Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Unhappy need some love...

Ok, hubby and I just went out for our anniversary dinner and ... well... I ate more than I should have. I normally have 1500 calories a day and I know that today I had at least 2000. So I am really really bummed... I need some words of encouragement.. or tell me of situations where you have done this so I don't feel like the worlds biggest loser (and not in the good "weight" loser kind of way)...
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

don't feel down about that! getting to an anniversary is such an awesome thing and you deserved to celebrate. all you need to do is feel hopeful that tomorrow you are going to get back on the horse. glitches and bumps are natural. what matters most is what you do after the glitch or the bump!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #3  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

500 calories? Pshhh. If it was a regular thing it might be a problem but you're fine. That's nothing. You'll work that off in no time. Just eat cleanly and drink lots of water for the next few days and it won't even be a blip on your radar. Everyone has the odd day where they eat a little more for one reason or another. I've had days where I've overeaten on "healthy" foods simply because I was just really hungry. You don't even notice it the next day. It's not like you ate double your calories in junk. You just start back on plan right away and it'll be like it never happened soon enough.

P.s. Did you have a nice anniversary?
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hrm, there was that entire week & a half in December when I stopped tracking... Here I am in April, so things turned out alright

It might be a little disappointing that you planned for 1,500 but went up to 2,000. But what do calorie counters say your maintenance level calories are? About 2,000 a day? So, maybe today you just ate "maintenance" level calories instead of weigh loss calories.

Either way, it was a special occassion. You won't eat like this every day. Back on track tomorrow!

Did you enjoy your time out?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/176/140

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes "they" say it is good to trick your body by eating more calories so maybe you will lose and it will all be good. Like everyone else said, you made it to another anniversary and that is worth the extra 500 calories. Congratulations!
CallaLily2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Don't let that get to you... On Thursdays, I have a meeting at work and the Team Leader and other agents like to get Thai food... My WEAKNESS!! Whenever I get Pad Thai with them, I finish it all.. the dinner portion, too, which is A LOT! Well...now I try not to.. or even when I do, I eat enough to satisfy me and put the rest out of my sight. And I'm still here. =)
Just pick up where you left off. It's better than get depressed and upset and going back to your old way, you know?
And I know you will do great! Just picture yourself how you are going to look next year! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #7  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar87 View Post
500 calories? Pshhh.
totally.. especially on your anniversary!

hop on the treadmill, watch Shawn of the dead (which is excellent to workout too BTW) and call it a day.

congrats to you and DH!
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #8  
I will do this.

I recently slipped off the plan for 4 days and it now I am dusting myself off and getting back on AND my brothers wedding is on saturday and I will more than likely just not worry that day and more than likely drink too much wine.

And you did way better than I ever could of going only 500 calories beyond...esp. if there was bread and wine!!

I think you are just fine - and sometimes you need to have a meal off - we can't be perfect all the time.

However, I totally agree with water. After my steps side ways I totally hit the water bottle and dropped 2 pounds of water in one day! But don't drink too much water - it will flush essential vitamins and minerals.

I think you did amazing for a special night out! 500 calories is nothing not a big deal. It takes 3, 500 calories to equal a pound.

Hope you had a beautiful night and congrats to you and your hubby!

I would be proud if I only went over 500 calories on a special day!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Since it was your aniversary you probably just burned the extra calories off later in the night

don't beat yourself up about it, just move on. One of the keys to weight loss is to "expect failure" you will not eat perfectly for the rest of your life..knowing how to move on after an occasional fluke is the key.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #10  
I will do this.

Hahah Catherine I love that response!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #11  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Since it was your aniversary you probably just burned the extra calories off later in the night

That was pretty much the greatest thing I have heard all day!

Last edited by CandyKisses0204; 04-30-2008 at 06:10 PM.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

NOT the end of the world!! If this is to be a healthy change for life then these things will happen. Anniversaries happen, holidays happen, birthdays happen. Life happens. Eating (sometimes overeating) is a part of life. Eating slightly more for such a celebratory occasion is entirely understandable and doesn't even need forgiveness. You have not sinned, you have not "messed up" you have (hopefully) had a fabulous day and you should not get bummed out by such a small matter. Don't worry, ENJOY!! And Congrats on your Anniversary!!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote