100 lb. Club - Exercisers check in here! April 28th - May 4th

fiberlover
04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
This thread is open to anyone and everyone who wants to post!

Welcome to a new week!
Post any exercise you do for the day, cheer on others and get some motivation to get moving!

This thread was so great last week! Tons of activity, a few 5Ks and lots of fun!

findingfawn
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Morning everyone!

This morning I did the 3mi WATP... I know I'm boring..lol.

Hope everyone has a great week!

MamaToTomAndAlex
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
So, I've been off the wagon for a couple of weeks and I stared The Biggest Loser Challenge here yesterday and am officially... I hope.... back on the wagon!

This morning I went back to the gym for the first time in two weeks and ran for 16 minutes at 5mph, and walked for 14 minutes at 3.2mph. Total distance was 2.10 miles. I'd like to build up to 3 miles, but I'm taking my time. :) I'm finding if I push myself too hard I feel like I'm failing if I don't progress.... so I'm just going to let it happen.

:)

Parveen
04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I didnt work out on the weekend, so back on the wagon today! I will do one hour Jari Love, time flys when I am workign out with her. And then aim to do a workout evey night. Weekends too!
Good Luck to everybody!

CandyKisses0204
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Actually got up and worked out vefore work today! WOOHOO
15 min stretching
10 min on the bike
30 min weights
35 min on elliptical
10 min cool down YAY! (i usually cant seem yo get myself out of bed eary to go to the gym in the morning)

xGurlyGrlx
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Hello everyone!
I FINALLY got out the bike and pumped up the tires. My bf and I went for a bike ride today. I haven't been in like, I dunno, 10 years?!?! Well, I was totally wiped out after 15 mins...haha.:o Pathetic! Kind of hard to believe. I thought I was building my stamina...I can walk miles and jog a little. My legs felt like jell-o on that bike...hehe. I will continue and just increase my time every ride.

We also got out the Rollerblades for about 5 minutes. I loved to Rollerblade when I was younger and now I know what my mom felt like when we convinced her to try it. I was so out of whack on them. It's as if I have never done it before.
Fawn - you are not boring! I walk all the time too. It's convenient and I have a doggie that needs to get out! I really like Leslie on WATP. She keeps me motivated! I will be walking a mile or so tonight as well.:D

fiberlover
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi all! Was at a conference all day today, just go back. I snuck away at lunch and used the fitness center at the hotel to walk on the treadmill for half an hour. Not much, but at least it was something! Going to have to do that the next couple of days.

FB
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
What else? The crazy dog and I hit the bricks, walked 17 blocks to a friend's house for a glass of water and then headed back. 3 miles even. We tackled the big hills again.

Great job everyone! Lori it's wonderful you're able to get in some exercise time. Fawn, if you're boring I am too! Gurly- love rollerblading, but I'd kill myself on our cobblestone streets. Candykisses- that's a great workout! Good job Kerry, running is some hard work!

suzie76
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi,

I did Leslie Sansone's two mile Faith Walk (came with her latest book) I hope to do yoga later.

Great job everyone!
Sherry

kellsua
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone,
Last night I biked for about 40 minutes and 6 miles. This morning I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes and tonight I am walking with a freind for 3 miles.
Have a great day.
Kellsua

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar011/slider-but3/lb/308/180/304/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

fiberlover
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone!
Still at the conference. I snuck away again and did Week 4 Day 3 of C25K on the treadmill. I normally run that outside so it was interesting actually doing it on a treadmill!
One more day of this conference....whew.

FB
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Hello everyone!

WOOO! I biked our city's bike trail this evening for 10.16 miles according to my GPS. It's the first time I've biked outdoors in 13 YEARS! It was wonderful. Loved it. The trail is great, one of those trails that's an old railway. Wandered through parks, neighborhoods and fields. HRM says 853 calories- yeah!

I also biked the crazy dog for about 1 mile until he was wiped out. I didn't want him to think I forgot about him, poor guy.

jay41
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
got out this morning and did a brisk 30 minute walk. Did a 90 minute tai chi class this evening for a fun-filled 120 minutes of total movement today. I don't think I've moved this much in years...

cynnymynn
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Me too! Me too! I've done twenty minutes of yoga every morning this week, and--sound the trumpets!--last night I dragged out my trusty-dusty free weights and did the workout from "Strong Women Stay Young" for the first time in ages. :carrot: I have to thank the gals who responded to my "In a Bad Place in My Head" post for helping me get OUT of my head and ON to the exercise mat!

findingfawn
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi ladies... I am having a heck of a time keeping up with the board since TBL challenge started.. sorry.

I have been doing the WATP 3mi this week.. and will probably do it all week long. FB... I'm so proud of you for going out on that bike trail.. sounds like fun!!

kellsua
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone !!!
I did a 3 mile walk last night & will again tonight! I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 4pounds....doing the happy dance...SO I KNOW, COUNTING MY CALORIES, BEING HONEST WITH MYSELF AND GETTING IN PLENTY OF EXERCISE IT CAN BE DONE !!!

Have a great day.
Kellsua

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar011/slider-but3/lb/308/180/304/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Smiling_Sara
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Boy how I'm trying to get better at excersize. Did 30 minutes of walking and 10 minutes of weights yesterday and today. I wish I got out of work earlier so I don't get home so late and then have to shower.

FB
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Kellusa- kick butt! You've had some rocking workouts and the scale is proving it!

Borntofly- I exercise late as well, just got home at 9:00. Yikes!

Thanks for the encouragement Fawn! I too love WATP and do it in inclement weather. It's amazing how time flies with those DVDs, love 'em.

Same bike ride tonight, only I pushed myself harder- HRM claims a whopping 938 calories burned! Yahoo! Hubby rode along with son in a bike cart, it was so nice to exercise as a family since I usually go solo. The hubby is a good companion for this as he's a pretty serious cyclist.

xGurlyGrlx
05-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone!
I did my usually 1.5 mile walk with my dog and bf. I wish I could bike with my dog...but he is only 4lbs and slightly spastic on the leash....I think he would get run over.
FB - Good job on your bike ride!! I would like to ride more often...but that seat killed me. I didn't even think that would be an issue...hehe.

Gela
05-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Great work everyone! Yesterday morning I passed my heart stress test so I have been cleared to exercise again! The doc said I may have some type of chest wall syndrome but that is muscular and not my heart itself. So yesterday evening I did a 3 mile walk. It's so great to walk again with no worries!

findingfawn
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone.. I'm slacking this morning!!! Last night we worked in the garden.. we layed out all the tarps.. which aren't those thin blue things.. they are like really thick heavy canvas. We cover the entire garden with them to keep the weeds out. I wanted to measure the garden last night, but forgot. I also dug my little trench and put in some radishes, carrots and green onions. Then we walked around our section of the farm.. it's about 20 acres or so, and we made a loop almost completly around it. We went and saw the chickens and roosters, then we went to the cow pasture and watched the cows for a bit. I love this time of year when there are so many calves born, they are so cute and fun to watch.

Today I hurt from the garden thing, and know there is much more of it to come tonight. We also are going to walk over to the pond tonight and see if there are any tadpoles in it yet. That will take us a little farther than making the 20 acre loop. PS anyone know how what to feed tadpoles? I would love to put some in the kiddy pool to watch grow as a school project.

findingfawn
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh yea.. Gela.. that is great news!!!

fiberlover
05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Kellsua - that's great! Keep up the good work!

Born to fly - the more you exercise, the more of a habit it becomes, and you will crave to do it.

FB - I loooove bike riding! It feels so good when you finish, too LOL.

Kara, get one of those carriers and put your doggy in a basket on front of your bike, that might be fun for both of you :)

Angela - that is great news!

Fawn: gardening is really hard work. Treat yourself to a massage LOL!

I am so glad to be done with the conference and back to my regularly scheduled day. I did my lower body bowflex work out, and the Cardio Overdrive (the Firm). I am so tired, though. Tonight is tv night, we got a dvd to watch and I am looking forward to it!

FB
05-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Oh yeah Gurly- I feel like I have bruises in places I never dreamed possible. :) But I'll still use my bike until walking is painful. I'm going to look into a chunkabooty seat for comfort. Don't you love a little dog? We have a chihuahua as well as the crazy jack russell.

So glad Gela! You must be very relieved! Great you were able to walk- 3 miles is awesome.

Fawn- LOVE gardening, just LOVE it. Sounds like some serious work! Your farm sounds amazing. Googled the tadpole thing for you- here's a link: Tadpole Eats and Treats (http://www.blurtit.com/q762597.html). You sound like a fun mom. Tadpoles skeeve me out and I couldn't do it.

You must be happy to be home Lori! I'd imagine you're tired, trips and hotels always wear me out.

Biked with the hubster and son attached in a cart again tonight. Hubby was feeling a little sore, said I smoked him yesterday, so we took a shorter ride, probably about 5 miles. Pretty proud I wore him out as he's the bicyclist in our family! Afterwards I took the dog for a walk. HRM claims I burned 970 with both activities- not shabby!

xGurlyGrlx
05-02-2008, 01:38 AM
I walked the dog with my bf....again! I'm actually just happy I did it. I was not feeling motivated at all. TOM makes me sooo lazy.

Gela - Great news!!
Lori - Glad you are back to your normal routine. I was thinking about a basket or baby trailer...hehe.
Fawn - How cute - you have tadpoles!! That will be fun for the kids.
FB - Do you have a female or male chihuahua? I have a male who is 1 years old. He is going to get neutered tomorrow....everyone think happy thoughts for my baby. :goodvibesThe vets sure have a way to freak you out before! See pic of my baby below!

FB
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Thinking happy thoughts and speedy recovery for your little guy Gurly!

My pup (although he's a year and half now) is a guy too. Yours is such a cutie!

xGurlyGrlx
05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Thinking happy thoughts and speedy recovery for your little guy Gurly!

My pup (although he's a year and half now) is a guy too. Yours is such a cutie!

Awwe...your dog is so cute! Thanks for the happy thoughts. I should find out if everything went well in a few hours. Uhh...I hate waiting. My dog is a year old too. I just waited to neuter, we were thinking of breeding b/c he is so small and cute. :D

Looks like I won't be taking my dog for a walk today. I will try to do my elliptical tonight. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

fiberlover
05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Kara - I am sure the neutering went fine. It's a pretty simple procedure. Much easier than a spay.

Today I started Week 5 of C25K. That was three 5 minute jogs today. Then it will be 8 minute jogs on Day 2 and then one 20 minute jog on Day 3. :eek:

Smiling_Sara
05-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Kellsua - that's great! Keep up the good work!

Born to fly - the more you exercise, the more of a habit it becomes, and you will crave to do it.

FB - I loooove bike riding! It feels so good when you finish, too LOL.

Kara, get one of those carriers and put your doggy in a basket on front of your bike, that might be fun for both of you :)

Angela - that is great news!

Fawn: gardening is really hard work. Treat yourself to a massage LOL!

I am so glad to be done with the conference and back to my regularly scheduled day. I did my lower body bowflex work out, and the Cardio Overdrive (the Firm). I am so tired, though. Tonight is tv night, we got a dvd to watch and I am looking forward to it!

I hope your right. I went and worked out again tonight. I just did it. Figured it was better then sitting at home, plus I wanted to have more than 200 calories for my dinner, so I knew I had to get some working out done. ;)

FB
05-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh Lori's right BornToFly- I promise! I've only been consistently exercising for about 2 months, but I now actually crave and look forward to the evening exercise. I check the weather, plan what I'll do and don't even grumble anymore (unless it's raining and I'm stuck indoors). I especially love that it's ME time- so introspective.

Walked the crazy pup on the bike trail tonight for 4.18 hilly silly miles. HRM says 961 calories! I hope that thing is accurate. Jogged when other people weren't around because I'm sort of shy like that.

How's the cutie patootie pup Gurly?

xGurlyGrlx
05-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey everyone!
FB - The pup is doing well! Thanks for asking :hug: He is sore everywhere. He had a few baby teeth pulled that didn't come out and are causing problems with his adult teeth. I also got him micro chipped, just in case. Apparently that is a pretty big needle that leaves a hole they glue. Then of course the neuter. Poor guy! Of course he wants nothing to do with me because I paid the mean people to do that to him. ;)

Born - More than 200 calories for dinner would be nice! :lol: I am starting to like excerising more and more. I never thought I would say that. When I don't do something I feel like I am missing something! Like today!

Lori - I KNOW you can do it! Let us know how the run goes!

I wasn't able to do my elliptical tonight. The pup was a little anxious and pacing the room. I had to try to keep him still so he wouldn't swell. He also gets a little too excited when I do the elliptical. He can see me doing it. If he is less stressed tomorrow I will try to do it. Hope everyone has a nice weekend! It is suppose to be beautiful here!

fiberlover
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Born - good for you on the workouts. It takes 21 days to create a habit, so maybe challenge yourself to reach that with your exercise!

FB - that sounds like quite the walk, and don't be shy about jogging. I just let it jiggle and gawkers be damned LOL!

Kara - glad your puppy is doing well.

Today I did a 45 minute walk. DH came with and we had a nice chat while walking. He actually helps keep my pace up because he is much taller than I am and walks faster!

FB
05-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Six Mile Saturday! No dog or HRM today.

For those with HRM's do you think they're accurate in calculating calories burned? Because I think the numbers I'm getting are HIGH, what was yesterday, 960 something? That seems like a lot to me. It's not an expensive fancy one, the Polar F4, but I did pay over $100.00 for it because of the calorie calculator. I'd hate to think it's all bogus.

fiberlover
05-04-2008, 03:49 PM
FB - I am getting a HRM this week sometime. I ordered one online. I don't know so much about how accurate they are as far as calories burned goes. Have you looked at sites like fitday or calorieking to see if they are comparable to what you are getting?

Today I did Day 2 of Week 5 C25K. 8 minute jogs. No problem doing those. Getting psyched up for the 20 minute run on Tuesday!

FB
05-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Yep Lori- I've compared the calorie count, and on some activities the HRM calculates considerably lower than the calculators, machines and websites (usually when I'm using a machine like a stationary bike)- others it is considerably more. I suspect it's just that the standard calculators are unable to take sporadic jogging and hills into the equation.

I guess it just sounds soooooo GOODWONDERFULGREAT when I burn that many calories according to the HRM- that I can't believe it's true. Some credit to me though, I do work my butt off for every one of those calories, paying close attention to my HR and staying in the zone- so it may be close to true.

FB
05-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Loo-oo-oong bike ride today, HARD, pushed myself, hilly as all hill, rode some hills twice in a row to burn more. HRM gives me 1402 calories for that epic journey.

Also gardened/shopped for plants (my favorite weekend pastime- shopping) and walked the dogs for a shorty.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!