Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #2

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #2

meowee
05-01-2008, 05:40 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug: . . .

Well it's a brand new day and it's the first of May . . . so, since our old thread is getting pretty long, . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the next few months.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi Gang . . . :wave:

Hope everybody finds their way over here with no problems. Another rainy day for us in AtlanticCa I'm afraid. :( If those May Flowers decide to pop up they will be getting very wet.

Other than that, it is Thursday already and I've got a million different (well at least 5, anyway ;)) places to go and things to do. So guess I'd best get my rear in gear.

Later . . . :carrot:

JuliaDH
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Looks like we will be having a cool sunny day! Going to take the kids to a local garden to do some fresh pics of them with the daffodils and tulips! I am gad that it is finally Thursday as I have had just about enough of this week and could use a slow day on Sat.

Daffy29
05-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Good Mornin', all :wave:

I was on the run early yesterday. I had a FU appt at the local hospital Weight Management Clinic at 8:30 AM...I had to be fasting, and am usually up at 6-ish, so I was dreading the 'I can't even have my coffee' blues. Well, I must be loaded up on good karma this week, because I slept until 7:30! I woke up, looked at the clock and had exactly enough time to get there on time, with no time to even think about caffeine or food.

I participated in a research study in 01/02. They like to track us over time, regardless of whether we kept the weight off. They're really a great place for support and help. Anyway, their research has shown that there are some 600 genes that code for overweight :rolleyes: He also told me that given my starting weight in 01 and weight gain due to the slowing metabolism as we age, they would expect me to weigh 250, best case scenario. That is exactly what I weighed when I started managing my eating in February!

My blood pressure was 139/97. I am on meds, but it has always been my top number that was high, never my bottom number. So now, I really have to pay attention to my sodium and get disciplined on my exercise, and I'm trying slow breathing sessions as well, and I'll see how that goes over the next few weeks. I'm gonna miss those quickie greek salads I make :(

Woke up to cold and fog this AM (before 5...glad that didn't happen yesterday!) Our furnace actually ran a couple times last night, and again this morning, and we set it to 19, not 20, so it must have been pretty cool.

Our tulips are beginning to bloom, which doesn't bode well for the Tulip Festival here in the Nation's Capital, as it happens towards the end of May...can't attract many tourists when the blooms are all gone.

Anyway, have a great day! :wave:

Halichick
05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Mornin' Ladies!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday... my brand new laptop decided to die yesterday. I'm stuck using the ancient (Sloowwww) desktop for now. :(

I appreciate all the kind words given the other night. I guess I was expecting quicker results. Oh well, I was always a rusher, everything has to be done quickly or I get discouraged. LOL

Daffy: 600 gene codes for obesity? Holy moley!! That's a scary thought! I'm glad that your blood pressure has been good, sodium is one of my weaknesses as well.

Meowee: Rainy and chilly here in Halifax today as well. I'm hoping for a sunny weekend, I need to get out for a walk. You're in Pictou County right??

Everyone else: Hellooooo!! Hope you're all having a great day! :df:

I'm off for now, gotta go check out the TBL thread for my team and see what's new. I'll check back later.

mountain mama
05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Daffy: I have high blood pressure too. I gave me horribe headaches and whatnot. Once i figured out WHAT was giving me the headaches and i started working out everyday and cutting out lots of salt, I am feeling so much better. And being a sodium junkie.. Im surprised that I don't even think of putting salt on anything anymore... and getting low sodium foods isn't sooo bad. I just go CRAZY with all the othr herbs and no sodium spices i can find!! good luck on lowering the sodium! We are here for you :)

retiredone
05-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, after fumbling around and tripping up here and there I found this thread. Good afternoon everyone. When I went for my jog this morning the sky was overcast and a chilly wind was blowing. Now after dinner (lunch) it is gloriously sunny and blue skies abound. Ah, May, I love it.

600 gene codes for overweight!!! I've got most of them. :D Time to put a search and destroy team together.

mountain mama
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I just set up a daily plate page.. like the fitday thingy, but it has more foods and stuff. ANYWAY.. figured out that I have NOT been eating enough calories for I don't know how long. I've never counted calories before i just started adding that into my gi diet plan.
I feel REALLY weird uping what i'm eating.. because I eat like 5 times a day and i'm never hungry.
I dont want to stiffle my loss by not eating enough cals.. but I don't want to gorge when I don't feel I need it!
The counter thingy says to lose 2 pounds a week eat 2500ish cals! I have been eating 1300ish.

Counting calories makes me confused.

Although.. one plus. I upped my cals to 1500 at Dinner time and I had so much more energy in the evenings..

I guess stick with what feels right to me? ( ijust dont wanna hinder my weight loss)

I think im rambling.. WHOOPS lol

meowee
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi again . . . OMG, just about drowned getting from car to building and back again a few times today. It is awful out there, not only wet and windy, but also only about 2 to 3 degrees. Just heard that many parts of the Province have been turning white . . . so far that is not happening in Pictou County. :crossed:

mountain mama
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi again . . . OMG, just about drowned getting from car to building and back again a few times today. It is awful out there, not only wet and windy, but also only about 2 to 3 degrees. Just heard that many parts of the Province have been turning white . . . so far that is not happening in Pictou County. :crossed:

I am visiting a friend in Pictou this summer for the lobster carnival! :)

meowee
05-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh wow . . . how long will you be here . . . maybe you can at least come and have a coffee with me. . . . :yes: At least if you don't mind hanging out with a grandmother and her five cats. :lol:

mountain mama
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Haha.. well I would love to! I will let you know the details when I know them myself! Lol

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-01-2008, 10:15 PM
:wave: HELLO EVERYONE ~ boy, it's so nice to see so many new people joining this Canadian thread. We have had lovely sunshine; the temps are cool, but it's still great. We spent the morning putting up a new clothesline. Was away on Tuesday and Thursday was shopping day, so we've been busy.

Anyways, our (lemon) car has been acting up again, and Dh spent the day trying to figure it all out; but I bought a newer one last Saturday as I was fed-up with all the grief it was giving us. All I could see was the $$$ that were gonna disappear very soon. Our newer one is in great condition and should be arriving here on Friday or on the weekend sometime, at the latest ~ can't wait til it gets here.

We had a good day; had fish for dinner with lots of veggies and salad. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great evening :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Are you playing hide and go seek Meow?? LOL I found you :-)

Gained 0.2 pounds today boooohooo maybe I should of taken my watch off LOL

Rainy week-end ahead...scrapbooking time yeah!!! Have a great Friday Ladies xo
Start date : April 24th 08
Start weight : 253
Current weight : 251

@---)-)---Tammy @---(-(---

meowee
05-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

It's still raining and predicted to hit a high of 3 today . . . I wish this would stop. :yes:

Daffy29
05-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Morning, all! :wave:

I was looking at pix & video of Frederiction and area yesterday...it must be awful to have to deal with such conditions. Hope it stops raining before that happens down your way, Meowee!

Retired, are you anywhere near that 'berg parked in Qidi Vidi harbour? When we visited, it was late summer, so we didn't get to see any.

Today is one of my 'in-office' days, so I'm just going to wish everyone a great day, and get going. :wave:

Halichick
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Good Morning!

Weigh-in day again for me... wonder how much I've lost (or gained) over the last 4 days. Not looking forward to it, that's for sure.

I have a few friends in NB who are up to their eyeballs in water... not a pleasant thing to go through. I hope it dries up there soon.

When's the lobster festival in Pictou? I'm only an hour and a half away, maybe me, the hubby, and son will take a jaunt there. I'm all for meeting new people. (and yes, even grandmas with 5 cats LOL) I have 2 cats, a seal point Siamese named Eekem and a tortoiseshell with 27 toes named Portia. I love my furbabies!

Anyway, hope you're all having a great day, take care. :hug:

mountain mama
05-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Good Morning!

Weigh-in day again for me... wonder how much I've lost (or gained) over the last 4 days. Not looking forward to it, that's for sure.

I have a few friends in NB who are up to their eyeballs in water... not a pleasant thing to go through. I hope it dries up there soon.

When's the lobster festival in Pictou? I'm only an hour and a half away, maybe me, the hubby, and son will take a jaunt there. I'm all for meeting new people. (and yes, even grandmas with 5 cats LOL) I have 2 cats, a seal point Siamese named Eekem and a tortoiseshell with 27 toes named Portia. I love my furbabies!

Anyway, hope you're all having a great day, take care. :hug:

I definitly sense some sort of meeting happening! Im heading to canada in two weeks for a few months.. and i will be in halifax lots too. between pictou and halifax I think a meeting is called for with the three of us lovely ladies!!

In other news! I hit the 280 mark! that means im exactly 100 pounds away from my ultimate goal! and I Thiiiiink I won my first 5lb challenege on 3fatchicks! :)

How are all of your mornings going??

meowee
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM

I definitly sense some sort of meeting happening! Im heading to canada in two weeks for a few months.. and i will be in halifax lots too. between pictou and halifax I think a meeting is called for with the three of us lovely ladies!!

Abso-tively, Posi-lutely . . . and here's a little information for you . . . http://www.pictoulobstercarnival.ca/index.htm . . . about Lobster Carnival -- present and past.

PS:
But I'd be up for a little jaunt to Halifax too . . . if that suits you two better.

BTW . . . good luck for your weigh-in HALI . . . :crossed: . . . and :high: on your loss FAUX.

retiredone
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone. The weather here is sunny and cold. Daffy, I'm 400K west of Quidi Vidi. My sister lives in St. John's and they have lots of bergs just outside the harbour. We've been watching them on the news and I've commented on how foggy St. John's is when we've been having sunny weather most days. Our bergs are farther down the bay from where we live. Our harbour is quite inland and the bergs don't come in here at all. We have to travel about 50-60K to see them and of course we don't because they are no big deal here. But that one that was on the news at Quidi Vidi has broken up since it was on tv and someone caught it on video. That was something to see as it cracked and churned up the water.

I must add my concerns for the people of NB near Fredericton and the route of the St. John River. I've never experienced a flood in my own home and it must be awful. I saw a house floating down river today as I watched the news. We've had some awful flooding here in NL in the past but not in the area where I live. Actually, I live at the top of a hill and if our house flooded it would be a major catastrophe for our town as most of it would be completely covered by water!

Good work there Fauxtini on your 5 pound challenge and hitting that 280 mark!

Halichick
05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
:carrot: Yay Fauxtini!!! That's awesome chickie!!! Keep up the good work!! :carrot:

mountain mama
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the support guys!!

I saw some pictures about the flood today too. CRAZY! I don't know many details.. I just hope people are ok and some stuff is salvagable :(

meowee
05-03-2008, 07:03 AM
OMG -- we have sun -- what a treat. Hope some of it is reaching NB too; they certainly don't need any more wetness around St.John. :no:

Well, better get myself moving and shaking :carrot: See you later. . . :wave:

Halichick
05-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Mornin' Ladies!

The sun is finally shining!! Hopefully today I can get in the rest of my exercise for the TBL exercise challenge today.

I went for my weigh in last night... up a pound again... I had a meeting with my counsellor and we brainstormed for a while. She asked me if I was sure I was 5'7" b/c I seemed taller than that. Lo and behold, I'm almost 5'9" LOL I always thought it was kind of weird that when I was wearing my shoes, I was pretty much eye to eye with my 6'1" hubby. Anyway, so we realized that I was on the wrong plan for my height/body and that was why I suddenly started gaining again, too much food. I did manage to lose 6.5" in 4 weeks though, which is very impressive considering I rarely exercise. :o

Anyway, I'm rambling on... gotta go get ready to head out and enjoy the day. Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend so far!

Take Care :hug:

mountain mama
05-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I weighed myself today after a 'tricks and hints in dealing with our scale' seminar with my DF and i'm up to 281.5 today!! that's a pound and half difference from yesterday!!! I'm going to blame it on TOM and go on to DF for 20 more minutes about how it ' just can't be'! lol

meowee
05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe there's somethiong I don't understand HALI but if you turned out to be taller than they first thought, wouldn't that mean that you could actually have more food now.:dizzy:

Don't worry FAUX, the course of true loss never runs smooth either.

You want to see 'bouncy-bouncy' . . . here's what I call my "blip" chart for March and April. The only good thing is that April is lower than March (in most places). Though I posted this before, but can't find it now. :shrug:

wkgirl
05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi!
Just found this thread and thought I would join in!
Im in Fort Nelson, BC....actually kinda warm here today!
I'm on a mission to lose all of this baby weight, and then some! I have 2 ds....one is 4 and the othe 4 months....
Looking forward to getting to know you gals!
have a good weekend!:broc:
Karla

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey faux....good job on the 180 mark.....forget about this morning's weight...your scale lies!! LOL

Meow, just saw your chart, maybe you can help!!! I tried making one for myself last night with Excel and almost lost my temper. I want a 2 line diagram, one being my projected 2 pound a week loss and the other being my actual loss. Did great with the projected (one straight line from top left to bottom right) but the actual loss I can't seem to get right. Argggg

Anyone better at Excel then I am ?? (added a pfd file as attachment)

Cloudy and cold here in Quebec. Went out for breakfast this morning and did very well. 2 pouched egges, slices of fruit, 1 coffee and multi-grain toast :-)

My furbabies went for grooming and now I am ready (i think) for housework....

Have a great Saturday xo

Start Date: April 24th 08
Start: 253
Actual: 249.4

@-)-)---Tammy---(-(-@

retiredone
05-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi wkgirl. You fit the criteria-Canadian, eh! Yes, get that baby fat off now. I'm working on that also. My two babies are 28 and 23. :D

Beautiful sunny day here in Central NL. Skies are blue and the wind is a bit warmer than yesterday. Youngest son and his GF are gone for a walk and DH is asleep on the couch. Mom is taking a walk around the house (she calls it her exercise-she'll be 92 years old in two weeks). I'm inside wishing I was out. And to top it all off, I ate more macaroni and cheese than I should have. But it was good. DH is awake now and going for a bike ride. Just mom and me-hardly a chick online either. Have a good day, everyone.

meowee
05-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay TAMMY . . . looks like I've got the other half of what you want . . . so I'll see if I can add a straight diagonal line to mine and get back to you if I succeed.

Hi ISABELLA . . . it often turns quiet on the weekends. :shrug:

SeaWave
05-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey folks, back on after about a week (I think) off...

I have family in NW NB, and am happy they aren't in the flooded St. John river valley. I can't imagine what that must be like, and :hug: to anyone out there who is going through it (I imagine they wouldn't be on-line now anyway...)

Faux - :bravo: on reaching 180 and the 5lb challenge.

Hali - Remember, just go by your lowest score, and don't let the minor blips up distract you from your goal -- we all get those! But I sure would like to know how to gain upwards and not outwards :lol:

Wkgirl :welcome: - you couldn't find a better group of Crazy Canucks!

For my bit of news, as some of you know I went for a body scan last week. It was difficult to get a good reading, and other problems have cropped up so I'm now starting the rounds of doctors again as there's a suspicion the cancer may be back. A little discouraging to tackle the weight loss issue at the same time, but I know I would feel better with less weight to carry around so I'm going to persevere. Just won't have as strict a beginning as the SBD has, but will follow their principles insofar as I can. I can not tell you how supportive and inspiring it is to read your posts, and am so happy to have found 3FC, especially the Crazy Canucks thread! So this is my last "whiny" post - on to better things!

We're in the middle of a decluttering at home (the timing allows me to call it "Spring Cleaning", right? ;) ) My husband is right along with me on this, which makes it so much easier. I hear him tearing and throwing away as I type. It makes up for the so-so weather!

Hope everyone has a good week-end, and for those who are a little more damp, that the weather dries out soon!

meowee
05-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi SEA . . . glad you are back and I really hope everything is going to be fine for you, healthwise . . . :hug:

Ok TAMMY . . . I think this is wht you need to do

On your data file . . . you need three colums -- A is just the week number; B is the projected number; C is the actual number. When the Chart wizard asks where the data is, tell it both B and C. B becomes Series 1 and C becomes Series 2

And since that is clear as very muddy water I'm sure -- here are both my sample data file and my sample chart. :lol: Hope that works for you. :yes:

meowee
05-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Morning . . . :grouphug:

Okay gang -- up and at 'em -- we are burning daylight around here. :lol: Actually it looks like it will be another mild and :sunny: day in Northern Nova Scotia. gotta :love: it.

See you later . . . :wave:

mountain mama
05-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Mornin guys! My DF and I SLEPT IN! wow... off to jump on the scale!

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Good afternoon all...trying a new recipe I found today....Chicken a l'orange.....I'll let you know how it turned out.

Have a great Sunday xo

Tammy

retiredone
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Great day here today. Sunny and warming up. My son went to a bbq with his GF this afternoon and said it was really nice out by then. I was out earlier in the morning for my jog and had to take off the cotton jacket I had on because I was so overheated.

SeaWave I hope all goes well for you. Concentrate on eating healthy and building up your immune system first and then on losing weight. It all goes hand in hand.

Tammy I love trying out new recipes. I'm vegetarian so I don't use chicken but I often use chicken recipes and substitute a veggie protein for the chicken.

A little more activity here today. Well, almost time to go to bed. Good night all....

meowee
05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Both Linda and the sun slept in this morning. :lol: I'm up now and hopefully he will be along shortly, too.

Many, many things to do today -- I'm off for a quick trip to visit a couple of friends in Ottawa tomorrow. Hope to be able to check in from time to time, but if I'm not around for a few days, I hope you'll understand.

See you later, gang . . . :grouphug:

Daffy29
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning, everyone! :wave:

:welcome: wkgrl and great2beme!

Hi wkgirl. You fit the criteria-Canadian, eh! Yes, get that baby fat off now. I'm working on that also. My two babies are 28 and 23.

Retired, I'm glad I didn't have any coffee in my mouth when I read, that, 'cause it would've come flyin' out my nose! Thanks for the laugh!

Seawave, keeping you in my thoughts...congrats on the decluttering...DS and I are both packrats...it can get pretty scary 'round here.

Hey Meowee, we might not be 'Down-easters', but we would have tried to meet for coffee if we'd known you were planning to head up our way.

We had guests this weekend, including our 6 yr-old great-nephew...no sleeping in was done here, that's for sure. We love having him, and my daughter says he's the closest we're going to get to grand-kids, so we really get the most out of his visits.

Have a great day, everyone! :wave:

mountain mama
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey guys :) I'm headed back to Canada from Kansas in 2 weeks! Flying in to ottawa to visit from friends and then driving back to Nova Scotia! It should be fun! I have never been to Ottawa before. I'm sure I will be taking lots of corny tourist photos! ( I'm all about corny tourists photos) hehe

Wish my DF could come though. He's being deployed at the end of the year and has training for a month starting mid may :( I will miss him.

meowee
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Next trip, DAFFY, for sure . . . it's only 3.5 days and my friend has every minute accounted for. :yes:

JuliaDH
05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Good morning gals!

Its monday and I am ready to rock despite the lack of sleep. I decided late last night to tackle my paper issues! Lack of organization makes my paper addiction a struggle! Can never find the important stuff since there is no room to to volume of use to be important stuff! So that is the task along with the "new improved lifestyle" challenge is my job this week! Loving the sun and kids have ball team pictures to take tonight. So I will get my exercise in running around this evening!

Halichick
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was busy, lots of running around but managed to stay OP which was good. I got an early birthday present on Saturday... a new elliptical trainer!! I can finally start to actually work out now. I'm super excited!

Fauxtini: Yay for coming back to Canada to visit! If you end up in Halifax we should get together for a coffee/chat :) I love meeting new people.

Meowee: Have a great trip! Ottawa is a very nice city, I've been there many times.

Anyway, off to start my workout for the day and then finish cleaning the pigsty.. I mean house. LOL I'll check back later to see what's new.

Halichick
05-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm back!!

Just checking to see if my ticker works. I still can't have a siggy so I wanted to try posting my ticker in my actual message:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083/cartooncat01/lb/253/153/250/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

retiredone
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Hello, my fellow Canadians. What a glorious, sunny, warm day it was here today. Everyone was going around in t-shirts, and even a few pair of shorts were to be seen. The only cold place was the grocery store where I was glad I grabbed a jacket before I went shopping. Time to dust off the bbq, as it promises to be another nice day tomorrow.

Daffy, sending you a big box of tissues to have close by. :D

Have a great vacation to all the travelers and try to stay OP. :rofl: No, really, I mean that, stay on plan. (Or at least try to.)

meowee
05-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi CRAZIES . . . :grouphug:

Kind of overcast this morning . . . but for a change I'm okay with that. I prefer dull for the 90 minute drive to the airport and by the time I'm en-route to Ontariariario, I'll be above the clouds anyways.

Hopefully I'll find a computer while I'm there . . . if not, I'll be back on the weekend. :wave:

JuliaDH
05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Good morning! So far its sunny with some clouds. Hoping it will warm up as my DS in gr 1 has a field trip today. Should be fun!

Daffy29
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi ladies,

Allergy headache/migraine today...feel like something the dog wouldn't even bother to drag in...I'll be back when I feel better.

retiredone
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
The sun is finally coming out now that I've finished my jog outside. It was cool/cold when I was out but I worked up quite a sweat and had to take off my jacket. Can't believe less than 2 months ago we were surrounded by mountains of snow. It's chilly in the house though and I have to light a fire to warm up the air a bit before I give mom her bath. We're all out of oil till next winter so I'll put some wood in the fire box and stoke up the furnace. Catch you all later.

ETA: Sorry you're not feeling well, Daffy. Take care.

Halichick
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Ugh... aren't allergies the worst?? I suffer from them off and on, worst thing is I can't take anything for them... antidepressants and decongestants don't mix well. Hope you feel better soon Daffy.

Well, it's time for my twice weekly weigh-in today. I have been on the new menu plan since Saturday and so far so good. I did jump on the scale this afternoon and saw 244 lbs! I'm not going to go by that though, I'll wait until I get to the centre and get weighed there. Still, it looks like I've lost a few lbs over the last few days. :) I'll let you know how everything goes when I get home.

mountain mama
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Ugh... aren't allergies the worst?? I suffer from them off and on, worst thing is I can't take anything for them... antidepressants and decongestants don't mix well. Hope you feel better soon Daffy.

Well, it's time for my twice weekly weigh-in today. I have been on the new menu plan since Saturday and so far so good. I did jump on the scale this afternoon and saw 244 lbs! I'm not going to go by that though, I'll wait until I get to the centre and get weighed there. Still, it looks like I've lost a few lbs over the last few days. :) I'll let you know how everything goes when I get home.

Good to hear, halichick! Can't wait to hear what the grand total is!!

I havn't had time to really focus liek usual on my plan.. been dealing with my df's news of getting deployed and trying to set up to move BACK to canada for a while. Halichick.. I will let you know when i'm in the city. We could go for a walk at the commons! Or the park at spring garden! :) lol

wkgirl
05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
hey all,
thought id say hi while i have some time!
had a good weekend, and am down a few lbs! woohoo!
Had our 7 year anniversary yesterday....Ill just quote what I put on my "red team thread"...
ok, so i had an adventure last night for our 7 year anniversary.....(we seem to have a lot of adventures..lol) We went for a pina colada, game of pool, and shared a meal (fun!) then we went out to our property (we are staying in town at a friends, since our road is very wet and mushy...) and made it through some mudholes only a quad would get through...then we were all relaxed, and DH wasnt paying attention to the road, drove into a soft spot( a tiny one compared to what we made it through already!), and bam we were stuck up to the doors!! Needless to say, I got some extra exercise diggin in the clay, and walking back out to the main road.(2km)..with my shoes falling off, so I hung my socks in a willow bush for us to remember our 7 year ann. when we drive by! lol (we abandoned our truck....good thing i have another back up beater! lol)
Im hoping our road will be dry in a week or tow, so i can be home!! and start my garden!!
......And the funny part is that when we first bought our 'farm' we went out there for our anniversary and were going to camp..( before we lived out there) and it was all sweet and romantic, then I got my TOM and wasnt going to sleep in the tent (bears- yikes!) so we drove out and guess what....got stuck!! :dizzy:Ha. So we are experienced this time around, just left the truck there for our neighbor to pull out with his tractor!!
Hope you all have a great day....
Its a little rainy here, but hoping the sun will come out so I can walk the dogs!
Later,
Karla:D

Halichick
05-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm back!! (and 3 lbs lighter!!) :carrot:
I went for my weigh in and I'm down to 247 from 250 on Friday evening! I guess the new menu plan is working! I'm stoked!!!!

Fauxtini.... what's your real name, if you don't mind sharing it. Mine's Danielle. I'd love to get together and go for a walk in the public gardens and a stroll down spring garden road (always a good place to people watch lol) Just drop me a line on here and we'll make a date. :)

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you're having a fantastic day!

Halichick
05-06-2008, 04:54 PM
LMAO Wkgirl!! I laughed so hard I cried at the thought of your socks hanging on the tree. Glad you had a good day, sounds like it was quite the adventure. :)

wkgirl
05-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Yup, it was an adventure......we always seem to have krazy stuff happen to us! At least we can usually laugh at it (a little later)
Where did you get your Avatar thingy, Danielle?

Halichick
05-06-2008, 06:12 PM
www.mvm.com

It's called My Virtual Model, although pretty much nothing on the site fits a plus sized woman LOL

I just did a comparison between now and my goal, then pasted it into my paint program and cropped it.

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Great job Danielle !!! Was up 0.4 from the week-end but am down 1.4 from yesterday !!!! Yippie!!!! Was so happy :-)

Daffy, take care of yourself k?

Good night Ladies xo
Tammy

retiredone
05-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Sounds like lots of exciting things are happening. People losing weight and getting stuck in the mud. Wkgirl, my DH and I got stuck in the mud quite regularly when we were dating, so I can identify with your adventures. It's been over 30 years and we still get a laugh remembering.

We've got a lovely sunny day here in central NL but definitely not warm yet. Probably will get warmer by the afternoon. I'm making a new butternut squash recipe with caramelized onions and apples. So that's my excitement for the day. Have a good day everyone.

Daffy29
05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
:wave: Hey, everyone! Don't I look better today? :rofl: Thanks for the kind thoughts, all.

Yesterday's headache finally waned late afternoon, and was completely gone when I awoke this morning, feeling bright eyed and bushy-tailed....at 2 AM! Boy, was I ready to rock 'n roll then. :rolleyes: Took until 4:30 to fall back to sleep...

Anyway, I stopped off and checked my BP this morning since I've been really watching my salt this past week, and doing my deep breathing exercises and all...it's higher than it was last week, so I made an appointment to see my doc tomorrow.

WTG on the loss, Halichick! It had to come off sooner or later. ETA: I checked on your 'anti-depressants and decongestants don't mix' comment, 'cause I'd never heard that before. True only for certain types of antidepressants, MAO inhibitors. In fact, if one is on an MAO inhibitor, there are a number of foods that have to be avoided, too, including pickles, cheese, wine...Thankfully, I'm on an SSR inhibitor, so no contraindication there...phew

WKgrl, I laughed at your 'adventure'...we've had a few similar ones ourselves up at our rural cottage/future retirement property. Laughing is really the only way to handle such mishaps, but it does make the digging more difficult. :) You'll never forget anniversary #7, that's for sure. I do hope you get to go home soon...

On the genealogy front, I have made a lot of headway, even on my maternal grandmother's lineage whose family came from Poland. In fact, I connected with one of my mother's cousins, and hope to connect with a second cousin, too. What I've learned has helped me understand my own family.

On the weight front, no loss, no gain this week. This, too, shall pass.

SeaWave, wherever you are, we're rootin' for you...

Halichick
05-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Daffy... I take Celexa... is that the same type of drug you take? I used to be on EffexorXR and I took Nyquil once... I was high as a kite for hours. Thought it had something to do with the meds.

hommer
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone. Fell off the wagon and now back on. Started ww yesterday and hopefully with support I can do it. Was trying to diet on my own but was struggling so now with having to be accountable to that scale every week(someone else weighing me) I hope I can do it. starting the gym tonight. Going with the hubby, he is training for a marathon which he runs the 24 of this month.There is no excuses for not going to the gym!!!!

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Love your avatar hommer !!!!!! Have fun at the Gym and Daffy....I'm so glad you are feeling better xo

Good night all.....-3.4 pounds in total this week for me....Yaye!!!!

Tammy xo

missjenny
05-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

I'm new here and Canadian!!! It took me a few days to find this thread and I'm super excited to discuss with you guys and get to know you all better! I find it really hard to identify with some of the wonderful ladies from the U.S since it's VERY different here. Primarily, I CANNOT FIND ANY WW FOOD :(

So, Obviously I'm on WW. I started the plan on April 29th, 2008 and so far have lost 3 lbs! I'm super excited and really loving WW

Anyone else on WW??? Anyone else from Montreal? :D

Have a GREAT DAY!

Halichick
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Welcome Jenny!!!

I'm Danielle, from Halifax. I'm currently doing LA Weightloss to lose 100 lbs. I've heard many great things about WW, but like you haven't seen much WW food around. I have seen breads and snacks in the grocery store here but nothing else. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Hello to everyone else, hope you're having a wonderful day. I'll check back later when my son decides to stop being so demanding LOL

missjenny
05-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome Jenny!!!

I'm Danielle, from Halifax. I'm currently doing LA Weightloss to lose 100 lbs. I've heard many great things about WW, but like you haven't seen much WW food around. I have seen breads and snacks in the grocery store here but nothing else. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Hello to everyone else, hope you're having a wonderful day. I'll check back later when my son decides to stop being so demanding LOL

Thanks Halichick!

I haven't seen ANY snacks. The best i've found so far is bread & tortillas! Mind you, it's probably better this way since long-term it isn't realistic to think I can continue eating WW food ALL the time.

But.. it would be nice to have a WW popsicle sometimes ya know?

:dizzy:

retiredone
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Missjenny, Welcome to "our" place. I'm in NL and doing my own thing-no diets or plans just trying to eat healthy with portion control and exercise. I see we're about the same height. I rounded my inches to 2 but I'm really not quite there. There are others here from Quebec, just browse through the posts and you'll see.

There are certainly no WW foods in my town but there may be in larger centres. All the best as you shrink to your goal.

It's overcast here today and I'm waiting to go out for my jog/walk but no one is up or home to watch mom. DH had to go out of town for the morning and won't be home until dinner (lunch) and DS is still in bed. He's a real night owl but that works out good for me because he helps mom in the middle of the night so I don't begrudge him his sleep. Must go make the bed (today's stab at housework:lol:) and get something started for dinner.

Ruby Red
05-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Well....I'm new..obviously lol I'm 26 and finally starting to see the results I've been after my entire life! I've always been a "plus size girl" until recently! My highest weight was 247, and I'm currently at 175, with the hopes of reaching 130ish

I've been working out 4 times a week, and have cut out junk COMPLETLY from my diet...and let me tell you how HARD its been not to go running back to oreo cookies lately! I'm also working through a bit of a tough split from the guy that I thought was "the one" haha but he always wanted to eat crap food, so I'm probably WAY better off this way

I'll be 27 this July, and as a birthday present to myself I'd like to be able to say I've lost 100 pounds! I'm currently down 72ish so I'm working REALLY hard to meet that goal by the summer...I really want to look good for all my summer/beach/birthday pictures!

I just copied that from what I posted in the introduction thread...other than that, I'm living in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia! :)

meowee
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi JENNY . . . HI RUBY . . . :welcome: to our crazy little group.

Hi to everybody from :sunny: Delta Ontario . . . Had a great lunch in Ottawa yesterday and then wandered round the market for a while to burn off at least 20 of the 1000 or so calories that lunch contained. :lol: Every little bit helps.

See you soon.

Halichick
05-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome Ruby! You're right across the water from me, I'm in Halifax. Congrats on losing so much weight so far, keep up the good work. :)

Meowee: Glad you're having a great time in Ontario, sometimes I miss living there (I lived in Toronto for a while)

soon to be slim
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi gals...I'm also from canada:carrot: can i join? I'm for sure a crazy Canuk:dizzy:

Halichick
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome aboard the crazy canuck train soon!!

soon to be slim
05-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Welcome aboard the crazy canuck train soon!!
Thank You:D

soon to be slim
05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Opps,thats posts:13, unlucky number, me fix. See i told you i was crazy:devil:

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-08-2008, 06:26 PM
What fun to see new crazies here !!! Welcome !!!! I am Tammy, from Gatineau, Quebec. I am currently on Herbal Magic and so far so good! 5.4 pounds lost in my first 2 weeks.

Can't wait to get to know you a bit better. Talk to you soon xox

Tammy

soon to be slim
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi Tammy...I live in Chateauguay Quebec.Small world. Thanks for the Welcome

Ruby Red
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I've signed up for the 30 day fitness study at Curves...I've done curves before, and got a little bored of it, but I figured 30 days wouldn't be too bad. Well...I did my first cardio night thingy, and that was not boring! haha it was almost fun. I'm thinking taking taking an aerobics class sometime might not be so bad...if only I had the coordination lol Has anyone seen the epi of Friends..the one where Pheobe runs...yea, thats me....not picture that plus bouncing around on the spot haha

Kofarq
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Thank you, Isabella, for telling me about this link! I hope I can find it again! I live in Conception Bay South, and I am on WW, with a little exercise thrrown in for Badness! This site is really great!

soon to be slim
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Kofarq....There is nothing like a little Badness now and then:o Linda:D

JuliaDH
05-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I am so happy to see lots of new Canuks on our thread! This rocks!

Ruby Red
05-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Good morning!

Today as my weigh-in day and I'm down 2 pounds! That puts me at 4 away from being in the 160's! I never thought in a MILLION years I'd see that!! :)

soon to be slim
05-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Good morning!

Today as my weigh-in day and I'm down 2 pounds! That puts me at 4 away from being in the 160's! I never thought in a MILLION years I'd see that!! :)WTG Ruby Red:carrot: and good morning to all you crazy Canuks:D

JuliaDH
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Job well done on the loss Ruby Red!

Daffy29
05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
:wave: 'mornin everyone!

:welcome: to the new folks, RubyRed, Soon to be slim and Kofarq

WOW, this thread is really expanding in membership...ooops, wrong choice of words...er....growing, yeah, that's it, growing in membership. Someone has to tell the gov't that whatever they're doing to make us Canucks aware of the need to be healthier, it's working :yes: Pretty soon, we will qualify for our own 'real' sub-forum.

Meowee, it's too bad you didn't have a nice warm sunny day for meandering the market.

ETA: Hali, according to www.drugs.com/celexa.html, Celexa is also an SSRI. Apparently, very few antidepressants are the MAOI type. I know that I didn't have that 'high as a kite' reaction when I combined my decongestant and my Effexor. It is only a decongestant, tho', not a combination antihistamine/decongestant and it is the only such one on the market of which I'm aware (and it's hard to find). Things like Nyquil, Contac, etc. are all combinations of decongestants and antihistamines. Some antihistamines conk you out, others can really 'perk you up', so that may have been it.

Tammy, there are several folks from QC, and I'm just across the river ;) I was born in QC, I used to live in Pte-Claire, and our cottage/future retirement place is in QC, so I have always considered myself a Quebecer (<== why does that spelling not look right?)

We used to get WW stuff in the stores here, but I haven't looked for any for some time...I recall I used to eat their fudgsicles. They weren't bad.

Saw my doc for my BP...he has added a diuretic to my meds, and explained that regardless of what I'm doing for my health now, my BP will go up 'cause I'm getting older...I swear, my warranty ran out the second I hit 40.

Yesterday, I saw a 225.something number for the first time, and that was before I took the new diuretic meds. :broc: Since my Mother's Day goal is 225, looks like I may just squeak by there...I am staying off the scales 'til Sunday morning, tho'

retiredone
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Well....I'm new..obviously lol I'm 26 and finally starting to see the results I've been after my entire life! I've always been a "plus size girl" until recently! My highest weight was 247, and I'm currently at 175, with the hopes of reaching 130ish

Hi gals...I'm also from canada:carrot: can i join? I'm for sure a crazy Canuk:dizzy:

Hi Ruby Red and soon to be slim, glad you found us.

Thank you, Isabella, for telling me about this link! I hope I can find it again! I live in Conception Bay South, and I am on WW, with a little exercise thrrown in for Badness! This site is really great!

Hi Kofarq, my son lives in CBN. We're out that way a few times a year at least.

Yesterday, I saw a 225.something number for the first time, and that was before I took the new diuretic meds. :broc: Since my Mother's Day goal is 225, looks like I may just squeak by there...I am staying off the scales 'til Sunday morning, tho'

Great job on reaching your goal. Just take it easy on the food until Sunday morning. :D

It's chilly here today and still somewhat overcast. It looks like we might get rain but no drops yet. We haven't had rain in nearly 3 weeks and could use some (but not on the days I jog!). Tomorrow I weigh in and I hope I have at least a little result to "make my day." I haven't been off plan with either eating or exercising all week but that matters naught when the body decides to hang on to that extra insulation for another few days. Tomorrow I'm going to have an old-fashioned on plan Newfoundland cooked dinner (well as traditional as a vegetarian version can be), sit and relax and do not much at all. See you all tomorrow.

wkgirl
05-09-2008, 01:51 PM
hey everybody!
And welcome to the fellow newbies!! :wave:
Its gonna be warm here for the weekend....hoping to start building my greenhouse! (would be a great mothers day present if hubby would finish it!!;) )
Im down about 9 lbs ( i think..having some scale discrepancies) since i began my 'life changes" (drinking lots of H2O, exercising daily, eating fruits & veggies) and im so excited! Its looking like my goal is actually attainable!- as long as another baby doesnt come along this summer!! lol
Rubyred- Great job! :bravo:
Daffy- good job om your goal! :cheer:
Isabella- yup...getting stuck in the mud together is pretty funny...usually AFTER the fact....:rofl:

So have a great weekend to you all!
Karla :df:

Halichick
05-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Busy day for me... son had his first dentist appointment, he was awesome! I went for my weigh-in this afternoon and I'm down to 245, was 244 in the morning on my scale but I don't usually count it. I lost 5 lbs this week, I'm a champ!! LOL

I see we have a few more awesome losses the last few days, congrats to all, keep up the good work!!

Anyway, off to post my exercise for today and then maybe play a little pogo before I hit the sack. I'll be back in the morning.

Take Care

Daffy29
05-10-2008, 08:46 AM
:wave: mornin', everyone.

Well, it seems everyone is losing to some extent or another this week, and that's great. The way I look at it, any week without a gain is a good week.

Retired, I'm curious...how does one do a traditional Nfld dinner, vegetarian-style? Do you replace the fish with tofu?

So, I was not able to stay off the scales this morning. They wavered between 225.0 and 225.2, but settled on 225. So I made my Mother's Day Challenge, and more importantly, I have now officially lost that healthy 10% of my starting weight. :broc: :broc:

We've got grey and gloomy here, again. DS saw a Great Blue Heron flying over the house this AM, headed for the city. Probably going to try to get some sun at a tanning salon, poor guy. We got a few warm sunny days a few weeks back and it's been like fall ever since. I think we've been getting all your rain, Retired.

ItsGreat2BeMe
05-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Just stopping by to congrats all of us on a great week and looking forward to the new week !!! Not much sunshine here either but a nice enough day to work outside and spend quality time with DH and DS.

Have a great Saturday all, i'll check back in tonight :-)

Tammy

retiredone
05-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Retired, I'm curious...how does one do a traditional Nfld dinner, vegetarian-style? Do you replace the fish with tofu?

I didn't do a fish dinner. I made what we call a "cooked" dinner or "jigs dinner" down this way. I had potato, turnip, carrots, greens (I did beet greens but the usual would be cabbage or turnip greens), peas pudding (Cooked yellow split peas, traditionally done in a pudding bag lowered into the boiling dinner, but I boiled mine in a small pot.), and a vegetarian "meat" pattie made with nuts and other ingredients, and lots of gravy. A traditional dinner would have a big hunk of salt beef or pork and a roast of fresh beef, chicken or turkey. All the vegetables and puddings are cooked in the same pot as the salt meat and everything is salty and very well cooked. I like to do my vegetables separate and of course my dinner is not as salty either. Some people boil a plain or onion or raisin or blueberry pudding or do a "pastry" (which is sort of like a biscuit) to go along with dinner. The plain or onion pudding or pastry is served with the dinner and usually a good serving of gravy. A blueberry or raisin pudding would be served as dessert.

I haven't found a good substitute for fish but I'm not opposed to experimenting and eating until I find something I like. :D

Anyway, dinner was delicious and I only ate one serving of everything, including a cupcake and a piece of chocolate cake filled with whipped topping and strawberries (1/24th of an 8-inch cake). I still have a few calories left over for a very light supper so I'm still on plan. The cupcake and cake were planned for my treat day. BTW, I lost 2 pounds when I weighed this morning so a light supper it will be. But I'm guessing next week will be low weight loss week as I seem to go that way after a bigger loss. This means I've lost 18 pounds since January 2 (8 of those since I joined 3FC). :carrot: :yes:

meowee
05-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Good Morning . . . and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY . . . Even if you don't have any 'real' kids, I bet you "mother" something. :yes:

So have a great day, doing fun stuff, and I will see you later. :grouphug:

Daffy29
05-11-2008, 09:21 AM
:wave: morning, all! Happy Mom's Day to us all...

Retired, congrats on the shed pounds. I used to play hockey with a bunch of girls from Nfld...I'd heard of jiggs dinner, but not details...sounds yummy, but with the potential for lots of calories if done really traditionally. I'd never heard of peas pudding...sounds interesting; I may just try that one of these days.

DS and I woke up early (for a Sunday) to bright sunshine. :D We made our Sunday special brekkie (scrambled eggs/low-fat egg substitute mix, bacon, and home-made fresh fruit smoothie) then took the dog for an off-leash ramble through the park and ravine nearby...a great start to a beautiful day.

Have a great one, everybody :wave:

Halichick
05-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Happy Mother's Day!!

I'm off to a great start today... got breakfast, a beautiful card, some goodies from Lush and a new Wii game. :) I'm also down to 242 lbs this morning. :) I'm heading off to the mall in a little while, gotta go get myself some new summer clothes.

Hope you're all having a fantastic day :hugs:

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM
:wave: Have been tres, tres busy lately. Gotta new car; been away a lot the last few days; tomorrow taking a friend to the city to see specialists. NIKO, our new furry baby is doing better each day; training is going well. Gotta get off to bed: a long day ahead of us ...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES !!!

Have a great week everyone :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

meowee
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

Don't know what your weather is like but we have another cold and overcast day -- at least it finally stopped raining; especially since some of yesterday's rain was starting to get rather thick and a little white looking around the edges. :yikes:

Have a great day everybody . . . see you later . . . :wave:

Daffy29
05-12-2008, 08:11 AM
:wave: 'morning, everyone!

I always make this discussion my first stop when I visit in the morning...know why?

especially since some of yesterday's rain was starting to get rather thick and a little white looking around the edges.

It's 'cause there's always something, like that for example, that will make me laugh. It's nice to start my day at the computer with a chuckle.

We've got bright and sunny again this morning, haven't checked the forecast.

My genealogical enquiries continue, and I have even made progress on my Polish side, where little was known beyond my great-grandparents' names. I have made contact with two members of the extended family, and hopefully we will be able to piece it all together.

And, the more time I spend at my computer in the evenings, the busier I am and the less time I spend in front of the 'snack-trap' aka known as the TV.

Have a great day :wave:

soon to be slim
05-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Good morning ladies...I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day:carrot: Linda:dizzy:

Daffy29
05-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Just found this at the CBC site. It's a Canadian restaurant chain nutritional info calculator and they say they will be adding to it over the coming months. Timmies is there, but Red Lobster is not yet. Others, too.

Link (http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/food/calorie-tracker.html) for whoever is interested.

meowee
05-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the link DAFFY . . . I've bookmarked it for reference . . . at least coming from the CDC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), the accuracy should not be in question, they are usually pretty good about checking the facts.

wkgirl
05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Good morning all you northern chickies!! (well, north of our USA neighbors, anyway....lol, some of you are pretty 'south' of me!:) )
Hope you all had a good weekend and mothers day!
Ive been pretty busy- helping my parents move...going back out to our property-only got a little stuck this time....lol
Its getting pretty warm up here...almost tempting me to plant things outside, but alas, I know better...;)
Hope you all have a good day!
Later,
Karla:df:

retiredone
05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi everyone. I'm talking about today but it's actually tomorrow. I'm up quite late after just finishing mom's birthday cake. I made two cakes-one large one with about one and a half cake mixes and a small one out of the other half. I baked and decorated both of them tonight and I'm bushed. I also made a tray of Raisin Quickie squares from the Company's Coming Square cookbook. Mom's birthday is Saturday and I'm trying to get ahead of the work. My sister, her daughter and boyfriend are expected so I'm putting on a big spread as none of them cook or bake and expect some good homemade food when they come. All three of them hardly weigh 300 pounds together. Maybe cooking and baking was the wrong thing for me to excel in. Anyway that was the tiring part of my day. It snowed here today, YUCK!

BTW, great link Daffy. Got it bookmarked.

Daffy29
05-13-2008, 06:40 AM
:wave: 'morning, everyone! Looks like I'm the first one here today.

Retired, all I can say is sn*w??? :eek:

Over on the Calorie Counting board, we're having a Canada Day mini-challenge, in case anyone is interested.

Not much to report here. It's sunny, the trees are leafing out very nicely, and we're headed to the cottage after work. :carrot: At the cottage, the plan is to work on our paths through the woods. Several of them need cleaning up, so we'll be cutting and toting trees and brush...lots of exercise :D

Even though I weighed in on Sat AM, I stepped on the scales again this morning since we'll be away. I really didn't expect to see a change and was pleasantly surprised by another pound gone. It's a great way to start my time away.

See you all next Monday! :wave:

meowee
05-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Good Morning CRAZIES . . . :grouphug:

We have sunshine in Northern Nova Scotia but a predicted high of only 6. Guess we can't expect to get everything at the same time. :lol: Must admit that I'm glad we did not get the NL snow, Isabella. ;)

My weight 'blipped' down a tad this morning but my blood sugar 'blipped' up -- the fact that I forgot to take my evening meds might have a bit to do with that, of course.

Nothing too exciting in my plans for today -- have to take my friend to the hospital for an intervenous bone-density treatment -- so we will probably do a bit of shopping while we are in town anyway. Cut out the main sections for a new quilt yesterday between sessions of tearing my house apart trying to find details of my second marriage and divorce dates (selective amnesia at work here :rofl:). I need the information so I can get my passport since the friendly neighbours to the south of us have made it so difficult to fly into their territory now. I'm kind of planning another little visit to some friends in September -- in North Carolina, this time. Guess I'll turn my approximate dates over to the local Services Canada office and hope they can track down the details for me. Give them an exciting few days (maybe) since I'll be asking for Ontario information instead of the Nova Scotia stuff they usually get asked for -- that's me -- always thinking of others. :yes:

Hope everybody else has some exciting stuff planned for the day . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
05-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Good morning, "My Fellow Canadians" or Gal Canadians. (Anybody but me remember Dief the Chief constantly saying that?) I figured I'd better check in to keep my Canuk status although I am really not crazy as Meowee will attest. (She did tell you were spent some time together last week?)

Wkgirl, could some of you northern Ontario types please get out your vacuums and take back these pesky black flies. I's really like to close the Ruthie Snack Bar.

Daffy, thanks for the restaurant link. I'm Ottawa born and bred and wonder where your cottage is. We could be neighbours. I just may pop over to the Canada Day Challenge.

Retiredone, I make that raisin square recipe too. Thanks for the reminder. My condolences over the snow. I do love Nfld in summer - when is that supposed to happen?

I'm about to gird my loins (whatever that means) and get out into the garden. My neighbour has offered to till my veggie patch and I want to mark off some limits. He can get a bit enthused and make chop-chop salad out of my herb row.

I'll try to be more patriotic from now on and get to know you all better.

meowee
05-13-2008, 07:47 AM
I definitely remember that line and watching his jowels wobble back and forth as he uttered it. :lol: Glad to have you with us, Chickie. :hug:

wkgirl
05-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Wkgirl, could some of you northern Ontario types please get out your vacuums and take back these pesky black flies. I's really like to close the Ruthie Snack Bar
I'm about to gird my loins (whatever that means) and get out into the garden. My neighbour has offered to till my veggie patch and I want to mark off some limits. He can get a bit enthused and make chop-chop salad out of my herb row.
Hi there Ruth! Id love to take back the flies...lol...but Im in Northern BC (close to yukon border) and all we have is ultra-light plane sized mosquitoes at this time of year ;)..........and i think girding the loins,(might be mistaken here) was when the men would take their robe/skirt things and hike them up/wrap them around so that they could run/move faster....
Things look gloomy out up here today....maybe some rain :( not good for my road, but good for the plants!
Still helping my parents move/clean today(you know the stage where its all *ahem* junk (random coat hangers, lost knick knacks, wedding towel sets in funky colors from the 70's) and you want to just put it all in the dumpster, but just can't do it? Yah- thats where we are today....)
BUT, I do have a massage, with a infrared sauna trial, this morning, so I should be pretty relaxed about the whole moving escapades by lunch time.
I also need to get in about 90 minutes of exercise a day the rest of the week, since I havent done much since saturday...and I'm in the Biggest Loser competition.
Hello :wave: to everyone, have a great day!!!
Keep your stick on the ice! :dizzy: (at least we only have indoor ice now...)

meowee
05-14-2008, 07:08 AM

Today is looking like an instant replay of yesterday -- sunny and still way to cold for mid-May. Guess this is going to be one of those years where we go from Winter to Summer without any real Spring. Oh well, at least the cold is keeping the pesky insect life under control for now; but forecast says we might get close to double digits today. Maybe . . . :lol3:

See you later, :carrot:

JuliaDH
05-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Morning! We enjoyed the sun at the park yesterday after school. Today looks like it will be 17 and rain. Thats ok. This weekend I want to take the kids to a floral park for some fresh pics. Love my babies and tulips!

retiredone
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi All. Another chilly day here. I'm missing all the sun we had last week and April. Ah, it's trying very hard to shine but alas a gray blanket of cloud is covering the blue sky.

I've been trying to get to the grocery store since yesterday and every time I'm ready something comes up and it get postponed until I can't go. Good thing there's enough food in the cupboards to last another month. (Although there would be some interesting food combinations after a couple of weeks.)

Can't believe this is the long May 24th weekend coming up. It seems so early this year. Hope all the campers don't have to shovel snow this weekend. :lol: I suppose there's a toss up between the freezing cold weather and the unbearable hot weather with black flies and mosquitoes. Of course some 24th weekends are perfect in every way-hope this is one of them, even if I'm not camping.

Ruthxxx
05-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Good morning from cloudy and slightly damp Delta. The park will be filling up with campers this weekend. I hope the weather is decent - I'm hesitant to even check the forecast!

I am currently "planted out". I've been digging, splitting and potting perennials for the past week as I have yet another plant sale this weekend. My muscles are feeling it but it sure beats last spring when I could work for only ten minutes before getting discouraged.

Spring is definitely here. Lily of the Valley and lilacs are in full bloom and the countryside is so colourful. Back in 1967 (Canada's 100th), the government gave out deep pink Centennial crab trees and every farmhouse around here has at least one. There are lots of lambs, foals, calves and other babies so the whole thing is sort of Norman Rockwell.

Have a lovely Thursday.

JuliaDH
05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Ruth I know what you mean about all the blossoms. On our walk to school this am I will be taking some pics of the crab apple tree blossoms. Very pretty but such a messy beast when you think about it. Drops the blossom leaves in spring, drops the apples & leaves in the fall. But hey raking is a healthy exercise.

meowee
05-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Oh . . . I'm so jealous of those of you who actually have Spring . . . think it will be a long time yet before my lilacs burst into bloom. :( Not even any sun yet this morning and a predicted high of 6 :p

My buddy LouLou brought her toy poodle over for a visit this morning while we did the coffee thing. Four of the five cats have 'disappeared', but Queen Purrecious is standing her ground -- they actually even touched a little while ago. :lol:

Other than that, nothing exciting for me. See you guys later . . . :carrot:

Halichick
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Mornin Ladies!!

Another chilly, grey day here in Halifax. *blah* Hoping for some nice warm weather sometime soon.

I'm still hovering around 244 lbs, retaining water like a camel. LOL
My sister came for a visit before flying to alberta the other day and we went to Jack Astors... I had the shrimp Pad Thai :) I felt so guilty eating it, but thankfully didn't gain an ounce from it.

Meowee... you should show some pics of your kitties, I'd love to see them. I have 2 furbabies, a tortie/tabby and a seal point siamese. I'm really wanting another siamese but they're so hard to find around here.

meowee
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Ow wow . . . over the time I've been around here, folks have gotten sick of looking at my "khat khids".

Haven't got any new ones, but here are a couple. The one of the Bengals also includes brother Freckle (at the top) -- he is no longer with us due to an incident with a plastic bag -- and I haven't been able to get the sisters to sit still for a new picture. Working down from Freckle, you have Frack (aka Teeny) and then, at the bottom, Frick (aka Blondie).

The grey one is "Mouse" (he thinks he's hiding -- all 15 pounds of him, plus a lot of hair) and the white one is "Blizzard" (a real cuddler) and, of course, the calico, "Purrecious" is my avatar; she is 'in charge' . . . just ask her.

Halichick
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
OMG! Where did you get the bengals?? They're beautiful!

I love seeing pics of people's furbabies... I can never get tired of anything with fur. :)

meowee
05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks HALI . . . they are rather unusual aren't they . . . Definately different in behavior too -- they love water and each other -- but are very aloof with people. They talk a lot, too.

I got them from a local breeder, but not one I could recommend to anyone. Turned out to be a rather costly mistake in more ways than just the actual money they cost (not cheap, but I fell in love with them).

Anyway, turns out they were not well-socialized nor well-bred, plus they were only about 5,1/2 weeks when I got them and terribly confused about kitty litter. Freckle died at 7,1/2 months because of one fight too many with a plastic bag (horrible :cry:, but I guess Heaven had need of a cuddly little kitten boy that day) and then at 9 months (just last December) all of my cats became quite violently ill.

Turns out that the kittens were carrying feline herpes (almost certainly since they were born) and it did not manifest until that point and then it passed to all the others -- I had a wonderful old black Burmese named Jazz (picture attached, age 14) and because he was diabetic (gave him two shots of insulin every day) and had a weakened immune system, the herpes outbreak caused his death. Frack almost lost her eyesight because of it and the others all were sick to varying degrees. My vet bills were really scarey; but the rest pulled through and that's what really matters.

Just like human herpes simplex (the cold-sore disease; not the genital one), feline herpes is a chronic disease and the cats will always be plagued with upper respiratory problems and mild eye infections; but apparently the initial attack is always the worst. The other good news, herpes is 'species specific' . . . the cat version of the disease, although similar to the others, cannot be contracted by humans or dogs.

When my friend mentioned this string of disasters to the breeder all she did was shrug her shoulders. :mad: I wasn't looking for my money back or anything, but a tiny show of sympathy would have been appreciated. :yes: Since then, I've bumped into others with similar horror stories to tell about Melissa's breeding methods and the quality of her kittens and puppies.

Anyway, bet you are sorry you asked -- but once I get started on this story, I have a hard time stopping because all my anger boils to the surface again.

Here's some pictures of Jazz, bless his little heart . . . and a couple more of the twins -- as you can see Frick is very brown and Frack is very black (Freckle was black too).

JuliaDH
05-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I want to play show and tell too!:carrot: Please!:^: We have a beagle Joey, 2 cats Miles & Indy and 1 bird Mango. Attached pics in order.

Ok ladies I cant figure out:dizzy: how to load pictues help please!

meowee
05-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Click the "Go Advanced" button below the Quick Reply box . . . then scroll down a little under the box and find the button called "Manage Attachments".

A new box pops open that lets you browse for the pictures and then upload them -- there are some restrictions on size, so depending on your photography package, you may need to make some adjustments to the quality of the pictures. I had problems at the beginning but now take pictures at the lowest resolution my digital camera allows if I want to upload them to the net.

Can hardly wait to see them . . . :yes: . . . good luck.

retiredone
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Here's the only pet I own. A long haired domesticated husband.

meowee
05-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Poor you . . . ours are probably more easily trained. :rofl:

meowee
05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Good Morning . . . busy day shaping up around this rainy and cold part of Atlantic Canada. Would like to just stay home, but . . . oh well, guess I won't melt - unfortunately. :lol:

Hope to get back later. Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

greeneggsandtam
05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Good Morning! Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Meowee!! Lovin those kitties. They are gorgeous!
Long Weekend! woot!
So happy to be putting in my bedding plants! Finally the prairies have warmed a little.
Just starting the outdoor soccer season this year and loving the weather - Hating the ticks. Why is there always a downside to things when you're a fraidy-cat like me? Hahaha I've been off plan and on plan for the past couple of months and from what I can see, not alot has changed. Who'd have guessed? haha
Okay gotta run. - don't wanna be late for work.
Tam

retiredone
05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Happy Victoria Day everyone. Anyone gone camping or to the cabin/cottage for the long weekend? I expect this place will be desolate over the long weekend. :lol: I haven't camped in such a long time and I love it so much. Don't burn your fingers on the s'mores.

meowee
05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Morning, gang . . . :wave:

Afraid I'm not feeling too well today -- hope this stomach rumbling passes quickly.

have a great long weekend, everybody . . . :grouphug:

Halichick
05-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Happy May 2-4 weekend everyone!! LOL

Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

Meowee... Hope you feel better soon. The story about your poor kitties is shocking, and so sad. I'd like to take the breeder and kick her butt. Glad that they're doing better though, give em lovin's for me :)

I finally got my siggy!!! It took over a month tho, so frusterating!

JuliaDH
05-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Gonna try posting the pets again! Couldnot find a pic of the bird. But Mango is my alarm clock cockatiel.

meowee
05-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Good Morning . . . for some strange reason I've been up since 4:00 am. :dunno: . . . hopefully will get to have a nap later. :yes: Other than that -- SSDD. :wave:

Halichick
05-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Julia: I love the pics of your furbabies. I see your cats have an obsession with the table and countertop too. My siamese cat is always on the counter screaming at me to give him some treats (then he'll go in the living room and yak them up)

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-19-2008, 12:13 AM
:wave: HELLO EVERYONE ~ Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend; only DH and I (and some others) were wondering why the tradtional May 24th holiday weekend is a week ahead this year.

Many people here aren't going to their cottages til next weekend becuz we live in the north and guess what? It *** snowed *** here today; that's why they won't go until the weekend of the 24th. That is also the weekend that many start their early gardens up here (ie salad stuff and cool crops like spinach).

ANYWAYS, we just stayed home and took it easy; had a lovely roasted chicken dinner with piles of roasted veggies too. Take good care; hope you are all feeling better soon ...

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Ruthxxx
05-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Snow?! :yikes: It feels like it here this morning but I know it's just me because the temp is pretty good at 6ºC with drizzle. The forecast for the rest of the week is much the same. I pity the poor cottagers and campers.

My cousin and his family opened up the cottage on the Island this weekend and showed up here yesterday afternoon for tea and warmth. I gave them both plus some firewood for the woodstove up there. Somebody stole their woodpile which is pretty darned low! We think it happened over the winter when you can drive a truck on the ice to get to the Island.

Last week was pretty hectic around here with prep for the Church sale so this week is definitely a recuperation week. I just may sit on my fluffy butt and read and sew for the day! It IS a stat holiday after all. My neighbour still hasn't tilled my veggie garden but it's too wet to plant anyhow.

Good old Vickie! Enjoy her birthday!

meowee
05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

I think the Victoria Day holiday is always the Monday before the actual date rather than the closest Monday . . . :shrug: . . . Hey, at least that sounds like a reasonable explanation for why it is the 19th this year. :lol:

Overcast around here this morning; but you never know what might develop. Yesterday started like this and turned into the nicest day of 2008 so far. Would be nice to get another one. Whatever, no outside events planned for me today. Hope to do some quilting a little later on, though. Wish I'd stop buying more fabric; pretty soon I'll need a bigger house just to keep the 'stash'.

Well, guess I'd better get moving and shaking -- have a great day everybody . . . :carrot:

retiredone
05-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, the holiday is always the first Monday before the holiday. You'll notice that with other holidays as well. But it is very early this year and not the best weather here but we've had worse on the May 24th weekend.

JuliaDH
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
This cold wet weather reminds me about one good thing with age. I dont HAVE to go camping with the youth group and party when it is cold! I can wait till its warm and my kids would be happy for the weekend. They would be miserable if we camped on a weekend like this.

SeaWave
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone! I'm back after a bit of an absence - those health problems are ongoing, and I can't log in as often as I'd like.

Things are a little dreary here with rain and cold wind, not conducive to working in the garden. I've replaced that with decluttering, and have thrown away three large garbage bags this week-end. I'm also accumulating things for an upcoming garage sale, and have packaged some things to send to an association. It feels really good!

I hope everyone is doing well and that the sunny spring weather returns soon!

meowee
05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Another damp and dreary day . . . although there was a tiny bit of sunshine earlier this morning. Looks like it might be a good day to get the laundry done. :shrug:

Anyway . . . hope everybody has something great on the agenda . . . the day after a long weekend is always such a chore to navigate. See you all later . . . :wave:

Halichick
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Mornin' Ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Pretty uneventful one here, just relaxed and went for a walk in Eastern Passage on Sunday. Looks like another confusing day here in Halifax, weather-wise. Cloudy in the morning, but looks like it might actually get sunny this afternoon. I miss Ontario's weather, more predictable, and warmer. :)

retiredone
05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
The holiday weekend is over and now we get beautiful weather!! It's a really beautiful day here-warm and sunny and everyone back to work.

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
:wave: HI THERE ~ well, we woke up to more *** SNOW *** this morning which quickly melted when the sun came out; I did get some laundry done, but it kept snowing (however lightly) all day, so put the last load in the hydro sapper instead ~ LOL! The temps kept going all over the place, but spring will have to get here eventually, right?

HOPE YOU ALL have a good week and nicer weather soon too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

retiredone
05-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Another beautiful sunny day here but we're supposed to get rain later on this afternoon, but it may not come til this evening. Rosebud, I can't believe you've got snow in Ontario, that's only supposed to happen in Newfoundland! We've had snow in June some years. (Of course it's only fleeting and doesn't remain.)

I'm waiting for the public health nurse to come for a visit to see mom. She said she'd be here today or Friday to give her the B12 shot. That means I have to be around until she shows up. I wasn't going to walk outside today but I wanted to start my circuit workout inside. Of course as soon as I start the nurse will show up. She won't come after dinner so maybe I'll put it off until after that.

Have a nice day everyone.

meowee
05-21-2008, 05:38 PM
We had another very cold and rainy day; not quite cold enough for snow, but very close . . . I love Spring . . . hope we actually get to see some soon. :lol:

Spent the whole day out and about doing a lot of expensive shopping stuff. Started out really early because I wanted to get in the line for Wii Fit -- don't know what happened after that; just one of those days. :shrug: Hopefully tomorrow I'll actually get the Wii Fit out of the box.

See you all tomorrow, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

meowee
05-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Good Morning . . . we have sunshine this morning . . .:yay:

JuliaDH
05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I am picking up WII fit this weekend. But here is the funny thing the machine does not work on our oooold TV. But we are saving for a new TV in the next month or so. But if I wait till then to get it they will be sold out!

Its still cold here, but at least we have some sun peaking thru the clouds.

meowee
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Do you already have the Wii Console? Wii Fit is just an add-on game with a special floor pad/scale-like apparatus.

JuliaDH
05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
ya "the machine" is what I refer to as the console. Between the kids nintendo ds, dh xbox and the WII...its just to much for me as the "arcade game" ignorant one of the family. DH was thrilled to hear of my interest in the WII fit and argues that he won the debate of whether or not we should buy one. But hey if it were not for "fit" the store would have had one more console on the shelf!

meowee
05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow . . . I'm surprised the Wii won't work since the other systems do . . . guess it's just newer technology. Well -- when you do get the new TV don't forget to make it digital and flat panel; they are just a delight. My LCD one is in the sunroom (windows on three sides; most expansive on the southern exposure) and absolutely no glare even on the brightest day.

wkgirl
05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
HI there!
Its still raining here, going on 4 1/2 days now, KARAZY for us, we never get this much rain....at least my son is picking a lot of worms to go in my garden and compost..lol...we went for a walk today too, just threw a big blanket over the stroller and did it, going stir crazy in the house!! At least with snow, there is lots to do out there!

Julia-Maybe you can get an adapter for your wii- we have an old tv too, and we got an adapter for our 'super' nintendo so we could hook it up, but not sure about the wii one.
Isabella: where do you live in NFLd? I have lots of friends from 'the rock'...such great people!!;) (and funny too!)
Hope you all have a great (and sunny?) day!

Karla :df:

retiredone
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi Karla, I live in central Newfoundland. Newfoundlanders are quite the migrant lot.

JuliaDH
05-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Nah hubby has xbox hooked up to a small tv in our room that is newer. But there is no room to exercise in there. And it would be nice to have a tv that does not take up so much space...then I can get rid of the big hutch it is in that also take up lots of space.

meowee
06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
If you tried to check in today, you saw that the server was down. It crashed at 1:40 am. When Suzanne 3FC tried to restore it from the backup, she discovered that the daily backup was corrupted and unusable. Unfortunately, last night was the night when the weekly backup ran too, so its database was also corrupted and unusable.

So we're back, restored to May 22, the date of the last monthly backup. Everything posted since then is lost, I'm sorry to say.

Feel free to repost any threads, questions.

For more information, please see the forum-wide announcement, which is at the top of every forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=40

As you can see . . . we will have to establish our June posts again . . . Hope everybody remembers everything they said so far this month . . .

And a rousing :yay: for Suzanne 3FC.

meowee
06-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Good Morning CRAZIES . . . :grouphug:

Things seem nice and stable around 3FC this morning; but I did notice that the tickers re-set themselves back to the May 23 level along with everything else -- so you may need to update yours -- I know I did. :yes:

Beautiful day in northern Nova Scotia yesterday, definitely not too hot since the temperature never got above 20. I spent most of the day at the car doctor doing the annual checkup stuff (including new rear brakes and pads). Today, no sun so far and some of the Ontario/Quebec heat and humidity is starting to seep theis way. I've got errands to run so I honestly don't care much if the sun comes out later or not. :shrug:

Hope your day brings you lots of whatever you'd like it to . . . :carrot:

retiredone
06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice day here after the gray clouds went away. Not real warm but nice. Hope everyone had a nice day.

srmb60
06-07-2008, 11:44 PM
It's a bit shocking to click on this and see posts about snow!

Do you think the site crashed because it's a bad idea to set up a get together in Stratford, Ont? :lol: Shall we try that idea again?

meowee
06-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Definitely no snow around here. It actually got almost hot yesterday. Today it is a strange combination of overcast, relatively cool, but muggy feeling. :shrug:

As I said before the melt-down . . . wish I still lived in Kitchener. Stratford beside the river is gorgeous this time of year.

Have a good one, gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-08-2008, 10:48 PM
:wave: Did someone have snow at the end of May beside us? I even got some pics that snow we had too! When I get them downloaded, you can see the snow we got when we shoulda had rain! But the last two days we had very hot weather, so we just stayed home in the comfy of our air conditioner: now, how's that for ironic?

Yeppers, the snow is gone; now we just have to battle the black flies and skitters ~ LOL! Help ... we're getting eatin' alive up here!!!

meowee
06-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Good morning . . . :wave:

So far, we are having a gorgeous morning with sunshine at a predicted high in the mid-20's. although it does still seem a little muggy -- but all in all I appreciate the fact that places west of here are keeping the really hot stuff to themselves so far. :lol:

Got bunches of stuff to do around 3FC this morning so guess I'd better get going -- hope all of you hve a great Monday -- see you soon. :carrot:

srmb60
06-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Hot and sticky.

meowee
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
OMG . . . don't know where the morning has disappeared to so quickly, it's almost noon. :shrug:

Anyway -- just wanted to say a quick HELLO -- hope to see you later. :wave:

JuliaDH
06-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey gang! Love the thunger storms last night and this am. Wished for alittle more BOOM! But at least it cut the humidity for now. Getting house work done before the next wave starts!

Struggling to stay OP but TOM was a monster this month. And I blew it over the last few evenings. Gotta stay strong!

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-10-2008, 10:17 PM
:wave: we had rain all day today to cool things off so we just stayed indoors. It seems what we get eventually travels eastwards ... so sorry! DH says that all these weather changes just keep us on our toes ~ LOL!

JULIA ~ hang in there girl; know whatcha mean. Looks like you are almost at that beautiful 'twoonie's mark' ... you can do it!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK CHICKIES ...

srmb60
06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
If today's weather travels east ... you're going to have a beauty. It is gorgeous here this morning.

Are folks still thinking about meeting in Stratford? Does Tomato post here? I think it was her and I that first pm'd about it.

meowee
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Well . . . the second morning for northern Nova Scotia and it's sunny as can be right now . . . when I first got up things were looking extremely different and then we had a violent cell of thunder storms come barrelling through around 8 am and that seems to have changed everything, for the better. :lo::

Hope everybody else has a fine day shaping up . . . :carrot:

JuliaDH
06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Susan, we are in Kitchener. When were you thinking of doing a get together?

srmb60
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I dunno when ... sometime this summer. Don't you think that would be fun?

meowee
06-12-2008, 08:39 AM

Half cloudy, half sunny today -- with a high that's supposed to stay under 20. Good day for the weekly 'shop 'til you drop' outing. :yes:

Halichick
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
HelloooOooo Crazies!! :carrot:

How's everyone doing? Enjoying this lovely, sunny, humid weather we've been having? I wish it could be summer all year round. Maybe when I retire I'll buy a little straw hut in the Caribbean. :cool:

I've been doing great, still truckin along... down to 240 lbs now, 13 lbs total since April 4th (8" lost as well) I'm like the tortoise... slow and steady.... LOL
Anyone else have any big losses or NSVs to report??

I had my birthday yesterday and went out to dinner and stuffed myself. Man it felt good to taste cake again :) I even managed to have a martini while I was out, been so long that I was drunk off 2 sips of it. :dizzy:

Anyway, gotta go attempt to get my son settled down for the night... I'll check back in later to see what's new.

Take Care ((hugs))

meowee
06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Everybody . . . :wave:

Another cool but sunny day, even though it is Friday the 13th. :lol: No big plans for me other than feeling sorry for myself because both the weight and the blood sugar took an upward blip this morning. This too will pass. :lol:

Hope everybody has a great and fun bunch of stuff going on for today . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Halichick
06-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Happy Friday The 13th!
(I'm wearing black pants)
:p

meowee
06-14-2008, 12:09 PM
:mag: Where are all the Crazies hiding?

JuliaDH
06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Hello! Its been crrrrazy around here. Getting ready for end of school. Drama from day care moms. One of who let the air out of my truck tires! All cause I expect to be paid while she goes home to groom before going to work. My 45 min is worth something even if you are not at work earning money! Needless to say I let her go. I like this home child care business since I can fire my clients!

retiredone
06-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone. Rain, drizzle but not much fog for the next few days. And cold, too. But better days are ahead. They better be because I just got my patio doors installed and I'm going to want to use them this summer (provided the deck gets built!).

Julia, I can't imagine someone doing anything so childish as letting the air out of your tires! I had to read it over a few times to make sure I was reading it right. I guess you did let her go.

I had a small ice cream cone and a small cookie after supper tonight. But I didn't eat over calories. According to fitday I'm right at 1200 calories for the day. I really like counting calories because there's room for treats every now and then.

meowee
06-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Good Morning and Happy Father's Day to those lucky enough to still have theirs around and pleasant memories of past Father's Days to those who do not. :grouphug:

Looks like another indoor kind of day for me -- can't really tell what kind of weather we are going to have anyway. There's a big out-of-control brush fire not far east of Halifax that is sending a lot of heavy smoke this way even though we are a good 2 hours east of there. Hopefully Halichick will have more information and get a chance to drop in with an update.

Anyway, have a great day . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

srmb60
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Morning!

Isabel J
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
good morning... Its gorgeous here this morning. Happy Father's Day to any fathers out there. I'm new to here and Herbal Magic, hope to meet some new people.

Isabel :carrot:

srmb60
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Isobel!

Do you live anywhere near Stratford? We're drumming up a get-together. Probably late some Saturday afternoon.

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Yay - I found the canuck group! But haven't seemed to figure out how to post properly yet. sigh. Sorry for any goof-ups! See if this is attached to Meowww's or on it's own. lol

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I thought i created a "weight tracker"......guess i didn't lol.

How do i start a new thread within the "Canuck" forum?

I admit.....i'm hopeless with technical computer things stuff! :dizzy:

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I've posted a couple of times now and don't know where my posts ended up - lol. :dizzy:

Isabel J
06-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I live near Owen Sound, Stratford is maybe hour and a half to 2 hours away.. sorry. Maybe if its near here sometime then I'll come.

Laura, I can see all your posts so your doing it right

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok.....seems i'm here! still can't figure out why my weight tracker hasn't appeared.....but maybe that's a good thing as i 'm not losing weight!

Just hoping for some support/friendship while i am stuck at this weight trying to figure out what is going on. Maybe someone will have some new strategy for me to try.

Started a plateau about 4 years ago.....after two years of that went on a holiday and lost weight. Continued losing weight when i came back. There were ups and downs but finally got down to my current weight. Now i'm stuck again. This has now been for months again. Working with my naturopath to try figure out the problem. I am hypothyroid but within the "normal" range with my meds. My trainer at the gym can't figure out why i can't lose either. I've tried every combination of food and exercise i can think of and no success despite all attempts.

Anyways..... that's me......just trying to hang in there while dealing with lack of progress forward.

Happy to be with you all x

Isabel J
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Laura.. I was told I couldnt get a tracker yet until after a certain amount of time on here or posts..so dont know for sure.

Thats weird that your not losing weight after all that, never heard of it. Sorry.
:hug: Hopefully something will change for you so you can start losing weight.

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the :hug: ---- me too!

srmb60
06-15-2008, 02:16 PM
There you are Laura! No matter what ... your posts go to the end. It took me a while but I figured out how to quote then you can tell that's your post is a direct reply.

srmb60
06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Like this .....

I live near Owen Sound, Stratford is maybe hour and a half to 2 hours away.. sorry. Maybe if its near here sometime then I'll come.

.... Owen Sound isn't too far ... we'll think of something. I wonder what is about half way between Owen Sound and Cornwall????

LauraNS
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
thanks , Susan:)

meowee
06-15-2008, 04:04 PM
LAURA . . . you are doing everything right (at least in this thread) :lol: CRAZY CANUKS is just a chat thread within the Support Groups Forum. It is not a forum unto itself so you cannot start a separate sub-thread within it. You are doing exactly what is supposed to happen in a chat thread. :yes:

As Isabel mentioned you have to be a member for at least 30 days before you can get a weight tracker (and have a certain number of posts, too; but at the rate you are posting, chickie, that one won't be a problem :no:).

Regarding the weight loss, or lack thereof, tell us a little more about the kind of plan you are following and the kind of exercise you are doing and we might be able to make some suggestions.

Anyway . . . you have a great day . . . and we'll see you later . . . :wave:

Wimzie
06-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Folks...newbie here, from small town southwestern Ontario, Canada! I'm a Weight Watchers member and have lost 29 pounds to date :carrot: yay, me! :dancer: Hoping to meet some people here for support and friendship...TTYL! bye for now...Wimz Oh, and I just turned the big 50 yesterday! :hb:

meowee
06-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Well . . . Hi there WIMZIE . . . glad you found us and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY, too . . . :woo: :woo: :woo:

:wel3fc: You will :love: it here -- really great place for support and encouragement as you travel the long and bumpy road to better health and fitness. Another place you just might want to have a look at is the Age50+ Forum . . . just click on this link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217 . . . I'll look forward to seeing you over there from time to time, too.

Isabel J
06-15-2008, 04:42 PM
The problem that I have with traveling is I have no license.. I'm 37 but, too scared to fail :o I know stupid eh? I've studied the written so hopefully I will pass, I'll be going soon though. I know how to drive and have without one...my bad :s: I want more freedom, my hubby says I need my freedom that way too.

srmb60
06-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I say you need more freedom too! Especially if you are free to come meet with us!

How about Wimzie? Good work BTW!

Tomato
06-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I thought i created a "weight tracker"......guess i didn't lol.

How do i start a new thread within the "Canuck" forum?

I admit.....i'm hopeless with technical computer things stuff! :dizzy:

Hi Laura,

You need to be on the forums for a minimum of 30 days and have 30 posts before you can have your own tracker thingy.

Also, I don't think you can post a new thread in Canucks - because Canucks are just a thread in the Support fGroups, not a forum per se.

Tomato
06-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Ooopsie, I should read before posting - I did not realize Meowee already answered Laura's questions.

Hi Wimzie, welcome to 3FC and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Congrats on your huge 29 loss; 29 pounds, that's mag!

Tomato
06-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi Isobel!

Do you live anywhere near Stratford? We're drumming up a get-together. Probably late some Saturday afternoon.

Yes, Canadian chickies, please open your mouth and let us know where you are (i.e. where you live). SusanB and myself thought it would lovely to meet fellow chicks. We are both in s-w Ontario.
I have met ladies from another forum I have been on and we became very good friends. It is always nice to add a face to a handle and have a chat! Remember, laughing is actually a good workout for the abdominal muscles!

LauraNS
06-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Morning gals ( hope i haven't missed any guys )

Thanks for all your replies! Gray here this morning but that could be fog and lift later. On the other hand......it could just be another dreary day. Of course we had no rain all weekend when we had a forest fire and had to evacuate 4000 people! lol typical.

I was a good girl and up at 4:45 so i could do a workout dvd before anyone else got up. Now for my brekkie..........

Have a great day everyone x
Laura

meowee
06-16-2008, 06:09 AM

So nice to see another Atlantic Time Zone Chickie here nice and early, Laura. :lol:

Also glad to hear that all but 50 of the evacuees have been allowed home and the fire is mostly out. Finally the hundreds of firefighters got a break and the wind shifted and forced the fire to retrace its steps and therefore it ran itself right out of fuel.

My morning is going pretty well too -- both the blood sugar and the weight blipped in the downward direction this morning and it looks like we are going to have a semi-decent day today.

Hope everybody else has a wonderful day and keeps things moving and shaking on this Monday morning . . . :carrot:

LauraNS
06-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Folks...newbie here, from small town southwestern Ontario, Canada! I'm a Weight Watchers member and have lost 29 pounds to date :carrot: yay, me! :dancer: Hoping to meet some people here for support and friendship...TTYL! bye for now...Wimz Oh, and I just turned the big 50 yesterday! :hb:

By the way , Wimsie.......i meant to wish you a happy belated birthday! Have a great year ahead of you :wizard:

Halichick
06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Hiya Crazies!!

I see we have some new members among us... welcome Laura, Isabel, and Wimsie!! I'm Danielle, from Halifax, NS. Looking forward to chatting with you :)

Happy Belated 50th Birthday Wimsie!! :bday2you: Hope you had an awesome day!

Laura... great to see another Haligonian in here, we're outnumbered by the southern Ontario chickies. :)

Hope everyone's doing well, I'm still chugging along, down 13 lbs and 8" :carrot:

I'll check back tomorrow to see what's new.

Take Care (((hugs)))

sexynesscoming
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
hi its me Isabel J...I couldnt get in with my other name and password so I tried to get a new password and the email wouldnt work and then i emailed admin twice but no response and I didnt want to wait too long so I came in under this name. just thought I'd let everybody know.

Isabel:carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-17-2008, 12:19 AM
:wave: HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ sorry, I don't live in Southern Ontario anymore; born there, but now live in NORTHERN ONTARIO myself. You can see what I look like if you go into my profile: there's a pic of me there.

Have been very busy lately; transplanting flowers in planters, planting and gardening. Made nice dinner for my DAD on Father's Day: we had a nice visit with him and S-M. We've had a lot of rain this weekend; but at least we got something done.

:wel3fc: TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ ISABEL, LAURA, AND WIMSIE! This is a great site and lots of nice people here with great support too.

WIMSIE ~ HAPPY 50TH!!!

:balloons: :woo: :hb: :woo: :balloons:

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE !

:hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

meowee
06-17-2008, 07:35 AM

ISABEL . . . off-hand I have no idea what the difficulty might be, but I will investigate and let you know . . . which ID would you prefer to use, if we have a choice)?

Looks like a rainy kind of day around here but that's okay because my big, fun (:s) excursion for the day is the annual trip to the GYN -- so the weather matches my mood quite well.

See you later . . . :wave:

Halichick
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
LOL @ Meowie.... it's not a great day for you today is it? I dread the gyn. visit... I feel so vunerable (you'd think I wouldn't after having kids) LOL Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Hello to everyone else... not much going on here, same crap, same pile. I did manage to get into the 230s today though *yay me!*

LauraNS
06-17-2008, 05:16 PM
LOL @ Meowie.... it's not a great day for you today is it? I dread the gyn. visit... I feel so vunerable (you'd think I wouldn't after having kids) LOL Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Hello to everyone else... not much going on here, same crap, same pile. I did manage to get into the 230s today though *yay me!*

Congrats on your progress :carrot: Way to go

LauraNS
06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
:wave: HELLO FELLOW CANUCKS ~ sorry, I don't live in Southern Ontario anymore; born there, but now live in NORTHERN ONTARIO myself. You can see what I look like if you go into my profile: there's a pic of me there.

Have been very busy lately; transplanting flowers in planters, planting and gardening. Made nice dinner for my DAD on Father's Day: we had a nice visit with him and S-M. We've had a lot of rain this weekend; but at least we got something done.

:wel3fc: TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ ISABEL, LAURA, AND WIMSIE! This is a great site and lots of nice people here with great support too.

WIMSIE ~ HAPPY 50TH!!!

:balloons: :woo: :hb: :woo: :balloons:

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE !

:hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

thanks for the welcome Rosebud x

sexynesscoming
06-17-2008, 10:27 PM
meowee...Thanx, I like sexynesscoming its got a nice point to it :D The other account can be deleted if can be, I would appreciate it.

I got weighed in today and I was DOWN 1 pound :dance: after a 2 pound GAIN when I went in on Monday, so I'm 179lbs now.I get measured for the first time tomorrow since my start date on Herbal Magic on June 11th.I doubt if I've lost any inches, havent done any hard core excercising, just walking and I've always done that on and off, so we'll see.

:cheer3: Congrats to everybody that has lost weight, inches, or stayed on track!!:cheer2:

:df: Keep Positive, don't get down...there's always tomorrow to do better! :df:

Isabel

LauraNS
06-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Morning Chickies x
How's everyone?

I was good......got up at 4:35 and was going to get my work out done a bit earlier but there was a line up for getting laundry dry this morning. My son is going on his school trip and could he have done his laundry during the day yesterday when everyone was at work..... NO, of course not!

Anyways got the organizing out of the way and got my workout done too, just a bit later than intended. Doing Turbo Jam - :woops: lol. Still trying to figure out the choreography but got better at one part this morning. Can hardly wait til i know the moves and can really blast it without thinking and missing cue!

Just for something different .......tried salad and tuna for breakfast yesterday and will do the same this morning. There's just something not right about eating salad and tuna in the morning!

Have a good day all........ take care x

meowee
06-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi there . . . :grouphug:

Boy is it every muggy and overcast today -- and I ache -- but things have been so changeable lately, who knows what the afternoon may bring. :shrug:
A good rain would be very welcome since it appears there are still some little hot spots in the firea area -- and they found the ignition point. it appears to be a case of 'careless camper'. :no: Will people never learn?

Spent 90 minutes in the waiting room for my 15 minute appointment with the gyn yesterday -- glad he didn't check my blood pressure. :lol: At least he changed the picture on the ceiling over the examining table since the last time I was there. Two of the cutest little chocolate lab puppies you'd ever want to see. And . . . his scale weighed me 1 pound lighter than my own. Always a pleasant and totally unexpected surprise. :yes:

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

srmb60
06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Morning! It's wet here too.

I have a Saturday afternoon late in July that I think should be clear. DD should have a baby by then and I should be back from tending the three of then :D
PM me if you'd like to meet in Stratford. I think it's best to keep the details more private than a public message board, yes?

Ruthxxx
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
*** Sigh *** I'd love to join you in Stratford but driving for five hours just isn't workable in my busy July. Maybe next time.

I've met many chicks from this board and lots from my garden group and haven't had a bad experience yet. The great thing is that we already "know" each other and don't have all that front end awkwardness. Meowee will vouch for that!

Hmmm...maybe we should plan an Eastern Ontario meet in the fall.

srmb60
06-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Ilene lives in Cornwall ... I'd love to meet her. But for that kind of trip I'd need DH to drive. He's never outright said no ...

Ilysa
06-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to this community and I'm hoping that by joining I will be doing myself some good.

I have about 100 pds to lose to get to my healthy weight, and I just got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes on Friday (June 13, 2008) {as well as some fatty liver concerns}.

I have always fluctuated in my weight, but just under 2 years ago, I broke both my arms and was dependant for about 2 months. This sent my down into a depressive state that I was not able to get out of {i've also "dealt" with depression for quite some time now}. I ate the wrong things to try and make myself feel better and pass the time as I was stuck in the apt that I had just moved into 9 days before I broke.

anyways, up to date now: dealing with depression, diabetes, and weight loss as well as stress management (which more than manages me right now)

Hope to talk to you some soon. All the best to everyone with their goals.

Cheers! Ilysa

meowee
06-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi ILYSA . . . glad you found us . . . wow, breaking both arms what a horrorible experience. Hope everything is much better now. :hug:

Just said a very lengthy "HI" over in the Diabetes Support Forum. Imagine you and I will be seeing quite a bit of each other around 3FC since we seem to have a lot in common. I've never liked Friday the 13th, but have to admit that yours is the winner for bad news on that day.

See you soon, Chickie. :wave:

Ilysa
06-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi ILYSA . . . glad you found us . . . wow, breaking both arms what a horrorible experience. Hope everything is much better now. :hug:

Just said a very lengthy "HI" over in the Diabetes Support Forum. Imagine you and I will be seeing quite a bit of each other around 3FC since we seem to have a lot in common. I've never liked Friday the 13th, but have to admit that yours is the winner for bad news on that day.

See you soon, Chickie. :wave:
yeah, Friday the 13 th was never really ubbe rin my book, I lost my first puppy on that day many years ago.

As for my arms, the one that i had surgery on (the other was a fracture) is now getting booked to get the plate that they put in taken out- so that's something else to look forward to.

I am going back to school after 7 years in less than 3 months and so everything is happening at once...

it can be a bit overwhelming for someone like me, and I know that I am at a point in all areas of my life that I can't fall apart on...

*sigh

one day at a time

Cheers, thanks for the warm welcome :hugs:

LauraNS
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Ilysa.......welcome !
Laura

LauraNS
06-19-2008, 06:05 AM
:hug:

Morning my favourite chicklets!

I'm grumpy. Something about the dvd player was not the same as the other mornings after being used during the day yesterday and i couldn't get my dvd working. Mannnn.........am i grumpy - lol. So i burned off a few calories on my cheap eliptical and will do my workout when i get in after work. I HATE having to workout when there are people around......HATE it. Feel so self conscious. Oh well.......who cares.......right?

So what's everyone else doing today? Foggy here.......but supposed to burn off and be sunny. Miracles will never cease! lol

Have a good day everyone......x

bopeep
06-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Hello all - I'm back after a couple of months of craziness. It seems like everyone I've ever known has passed through the city in the past couple of month! I've been playing hostess or tour guide, getting my garden in order, getting a new computer sorted out, going to out of town weddings, and painting the appartment. I feel like a whirling dervish! :spin::dizzy:

I've been too pooped to be religious about my elliptical, so my cardio has suffered a bit - I'm only averaging three to four days a week the past month. But with all the running around and physical labour I've burned enough calories to make up the difference. I'm still slowly losing about a pound or two a month.

This past week has been my turn to play at being a carpenter. The neighbours took down an old ailing elm tree that needed to come down, but since it provided a lot of shade for my shade plants I had to scramble and build a trellis thingy over them to protect them from the sun. Now I have to go get more stuff to redo a fence that has needed to be rebuilt for a couple of years. With that tree gone I need something with more privacy! So lots more sore muscles from playing at Builder Bob!

Other than whirlwind chaos, life is normal here. I do wish it would stop raining though - it's been raining almost every day for a month! I'm not really complaining because at least it's not snow :D

BP

meowee
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

So glad to see you back BP and it definitely sounds like you've been keeping busy. Congratulations on still keeping the weight moving in the right direction. :high:

Looks like a busy day for me . . . the Bengal twins have to go to the vet for their annual shots. Will probably take two of us an hour to get them caged up. Then they will screech and complain the whole time. When they get back home again, they will disappear from sight for at least two days and it will take about 3 months before I can get near them again -- they are definitely not the most tractable cats I've ever had, but are they ever great grudge holders. :dizzy: No idea where they are right now -- haven't seen either one since I brought the cage in from the garage. After that, guess LouLou and I will do our normal Thursday afternoon shopping "thing" -- if we've got any energy left. :lol: To top it off, it's cold and very overcast . . . difficult to believe it's only two days until Summer is officially here . . . I'm still waiting for Spring. :yes:

Anyway . . . hope you all have great days planned . . . keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

Daffy29
06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
:wave: Hello, all! Seems to be the day for prodigal Canucks returning; my reasons for being away are not nearly as interesting as Bopeeps, tho'...

This spring allergy season keeps trying to cycle me into sinus troubles, and 'new boss' is increasing my stress levels, so I've been feeling just exhausted all the time. On the plus side, I haven't been responding by grazing, but I haven't been keeping track or exercising either. I've been reasonable, though, and this morning the scales showed me up a mere 1 lb from my ticker.

I spent some time flipping thru pages here trying to figure out when I was last here, then I saw the 'you last visited' data up top. :rolleyes: silly me.

Anyway, I'm back to keeping track...I'll catch up on the news a little later.

Have a great day, all! :wave:

sexynesscoming
06-19-2008, 06:34 PM
hey crazies...Sounds like everybody is doing pretty good.I'm doing good here, just struggling a bit with my cravings*L* I just keep reminding myself I WANT NEED to lose these 50lbs that found me.I'm 6lbs down and 4 3/4 inches down from June 11th till now.I need to excercise more though.

I wanted to let everybody know I'll be gone all weekend to Burlington and wonderland, we'll be back Sunday then Monday weigh in, better excercise my butt off before that day*L*

Congrats for all the losses!!!!

Welcome to the newbies!! you'll love this site.

bopeep
06-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Daffy - Maybe there was something in the air causing us to get back here before we fell off the wagon :lol:

I hope your cats forgive you meowee! I have to bring one of my babies in for a rabies shot soon (fortunately she behaves at the vet). I've been trying to find the one year version, but no one has it, so I'm going to have to give her the three year one - not great because she has IBD and vaccines can really aggravate that, but rabies has become established in the raccoon population here :fr:

Hello Isabel and Laura (I'm an ex-pat Haligonian myself)! I'm an obsessed gardener with two kitties a noisy parrot and a DH (not necessarily in that order ;) ). DH and I are making an effort to get in shape (and stay there) and shed some of the weight that has crept up on us over the years (I need to lose a bit more than DH).

I had a bad plant day :(. I had to throw out a new Hosta because it has a virus :cry: Bugger. So I'm going to go drown my sorrows with some Monty Python and the elliptical.

BP

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-19-2008, 11:20 PM
:wave: Nice to see so many new CANUCKS dropping by again; I'm always around the site somewhere, but sometimes, I get lost. ;) That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!:D We've had yucky weather, but I'm still trying to get all my gardening done; my drums are coming up well, and most of the garden is planted so now we just wait ...........................................>>>

:welcome: ILYSA ~ sorry you've had such a hard time of it lately; maybe this journey will be the turning over of a new leaf for you! What are you taking in school? Is it a refresher or new degree for a new direction? I went to college twice, several years apart.

ANYWAYS, today was shopping day for veggies, fruit, and a bit of dairy; and tomorrow will be a full day too. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up! Take good care :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

LauraNS
06-20-2008, 05:28 AM
Morning
Hi Bopeep.....well nothing has changed about the fog around here! lol

Have a fun weekend, Sexyness.

meowee
06-20-2008, 07:18 AM
:wave:

Not having a great morning . . . hope to be back later when I'm in better humour. :halfempty

bopeep
06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Meowee - :grouphug: I'm sorry you're having a rough morning. I hope it's something that's easily sorted out!

Hi Rosebud! What's a 'drum'?

More rain everyday in the forecast for the next week. Yuk! I guess I'd better go out and try my sun dance again :cheer3::sunny::sunny::cheer2:

I get to have a good laugh later today - my friend's five year old daughter has her annual daycare 'spectacle' (or 'pestacle' as she called it). She's so excited and has been practicing her songs for weeks - she's driving her mum nuts :D She's a real diva type - a performance artist :lol:

srmb60
06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes, the drums? I've seen flowers in old toilets. Maybe Rosebud plants things in drums .....

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
RIGHT you are SUSANB ~ I plant things in the 'drums' from old dryers. They make fantastic mini-gardens; I have three right now. And as they sit higher off the ground, it's easier on the back; and hey, they are free. We first used one drum as a bonfire pit. That's when I got the idea to use one as a salad garden. My mother used to make flower gardens in large tractor tires (they'd paint them white or green).

We try to do our part for the environment: repair, reuse, or recycle. I really like them; they are easy to look after too. We know people here who put stuff in old barrels and an old bathtub with the feet; and we even saw an old iron bed.

ANYWAYS, hope you all have a great Friday night and weekend; esp you, MEOWEE: sending good vibes your way ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

LauraNS
06-20-2008, 06:42 PM

Not having a great morning . . . hope to be back later when I'm in better humour. :halfempty

Hope you're feeling a bit better now, Meowee.:hug:
Try think of something nice you could do for yourself.

Laura x

meowee
06-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Still in a funk this morning :halfempty and things definitely got worse yesterday. Everytime I turned around I was eating something nasty. Today had better be better. :yes:

LauraNS
06-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Today will be better :)

It's okay. We all have days like that. Probably your body craving something it needs. How low do you restrict your calories? Do you need a few more cals for a day or two?

Laura x

meowee
06-21-2008, 08:34 AM
I usually eat around 1500 net (about 1600 to 1650 including fibre) . . . so don't think it's that. What my body was craving was Dove Chocolate. :lol:

bopeep
06-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Meowee - Ugh - it's hard to get out of funk sometimes. Does a change of scenery help? A nice drive and a picnic lunch? I hate it when I get those days with a strong craving. It's usually when I've had a bad allergy day and my nose has been running non-stop and I feel like crap - I *need* salty chips like nothing I've ever needed before. It's probably just the salt that I need, but my brain seems convinced I need Doritos :nono:

Rosebud - aha! I was trying to figure out if it was a typo or if I was being a dummy :D That's a great idea though - it's a nice big container and it's elevated, as you say. I do all my gardening in containers because my yard is paved.

I broke down and had pizza last night :ink: I was sooooo hungry, and I needed food Right Now. Why are the only places open close to midnight junk food places? I'd gladly have has sushi if any healthier place was open! I was at my friend's daughter's 'spectacle' and it went late, then we went over to their place to celebrate, and at no point did I think to grab a bite to eat. So I'm heading home, and I realized it had been almost 12 hours since I had eaten! :eek: I swear my stomach was growling so loudly everyone on the metro could hear it. So I grabbed a pizza on the walk home from the metro - DH was starving too because he had been tearing his hair out installing a new printer on our network.

I think I'll put a good dent in those pizza calories today - I have to go to the wood store, carry a bunch of 2x4s and trellis home (take me a good half a dozen trips) and build that new fence.

BP

LauraNS
06-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Ohhhh.....i've seen the ads for Dove chocolate. Probably a good thing i've never tried it. chuckle.

Sorry....i have a brain like a sieve.......someone mentioned eating pizza last night. That's not always a bad thing! It doesn't work every time i've tried it......but sometimes if i eat some calories more than i have been and then cut back on my cals again.....i've lost a bit more weight. It has something to do with refeeding your body and cycling your macronutrients. So if you eat a bit more than usual......just think of it as a refeed day for your metabolism and then watch your cals/carbs again.

Besides which none of us should feel guilty about eating something we like or want from time to time. Saying that, i sometimes notice this pang of guilt or thinking "i shouldn't have had that" if i'm eating ANYTHING but salad or veggies. And that's ridiculous.......don't anyone else be like that.....it's not right and we really should never feel that way. :grouphug: I'll refrain from doing a little rant on society and the "norms" it's imposed upon us all!!! x

meowee
06-22-2008, 07:00 AM

Beautiful day around northern NS . . . wish I felt as :sunny:

LauraNS
06-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Morning!

It's actually nice here in Halifax too.......wow.....we're not fogged it and the sun is out. Time to get some vitamin D.

Just did my Turbo Jam and the Turbo Sculpt. Going to walk down to the Harbour for a coffee later.

I could KILL the remotes in this house. My son left a note : "if you need help, wake me up" ......well let me tell you.....he wasn't happy that he offered when i had to wake him up. My husband says one thing and then my son says another and they both get annoyed because they think i'm stupid about the remote. If they'd both tell me the same thing ...GEE.....i might just not get it wrong. There's my rant for the day.

How's everyone else doing today?

Meowee.....i have to wait for a weight tracker.....do i have to wait to have a picture beside my name as well? Just wondering because i tried to download a pic and it didn't show up? thx

Have a good day everyone. :hug: x

meowee
06-22-2008, 11:33 AM
You can have a picture LAURA . . .

Go to User CP and then click on Edit Avatar. Make sure the first box (called "do not use an Avatar") at the top of the page is blank. Then scroll down to the section called "custom avatar" and make sure that little box is selected and then browse and select your picture according to option 1 or option 2. Don't forget to click the "save changes" box at the bottom.

PS . . . just looked at your profile . . . think that's where your picture is. You miust have selected "Edit Profile Picture" instead of "Edit Avatar"

LauraNS
06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info, Meowee x
I walked down to the harbourfront and had a coffee down there. It was really nice. For a change didn't even neat a jacket around here!

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.

Justwant2Bhealthy
06-22-2008, 11:27 PM
:wave: HELLO THERE ~ we had a mix of sun and rainstorm and sun and more rain tonight. Good for the gardens though; saves us watering and we like that!:D Went for a nice drive this afternoon and picked up dinner (BBQ Spit Chicken): what a nice treat for Sunday (no cooking ~ LOL) ...

BOPEEP ~ love the drums; so easy to look after and bugs don't seem to get in them like they do in greenhouses (slugs) and the garden.

Hope you all have a great week coming up; take care :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

LauraNS
06-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Morning everyone

Well......managed to go down 2 pounds since starting Turbo Jam. The thing will be to see if anything else comes off. The test will be the next couple of weeks. My body does this all the time. It will lose 1 or 2 pounds with the attempt at something new and then that's it. I'll keep doing the workout and have the cals around 1400 and see if anything further happens. 1200 is just too low for me although i was trying it in desperation.

Didn't work out this morning as i didn't really sleep and just scared to overstress my body ......low cals, up at 4:45 and not good sleep......not a great combination.

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

meowee
06-23-2008, 07:54 AM

Think my mood is improving at long last. :yes: The weather however is looking pretty overcast right now although it is forecast for sunny later on. It does look like the storm that south-western Ontario was having yesterday is working it's way down to us. Rain predicted for tomorrow.

Finally got mad at the stupid digital scale and brought out the big old Seca analog clunker -- the kind used in a lot of doctor's offices, if they don't have a balance-bar type -- so we'll see how consistent good old German engineering can be for a while. Trouble is, of course, analog is not nearly as precise so looks like I'm between 218 and 219 this morning -- decided to call it 218.5.

Anyway -- nuff about me -- how's your day looking? Hope it's a good one. :wave:

retiredone
06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone. I keep forgetting about this thread. We've had over 2 weeks of rain and even on the sunny days we get rain sometime during the day. Have had thunder storms last night and this afternoon but looks as if it may be clearing up as there seems to be a few rays of sun coming through. I had to make a mad dash for the clothes line this afternoon and thankfully got the clothes in before the rain got heavy. It's supposed to be warm all week with more rain. The grass is nice and green though.

JennyG
06-23-2008, 06:46 PM
I am officially joining the Crazy Canucks Cluck Club!! Hello Ladies!!!!

meowee
06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi JENNY . . . :welcome:

JuliaDH
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
We just had 2 days of sun then several hours of thunder storms and we also had 15 min of pea sized hail. It was the first time kids saw hail and loved it wanted to go run in it and mean old mommy said NO to dangerous.

LauraNS
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
I am officially joining the Crazy Canucks Cluck Club!! Hello Ladies!!!!

Hi Jenny! Nice to meet you. How is beautiful PEI this morning?
Meowee........that's great......down some more WOOHOOO.]I remember the thunderstorms from Ontario, Julia!!!!
I went out with a new friend last night and drank! No counting calories. Had a great time.....haven't had such laughs for soooo long. Worth the calories! That being said, i wasn't up at 4:45 exercising this morning and the 2 lbs i lost are probably back! Well......back at it tomorrow morning.

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

LauraNS
06-24-2008, 06:30 AM
I was trying to use different colour for each of you i was saying something to! I'm so untechnical......and it shows! lol

meowee
06-24-2008, 06:54 AM

Just a quick HI before I try to have a nap . . . stupid storm woke me up at 4 am and by the time I closed all the windows, I was definitely awake. Now I've had breakfast and 3 cups of coffee I'm going to try to have a nap. Oh ya, good luck. I have an eye appointment this afternoon and could really use another couple of hours of shut-eye before having to show them to my Optometrist :lol:.

Really loving the analog Seca scale this morning. No matter how hard I tried -- on and off a few times and even shoved it around on the floor a bit -- couldn't convince it to register any number other than 215. Must have stripped a bunch of water yesterday because I know you can't lose more than 3 pounds of fat overnight anymore than you can gain it in the same time frame. Hey, whatever it is, I like the number :goodscale

Don't fret LAURA . . . you'll soon get the hang of it. :hug:

Thanks JULIA . . . figured I had Ontario to thank for our storm. :lol:

Okay . . . hope you all have a great day of moving and shaking fun . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

LauraNS
06-25-2008, 05:19 AM
Morning gals

Come out, come out where ever you are! chuckle

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

srmb60
06-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Morning!

I'm still looking for folks who want to have coffee in Stratford late in July.

meowee
06-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Another HI . . . :wave: . . . Good Morning to All . . . :grouphug:

If I still lived in Kitchener, I'd be there Susan . . . but a little too far to drive now. :lol:

LauraNS
06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Meowee.........what's Kitchener like to live in? What's the weather like in the summer and winter? How much would a bachelor apt. cost per month and what are job prospects like there?

Also......anyone else living there.......any input as to the above questions elsewhere in Ontario? I lived in Ottawa and know i don't want to deal with the weather there......but i heard it's one of the cheapest cities to live in.
Anyways.......just me musing......... thanks x

meowee
06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Well . . . I liked it a lot . . . Kitchener/Waterloo is/are very close to Toronto and yet have managed to maintain a distinct personality (quite German) . . . Kitchener is relatively blue-collar and Waterloo (the two touch so it's pretty hard to separate them for thiw type of discussion) is a major University city.

Climate is a little softer than Ottawa and area since it is quite a bit further south, but KW is in a snow-belt and it does get very hot and humid in the summer like most of south-western Ontario.

No idea about apartment costs; but when I moved down here in 1991, I bought my current house (detached, side-split on large corner lot) for the same amount that I sold my townhouse in Kitchener for. Food costs and gasoline costs are a little more reasonable than down here though.

About job prospects I don't have much to offer but feel compelled to mention that the relatively recent closure of the Uniroyal Goodrich (Michelin) tire plant took quite a hunk out of the local economy.

LauraNS
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the insight, Meowee x

LauraNS
06-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Morning all

Well my son is graduating from Junior high today ( at least i haven't heard otherwise ! ) And he's not going to be happy but guess who is going to show up at his grad ceremony? He doesn't want me to be there ( so he says ) so he'll act angry to find me there. But my boss wanted me to go so i have the afternoon off whether i like it or not!

Anybody here ever lived in Calgary/Edmonton? lol

Have a good day everyone x

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

joycanada
06-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone: I stumbled on to this site by accident. I'm a colonrectal cancer survivor (Jan 2006), I'm having a heck of a time loosing weight because they pumped me up on steroids during treatment, plus I have low thyroid..so I have 3 strikes against me. Post cancer I did Atkins and lost a pile of weight, was feeling great, looking good and then bam Cancer....bummer...in more ways than one Colonrectal:)

Boy do I sound like a whinner....I've told you all the "bad" stuff.
The good stuff is that I haven't lost my sense of humour.
I can't do Atkins again because to much protein "does a number on me"

Looking for some suggestions, and help

thanks,

Joy
Kingston, Ontario