South Beach Diet - Monday Cluckings

View Full Version : Monday Cluckings

cottagebythesea
04-28-2008, 07:23 AM
In a word, Ugh! I have a terrible case of indigestion and feel like crap. What a great way to start a new week, eh? :( Another lesson learned the hard way, you'd think this veteran SBer would know by now.

Anyway, I'm forcing myself to get over to Curves this morning and get back to my regular routine. And, of all things, I just made a big crockpot full of chili as per Jake's request. But I think I'm going to coddle my tummy with yogurt.

I hope your day is starting off better than mine!

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
OOOOO, Cottage, no fun on the tummy thing. Hope the yogurt and Curves helps and you are all back to normal!!

We had a great weekend. Picked up MIL from the airport, (my husband had to get beignets while we waited and I had a coffee) then swung by their old house (which burned a couple of months ago) then on to the Quarter. Ate at a great place called Murial's on Jackson Square. (Kara, don't miss Murials while you are here!) Got a bunch of pictures while there so you can see how cool it is. (http://www.kodakgallery.com/femmecreole/main/vieux_carre_april_08?). I splurged and had some escargot and a fantastic grilled shrimp/lump crab/asparagus salad. Then we went over to the French Market and did some shopping. I got a great tie dyed dress and a silver cuff bracelet and a fleur de lis thumb ring. Then we got caught in a storm for a while, so had to hang out strolling in more stores, which formed a lot of condensation on my camera from the air condition, so the last couple of shots are "weird" since my lens was all "foggy"...so I turned one of them of the workers at Cafe Du Monde into "art".

Yesterday, I took my MIL to one of her favorite stores that they don't have in Houston and she got her shopping fix taken care of. All in all a great weekend!

Ruthxxx
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Must be the Monday blues! I have just finished washing my kitchen floor since Hershey has "a digestive problem". Great way to start the day. :(

Cottage, I hope your day improves.

Cat, I just love looking at your pictures. Good work on the "art" shot recovery.

Rain and cooler weather is predicted for the rest of the week so I'm glad I got some garden stuff done last week. I'm hoping to find my seeds this week and get going on planting when it dries up a bit. I can see the blue plastic box and its label as clear as day but have no idea where I put it! I may have to buy more seeds!

Hersh is off to the vet this morning for her last boosters and then we may pay a quickie visit to Harry. After that, it'll be home for some cooking and sewing - it's sort of an afternoon nap day too!

What's happening chez toi?

CyndiM
04-28-2008, 08:18 AM
:coffee2: Good morning Chicks :wave:

Cottage - Hope your day improves soon!

Cat - I love your pictures. I'm thinking about bumping LA up on our winter bird trip list :)

Ruth - Cold and rainy here too :( We really need the rain so I won't complain much but I would like it if it goes away by the weekend.

It's a long week here. I have trainings/meetings two days in a row - one on the western side of the state and one way up north. All that driving makes the week challenging because it really aggravates my disc problems. Gotta remember to make myself workout when I get home even if I'm achy (if I write it down maybe that will help!).

My greens are starting to pop up in my cold frame. Soon I will have fresh mustard greens :drool: I swear I am more excited about fresh greens than I ever was about chocolate. How weird is that?!

Have a good day no matter how dreary your weather!

Ruthxxx
04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Cold frame! I want one. I just made a note for next year. I guess we should start a garden thread again so we don't bore the non-gardeners. I love mustard greens!

Schmoodle
04-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Good Monday morning chicks!
Glad to have that crazy weekend behind me, but a good time was had by all. We ended up with 17 kids at DD's party, nobody got injured, no fights or tears, and DD was very pleased. Today is her actual birthday and she wants to go the Chinese buffet for dinner. Then we'll have a cake for her on Friday at pizza night with my family. Jeez, these birthdays just go don't they?
I've got a big meeting next Tuesday which I'll be working all week to get ready for. I thought I had a trip to White Sands, but I have canceled so that takes some of the pressure off. Otherwise, all the normal stuff going on around here!

Happy Anniversary cottage!
Cyndi, I know just what you mean. I can't wait until my mom's asparagus is ready. And strawberry picking will be here soon. The day the Farmer's market re-opens will be like a holiday. I've never been so excited about produce before!
Glad you had a fun weekend with MIL Cat. A weekend with my MIL would be anything but fun!
I guess your hands will be buried in the dirt all week Ruth, but be sure to stop by and say hi to us!

Natalie'sMom
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning ladies! Well, today is my big start.

I already have a question: Is Sugar Free Coffeemate OK to have in my coffee? It is a staple of mine!

Otherwise, I weighed in and need to add it to my avatar I guess. I look forward to a good week!

I hope everyone's day gets a little better. :)

Schmoodle
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi Natalie's Mom, don't believe we've "met" yet. Good to have you around and good luck on Ph1! I googled the ingredients for your coffeemate and they are:
Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Coconut or Palm Kernel and Canola, Hydrogenated Palm, Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Safflower), Corn Syrup Solids (Adds A Trivial Amount of Sugar), Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative) (not A Source of Lactose), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Dipotassium Phosphate (Moderates Coffee Acidity), Mono- and Diglycerides (Prevents Oil Separation), Salt, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Non-nutritive Sweetener), Yeast.

so I would stay away due to the unhealthy fats, among other things. It's important to get in the habit of reading ingredients to see if they are beach-friendly. You'll get the hang of it.

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Ha, Schmoodle we were googling at the same time...
I'd stay away from that stuff! Try some skim or lowfat milk instead.

WATER, CORN SYRUP**, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, MALTODEXTRIN, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, POLYSORBATE 60, CARRAGEENAN, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (NON-NUTRITIVE SWEETENER).

Ruthxxx
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I consider Coffeemate to be Frankenfood but here's a thread from the FAQ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=958933&highlight=Coffeemate#post958933) where it was discussed.
I use skim milk or evaporated skim milk in my coffee. We should be avoiding highly processed foods as much as possible.

cottagebythesea
04-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm back and feeling much, much better. Exercise is theraputic! :)

Cat, your weekend sounds so much fun! You are making me really want to visit New Orleans some day!

Ruth, we're having the same weather all week, too. Where did Spring go? I hope you can locate those seeds, but you know as soon as you buy new ones, the old ones will magically show up! Take a nap for me this afternoon, too, if you don't mind. Today is my long day, so no nap for me.

Cyndi, I share your excitement about fresh, home-grown veggies. There's nothing in the world like them! My dad's rhubarb is about ready to be picked, and we've been enjoying fresh asparagus and spring onions from his garden already. The girls and I are going to plant some lettuces in their little plot this week, and see what else we can plant now, too. I hope all that driving isn't too hard on your back. Do you have one of those lumbar pillows that you can use, they really help a lot.

Schmoodle, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DD, and thanks for the anniversary wishes! I'm glad the weather held off on Saturday for your trip to Hershey. Did you go on the factory tour, then? Do they still take people through?

Lauren, good morning! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Coffeemate is a big no-no, sorry. There are too many additives and transfat in it to be healthy for SB. Try adding some unsweetened almond milk to your coffee, it's really yummy!

I'm all caught up on cleaning and laundry today, so I think I'll make a few meals for my freezer stash this morning. There's a new recipe for a cheesy butternut squash bake that sounds good, but I want to make a few changes to the recipe. I want to bake up a batch of BB Brownies, too.

ladybugnessa
04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning my friends.

it's raining. yuck. scale hates me this morning 221.
just working today... did not get to work till 7:30...

cottagebythesea by the time i want to tell you feel better and have a good workout your done. have a good rest of the day ok?

femmecreole if we can manage that trip next summer you must meet us at Cafe Du Monde... my favorite place in the FQ... and yes I WILL eat the beignets! I love the FQ I will look at your pictures when I get home!

Ruthxxx ah the vet... we spend so much time there.

CyndiM i can't imagine eating mustard greens.. what do you use them for?

Schmoodle i love chinese buffet. my son's birthday is tomorrow. he's going to be 24. oy.

Natalie'sMom welcome dump the coffeemate. get some fat free half and half and some sugar free syrups. works like a charm.

FluffyK
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Good morning, everyone. Am I the only one that LOVES Mondays? Why? Because my day is MINE - I can keep my schedule because everyone goes back to school and work. I get a lot done, and don't have to listen to arguing.

I got my run in today, IN THE RAIN. I made it up the Mean Hill without stopping, which is a first. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple days, might do that now. Just to peek?

FluffyK
04-28-2008, 09:47 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Back down to 144!!!!

ladybugnessa
04-28-2008, 09:57 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Back down to 144!!!!

that's GREAT FLUFFY!

Natalie'sMom
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks so much everyone for the welcome and the advice! And all along I thought I was doing a good thing since it was sugar-free! Oh well! You learn, right? I will dump it and I love some of the alternative suggestions. :) I will have to splurge on a SF syrup...hmmm...

Now it is off to tackle breakfast! :)

GONNABE165
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Is it Monday already :(

I had a great anniversary weekend! We stayed at a spa resort on the beach about 45 minutes from where we live - the weather was beautiful! Saturday we did some walking and jogging on the beach and before leaving we did some power runs up the sand dunes. The weekend just seemed to slowly slide by - I loved it.

Cottage your morning start sounded a bit like mine

Cat i love your pics - mekes me want to go to these places

Schmoodle glad the bday party turned out - Happy birthday to your daughter

Welcome Nataliesmom

hello and good morning to everyone else - will be back later to check in

cottagebythesea
04-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Dr. A is on The Today Show right now, talking about the new book.

:carrot: Fluffy!

ladybugnessa
04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Dr. A is on The Today Show right now, talking about the new book.

:carrot: Fluffy!

ugh I'm at work... tell us what he says.

Kim_Star060404
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Morning everyone. Another work-day fly-by for me. Boss-man was out fighting fires all weekend and couldn't come in to catch us up, so we're behind already. (Terrible to come into work on a Monday and already behind. Sigh.) But that can't be helped, those poor firefighters have it rough. Out all weekend and then back to work on Monday.

It was 29* out when we left for work - not unusual, but everyone has to have planted by now, so we'll see what happens. I'm fairly certain that because I planted rather late on Saturday that my little herb seeds were still dormant. I think the Parsley was already "awake" because you do have to soak the seeds before planting, but I'm hoping the rest are fine. I wish I could have started them inside, but there's just not room. So, I'll just let them be until the last possible day I think they could pop through before I replant. Sigh again. Not the greatest Monday for all of us...

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Cottage - hope your tummy feels better :)

Cat - It sounds like you had a great time. I have to get back to the French Market soon. I miss it. Maybe for Mother's Day ;)

Ruth - Don't you hate that? I have some things like that happening around here lately, as well. It makes me feel crazy! Thankfully seeds aren't very expensive in case you do have to replace them.

Cyndi - It's gotta be because your greens are the fruits of your labor. Unless you grew your chocolate too.....and if that is the case....BRAVO! But since it probably isn't, eating something that you grew is exciting! Good work! Mustard greens are awesome!

Btw, what is a cold frame?

*sigh* I wish I had room for a big ol' garden.

Fluffy - Great job! AND in the rain, no less. :)

It's a beautiful day here today. DS just got a tricycle from his grandma, so we'll be out riding that. It has a handle so that I can push and steer for him. He really enjoys riding it. :) Other than that, I have to get cleaned up from this past weekend. We had so much going on with my mom being in town and Festival International that I just overlooked a ton of things. Back to flying today....and back to SB! I'm so ready to have more energy! No more laggy days from crappy food.

cottagebythesea
04-28-2008, 11:11 AM
ugh I'm at work... tell us what he says.

Nothing that we didn't already know. In the new book, the food lists will be revised to add some new things, and he talked about the importance of exercise . He stressed that upping your exercise routine, rather than cutting calories, is the key to breaking out of a plateau.

phxsunflower
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Good morning all,
Just dropping by with a quick one. DH got a new keyboard for the computer so I am finding it hard to type on a straigt and smaller key board I swear they moved some of the keys they aren't where they are suppose to be.

Another weekend is gone by so fast. I could use one more day maybe even just another 12 hours. Monday has started and the kids are ready to go just waiting on me.... Busy day as always, softball practice of DS2 and soccer game for DS1, report due on Friday for DD1(she hasn't even read the darn book:()and DD2 is just hanging on for the ride. Well gotta go I am trying to check in daily it seems to help me stay focused.

Have a great day and a safe one.

uscarchie
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone! Good morning, good monday! Anyone heard from Jandaman lately? She wasn't doing so well with her health, and then hasn't been back in a while. I've been lurking, but haven't had a whole lot to say, things have been busy. But good! After following Nessa's advice, I've been doing a P 1.25 while transitioning into a P 1.5, and then I'll slowly go into a P 2. But I went clothes shopping on Saturday, and was amazed to see that I've dropped 2 pant sizes! I can actually fit into clothes at the Gap!!! Holy Cow! For a 27 year old, that's amazing.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. You guys are such an inspiration, even if I'm only browsing the threads.

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Phxsunflower - That really helps me stay accountable as well. Just knowing that you have to check in with someone always makes me feel a bit more responsible. :)

uscarchie - Congratulations! You're going to be down to that goal weight in no time :) :carrot:

tkglenn
04-28-2008, 11:47 AM
good morning. Just a quick stop and hello. Gotta get cleaning. Leo is at the gym while i get to stay home and clean. what fun!!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend-----fluffy, you're not the only who loves Mondays. I do too.

Pearlrose
04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Good morning chickies!!! Wow you'll have been busy this morning.

Hope the rest of your days go well. Dr A is supposed to be on Fox News on the 30th but don't know the time. Probably will be saying about the same as today.

I am feeling better today less bloated so I am sure that is because of TOM coming. I have decided to do phase 1.5 (LOL) and see if that gets rid of this plateau... also will try to up my exercise level and change up my routines more for next month.

I envy all of you green thumbs...just don't have it...so I will live through you :)

krosmon
04-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Old hen checking in.

Weekend here has been a pain with the heat - 100 degrees out and 90 degrees inside. The window air conditioner in the front room is out so tomorrow a repairman is coming to fix it. But by then the temps will be back down in the 60's. Oh well. At least, I'll be ready for the next heat wave.

Today, I will go run errands during the worst of the heat. Maybe I'll go to the library and browse just to stay cool. My poor pup has done nothing all day but sleep, and would you believe, he is back asleep again. He is not a high energy dog, but I thought he'd be bouncing around while it is cool - but no, asleep again.

When it cools down, I have a couple rose bushes to plant. Just hope the gophers don't eat up the roots. Someone gave me a gopher repellant thing that takes a few batteries so I'll try it and see if that works.

Cat, I've been to the Big Easy twice but for just a day or so each time. I do love the cuisine there - maybe someday I'll get to go back and revisit.

Have a lovely day.

Schmoodle
04-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I used to love Mondays when I stayed at home and wasn't working full time. Everybody went away and left me alone, it was great! Now it's my most hated day, back to work and always a telecon first thing in the morning, bleh...

cottage, at Hershey now they have "chocolate world" that is just outside the gate to the amusement park. It has stores and eateries, a hands-on kids area, and a ride that takes you through factory-like displays and shows the manufacturing process. But I think the closest you can get to the real factory now is to ride the monorail which goes right past it.
cheesy butternut squash sounds good today. I copied a recipe last week for mac and cheese with butternut squash in it. It only had half as much pasta as usual and I thought with ww noodles, I could make it beachy and maybe fool the kids too. Post your recipe if it turns out well.
Nessa, I didn't know you had one that old. My oldest DD just turned 21. Is your DS married? I am looking for someone to take her off my hands...
Way to go on the NSVs uscarchie and fluffy!! You guys rock!

Good morning the rest of you chicks! Must get back to work now!

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Nessa, tell you what, if you come to visit, I'll have a beignet with you..well, maybe a 1/2 of one. (I think a whole one would make me pretty sick)

Barb0522
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Brian and I went out yesterday and spent my share of the income tax refund. We had only planned on getting the gas grill and swing we wanted but Lowes charges $65 to deliver no matter how little or much you get so we went ahead and got the patio furniture too. We had planned to buy it all eventually and I love that it will be delivered tomorrow so I'll have it before the staff meeting at our house on Thursday but I have to admit it is hard to spend that much money.

I can't wait to start grilling now that we will have a nice grill!

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Barb - Congrats on the new stuff! What a perfect way to ring in the spring! Grilling is one of our favorite things to do, especially in the summer when it's hot. Is it gas or charcoal?

tdiprincess
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Cottage: sorry about the indigestion... good job pushing yourself to keep going though :)
femme: sounds like a really fun weekend, glad you enjoyed it. :cool:
Ruth: sounds like a nice relaxing day. Hope the vet goes (went) well
cyndi: looks like a challenging week... hope you make it through!!
schmoo: glad you had fun through the crazy weekend :)
nat'smom You will have a great week!!! P1 goes pretty quickly!! Just stay strong and don't cave in!! you can also use FF half and half :carrot:
nessa sorry you're not having an awesome start to the day... the scale will be your friend again sometime :) You'll get there!!
Krystal: Great job getting back to 144!!! :woo hoo:
gonnabe: Seems like you had a GREAT weekend!! How many years? Congrats!! (I'm jealous of the spa resort thing...LOL)
Kim: sorry about the chili weather... Hope your little guys make it through. I just started some Rosemary and Petunias inside... The petunias are starting to grow a little bit..this is exciting as I've never done seedlings before.. :)
Zeff: The tricycle sounds like fun for the DS... good job hanging in here and continuing on with the battle!! :)
phx: Crazy day ahead!! I wish we could get our time back too!! LOL It all goes by so fast..
uscarchie welcome!! Congrats on going shopping and going down pant size!! That is sooo exciting, especially when we're surprised!! Good Job!! :congrats:
TK: have fun cleaning..I'll be doing that shortly too.. what fun!!
pearl: Hope your TOM goes smoothly... You'll get through the plateu!!
krosmon: WOW that is a heat wave... We were in the 70's here and today, tomorrow and Wed its supposed to be in the 40's...its chili...:(

WOW that took awhile!!
Well it is chili here. I have cleaning to do, but its so cold in here, I don't want to leave the only warm room!!!
Anyhow the weekend was busy, I stayed pretty good minus a little "healthy" popcorn and a glass of wine yesterday (the popcorn was Friday) I'm through week one of p1, I'm excited and ready to keep going!!!
Either way, today was my weigh in day.. I started last week with 161. Today I'm 155!!!!
I'm really happy. Because of DH's goofing off he's lost 5 and I've lost 6... I can't believe I lost more than him... That's an accomplishment I think!!! I'm really hapy though...
I decided to keep my weigh-in days monday as it gives me a goal to be good for the weekends... :carrot:

little chick
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Hello chicks. Home from Halifax, the competiton was great. Lots of medals and trophies. But I am tired and sick. It was a long week. No sleep, no good eating, lots of drinks and treats.... there has been lots of crazy things going on. I lost my 35 year old cousin in a motor cylce accident he is being buried today it is so sad. He has 3 young children. Well I have to dash. I will be back to normal tomorrow.

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 01:24 PM
The first round of stimulus checks went out today....anybody get theirs yet?

beachgal
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Poor Cottage! :hug: I'm so sorry! It's awful to start the week off that way.
:getwell:

What a beautiful place, Cat! Sounds like a super-fun weekend.

Poor Hersh and poor you, Ruth! :p That's not a fun way to start the morning. Hope it gets much better. What's that gorgeous plant in your avatar??

Cyndi and Ruth, I've never eaten mustard greens (but the bunnies have!). How do you prepare them?

:welcome3: Natalie'sMom! There are several great suggestions for things to try in your coffee in the thread Ruth linked to. Glad to have you with us!

Nessa, remember Amanda's sig quote: "Remember: We don't use the scale because it's the most accurate tool; we use it because it's the most convenient one." :yes: You'll be back down in no time.

:congrat: Fluffy!

WOW, USCarchie! That's a huge accomplishment! :D

There's nothing like a grill, Barb! I find it SO easy to cook on it and things taste soooo good. :T

Me:
Great weekend--had a wonderful time with DH, went to a book signing with a friend (we both were wide-eyed fans), got in a lot of naps, did some work in the garden, relaxed on the couch, and checked out new couches after DH got an oil change in the car. We need new furniture, but had a hard time finding anything we liked, sadly. I'm not sure what we do next...I don't think I could buy a couch online without testing it out. :chin:

I'm going to go home after work, walk the puppy and have snack. DH will be home in time for us to go to the gym together at 6. It'll be nice to workout with him. :D When we get home it's trash night. I made dinner last night--it's a wheat berry salad with dried fruit, homemade vinaigrette and a tiny bit of gouda cheese. Yum!

tdiprincess
04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
LittleChick I am extremely sorry for the sudden Loss. That is very sad. If you need anything, let me know.

JessieW
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Laurie (and others)--I just posted a yummy recipe for mustard greens under phase 1 recipes. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141013

CyndiM
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM
:sssh: Pretend you don't see me - I'm at work :)

I love all kinds of greens though mustard are my favorite. The new recipe looks a lot like a recipe I have for collard greens :drool: and works with tempeh bacon too if you don't eat meat.

I use greens in everything - soups, with lentils, sauteed in evoo and garlic, with beans,..... This year I'm trying new Japanese greens that a local farm is growing. So far I haven't met a green I don't like.

zeffryn - I just have 6 3X3 boxes and an herb bed. If you follow square foot gardening you can fit a lot in that much space. A cold frame is like a greenhouse that fits over a garden bed. It extends the growing season on both ends.

Okay, back to looking busy ;)

Barb0522
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
It's a gas grill. A really nice one with a side burner. I'm hoping we can have lots of Brian's friends over this summer and I plan for at least one Twilight Camp staff party at the house once it is warm enough to swim. I'm finding I'm not using the George Foreman as much as I used to because it is sometimes a pain to clean so I'm hoping this helps. I used to love to cook on the gas grill that rusted after 15 years.

Little chick - I am so sorry for your cousin. I will say a prayer for the family.

I'll have to check with my hopefully soon to be ex-husband about our stimulus check. It will get direct deposited to his account but he has promised to give me half. I sure hope he keeps his promise.

tomandkara
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Good late afternoon! I am so very tardy checking in today!

Happy anniversary, Linda. Sorry about your belly, but glad Curves helped!

Cat, thanks again for the recommendation for Muriel's! I looked up the menu on-line and I think we'll hit it for lunch. Hope nothing gets thrown around while we're there!

Ruth, good luck finding your seed box. I have that same problem, too. Avery nearly had to go to church with only one shoe on yesterday...

Cyndi, Tom swears by his little lumbar pillow when we're driving long distances. He has two disks that herniate.

Schmoodle, glad your daughter's party went well. Happy birthday to her!

Lauren, hope you find something great for drinking with your coffee! Good luck today!

Nessa, what're your ideas for New Orleans? Tom and I are headed there in eleven days and I can't wait! I was collecting advice, but I think you were off the board when that thread was up.

Krystal, way to go getting your run done in the rain! And up the hill no less!

Kara

tomandkara
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Gonna, glad your weekend was nice! I admire you, running up sand dunes!

Kim, hope you get caught up today! I'm sure you'll be able to nurse your seed babies back to health!

Zeff, hope Calvin has a fun trike ride today!

Phoenix, hope you get everything done and that your daughter is a speed reader! What book is she reading?

US, glad to hear the shopping trip was fun! I'd be more excited about being able to afford clothes at the Gap!

Tawnya, hope your cleaning goes well! And that Leo doesn't get too stinky.

Rose, I had success once awhile back when I felt a bit out of control with my eating by gradually bringing my servings of grain down by one a day until I was down to just one. Then I worked on the rest of everything until I felt confident adding back in more grains. Hope you find something that works for you!

Kathleen, I hope your gopher repellent works. We had good luck with our gopher snakes, but they found us themselves. We didn't go buy them on purpose or anything!

Schmoodle and Nessa, if you were in-laws that would be hilarious!

Linda, please do post your squash recipe if it's good. I just got some butternut squash and I am looking for something fun to do with it!

TDI, glad you saw such great results after only a week! WOOHOO!!!

LC, good to hear you're home but I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. We just lost a friend this weekend to a motorcycle accident as well. So sad.

Barbara, have fun with your new grill!

Laurie, your salad sounds yummy! I've never tried wheat berries but I've seen several cooking shows with good-sounding recipes so I need to give them a go!

Hey Jessie! How goes the gestating???

Whew! Got everyone in!

Well, today is magic day 11 before my trip. For some reason, once I hit eleven days before some event, the time always flies by. I think because the next day is day 10, and then you're in single digits, and then two days later it's only a week, and then you're saying, "This is the last Monday until..." and all of a sudden you're gone! I CAN'T WAIT to get back to Tom!

I woke up this morning to a mysterious two pounds jumping on the scale with me. I couldn't figure out where they were hanging on. I brushed off my shoulders and shook my legs, but they were still there when I got on the scale the second time. Then, later this morning I figured out why. But it's OK. I'm glad because, if you didn't hear, it's ELEVEN days until my trip, which gives me the perfect amount of time to be all cleared out (:rofl:) by the time I leave! So, this two pounds is actually a good thing all in all. Plus, I usually gain three to five, so the way I see it, I basically lost one to three pounds yesterday. Right? Am I using the same math the Democratic candidates are??? :D

I'm thinking of making some sort of new concoction for dinner. I've got eggplant in the fridge and roasted red peppers I've been meaning to do something with. And yesterday I picked up some diced tomatoes with roasted garlic. So I thought I'd roast the eggplant with a splash of olive oil and some diced garlic (because you can NEVER have too much garlic) and red onion and then throw it in a pot with the tomatoes and red peppers. Maybe serve it over brown rice? Or just in a bowl.

Kara

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Kara - he had such a good time. He does like to plant his feet though....good thing he has a helmet. Helmets on little kids are just about the cutest things ever.

Anyway, about the stim. checks. Here is the link to the payment schedule. You should see it soon if you direct deposited!
http://www.taxgirl.com/rebate-schedule-changes/

phxsunflower
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
wow I know it is late for most of everyone but I got the chance to check in again in one day wow.

Day was busy but made it through it. Is popcorn in the microwave ok of ph2? Sure hope so or I just blew it. I couldn't pass it up. It was smart balance light butter? I didn't have any other grain today does that matter also? oh well

Practice came and went, soccer game was a loss,DD1 conviently forgot her book at home this morning so nothing has gotten done today. Sometimes it kills me.... Her book is "The Royal Diaries Eleanor Crown Jewel of Aquitaine" She is going to have to read this one because I have no idea...

LC sorry to hear about your cousin.

zeffryn my kids still wear their helmets. I guess the rule stuck with them. No helmet no shoes no ride! The older ones take slack but they just tell their friends they work to hard at school to have 1 accident or screw up ruin it so they wear their "brain buckets"

tara glad things will be cleared up within the 11 days left.

Barb enjoy your new grill. We use ours year round here and replace it every other year.

I better get off now if I plan on getting up early tomorrow a.m. for my walk. I am already 20 minutes past bedtime.. Hopefully will get back in the morning.

tdiprincess
04-29-2008, 12:58 AM
As long as the popcorn has no transfat and is low in fat then you should be ok for the popcorn... and the smart stuff is yummy on it! :) enjoy!!