible (but that's just what I need.)

The last few days, I've been doing a new workout (new one for me), Walk Slim-Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles and I like it a lot!!! It's one of my new favorites. However, I do prefer James (that's his name, right? The big guy that usually wears a bandana on his head?) over Steve. Steve isn't able to stay with the beat and keep up with everyone else for some reason.

I also have another new one to try, it's "Walk Slim - Fast Firming!" (comes with a pink firm band). I started it, but it seemed like it wasn't as much walking but using the firm band. Does anyone know if she combines walking throughout it, or is it all using the firm band only without walking?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I enjoyed spending the day yesterday with my 2 sons (ages 25 and 27). First Mother's Day that I spent with both of them in 8 years, so it was an extremely special day.

loserjulie
05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Morning, gang,
I did Walk Strong again this morning, can't wait for my Walk Slim 1 & 2 Mile to come from Amazon, it seems to be taking longer than any others did. Last night I did 4 Really Big Miles. Not sure which one I'll do tonight, probably 4 Fast Miles. Keep on Walking!!

Shy Moment
05-13-2008, 04:50 PM

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles ( 33 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Power Mile ( 1 Mile ) ( 19 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 1 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

Cheree
05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I did 4 Really Big Miles.

How did you like 4 Really Big Miles? I just started doing it, and I think it's going to be one of my favorites (at least right now!!!). I've been doing a lot of walking, going to the gym, Wii DDR, adding in some weights, and will be doing a 2 or 3 mile WATP workout later today. Gosh, I cannot believe how much of a slug I used to be!!! I'm probably getting close to doing what "normal" or "average" active people do on a regular basis... :o

loserjulie
05-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I really like 4 Really Big Miles, even though Leslie gets kind of loopy about half way through. Steve is very uncoordinated, but he is kind of puppy dog cute. I like the variety it has to offer. I usually swith off between that one and 4 Fast Miles.

Shy Moment
05-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Today
Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 69 Min )

Shy Moment
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I like the 4 fast miles and the 4 big miles. I happen to like Leslie. She is perky and really motivates me. The workouts aren't perfect lol. She messes up and everyone isn't in step all the time. I think that is why I like the videos. They don't have the feeling of someone yelling CUT and doing it over again. Feels more like you could be right there working out with them. I don't use anything in the videos unless she is. I know one can hurt the body if we are walking fast and tossing weight around too. I had to back down from the longer videos to the 2 mile videos for awhile because of my knees. I slip in a longer one from time to time. Figure it is going to be a couple more weeks before I can go back to the longer videos. Was doing 8 to 10 miles a day now am doing 6 miles a day. I like her toning videos too. Some of the exercises we can pull out and do them alone to target certain parts of the body. My back needs the workout right now because it is bothering me again. A friend we have that is a trainer told me the rows Leslie does with the stretchy band are great to workout the back in a gentle way.

TODAY
You Can Do ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Pilate's ( 26 Min )

Rows with stretchy cord ( 14 Min ) ( 364 )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick ( 2 Mile ) 32 Min

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) 2 Mile High Calorie Burn ( 32 Min )

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone 40 Plus Workout 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

OnceUponADrive
05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I just did WATP for the first time last night. I rented it from Blockbuster and it was a 3 mile fat burn walk. I admit, I was very skeptical going into it that this would be a good workout. I workout regularly with some very high impact and high energy videos and I thought this would be too easy. But boy did it kick my butt! I'll definitely start using these videos regularly. I'm sore today, so I can feel it working!

Shy Moment
05-16-2008, 08:31 PM
onceupon
I have never said that Leslie Sanson's videos are the hardest in the world to do. I do believe they are great for the body. They get the body moving, they get the heart rate up and I have found them to be great for toning. I don't really think ( I could be wrong ) that we have to beat the body up or drive it to exhaustion to get the benefits of exercise. Glad you enjoy the workout. I do them from 1 mile to 5 mile. Just depends on how the knees are doing.

Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) 2 Mile High Calorie Burn ( 32 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Shy Moment
05-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Had to get up early today and get all these done because I have a busy day off and on and didn't know if I would get to them.

Today
Walk At Home Walk Slim ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Rows with stretchy cord ( 14 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Cheree
05-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Shy, what time DID you get up to get in all of those workouts???

I did Walk Slim-Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles yesterday. I plan to do it again today as soon as it cools off some (ack, this no air conditioning sucks!).

I just want to add that I really love her video's and while Steve doesn't keep up with the beat in the 4 Really Big Miles (I have to try not to look at him because his not keeping with the beat does distract me a bit), I'm glad that she doesn't have "picture perfect" workouts so that those at home who aren't quite able to keep up with it won't feel alone!!! I much prefer Leslie Sansone video's to those where the people look like models or Barbie dolls. :) Leslie Sansone uses REAL looking people and I just love the encouragement Leslie gives to us.

I also like the fact that she says "Make any of my workout's work for you." That's why she says use more weights or no weights if you want, do the grapevine or don't do the grapevine, etc. I think that is what makes her workouts REALLY work for me. On the days I feel stronger, I use more weights than called for, and on the days I don't feel as strong, I don't. It's the beauty of her workouts! I am able to make them work for me!

Michele L
05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, this month has been HORRIBLE for fitness! I just can't manage the time with all the activities the kids and I have going on. However, this morning I had the house to myself, so I did 4 Really BIG Miles! That doubles my mileage for the month--LOL. So much for aiming for 50 miles this month!

Shy Moment
05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Cheree
Think I got up about 6 am. I did a workout did some housework, did a workout put some laundry in the washer, did a workout so forth and so on lol.

Michele L
05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I got up early this morning and did the Abs High Calorie Burn (2 miles)! That's 2 days in a row, which is HUGE for me lately! My arms really felt it with those double bands on the ab belt, too!

CrazedLedZepFan
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
It's awesome you guys can squeeze so much exercise into a day. I have to workout while my daughter naps. (20-30 min)

Purchased Walk Away the Waistline today--can't wait to try it out! I definitely need help in that department. So...can anyone tell me if it really helps specifically with flattening a tummy? lol

Shy Moment
05-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Yesterday

Rows with stretchy cord ( 14 Min )

Didn't really put my all into any of this. I am just feeling quite the thing and started my dot.

loserjulie
05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Morning gang,
I did 3 Fast Miles this morning for the first time. I liked it, except for some real bad cueing, but I'll get used to it eventually.

CrazedLedZep, I have Walk away the Waistline and I didn't really think it did any more for my waistline than any other tape. The belt was nice added support but other than that, the workout was similiar to any one with the bands. Maybe someone else can add their opinion, because I haven't done it consistently enough to see a difference.

CrazedLedZepFan
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, I did the first mile of Walk Away the Waistline today--I have absolutely no coordination! I was a total mess by the end of mile 1, lol.

loserjulie
05-20-2008, 11:58 PM
I did 3 fast miles this morning and 4 fast miles tonight. That is the most miles I've ever done in one day and I feel absolutely invigorated! Can't wait til tomorrow to do it all over again. Holy endorphins batman.

Shy Moment
05-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Have any of you tried Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster. I swear by the thing. I do it for 40 min ( that is 4 times ) Usually a couple of times a week. I have lost 2 inches in a month in my waist. I think the thing is wonderful. I like the walk way the waistline walking/aerobic video. Not sure how much it does for the waistline but I think the video is a nice workout.

Today
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Super Fat Burning ( 48 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge ( 58 Min )

Shy Moment
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Today
1. Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick ( 2 Mile ) 32 Min
2. Walk The Walk ( 2 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )
3. Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk ( Miracle Mile Walk ) ( 33 Min )
4. Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

loserjulie
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
I did Walk Strong this morning and I'm going to do 4 Really Big Miles tonight. We are moving soon and I swear my dvd's will be the last thing put in a box. We are moving to a house will all wood floors. I wonder if that will make a difference in the workouts, at least noise-wise. I've only done them on carpet before. I guess we'll see...

Shy Moment
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Today
6 miles at the state park 90 min

Julie
You might want to do your walking on an exercise mat. I have found there is a huge difference in the cushioning of a carpet and wood floors or slabs. It really makes a difference on the joints.

Jennifer 3FC
05-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Julie, I can tell a difference with my hardwood floors. We used to have an area rug in that room, and my son called it Walking Away The Carpet because there were always fuzz balls left behind. :lol: But we took the rug up and I noticed it was much louder. But I think that might have to do with the amount of insulation and the way the floor is joisted in the living room. Old house.

Impressive weight loss, btw! Have you been doing WATP the whole journey?