View Poll Results: What is your favorite reality TV Show? (past or present)
Survivor 5 33.33%
Amazing Race 1 6.67%
Real World 4 26.67%
The Mole 1 6.67%
Other 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 04:08 AM   #1  
Canadian Chick

Default Survivor Thursday

I;m hoping today will be better than yesterday. I am still not feeling well. In fact I'm up at 2:48 am because I haven't went to sleep yet due to a migraine & upset tummy. My headache is mostly gone but I still am nauseaus If it doesn't settle soon I might have to call in sick tomorrow. The past few days I've been living on Buckley's trying to keep this cold from coming on but it just seems to be getting worse. Soory for complaining....

So far this week I've managed to eat within my points everyday but just barely. Tuesday we ate out for lunch & yesterday we ate out for supper. Fortunately I was smart enough to eat soup for my other meal to keep my points in check. We've been so busy that we just haven't had time to prepare decent meals. When I go too long between eating I get the shakes really bad, along with a headache & faint feeling. When I was little my Dr told my Mom I might have hypoglycemia but these things keep getting worse & more frequent & sometimes the early symptoms for diabetes can be like that. I know they say if you're excessively thirsty that a major sign of diabetes but I don't usually ever feel thirsty because I make sure I'm constantly drinking water to get in my daily intake. Can't remember where I read this but the whole 8 8oz glass thing is based on a person with average height & weight & there was a formula to figure out what you should be drinking for your current height & weight & for me it was over 4L. Anyway so I don't know how my thirst actually is. Anyway I have my yerlky physical April 4th so I'm going to talk to my Dr. then & see if maybe she could send me for blood tests (as fun as that is).

Exciting news (well what I consider exciting) Yesterday we finally bought ourselves a blender! I have been wanting one for ages but my frugal DF never thought we should spend the money on it. Then for some reason all of a sudden he decided that he really is tired of breakfast foods & should have smoothies for breaky! Yay! We bought it & stopped at the grocery store on the way home for ingredients & made smoothies right away! It was so good. I can't wait til we make the next ones YUM!

If any of you Canadians are Survivor fans you should go to OutterLimits.com because they have this awesome free Survivor pool where you pick the final five & predict for each week & you can wina whole bunch of really awesome prizes. I don't know if you're familiar with Outter Limits but they sell really awesome outter wear & shoes & hiking/camping stuff. Anyway you have to register by noon CST today. I meant to post it earlier but forgot! Its only open to Canadian Residents sorry everyone else. I'm looking forward to Surivivor tonight-looks like that chick with the knockers tries to get with that Rob dude! Survivor meets Temptation Island? I'm even more excited for Amazing Race 2! It starts Monday & is THE BEST reality show. If you didn't watch it the first time make sure you check it out this time round! Did anyone see that reality show No Boundaries on Sunday? It takes place totally in Canada along the coast of BC but half of the contestants are american. It looks pretty interesting.

Anyway I've blabbed on long enough I know. I read all of the posts I missed the past coupld of days but I can't remember too much right now! Sorry! Maybe if I had some sleep I'd do better. Anyway talk to you all later when you wake up Hope you all have a great day! Hopefully I can get some sleep soon!

-Rina
Old 03-07-2002, 08:47 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hello everyone, esp those who haven't posted in a while. where are you and what are you up to?!
i heard the US version of big brother didn't go down too well (just like the UK survivor wasn't liked much over here) but i loved big brother!! and the 3rd one is going to be on soon, possibly with another celebrity one for charity.
rina - i hope you're feeling better. i've got a v sore head right now, woke up with it. i've thrown ibuprofen at it but might go home early if it doesn't go away.
kim - how are your allergies doing?
jess - i hope you have a better day at work today.
lori - good to see you! hope the move goes well.
kt - well done on your loss!! and hope you find somewhere nice to rent. house prices in london are astronomical. where we live is really nice but would cost £250,000 to buy (at least) whereas we pay £1000 a month to rent. which is still pricey, but cheap for where it is! by the way, it's only a 1-bed garden flat, a decent sized house would be over a million for sure. i'm never going to own anywhere. unless i move back to scotland.
anyhow. just how much ice cream was i eating before?! i think the answer must have been a lot because in the past 2 weeks i've lost 6 pounds!! for the first few weeks when i got back on track i didn't see much joy on the scales, but it looks like it has finally kicked in! hooray! i'd like to lose another couple pounds and then try to maintain again.
how is everyone else getting on?
kirsty
Old 03-07-2002, 09:17 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning!

Good morning everyone. Just stopping in to say a quick hello and will check back again later (I have a thingy that's due tomorrow that I gotta work on).

Wow, Rina, it sounds like you really enjoy your reality shows. I personally don't watch any... My TV watching consists of Buffy reruns from 5-7 M-F and the Sopranos on Sunday nights... What a boring life I lead. And, if you wanted a blender, you should have asked, I'd have mailed mine to you. I bought it when I was on a smoothie kick and haven't hardly used it since. Maybe I'll start making smoothies again. I bought a whole bunch of frozen strawberries to make them and they're still sitting in the freezer. And I have yogurt... Hmm. I hope you're feeling better--it sounds like you're absolutely miserable, you poor thing.

Kirsty--My day didn't get much better at work yesterday, but after going to the gym I felt so bad for snapping at the two of them that I called them at home and apologized. Things are better today, thankfully.

OK, I gotta get a little bit done here. Will check back later!!
Old 03-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey, I had a smoothy for breakfast!!! I throw in whatever I have at the time. Today it was OJ, small banana, frozen strawberries, and ice. I also added a packet of equal to sweeten it a bit.

I like the Real World and Road Rules on MTV, tho they are kind of dumb. Survivor has lost its flair with me, it has been going downhill in my opinion. I only watched a couple episodes of the Amazing race and it was OK. I am usually doing something else while the TV is on, so I miss bits and pieces of everything.

Things are nuts here at work.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:31 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ladies!

I'm going to try and post these last couple days, but with vacation next week I have A LOT of work to finish up before I go.

Rina - Goodness... I sure hope you feel better. Sounds like you're kicking some WW butt by staying on program even though you went out to dinner a few times. I liked the first two survivors.. but not so much anymore. I LOVE the Real World. MMm, the boys on it this time are so cute!

Kirsty - 6 pounds in two weeks.. I'm so jealous. Good work. I know what you mean about expensive apts. I pay $1575 for a 2-bedroom in Boston. And that's cheep. UGH!

Jess - Good luck with work. Sorry it's not going so well. I'm sure it will get better soon.

Jen - Mmmm. Your smoothis sounds delicous. I never have time in the mornings to do anything like that. I should start doing that on the weekends. HOw many points to those come out to?

So - as for me. I ate my min yesterday (yay, 5 points banked for this weekend so far). I'm pretty psyched about next week.

Gulf Shores - 3 days: I found out it's going to rain most of the time we're at the beach I'm bumming about that.

Long Beach, MS - 3 days: spend time with the family. I called the gym in town and they said I can get a free 3-day pass if I pretend we're looking at joining. The guy on the phone told me to do that, so I don't feel bad.

New Orleans, LA - 3 days: staying at an AWESOME 5* hotel for $40 a night because I have a friend who works there. It's called the W and I checked it out on the web and I can't believe it. They have a gym there too, which is good since I'm planning to eat good stuff (not good for me) while I'm there - at least I can burn some of it off.

I'm pretty bummed that it's going to rain while we're at the beach. But we might read and just relax. OH WELL!

Lisa
Old 03-07-2002, 10:31 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face Hey ladies!

Jen - Sounds like you watch TV like I do. I never sit still long enough to watch an entire show and end up just seeing bits and pieces of whatever I have on. There are only a few things I will sit down long enough to watch straight thru - Sopranos, Six Feet Under and NYPD Blue. But that's about it. I always have too much other stuff I want to get done (and I don't even have a baby - I'm not surprised you can never watch an entire show!)

Kirsty - 6 pounds in 2 weeks???? That is great!!!! Does that mean when you are able to eat ice cream, that you are going to try to limit how much you eat? House prices in Chicago are astronomical, too. If I wanted to buy a 2 bedroom condo (apartment, not even a house) it would cost me approx. $350,000. That is why I rent for now, but we won't even talk about what I pay in rent, as it is more than my sister's mortgage on her 3 floor , 3 bedroom house in the suburbs. It is sad, but I love living in the city and it is just the price I have to pay, I guess.

Jess - Is it you that does the circuit of Life Fitness machines at the gym? I tried a few last night and am so sore today, so I am impressed when you said you sometimes go thru the entire circuit twice!

Rina - I hope you feel better. And that you are able to get some sleep. Congrats on the blender! I have about every kitchen appliance imaginable (bread maker, coffee pot, espresso machine, kitchenaid mixer, etc.) but I don't have a blender. Maybe I need to get one!

I made it to the gym last night after work like I said I would, and even brought my bag to work today to go again tonight!! I am so proud of myself since I have been needing to add some variety to my workouts. Of course, I am carrying the huge duffel bag on the train to work this morning and the train signals were all messed up and it took me over an hour to get to work (I live 5 miles away). I ended up having to transfer to a different train and walk 5 blocks to my office while carrying the giant bag, while normally I get off the train right in front of my building. Ugh. NOT a good way to start the day.
It can only get better from here, right?!

Guess I should go get some work done....
Old 03-07-2002, 10:35 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Lisa....

We were posting at the same time!
I wanted to tell that I have stayed at 2 different W hotels in NYC and they are awesome!!! You will love it. I have also been to one of the 2 that are in Chicago (not to stay, just to go to the bar) and they are also very cool! And I spend $1550 for a 2 bedroom place, so it seems like rent is pretty similar where you are. It sucks, but what can you do?
(good job eating at your minimum yesterday! )
Old 03-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

My smoothy this morning was 4 points. I also make one with yogurt that is 4 points. Use yogurt and some water instead of the OJ. If you don't actually add liquid in the form of fruit juices or whatever, you need to add water otherwise it is way too thick and the blender won't mix it. I put mine in a tall glass, throw a straw in it and drink it on the way to work. Very easy. Tho I must admit that it doesn't hold me over as long as other breakfast do. I just had a small bowl of 0 point veggie soup because I as hungry. But it is 10:45 now, so it is a normal snack time.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Rina: I hope you feel better!

Jess: Wow about your leader, what an a$$. First of all our size should never change how someone feels about us and those comments were grossly inappropriate. It's that kind of thinking that your leader has that leads many woman (and men sometimes too) to have low self-esteem.

Kirsty: Aren't they doing 100 year mortgages now in Britain. ITA housing prices are insane, my grans house in Wimbledon is fairly small and it would most likely sell for about $1 million canadian!!

Lisa: Have tons of fun on your vacation!!

JenK: My roomate thought it was strange because I went to the gym at 10:30pm last night. I am totally back on track with my exercise and I am reaping the benefits from it in droves. My muscles are showing more and more and my clothes are getting looser again.

Jen-L: Mmmmmmm smoothies mmmmmmmmmm

I have been on a total health kick as of late. Eek, I have to go take care all!

Ali
Old 03-07-2002, 11:58 AM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hi all,

I'm up already b/c some idiot phoned to do a survey. I only had three hours Unfortunately once I'm awake I'm awake. I still feel crappy. My headache is back to migraine strength Stomach still not good & my throat feels so raw plus the best past of all I have a huge cold sore I'm going to bum around all day. The weird thing is my stomach feels less nauseaus when I'm sitting up. I don't think ever in my life that has been the case. Very strange. Its DF's day off & when I woke up he had left so that he wouldn't make too much noise. He left me a note saying when he comes home he'll bring me some movies & ginger ale for my tummy. What a sweetie. The day can only get better from here.

You guys should all move to Saskatchewan. It is one of the cheapest places in Canada to live. Saskatoon is one of the more costly places & we pay only $585 Canadian for a two-bedroom apartment with full amenities & our apartment backs onto a park/golf course. Condos run around 110,000 to 150,000. Houses range widely but you can get a decent house for 150,000. There are beautiful brand new houses with 3,000 sq. feet that run around 350,000-400,000 but they are like small mansions & are all in gated communities. In the small town where I grew up houses are super cheap! My Mom's 3 bedroom house that is about 20 years old is worth about 50,000 & that's only because the market is up right now! When it comes to real estate small towns kick butt for buyers. In May we're moving & hoping to rent a house which will only run us about $650/month. That's one really great thing about living here-its affordable to live wherever you want.

Kirsty-hoooray on your loss! That's huge! We all knew ice cream is evil. but no one wants to admit that is quite so bad as that! I hope your headache is gone & you';re feeling better.

Jess, that takes major guts to call someone & admit you're in the wrong. I'm impressed. Hope things at work are better today. Would you believe I have yet to ever watch an episode of Buffy? We used to have cable so we got it but it was on at the same time as something else I always watched. Now no more cable, no more buffy & I'm still clueless about it.

JenL, your smoothie sounds tasty! The ones we made last night had pineapple, kiwi, fat free frozen vanilla yogurt, ice, & a tsp of honey. They were so tasty! Hope with work being so busy it makes your day go by really fast.

JenK, good work on getting to the gym yesterday. After all that work of carrying your gym bag today you have to use it to make it worth all the fuss.

Lisa, good work on eating your minimum yesterday! Keep it up. Don't worry about the weather. You know half og the time they're wrong inthet're predictions anyway. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think it will. You'll have a good time anyway because you won't be at work & you're away from responsiblity for a little bit. That always feels good

Hi to everyone else. Hope that you're all dong great. Talk to you later.

Rina
Old 03-07-2002, 12:39 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Ali: What kind of gym do you belong to that it's open at 10:30 p.m.? You're so lucky! I wish my gym was open later. I belong to the Y, cuz it's cheaper than all the other places, but they close at 9. I am not a morning person, and I'd rather work out at night. But on a normal day, I leave work between 7 and 8. I was going to Pilates class at 7:30 on Mondays, which was perfect, but they went and changed it to 6 on Thursdays. Who gets out of work at 6? Not me, anyway. I was pretty steamed.

Somehow, I need to make myself find time to get to the gym.

Rina: I often will get nauseous and faint if I go too long in between meals. I think some people need to keep their blood sugar elevated more frequently. But if you are worried about diabetes, you should go to the doctor to get checked out. Just for your own peace of mind.

Talking about cheap places to live ... Roanoke ain't bad. I pay $650 a month for a 3-bedroom house. Granted, it's a little shabby, but prices here are generally reasonable. I mostly had trouble finding a place because no one would allow my dogs. What is with people and dogs? Hopefully next year I'll be able to buy a house. If BF doesn't propose soon, he's outta here and I'll do it on my own!

On reality shows: Don't like 'em. I prefer watching the Discovery Channel. There are a few shows a week I try to always watch: Six Feet Under, the West Wing, Alias and I still watch Friends, if I'm home from work on time. And does anyone ever watch Iron Chef on the Food Channel? That show cracks me up.

On smoothies: My fave smoothie-making place just starting posting nutritional info. The smallest smoothie, with sherbert, not frozen yogurt, is 7 points! So last time I got one I only drank half. I used to make them at home but my blender doesn't work very well. I need a new one. You never really realize the usefulness of a good blender.

Well, time to scrounge some lunch. Hi to everyone!

p/s I still have cramps. Blah. But I did remember to take an allergy pill.

Last edited by kimobi; 03-07-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone, I got another chance to hop on line today!

Kirsty - WOW! I had no idea how expensive things were in London - I guess I should be greatful - we can probably find a 2 bedroom basement suite for around $600 Cnd - which is next to nothing American but I don't know about UK currency (I can't find the cool symbol in my computer)

Kim - I wish we could find what you've got, of course it would be about $1000 in Cnd money so I guess we have similar prices as you do. Right now we're hoping to find somewhere we can have some sort of workshop.

MMMMM Smoothies. I had a dream last night that I had my jaw wired shut and all I could eat were smoothies - strange.

Reality TV - The Mole was AMAZING! Although I really liked the Amazing race too, I cried when they took the 2nd mole off the air. Now I have no TV so it's not even an issue.

OK - I have to go get something to eat - I'm thinking a nice veggie sandwich - Hopefully there's not a very long line up.

Have a great day everyone!
KT
Closed Thread