04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Grilled Sandwiches

1 medium yellow squash
Low fat Ricotta cheese
Fat Free Chedder Chese
Ham/Turkey slices
sliced Tomatoes
Lettuce

Take the medium squash and slice into thin long slices (vertical cuts) (makes about 3-4 slices). You will only need two slices so take the leftovers and pop into the fridge for a later meal.

Take slices of squash and spread ricotta cheese on each slice. This will act as the mayo. Then add turkey or ham to each slice. Add about 3-4 thin slices. Sprinkle chedder cheese on top. Place on the grill for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat until meat is cooked and cheese melts.

Remove sliced and add tomatoes and lettuce. Enjoy!

Makes 1 serving. Two slices each.

Better then the lettuce wraps! Try this with zuchinni as well.

ladybugnessa
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
pretty protein heavy why not just use mayo?

DCchick
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I"m totally going to make this! thanks!

Ruthxxx
04-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Remember this is a summer squash - like zucchini. Winter squash won't work and isn't allowed until Phase II.

sweetlovin
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
^hmm never knew there were two kind. Anyway I have the summer one.

btw, You could definitely use mayo. I just think the riccotta chese makes the protein stick to it better. You'll see the difference once you use both. But yeah, go ahead and add mayo if you wish.

ladybugnessa
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
not fat free... use regular mayo the kind allowed on SBD to get the good fats. Trader Joes makes a great one with no added sugar.

sweetlovin
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
not fat free... use regular mayo the kind allowed on SBD to get the good fats. Trader Joes makes a great one with no added sugar.

Oh okay. Sorry I'm not a big mayo eater to begin with. I honestly prefer mustard (which would go good on this btw!) so I kind of skipped over the rules for mayonnaise.

But try it with reg mayo (the good kind) and tell me how it goes.

ladybugnessa
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
FWIW I don't eat mayo either... but i figured i'd better know the rules of the diet if i'm gonna help folks.... LOL

I love grilled veggies so i'll try it.

prncessang228
06-15-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm new to SB and tried this today using green bell pepper as the "bed" for my meat and cheese. it was SO good!! I used regular mayo and added slices of tomato as well.

thanks for the recipe!!!

Schmoodle
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I missed this one the first time around. Sounds great for a light summer supper!