Old 04-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #1  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Default Low Carb Lolita Chatzone, April 28th - May 4th

Oooh, is this okay? I'm starting the new thread because it's Monday afternoon in Bangkok.

Ready...

Steady...

CHAT!

Quote:
I can't blame the devil (sounded good though didn't it? Can't you picture me in full goth with a goblet of blood and a plate of tortilla chips?). It was just me.
It sounded AWESOME! "Hey there, little girl! If you give me your soul, I'll give you all the fresh loaves of white, processed, crusty bread, and all the plates of delicious noodles, and all the scrumptious crunchy fluffy jacket potatoes, and all the bowls of special-fried rice, and all the slices of carbalicious Death By Chocolate, and all the apple pies and chicken pies and lemon meringue pies that your chubby little heart desires, AND YOU'LL NEVER GAIN A POUND! In fact, YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT! I mean, it's not like you're USING your soul! It's just sitting there. In fact, to be honest, I think it makes your bum look big. Go on, s'calmie! French fries! Potato chips! Breakfast burritoes! Haagen Dazs icecream with hot fudge sauce! Mmmmmm! And, hey, I'll even throw in this set of steak knives and pudding cups for free, to sweeten the deal! ...There's a girl! Just sign here... Bwa ha ha ha!"

Okay, possibly I have an overactive imagination. Maybe. (But I gotta say, I'd be pretty damn torn...)

BD - good work on the kitten rescue! Excellent work! There's a little litter of puppies in my street, and I've been a little concerned about them during the recent deluges of the rainy season - but the taxi guys seem to be taking pretty good care of them, so I'm hoping that the reason I've not seen them this week is 'cause they've been moved to a safer place. (They are SERIOUSLY cute. And I'm a cat person! But - cute like woah!)

Last edited by broadabroad; 04-28-2008 at 02:32 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for starting the thread Fay. I re-lost another pound this week. I seem to not be able to get past the 220 barrier. Hoping the month of May will move me into some new numbers.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

You are entering the LC Chat Zone . . . *twirling O'Reilly Pen* . . . the CHAT stops here!

Hooray for Chat Zone! Hooray for stopping at only 7 tortilla chips! Hooray for gym joining! Hooray for a pound lost even if its RElost! Hooray for saved kittens!

Hooray for MONDAY!

Yes, I am actually glad its Monday from the perspective here of Lay Off Land . . . must find my BALANCE & Monday has always been a good time for that for me in the past.

*fingers crossed*

Off to find scalmie the hilarious recap of Rock of Love Part Deux on TWOP . . . there's a reference there to The Match Game . . . Charles Nelson Reilly . . . Brett Somers & the microphone that brought me to my proverbial knees . . . to the proverbial cyber floor - laughing! brb
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

ok scalmie - this is page 9 of the Rock O' Love Finale recap - just in case you didn't want to read the whole thing: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...ove.php?page=9 - this part is bascially talking about what could be more gross/grody than watching Bret & Amber make out.

Tx for ever talking about this show - would never have tuned it in & had such LAUGHS with my ddTess . . . the TWOP recaps are even funnier than the show I think.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #5  

Good morning. In a way I'm glad it's Monday because I was soooo busy this weekend. But I didn't get everything done and we're having a party on Saturday so I'm trying to figure out how to get the yard work done at night this week. (maybe rent some floodlights?)

We had two birthdays last week so now I have DS21 and DD16. It's funny that they both had "big" birthdays this year and DD23 is graduating from college! Why does everything happen at once? Seems like it would be a good year for some family to visit, but I'm not expecting anyone. My sister was going to try to come. We don't have a very large family anymore.

I wasn't complete off plan, but it wasn't a great weekend either. I started on Thurs with DS first party at the restaurant and "tasting" the bread and the desert. I was better on Friday, but Saturday was bad. I spent the whole day volunteering at a building site (Rebuilding Together, like Habitat for Humanity but different). I was the food person so I felt I needed to eat the food I provided. It was fried chicken and I pulled some of the breading off. Then DD had her sleepover and I made them pizzas. I wanted that pizza bad and I was so tired by then I couldn't even think about making another meal for myself. Luckily I had a leftover chicken breast in the frig. I took the toppings off a peice of pizza and put them on the chicken. It wasn't bad! Sunday, was bad for tasting stuff. I made a cake and tried hard not to lick the icing off my fingers, but I kind of failed. I did manage not to eat the pasta they demanded for birthdays dinners though.

I'm still tired from Saturday. I made it to my exercise class this morning, but I just couldn't keep up. I felt like I had a twin sister on either leg. That's a great image, Fay. I was surprised to find myself liking exercise classes. You should try one. I never thought I was a joiner, but it's nice to have that little social connection when you exercise. I guess I'm rambling now!

Petra, I remember "lying down" was a hard one for our big dog to learn. In fact, the woman running the obedience class tried to wrestle her to the ground at one point and got nipped. I don't know why it would be harder than sit....

Well, I'm going to stop rambling now and eat my lunch. Nice to see everyone.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #6  

Someone sent me pictures from the test on Sat. If I can figure out how to send the properly cropped and fixed photos, I'll try to post a couple. There is a good one with Tammy sitting next to me and one where she has to stay while I walk 20 feet away. You get a good shot of my big fat butt in that one, LOL. Having trouble with this right now.

In other news, went to GNC today to buy some isopure whey protein in chocolate and they were out so now I have to make another trip. What a pain.

Last edited by petra65; 04-28-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #7  

I give up trying to post the other picture. I couldn't figure out how to get it to post.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You did a great job petra no matter if the dog did not pass this first time. think about it you have had so many issues with him... so dust off and keep trying.

I am laughing at trying to wrestle the dog to the ground druing obedience training class. way to funny. myu dog niped one of the boys when they were smaller but they deserved it. they pulled the hair in his butt or poked him in the butt I do not remember which one it was but they did deserve to be nipped.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya Lolitas! Well we've got Monday under our belts . . . hmmm, its about 10:15pm here so guessing its about 10:15AM in Bangkok? Howzit going Fay?

You are SO BUSY lynn! Great job putting the pizza topping on the chicken BTW!

I'm getting ready to get busy . . . up for re-election - which is beyond odd since we're on lay off! No real way to campaign so will have to rely on my record, I guess. DO have a Cinco Function this Saturday Nite & then the Election Day Hobnobbing.

I'm exhausted already.

Taking our Ginger-Pup to her spay appointment with destiny tomorrow - she's already had her last meal - same day service so she'll be back tomorrow nite.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #10  
aud
lc lifestyle

Poor Gingie . . . we could tellshe thought she was at the groomers this morning.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #11  

Poor Gingie. I feel strongly that dogs (and cats) should be nuetered, but it's hard when it's your dog or cat going through it. I had a strange dog experience this a.m. Driving DD16 to school and we stopped at a light and there was a dog barking really close by. Strange since we're driving on a fairly busy street. So I looked in my rear view mirror and here's this skinny chocolate lab looking around the cab of the pick up behind us. She was in the back. I knew our skinny lab was in the house when I left, but it looked just like her and she seemed to be barking for help. I actually called DH and made him check to see if our dog was home (she was). DD16 just thought I had lost my mind. And I don't even like the big dog!

She's the one who nipped the obedience teacher. I think that one was really the teacher's fault. My sister happened to be visiting and she and I were watching the class and I thought she was going to climb over the fence and wrestle the teacher off the dog. I think DH was secretly proud of her - one reason she's such a PITA!

So I got to thinking yesterday afternoon that last night was the only evening I'd be home in time to do any yard work, so I went and spent $80 on flowers and started planting. Then I had to cover them because there was a frost possible. But if I didn't manage to kill the ones I covered, I also got the little fence put back around the little garden so it looks much better. That's one of the things I wanted to do before we have people over on Saturday. I still have to plant the front containers, but I think I can do that on Wed. evening, even if I have to use the porch light!

I bought a brisket for dinner and breakfasts this week. It was $24 and I don't plan to share it with the family. I suspect it's got more sodium than I need, but it's all cooked and ready so I can just rip off a few hunks when I'm hungry. Usually I cook a lot of meat on weekends and eat leftovers, but this past weekend I spent my cooking time and energy making pasta for the birthday parties. I can stay OP pretty easily during the week, but the weekends are hard! I hope I can do better this weekend.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Good Day to all! I'm under the weather today with a stomach problem (tied to meno I'm sure as I have cramps as well). I'm going into the office late as I'm really feeling sick. I have a meeting tonight so taking the day off is not in the cards alas. I'm hoping things improve.

I did just motivate myself to go into the backyard. I took the lazy route and used the hose to spray the dog presents into the shrubbery instead of picking up and disposing of them appropriately. I will regret that I'm sure.

DD9 is completely into the new season of Tila Tequila Shot at Love 2. Lord give me strength. Auddie...I'm afraid what will happen when she discovers Rock of Love. She is quite bent out of shape everytime she checks On Demand and does not find any additions to the Girls Next Door section. Life is simpler when you are 9 no?

Well, I'm officially boring. Nothing exciting to report though after today I feel I deserve a drop in pants size. tee hee.

ox sc
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #13  

SIC, sorry you're sick! Where is everyone else? I'm so disappointed when I get on here at lunch time and don't find lots of juicy chat.
Today is my WI day and I'm up four pounds!! Not good. I'm not changing my ticker though because I'm trying to believe it's just water weight from the salty brisket I've been eating. I've been straying off plan some, but only a few mis-steps here and there. It doesn't seem like 4 pounds worth.
I've been really tired lately too. I've been to the gym, but not really keeping up with the class and it's a class I've been doing for years (literally). I think I'm just tired. Sometimes I tend to find my point of "too much" and this may be it. I got all excited this morning when DD16 told me her track meet isn't Friday, it's next Tuesday. So I get to go to the store on Friday and maybe even do some laundry! Oh boy!! So getting excited about shopping and laundry is definitely not a good sign!
Where's Lily been? Hope she's all right. And everyone else too.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #14  

I'm alive. Overstressed by work. Will try to catch up with you all soon. I'm at least lurking.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Oh Petra: I just saw your photo thumbnail from the training! I don't know how I missed it before. Very cute! Hope your work stress diminishes. I had a very quick meeting tonight. I'm already home! Goodness that Board whipped through their business in about 20 minutes and did not endulge in any witty repartee with stockholders present. It was all, "Thank you for your comment we will take it under advisement". The corporate speak for "bite me". Lovely to be home while it is still light out. No dinner plans. The meno nausea and cramps from today make food decidedly unappealing. The plus is that the only thing I did today was that meeting and I managed not to get drenched in sweat on the way there or during the meeting. Good thing. I had a ton of make up on. I mean, not like Tammy Faye or anything since I normally don't wear much the fact I had eye shadow on along with lipstick and mascara made me feel like a full on harlot. Speaking of Tammy Faye, I really liked that woman God rest her soul. I know it is not a popular opinion and I only became familiar with her after the whole PTL meltdown thing but darn it... I really liked her. She faced up to every naysayer and nasty person and was so forgiving of hateful things they said and always seemed to have a kind word for everyone. The hits just kept on coming. Ah well, that is my take for the day about liking someone that other people kind of looked down on. I just dug her.

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote