Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

Default Am I bad?

I had 26 points left after breakfast. For lunch I was celebrating a reward at work and I decided it would be safe for me to have pizza every once in a while. i have 4 square pieces and a small slice of apple pie. I now feel like boat and also like a fat cow.Yes, I have 35 weekly points that I never use, but I feel like a loser. Am i bad??
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

MCheyenne, you know you're not bad You're allowed to use those flex points, and to indulge occasionally will keep your desire to binge eat at bay. Rather than depriving yourself, it's good that you're letting yourself have what you want occasionally. Count your points and move on!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

No, you're human. You're normal.

People associate so much guilt with things like pizza and pie and whatnot. We can't keep assigning moral values to something so simple as food. Food is food is food. No particular kind of food is good or bad; people aren't good or bad for eating certain foods. Of course, from a nutritional perspective, some food is good and some is bad. Pizza and apple pie lean towards the bad end of the spectrum. But it doesn't make YOU bad for eating them.

You made a choice with how to spend your points. You now feel like it was the wrong choice. So move forward knowing that next time there's a party you will maybe only have one piece of pizza and a bite of apple pie. Write it down, move on with your day, move on with your week.

What you eat does not determine who you are or your self-worth or ANYTHING about you. Realize that weight loss and true change takes place over the course of thousands of decisions. This journey does not hinge on this one decision you made. If anything, encounters like this can really help us if we pay attention. Pay attention to how you feel now. Reflect on how you might have done it differently. Plan for next time based on these reflections. Your experiences can be quite a powerful educational tool if you choose to use them that way.

You're doing great, you've lost 40 pounds! Put your lunch behind you and just move on.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

What they said!

You are not "bad". Nor is food "bad". Food is just food. People are just people. How much & what we consume can at times be unhealthy, but we're not worse human beings for it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #5  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

It's ok! A special reward every now then is definately ok! Just so long as it doesn't turn into EVERY day!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

You're doing great. We have to learn how to have pizza and apple pie once in awhile, it's not like for the rest of our lives we're never going to eat this or that. We have to learn what to do and how to recover from lapses. Not saying that you had a lapse! You know what you had and you accounted for it. Keeping track of what you've eaten is half the battle.

We have to be wary of expecting too much perfection from ourselves and giving ourselves an opportunity to quit. That "fat chick" isn't going to go down easy. She's going to try and reassert herself occasionally and we have to learn to deal with it.

Listen to what these great ladies are telling you and keep up the good work! Best to you

Last edited by kelijpa; 04-29-2008 at 09:29 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

What they said! You aren't 'bad'. I do know, however, what you are feeling.

After researching all sorts of weight loss programs, I picked WW Flex because I 'can' have that pizza or pie as long as I eat it in moderation. This program isn't about denial, but about changing your views of food and what is healthy for you. I know that I am going to want that pizza favorite Mexican dish or chocolate bar, and with Flex I can. Because I can, I don't feel like I 'cheated', messed up, or am bad because I did. With other diets that I tried, I was 'bad' if I did that.

I had a difficult time my first week wrapping my mind around that, and everyone here helped me overcome that way of thinking. I was worried about drinking my coffee with my favorite creamer which would be 3 points.. lol I think it was suite who posted something like, "Why are you worried? Work that favorite thing into your daily points and you will be ok!" You have your daily points and your FPs to use.. so if you want that pizza and or pie every now and then it is ok! Just don't overdo - moderation is the key!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote