Support Groups - Short Chicks--May/June 08

View Full Version : Short Chicks--May/June 08

Shay
05-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the new thread! We are a small but dedicated group looking for new people to join us.

teacher1
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
hi all- I'm sooo happy May is here!!!!!

Shay
05-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Well, it was a beautiful day here in Va. I think it is supposed to be just as pretty tomorrow. I think I will go the farmer's market.

teacher1
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Likenoother- Fun!!! Let me know what you get at the market.

The farmers market on my side on town starts on Wed.

Shay
05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I went to the Farmer's Market today:
strawberries, tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini bread, sweet potato bread, grass fed beef steak, apple butter, pear butter, and applesauce.

I am only allowed to go once a month based on today. They will be there everyone Sunday through December. I can't wait to go again.

teacher1
05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Shay- Yummy, I'll let you know what I get Wed. at mine.

Shay
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess its just you & me teacher1. It has been raining for two days straight. Makes me want to go home and sleep.

teacher1
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Shay- the sun is shining here. Yesterday, I got my new puppy. he's been keeping me very busy. i'll get a picture up in the next few days.

BellyUp
05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi! I'm short! Can I kinda be a part of your group too? :)

teacher1
05-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Welcome Belly Up!!!! Our group seems to come and go.

Only 2 more weeks of school. Ah, I can't wait for summer.

Shay
05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Of course Belly Up! The more the merrier!

Teacher1--The puppy is precious. The rain here was non stop for days. It finally let up. Today was really nice and tomorrow will be even nicer. Capris and flip flops here I come :)!

fab4fan
05-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Can I join this group, too? :D Sometimes it's nice to talk to other short "chicks" as sometimes tall people think I'm crazy for complaining about being short. Something I guess they will never understand... :) How many people are part of this group? I'm new to this site, so I'm unclear how to be "part" of it... do I just subscribe to the thread? Thanks!:wave:

teacher1
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome fab4fan!!! The number of this thread is always changing people come and go. You don't need to subscribe just start posting and chatting with us.

Shay
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Welcome fab4fan! As teacher1 said just jump in.

Well it is a beautiful day. I am wearing capris but not flip flops. I'm planning to go shopping with 1/2 my stimulus money when it gets here. I think it will be the end of the month. I need some seasonal clothes and just some clothes that fit me right now. I'm living in sweats mostly. I figure I will go to Kohl's first then Lane Bryant. I haven't in been in LB in years.

teacher1
05-18-2008, 01:22 PM
hi everyone- I have a day of running errands. It's a wonderful sunny day. 1 week left of school!!! Yeah :)

Shay
05-19-2008, 08:47 PM
teacher1--One week left??? That has to be exciting!

teacher1
05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Only 1 more day with the kiddos. I can't wait to get back on track.

teacher1
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
It's funny to miss so many posts and see my venting about school. I've had some family issues to deal with that's has been challenging. Have a great night.

Missakay
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
HI all!!

So I fell way off the diet wagon, but Im back now and it is june!!! I got a dog and my sister got engaged and Im goin to be the maid of honor!! :cp: The wedding is over a year away...but I want to look really good in a bride's maid dress!!

SO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

teacher1
06-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome back missakay! What kind of dog did you get? I got a boxer puppy mid May.

Missakay
06-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Marley dog is a chow and husky mix he is 11 months old....he is just the sweetest guy...and he keeps me walking him all the time!!

mstigger
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
:wave:Hello all! I had introduced myself back in May, but with the crash, lost my profile and get to start all over! I'm the tall woman in the immediate family at 5'2" :) My daughter told me she would be taller, but at 14, she is barely 5' My son on the other hand is nearly 6'4" :chin: Hubby likes to say it was the mailman. DH is 5'11"

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Shay
06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Welcome back Missakay!

Hi again mstigger!

I wanted to pop in and let you know in case you didn't see the sticky at the top that this thread will be moving to the main support groups area in the next few days.

Okay, I'm starting to wonder if my stimulus check is coming at all. I really don't want to go clothes shopping until the 4th of July holiday weekend but I'm beginning to wonder if that money is ever coming!!!!!!

mstigger
06-10-2008, 12:24 PM
likenoother-thanks for letting us know about the move....I would have never noticed!! Would have thought that you guys just left!

I have decided to stop shopping for the next few weeks. I know that its a good thing when you lose weight, but I had just bought some new clothes and now they are getting too big!! :D

teacher1
06-10-2008, 10:21 PM
likenoother- wow a long time to wait for your check.

tomorrow i plan on going swimming.

Shay
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
mstigger--You might want to buy things from Goodwill, Salvation Army or thrift stores for the interim.

Okay I found out my stimulus check will be going out on June 20th. I wrote a check for my taxes and it was postmarked on April 15th so that's why I am getting my money so late. In plenty of time to go shopping on the holiday weekend. I'm looking forward to it in the sense that I need clothes but not looking forward to trying things on. Places I plan to go--Kohl's, Lane Bryant (I haven't stepped in one in years), and Old Navy.

mstigger
06-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Hello all!

Shay-Thanks for the advise! Hadn't thought about trying out Goodwill. May just have to do that! Have fun on your shopping trip. Stores usually have really good sales in July.

DS is graduating tonight. Finally! Unfortunately, they are holding the ceremony outside. Should be nice and hot.

teacher1
06-14-2008, 02:03 PM
WOW, sounds like everyone is busy. today out with the family and swimming this afternoon. it's soooo hot.

Shay
06-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I so thought my stimulus check was here yesterday. It was a notice that my check was coming. So this week it will be here. Yeah! I can't wait to shop. Of course now that I have this money to spend I won't find anything.

teacher1
06-15-2008, 07:06 PM
shay- goodness, such a mess with your check

I need to hit the store for a wedding outfit.

teacher1
06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
A pretty sunny day finally, off for a walk with the pup.

Shay
06-17-2008, 10:40 PM
It is finally starting to cool down a bit here. Wish I had time to enjoy it. Life will simmer down in a bit and I will get that chance.

frieden
06-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the board and am five feet tall. It's been raining all week here. Hope next week is drier.

Missakay
06-18-2008, 09:30 PM
HI :welcome2:!!!!

so I been walking my dog and lately I have been having pains in my lower leg, between my ankle and mid calf!! I think it may be from not stretching enough!!
It gets soo tight......maybe Im not getting enough water!

Shay
06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Welcome Frieden!

Missakay--I think you're right. When I walk on my treadmill I never stretch first and I know I should be drinking more water and I experience that tightness too.

teacher1
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Welcome Frieden :)

been walking my puppy but it's getting so hot. i'm going to get up earlier to beat the heat.

Shay
06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, Yes! My stats class is over! I only have one more summer training to lead. Things end and others begin. Summer camp starts next week.

That stimulus check should be here any day now. I haven't checked my mail today yet. I came home about 2pm to work on my stats exam.

teacher1
06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
shay- congrats on finishing up your class. stats is a hard class.

how long does your summer camp run?

mstigger
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. How is everyone?

Shay, have you gotten your check yet?

teacher1
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I've been good. I had a dog class last night and my last night of puppy preschool tonight. The puppy is doing good and loved his first afternoon of doggie day care. He didn't want to leave.

Gracesmommy
06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Hello All,

I would like to join this group.

I am five feet nothing and with the extra weight I am carrying around I feel like my body is really struggling. Sometimes I feel like I am wider than I am taller.

Anyway, I have decided to do something as I can't face another fourth trying to avoid getting into a swim suit. Well obviously I have to face this one but I am totally ready for the change.

I have a 16 month old daughter and a husband and a golden retreiver. I am a stay at home mom.

teacher1
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome Gracesmommy!!!!
I went for a wonderful swim this afternoon.

teacher1
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
hi all- everyone is quiet here. it's hard to believe that tomorrow it will be july. the summer is flying by.

Gracesmommy
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks, I would love to be comfortable getting into a swimsuit again. I think that is a few pounds away. Hopefully in September, I would love to take Grace to mommy and me swim lessons!

Shay
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone,
Been gone about a week now back trying to catch up!

teacher1--7 weeks. Then about 3 or 4 more open up for 2 weeks. We provide seamless service. School ends camp begins, camp ends and school begins.

mstigger--Finally got my check last week. I need to gear myself up to go shopping. It can be quite depressing. I've started a little bit by buying underwear. I also want to buy bras, shorts, capris, and some tops. I hope to go this weekend but I am not looking foward to trying clothes on but am looking forward to having new clothes.

Welcome gracesmommy! I am way over 200 lbs and I just wear skirtinis. I feel really comfortable in those. I just bought two for my vacay to Myrtle Beach.

I will start a new thread that will cover the months of July, August, and September tomorrow.

Shay
07-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Here is the new thread. Hope to see you over there!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145211