20-Somethings - May Goals!
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi all... I thought a May Goals thread might be a good idea. I am pumped for summer and finally eating well and excercising consistently so I think the cute summer clothes are in the near future!
My goals for May are:
1) Contiue eating vegan plant-based diet
2) Run 4 days a week and increase long runs to 10km
3) Include more strength training into exercise routine
4) Lose 8 pounds
04-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Yup, it's that time again to carve out some short term goals! For May I want to be doing some form of cardio 5 days a week and weight lifting 3 days a week. I also want to cut down on my portions, focus on whole foods and eat no more than twice during the month at a fast food restaurant. Oh yeah....and I want to lose 8 lbs too!
04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Short term goals make me feel like I'm accomplishing something. .haha so here mine are.
1. Be running at least 3 miles 4 days a week (by the end of the month get my stamina up to that.. lol)
2. To be down a size in clothes.
3. Lose an inch off my body totally.
4. Start to run outside more often and not on the treadmill so much..
04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
My May goals are....
Stick within my calorie range EVERY DAY 1650-1750 calories
Workout at least 5 days a week every week
Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day...everyday!! (I have trouble getting it all in on weekends)
Lose 12 pounds
just keep swimming
04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
My goals (so far) are:
1. Stay under 1600 calories at least 6 days a week.
2. Cardio at least 6 days a week.
3. Exercise 1600 minutes total.
4. Be able to run a mile in 10 minutes or less by the end of the month.
04-29-2008, 01:24 PM
1) continue writing down my foods and counting calories
2) keep sweet treats down to once a week
3) keep aiming for 10,000 steps a day
4) get solidly into the 170s
04-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Here are mine!
- Lose 6 pounds
- Do some sort of exercise 6 days of the week
- Get in at least 100 ounces of water, daily
- No white carbs for May! Only whole grains. *
* I've always eaten whole grain bread, not an issue. Always have 'white' pasta and rice, however, so I'm going to attempt the switch-overs there.
04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
-Only take 4 rest days throughout the month (I find when I rest for a day it's soo hard to get back on track).
-60-100 minutes of cardio each day
-Lose 5-8lb (would LOVE to be 134lb as that would be my lowest weight in..about 6-7 years!)
-Get down to a size 5 (currently a size 7)
-Don't lose focus on eating.. I think this is the reason I am gaining weight. I wanted to try a low carb diet as it seems to work with dropping weight, however as a Vegetarian, I get a lot of my calories from carbs (good carbs like fruits and veggies and whole grains though).
04-29-2008, 03:43 PM
-5 days of Cardio, 3 days of weight training each week
-Drink AT LEAST 64 oz. of water every day (if not more)
-800 minutes of exercise for the month of May (I have to ease into this, I'm just starting back up!)
-Lose 10 lbs
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
-Make it to my goal weight (only 3 pounds to go!) and MAINTAIN!
-Exercise at least 4 days a week (even if it's a 20 minute walk around the block!)
-Be able to wear clothes I'd never dreamed about wearing before (bikini, here I come!)
-Finish training to become a WW receptionist and then eventually Leader!
-Incorporate more vegetables into recipes---AND get my family to try some new healthy recipes!
-Try to control my sweet tooth and not eat so many points in sweets per day!
-Feel GOOD about myself and comfortable in my skin!
04-29-2008, 03:50 PM
~Continue drinking 100oz of water a day
~Keep on track with my running program
~Add weight training 2x a week
04-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Hello all my goals for this month are
1) Continue smashing
2) Contunue working out five days a week
3) Portion control
4) Lose 10lbs
04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Here are my goals...no more baggy clothes for me! Last summer was enough! I'm GOING to lose this weight by the end of the summer!
1.) Circuit Training 4 days a week
2.) C25K Program 3 days a week
3.) Pilates 3 days a week
4.) Eat Clean EVERY day, with 3-4 cheat days for the month
5.) Ease my way off Mountain Dew
6.) Lose 6-8 pounds
7.) Get into size 7-9 (currently 9-11, it varies at each store)
Let's do this!
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
my may goals are as follows
1. work out 3-4 days a week for atleast 30-45min
2. try to get to bed early enough so i can wake up early to workout
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
As I am on a "restart"
My monthly goals are
1.) Really get started (make a plan)
2.) Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week
3.) Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4.) Conciously think about what goes in my mouth
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm SATISFIED.
3 times circuit training per week.
At least 5 times cardio/strength DVD per week.(will be adding 3 times pilates per week soon)
64+ oz of water a day.
LiLi Gettin Thin
04-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Oooo...this is the first monthy goals I've set for myself! How exciting!
My goals for May:
1.) 30-45 minutes exercise at least 5 times a week
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily
3.) Regulate my snacks better
04-30-2008, 07:32 AM
1) at least 300 min exercise/week.
2) Stay on plan.
3) eat every 3 hrs during the day
4) drink between 64 and 72 oz water/day
5) eat Yogurt 3x/day
6) take Multi-vitamin daily
04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
my may goals are
1) to have lost 7lbs by the end of may (hopefully)
2) to have succeeded in my first and second challenges. (work out 6 times in 2 week and to have lost 6lbs)
3) to have booked my holiday and feel alot better about the future.
04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
my may goals
1)start weight training
2) drinking at least 64 oz. of water
3) stop eating out so much
04-30-2008, 10:32 AM
humm, may goals..
1. more water, I think I get about 48 oz a day. i dunno, thats why it's a goal
2. stick with the calorie counting.
3. I'd really like to see 180-185 on the scale on weigh day 7.1 If not thats ok, I know that I am doing my best, the rest is up to time and my body.
i like this carrott :carrot: he has a gap in his teeth ^_^
04-30-2008, 02:24 PM
My May goals are:
stick to my calories (1600) EVERY day (except the 9th when i am going to a wedding, but i will be cautious then)
eat more protein
go to the gym at least 4x/week (preferably more, but since i haven't been in 2 weeks due to being sick, i have to build back up to my 7days/week schedule again)
lose 5lbs (more is better, but i'm gonna be happy with 5)
By the end of May I want to reach 70 pounds lost (more than half my overall goal)
04-30-2008, 03:54 PM
May Goals for Me: (I just started...that's why there are so many! hehe)
> Go to bed early, wake up early
> Start squeezing in time for exercise EVERYDAY (at least 30 mins/day)
> Absolutely NO fast food
> Take my kids on a walk 3-4 times a week
> Buy a treadmill & free weights
> Download more music on my MP3 player to workout to
> Stick with my VERY low carb diet (eat lean meat & greens)
> Lay off the SWEET tea...drink more WATER!!!
> Rid my house of candy, sweets, chips & white carbs
> Enjoy the outdoors more instead of watching TV
> Lose 10 POUNDS!!! (I have lost 2.6 lbs in 2 days...I KNOW I can do it!)
I desperately want to be in the 170's by the end of the month. I will be satisfied with any loss though. Good luck to everyone! We can do this! :yes:
04-30-2008, 08:52 PM
My goals for MAY!:
1)Not take more than 2 days off in row from exercise (more than 2 always turns into a week and a half for me!! :o))
2)Lose 5 pounds
3)Navigate wisely through all the freaking birthdays and the subsequent birthday dinners/parties I will be attending AND BAKING FOR this month!
4)Most importantly, keep trying in June even if i fail miserably at #1-3. ;)
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, today is my first day registered, may as well start it off with some goal setting!
1) 1400 minutes of exercise
2) 7 lbs.
3) No deep fried food! No fast food!:devil:
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone meet their goals!!!!!!:cheer:
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
My monthly goal is short and sweet! I want to finally lose those last 5 lbs and move into maintenance!
05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Ok, heres what I've come up with:
I'd like to get down to 145. I've kinda stalled out at 149, the scale will hit 148 and then the next day its back at 149...*sigh*...really anything lower than 149 will make me happy.
I want to work out at least 4 times a week, preferably 5 or 6, but no less than 4.
I want to be able to do 'program 6' on the stair climber for 30 minutes (I've been at 3 and 4 forever, I did 5 yesterday with no problems for 20 minutes, so getting to 6 for 30 minutes would be great!)
I want to fit into the size 9/10 pants in my closet, I can get in them, I just can't zip them.
05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
My May Goals:
1) Workout 3-4 times a week
2) Plan my meals more often
3) Keep to 1,500 to 1,600 calories
4) Smile and not be to hard on myself. I am only human.
05-05-2008, 10:08 AM
My Goals for May:
1 - To loose 8lb and reach my Ultimate Goal....
2 - To continue not consuming alcohold (managed since crimbo eve!)....
3 - To consume three portions of fruit a day....
4 - To exercise at least an hour a day....
5 - Ideally drop to a size 12 bottom (but I cant see that happening!)....
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Improve my 1.5 mile time - would love it if I can get it down to 12 and a half minutes (obviously aiming for nine ultimately though!)
Hit 154lbs (again)
Grow my nails