Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Activity Pts & Flex pts

Hello everyone,
I have a question for all of you. I get a decent amount of exercise and I use almost all of my AP pts (approx. 20 per week), but I'm finding that if I dip into any flex pts, I'm not losing any weight. I am really struggling right now because I only get 20 pts per day. I want to use my flex pts sometimes, but don't feel like I can for fear of a gain. I'm down to my last 12 lbs - unless I can stomach the thought of going further - and I am really having a hard time taking it off. The last 5lbs have been ****. With 12 more to go, I'm getting a bit concerned.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am very comfortable where I'm at with my weight right now, but I've made it this far and I'd kind of like to see it through. I know that I will not be able to cut my points a ton in order to see the loss because being able to eat and still lose is what's gotten me this far.

What am I doing wrong to not be able to eat or have extras during the week? Do you think, this is simply my body saying "enough?" Are some people only able to go so far then it's done?
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

You're getting closer & closer to goal. So of course the first thing that comes to mind is the fact that it gets harder to lose the weight, the closer we are to our goal.

I don't want to sound discouraging, but even though the last 5 lbs have been ****, well... the next 12 may also be ****.

The next thing that comes to mind is that you say you're comfortable at this weight. Well, is this a healthy weight that you could see maintaining for the long term? How about just for a couple of months? There's always the option of choosing to maintain for 3-6 months, and then getting back into the weight loss.

I know that for some people on 3FC, when they added in more calories while trying to maintain they have lost weight.

I know you tried Core for a few, but decided it wasn't for you. I'm not sure if you've tried something like the Wendie Plan. (I found for me it breaks up my points during the week quite nicely.) Have you thought about not using your AP and instead just using points from your FP when you need them?

There are a lot of possibilities here. At some point, though, our bodies will decide what is the lowest weight that is possible (while still being healthy).
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  
Kim

You know, I am comfortable at this weight, but after coming so far, I'd really like to make it to goal. Not to mention that if I don't get at least these last 12 lbs off I can't make Lifetime with WW and I have to keep paying.

Do you have any idea approximately how many points people get in the maintenance phase? I definately want to make this doable for me. If I have to be too restrictive at a lower weight, I'd rather stay where I'm at.

So many questions to ponder...
Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I don't know exactly.

I know it ends up being an experiment to see where the member is comfortable & doesn't gain or lose to much.

There are a few people who are maintainers/have been maintainers... I'd love to know, too.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Oh! Is there any way you might be able to get a doctor's opinion? I know that with notification from a doctor that you're at a healthy weight that you can be a lifetime member.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I got a note from my doctor for 150, which is about 7 lbs. over my WW goal. She said that was the top of a healthy BMI for my height (5' 3.5"). I still want to shoot for my WW goal, but I don't want the added stress if I can't make it. I go back and forth every day about thinking I can lose more or not

Do you eat the same thing every day? I fall into that habit myself quite often, I could eat the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day, DH keeps me from doing that, especially at dinner. He's always like, chicken again we just had chicken last night..

Anyhow, if you eat the same things, you can develop kind of an immunity, what worked before doesn't work anymore, so you have to change things up. Some people change the amounts they eat at each meal, like eating a bigger meal earlier in the day, like for lunch or breakfast instead of dinner.

good luck, definitely don't eat too little, and make sure when you're figuring your activity points that you're figuring them correctly, I'm surprised at the difference my weight has made in figuring them.

best of luck and on your success so far!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  
Madilynsmommy

S/C/G: 187/150/135

Height: 5'4

I am in the same boat you are, I have 5 more pounds to go and I have been exercising more and more and still no more weight lost on the scale. It is very frustrating I have come this far, and not saying it was a breeze, but it was not as hard as I imagined it would have been. But now, as my WW leader said "you are getting to the HARD LARD" It is going to be harder for you because your body is at the point now where it is not going to come off as easy. It is crazy for me to think that almost a year ago, I would never have imagined being stressed over a small 5 pounds to be happy. The road was long then and I am sure it was the same for you. Congratualations on your success so far, I wish I had the answers but know that you are not the only one with this problem.
roleypolycoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #8  
Kim

Thanks you guys. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. This board is so awesome!