Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5"5"

Unhappy Help!!

I have been eating nothing but 1 cup oatmeal a day, fruit, and 100 cal. yougurt, 1 bowl of Kashi in the morning plus, fat smash lentil soup for dinner, for the last week and a half and I haven't lost ANYTHING. Whats going on???? I'm so frustrated!
treepro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #2  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Sounds like you might not be eating enough and your body is in a little bit of shock. You should not be eating below 1200 a day, and you should not be eating the exact same thing every day - switch it up, add some more protein into your day, and please, eat a little bit more - the amount you are eating doesn't sound like much.

And also you just have to be patient - sometimes it takes a little while for the body to start losing. Just be patient and eventually it will start coming off.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

Without knowing how much you currently weigh and need to lose. That doesn't seem like much food to me. I would be frustrated too! Can you fill in some more details?
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey treepro4,

I think that there aren't enough calories or nutrition in what you are eating, if that's all you've been eating. You might want to look around for a more reasonable way to do it--one that doesn't starve you. If you starve, your body holds on to what it's got even harder.

Tell us what you weigh now and how tall you are--maybe we can make some suggestions.

Look around at different plans--go to the 3FC main page and read some reviews--check out some of the program forums. You'll find lots of information about healthy ways to lose weight.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

That doesn't sound like a very nutritious way to lose weight.

Doesn't look like enough calories, or variety. Where are your vegetables?

Are you exercising? How long have you been doing this?

We're going to need a little more information before we can give bigger suggestions.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5"5"

I'm 5'5" tall at 200 & I need to lose at least 50 lbs. Any food suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
treepro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm a little shorter, but I weighed close to what you do when I started. My program was calorie counting. 3FC has a Calorie Counters forum here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172

You might get some ideas from the Sticky Posts for Frequently Asked Questions in that forum.

Also, as you can see, there are lots of other forums for many different food plans.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 05-01-2008 at 09:44 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #8  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

How much fruit are you eating? Even though we think of fruit as being good for you, it is fairly high in calories. I suggest you journal and calorie count everything that you are eating. Also, are you measuring your portion sizes? Most people suffer from "portion distortion".

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189.5/125

Height: 5' 7"

Remember, it's not about the number on the scale.

If you're really treating your body better, you should be feeling the benefits inside and out, no matter how much a machine tells you you weigh.

And do eat a little more. If you don't, you'll never be able to stick to your plan! and that's what really matters.
KD4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #10  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Tree, when you starve your body itgoes into shock and when it gets the slightest bit of food it thinks 'CRAP! Some food, better make good use of that since I'm not getting enough' and so it turns that food into fat and stores it away. So you might not be putting weight on, but that's probably why you're not budging!

Try adding more fibre and veg into your diet. I think it's something 15 almonds a day help you to lose weight? You don't need to eat excessively, but you can eat healthier foods and lose weight.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

You're starving yourself. It's not surprising you're not losing - your body is probably freaking out and going "oh my god, hold on to everything" ...

You have to eat to lose weight.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #12  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

AGREED!!! are you a vegitarian?? you arent eating anywhere near enough!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok, so suggestions for something to eat - lots more protein and veggies, to start. At your weight, you could probably start at around 1500 calories and see where that gets you. If you really want to lose weight, however, you're going to HAVE to add some kind of exercise to the routine as well. Eating less will only get you so far and then your body will adapt to the fewer calories and your weight loss will stall again.

Here's what I ate today as far as food goes:
Breakfast: coffee w/ cream (my one splurge), oatmeal w/ fruit and nuts
Snack: celery and carrots dipped in hummus
Lunch: turkey breast, baby spinach, spicy mustard, and a slice of cheese stuffed into a whole wheat pita.
Snack: an apple and about an ounce of Dubliner cheese
Dinner: grilled small lean steak, cole slaw made with cabbage/carrots/onions/celery/dried cranberries/light asian sesame dressing, steamed broccoli, baked brown rice, watermelon
Dessert: skinny cow icecream sandwich

All comes to a little over 1600 calories.

Today I went to the gym and did 21 mins worth of high intensity intervals on the elliptical machine and 20 mins worth of weightlifting.

Hope that helps.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote