Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/152/128

Height: 5'6

Question Losing the Very First Pound

I've read so many posts on here about all of your great successes! I can't wait until I can write about my first 5, 10, 15 pound loss - but now I'm waiting to lose my first pound. I want to hear your First Pound stories - did it melt off? Did you work for weeks and weeks before seeing the scale slide? I'd love to read your inspirational stories!

Thanks!
makeyourownplans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #2  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

This is a great idea for a post. Unfortunately my first pound was so long ago I can't remember! Really, two years seems like a loooong time to only have lost 45 pounds, but my body is stubborn. I *think* I lost a couple pounds my first week, which was encouraging enough to keep me going even though my weight loss is rarely more than 4-5 pounds a month these days.

Just stick with it and that first pound will be off in no time.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Well, I weighed myself the first day, then the next day went *up* a pound and stayed there a couple days. But then it started coming off pretty quickly. I'm only just over 2 weeks in and have lost 8 pounds. But I seem to lose faster in the 1st 2 weeks. Then it slows down to 1-2 pounds a week. But this time might be different. Before I've always focused on exercise, and this time I'm more focused on what I'm eating. But the first time the scale went down was pretty exciting :-) Makes you feel like you're on your way. I've heard lots of people have more the opposite experience - The weight seems to be slow to start coming off, but then they have a big drop. We all get there in the end :-)
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Well, my first pound was actually the same as my first 6 pounds, because that's what I lost my very first week. I remember the feeling though! A sudden realization that if I actually try I can succeed. Something that I had never really grasped before. It was great.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/152/128

Height: 5'6

Great stories! Thanks everyone.

thistoo - I am amazed by people who manage to get it off and keep it off. 45 pounds over two years is no small feat. It's neat being at the beginning of this journey and picturing myself two years down the road.

JulieJ08 - congrats on the first few weeks! Sounds like you've seen a huge difference already. I'm happy to read someone discussing gaining weight initially. I think this is happening to me and I've read many great posts here about retaining water/gaining muscle mass pushing the scale up before it comes down. Cognitively, I understand what is happening but it's still not as rewarding as seeing the scale go down!

Faerie - thanks for the inspiration! congrats on your 3rd 10%. I know you'll hit your 4th.
makeyourownplans is offline   Reply With Quote