South Beach Diet - South Beach Diet SuperCharged.

View Full Version : South Beach Diet SuperCharged.

spcdcider
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
On you tube someone has already posted the workouts to go with the new book. I have been doing WW with good progress, but I have decided to switch to South Beach. I find myself caught up into looking for those low point sweet snacks. Has anyone gotten the new book yet? Also does anyone know of any challenges for South Beachers using the nike +?
Kathy

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I just got the SBD Supercharged book from the library. I'm interested in reading it.

What is the Nike +?

spcdcider
04-28-2008, 10:19 AM
zeffryn, I am glad you were able to get yours from the library. I am going out today. The nike + is a sensor made to go in your nike shoe but there are now shoe lace holders so you do not have to get the special shoes. It keeps track of your miles and you can have online challenges that you can join or set up with people you know. It also is made to work with an ipod nano or an armband they now have.
Sorry for the long response.

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 10:28 AM
It's fine.

I've heard of that. It sounds really great. I had just bought a pedometer/calorie counter watch before those came out.

I haven't really followed the SB recommended workouts...although I might start now that I have the supercharged book. I've always just stuck by my thought of MOVING for at least a half hour every day....more like an hour. Whether it's running, swimming, walking.....something to get me moving. The Nike + sounds like a great tool, and should integrate really well into the SBD workouts.

I'm checking them out on youtube right now. Thanks for the hint!

Lindy87
04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I got an email today that my preordered copy from Amazon was shipped today. I am looking forward to reading the new book. I need to get my butt in gear and get back to losing weight and feeling heathy.

ladybugnessa
04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
ugh mine is not scheduled to ship till may 19th!

Kim_Star060404
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Mine shipped on Friday, so it should be at the post office tomorrow afternoon. Yippee!

ladybugnessa
04-29-2008, 09:12 AM
stupid stupid stupid me

i cancelled the pre-order thinking i could order it and get it sooner
i ordered it. got charged MORE money and now it's coming LATER!

Schmoodle
04-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I never did pre-order, so I think I'll just try to pick one up at the bookstore.

ladybugnessa
04-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I never did pre-order, so I think I'll just try to pick one up at the bookstore.

i will try that today and if i can get it I will cancel with amazon. oy i am pissed.

Pink Penguin
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Has there been any changes to the foods to enjoy/avoid lists in the new book?

Ruthxxx
04-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I haven't got my book either. If there are any new foods added, could someone let me know so I can update our Phase I and II stickies? Thanks.

ladybugnessa
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
just got it..will check it out when i get back from my errand..

zeffryn
04-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I got an email on Friday that the library had it. I must be the first person to be checking it out.

I definitely need to get to a photocopier and get to copying some tips before I have to return these books :)

little chick
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I just ordered mine today and the dvd as well. Mine is due in the 20th of May. Wish I did not have to wait that long.

ladybugnessa
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
starting my compilation for my board... will send you a copy Ruth as it happens.

tdiprincess
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I will probably go to the library for mine and read it... So why did you decide fully to switch from WW to SB? My inlaws swear by WW, but they don't always eat overly healthy? And they complain they're poor, but they pay for WW meetings every week... LOL..
Anyhow, welcome to the SB!! You'll love it here!! :)

Kim_Star060404
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Mine is sitting right in front of me. Too bad I have class tonight. I'll have to read it tomorrow after work. I did already flip through it and saw some strength training moves illustrated. Can't wait to get into it!

spcdcider
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
tdprincess, thank you for the welcome. I am chosing to switch over , I mean no offense but is seems like most of the time on WW I am finding myself getting caught up on the hunt for the great low point snack. I do not want that as my emphasis. It works but I can see where I can get in trouble.
I got my book today at Sams. Kathy

pamatga
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
i just placed a hold on a copy and I should be getting it within a few days. I never thought to look there. I am not expecting any big surprises not by how the subtitle reads" lose weight faster".

I have lost 22 lbs since January 1st on this. Not as fast as I would have liked but they are off. I had two solid weeks of being way off the plan so I guess all in all it was a good overall lose.

As for the difference between WW and SB since I have been on both. WW is good but when I was counting points I was eating more grains than I really needed or my body could handle and it was stalling my weight lose. I would think that the Core plan would be good though.

GONNABE165
05-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I bought the book lastnight and plan on doing a complete read of it over the weekend

zeffryn
05-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Pamatga - I had the same problem on WW. I was within my points, but the types of food I was eating wasn't the right types of food to stimulate weightloss. I lost a few lbs. but nothing monumental.

Gymrat128
05-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Pamatgo: I've checked out the WW core plan. In some ways it seems even more restrictive than P1 does.

No nuts, only ff dairy (which means only ff cheeses....YUK!), no lunchmeats.

They do allow fruit, but for me this plan makes more sense. I have bloodsugar issues and fruit is not as helpful for a snack as some nuts or peanut butter.

Zeffryn: Which recipes would you recommend out of the first SBD cookbook? I got a copy from my library and a lot of the recipes look good. I'm looking for recipes for all meals and snacks.

Thanks! :dizzy:

cottagebythesea
05-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Gymrat128, you can find some great recipes for Phase 1 meals and snacks in our recipe section, here on the forum. ;) They are tried and true, and you can read the comments from others about how they liked the recipe.

zeffryn
05-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Pamatgo: I've checked out the WW core plan. In some ways it seems even more restrictive than P1 does.

No nuts, only ff dairy (which means only ff cheeses....YUK!), no lunchmeats.

They do allow fruit, but for me this plan makes more sense. I have bloodsugar issues and fruit is not as helpful for a snack as some nuts or peanut butter.

Zeffryn: Which recipes would you recommend out of the first SBD cookbook? I got a copy from my library and a lot of the recipes look good. I'm looking for recipes for all meals and snacks.

Thanks! :dizzy:

Oh man, there are so many good ones. I'll give you our favorites :)

Our absolute favorite would probably be the beef kebabs with peanut sauce. followed by Chicken Mole and coconut chicken. The caribbean baked chicken with mango is good, but make sure to season the chicken a bit before you add the mixture, or it can get a little bland. Chicken Capri is good, but I've made a few adjustments. Chicken and Eggplant casserole is great to make and freeze. Souffle stuffed chicken is EASY and delish. The steak dishes are all excellent, although we tend to use sirloin instead of tenderloin (who can afford eating tenderloin every night?) Sage and Rosemary pork is really good and elegant.

Honestly, I haven't tried any of the recipes in any of the books and didn't enjoy it. I make little substitutions or additions to suit our tastes, but the general idea is still there and they have all been fabulous.