Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Flex vs. Winning Points

Back in 2001-2002, I did WW online from home. At that time it was Winning Points and I did really well with banking my points and lost probably about 30 lbs before I got pregnant. Well, now i have about 75 lbs to lose. So far, I've lost 6 lbs in the 3 weeks I've been doing it. Which I know is good, it's within the healthy guidelines of 1-2 lbs a week loss. But, I think I lost more starting out with Winning Points when I was on it. But then again, when I was on it before I was 22-23 vs 29 going on 30! Metabolism catches up with ya! I know that they are pretty much the same, but I don't know. I think it's a mental thing with me. Am I the only one?
Jamie
ohiomom0503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The numbers of the points you actually get to eat are pretty much identical for both programs. On winning points you eat five more points per day, but can bank or save points to use later. The flex points deducts those five points from daily and starts you with 35 flex points (consider it an automatic deposit rather than savings). In essence, with winning points, WW has done your "banking" for you.

I was a WW member during the switch, and there were alot of people who complained that they couldn't lose on the "new" way, but the numbers are really the same, so I think it is a mindset thing. If you don't go off program, either will work equally as well, because the number of points are exactly the same.

I know some people liked one plan over the other, but as long as you're "spending habits" don't change, it really doesn't matter if you get paid at the beginning or end of the week.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-30-2008 at 09:41 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote