20-Somethings - "just beachy" side challenge!!

View Full Version : "just beachy" side challenge!!

jayohwhy
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
okay, twenty something gals! no matter what team we are, [even though i am red-- roar!], here's the side challenge. a lot of people have the goal of staying on plan for the duration of the challenge, and i think that would be a great thing for us to decide on the side.

so, for the next 15 weeks, i'm thinking that we try to stay on plan for both
1. eating according to our respective plans
2. exercise!

for all of you guys who ended up being too late to enter this tbl challenge, come JOIN US!

allright guys, lets do this!

taragettingthin
04-28-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm in Black team and I'm sooo with you on the side challenge. I think it will help a lot for sure!! =)

just keep swimming
04-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Sounds great! I'm in.

LittleBigGirl
04-28-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm throw'n down for Blue Team!!! Go Blue!!!!:woohoo:

bjeweled
04-28-2008, 01:35 AM
i'm with you! Go ReD TeAm!

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 03:08 AM
I'm soo in!! Yay for the Blue Team!!

dandk0204
04-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm in Go RED

Fat Chick B Gone
04-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Woot woot go RED!! I'm in!
I do have one "cheat" day a week, not a crazy day but where I'm not so strict with the calories but as this is part of my personal plan it lets me stay OP.

MonteCristo
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm in. GO RED!!!

jayohwhy
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Woot woot go RED!! I'm in!
I do have one "cheat" day a week, not a crazy day but where I'm not so strict with the calories but as this is part of my personal plan it lets me stay OP.

i think that if you have PLANNED a cheat day, then you are on plan! :D like, i'm taking a few days off for my birthday parties [it's weird but i have five birthday events every year], and i have already mentally planned what i'm going to eat, so i figure that i am being on plan! as long as you are doing other things like drinking your water-- i'm mostly talking to myself because i'm trying to remember to drink all my water and take vitamins!

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I gave myself chocolate as my one free snack. Dh is gonna be gone for 2 months, and I'll need something comforting, and I chose chocolate, lol. But I figured I'll only eat chocolate if I have the money to buy it, and only on sundays, which are my days off.

Does anyone else feel left out of the group chats?? Is it just me? LoL!!

jillybean720
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Does anyone else feel left out of the group chats?? Is it just me? LoL!!
I think as the challenge progresses, all teams will lose some people. Some people quit, some kind of disappear, some gain and get frustrated and never return...I think once the teams thin out a bit, it will be easier. (not that I'm hoping people drop off the teams, of course, but with so many people, it really is pretty much inevitable).

jayohwhy
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
hey guys! day 1, is it?

my day 1 was pretty anticlimatic. my plan is really weird right now because i am in the middle of metabolic adjustment so i am trying to eat more food so my metabolism will be used to a larger amount of food again. i'm not supposed to be losing weight but i am. its really funny because its the only time i've ever been puzzled by losing weight instead of gaining it.

how was you guys' day 1?

Shopaholic1204
04-28-2008, 10:57 PM
My day went okay. My eating was great..but I only worked out once. I hurt myself this morning, and then I went back to sleep, lol. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

just keep swimming
04-29-2008, 12:57 AM
My day 1 was OK, didn't get to exercise as much as I would have liked. I did, however, run half a mile without getting winded for the first time in a LONG time, which felt really good. I've been eating up around 1800 calories, I think, and exercising a lot, but I really think I need to bump it back down to 1600 to re-jumpstart my weight loss, especially now that the Biggest Loser challenge has started!

So, that is my goal for our side challenge: try to eat around 1600 calories a day, keep tracking everything I eat and all my exercise on the Daily Plate, try to keep my calories in vs. calories out at the level suggested on the Daily Plate, allow myself one day every two weeks where I eat closer to my maintenance level, eventually be able to run a mile in under 10 minutes, and I'm sure I will think of more. Wow, that's a lot of goals! Mainly I really want to focus on eating better, though, and stop trying to "make up" for eating poorly by exercising more.

Let's rock this challenge, ladies! (Especially the black team :lol:)

Fat Chick B Gone
04-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Day 1 was good for me, totally OP. Just did a 30min walk with the dogs. My knee has been bothering me slightly so I'm not pushing it. After taking it easy yesterday and sleeping with it elevated it feels great today! Going to spinning tonight for the first time :o I'm scared!

mesilla
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey Can I Join!?? I'm not part of the "Biggest Loser" challenge but I definately am going to need some extra motivation and accountability this summer so I think this will be great!

Today was not so good because I pulled an almost-allnighter last night and the caffeine and bad snack foods make me feel horrible today. But I am back on track and ready to go for a run and do weights followed by a very nutritious dinner! :)

PrettyPaula
04-29-2008, 08:33 AM
hey everyone, can i get in on this,... if a little late!!

Ive been fine, on plan and as yet not exercised, for the simple reason my back is killing me.

Ive had physio this morning again and im gonna try and get at least 30 minutes on my cardio trainer thingy machine later on today.

Eating on plan, hoping i slip into ketosis any time now really, then i should see a nice big loss.

:)

MonteCristo
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
My day 1 went farily well. My goals for this challenge are to eat under 45 carbs a day (with one free meal every two weeks), drink at least 100 oz of water a day, and to stick with my running program. I only had about 20 carbs yesterday, and drank over 120 oz of water, and did my running.

jayohwhy
04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Mesilla and Pretty Paula- of COURSE you guys can be in! the more the merrier! :D

good job on your day 1's, guys!

i woke up to find that they are changing the range on my stove, so no food until they are done wreaking more havoc on my kitchen :( i am so OVER this whole construction thing!

bjeweled
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
happy birthday shopaholic!:hug:

Shopaholic1204
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
happy birthday shopaholic!:hug:

Thank you :D

taragettingthin
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
My day 1 went good. Went to gym, did over 60 minutes of cardio/strength dvd...and stopped when I was satisfied. Also, it was nice to see that I lost 3.4lbs in a week... def gave me motivation!!

My day 2: great. I ate when I was hungry, stopped when I was satisfied, haven't even reached 1,000 cals yet. ( I haven't had dinner yet so... )
I also went to gym, and did 55 minutes of cardio/strength dvd, so I'm right on track. =)

LittleBigGirl
04-30-2008, 08:41 AM
These last two days have been a little surreal for me. I have nasty insomnia and didn't sleep for 72 hrs. I got 6 hrs now. I actually ate less then was healthy and probably shouldn't have exercised but did anyway. My body is protesting now. Oh well, I'll take a day or two off to recover. A little worried about loosing momentum though.:(

Fat Chick B Gone
04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey girls, so far so good. Did the spinning class last night, not for me but at least I got a good exercise in. I'm playing tennis with a friend tonight probably for about an hour, also have to walk the dogs for about 30 mins. Tomorrow is Yoga and walking. Friday is a rest day.

jayowhy - ugh I need my stove even if it's just to boil water, yuck!

littlebiggirl - I hate to hear you're not sleeping, I have trouble with that too (not as bad as you) from time to time. Have you talked to your doctor about taking anything?

Shopaholic1204
04-30-2008, 11:12 AM
My 2nd day was pretty good. I think it helps that I've been keeping track of what I'm eating on fitday.com and in my blog on myspace. My legs hurt from yesterday's workout, but I'm trying to work through the pain. My arms feel great though. They dont hurt or anything. I think it was because over the weekend, I played nothing but the Wii, and my arms just got over the soreness, lol. So I'm gonna take a guess and say that it takes my body 3 or so days to get used to the pain or whatever. I'm not gonna quit. The more I do it, the less it will hurt!!!

LittleBigGirl~I'm so sorry you're not sleeping. Do you at least try to nap during the day?? Maybe your doctor can help you?

jayohwhy
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
my day 2 was okay. i'm on metabolic adjustment for the next week [which i think i've mentioned]-- which is like i'm supposed to eat normal amounts of food to adjust my metabolism again without gaining weight. it's really nerve wracking cuz i dont want to regain weight but i'm not supposed to lose it either. i planned it this way so that the next few days i can eat protein in the mornings so i can have whatever i want for my five bday events [i know its crazy but i have like four or five events every year]-- this year its

thurs night [actual bday]- family dinner
fri night - drinks at this really great lounge and 'made of honor' with college friends
sat night- dinner and bowling with church friends
sunday- hiking and dinner with former roomates
monday- alicia keys concert with best friends and sister!

so i know what i'm doing-- the plan i'm on says that i can have protein portions for breakfast, snack, lunch, and my mid afternoon snack so that i can eat what i want at an event without gaining weight.. but i'm nervous, it kind of makes me so nervous that i can't really enjoy food which is sad because its my bday-- the only time out of the year where you get your food and drinks for free plus presents!

Fat Chick B Gone- omg, it was terrible! i kept on staring from the range from afar longingly. after the workers left i cooked ALL the food i should eat today and packed it up in protest of being hungry ALL day. :P how was spinning, btw?

LittleBigGirl-- aww... i've never heard of someone not being to sleep for the reasons you stated, but it sounds terrible! i dont know what to suggest except for like.. systematic relaxation...

taragettingthin
05-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Apr-30: Sigh... sigh... Well, I was so tired that I skipped the gym, which I usually go before picking up my DD from daycare. But I did get to do 55 minutes of strength/pilates dvd.
I also stayed OP for eating, as I did stop when I was full.

I'm about to get off work...I think I may stop by Wal-mart to get some stuff for tomorrow's dinner and also see if they have any more workout dvds. Who would've thought I would get "addicted" to workout dvds?! I'm one of those ppl who has been to Bally's not even 10 times in 2 year I paid for...and looking at last month's exercise challenge, I worked out almost everyday! YAY!!! =)

Well, I'm going to go get some water in my bottle so I have something to drink on the way home. Have a good night everyone!!

Shopaholic1204
05-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Today is gonna be a really hard day. Dh is leaving in 2 hours and I just feel sick to my stomach. We'll see how it all goes down..

LittleBigGirl
05-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Hay everyone,

I caught up on sleep and I feel much better. I actually have a prescribed sleep medication but it doesn't really work for me the way it's supposed to. This is the fourth kind I've tried.:( Oh well at least it doesn't happen often. Thanks for the well wishes though.

mesilla
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Day 2 and 3 were great eating-wise. I went to a party last night and had several drinks so that was a lot of unnecessary calories... but it was fun! :)
I went for a nice long run today and am just sitting down to my super healthy dinner!

Fat Chick B Gone
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey girls. I was supposed to play tennis last night but all the courts were full :mad:

My friend and I instead went for a 45 minute walk around the park and neighborhood. He has ridiculously long legs but was struggling a bit to keep up with me :carrot:
We now know to either go right after work or wait until after 8 or so to play, everyone has been taking advantage of the nice weather apparently!!

Shopaholic1204
05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Okay well...today wasnt so much of a bad day. I had my little cry fest this morning, and that seemed to help. I did my workouts today and have been eating good. I weighed myself today and I've lost 6 pounds since last week. :carrot:

mesilla
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi all... Day 4 has just started out well for me. I woke up early and went to the gym. And the best part? The scale said 150.4 which means I am pretty much at my halfway point! I am so excited!
I plan on going for a nice long run tonight and then am going out club hopping tonight so there will be lots of dancing! :)

jayohwhy
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
i'm so glad that things are going well for you guys!

shopaholic-- congrats on the 6lbs and hanging in there!

mesilla- nice job on the halfway

today was my birthday so i took the day off but i still tried to stay low carb. i guess the scale will tell me tomorrow, but on the up side, i got my WII! i'm, like, super excited! i'll be even happier when wii fit comes out :D

Shopaholic1204
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
:bday2you::hb:

YAY on the Wii! Hope you enjoy it!!

just keep swimming
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Happy birthday, Jayohwhy!! My parents just bought a Wii recently, and I'm hoping they buy the Wii Fit, too, so I can play when I visit. :)

mesilla
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
The weekend was pretty good for me although I did slip up last night with some late-night snacking. I'm back at a today and ready to work for those summer goals!!

How is everyone else doing?

jayohwhy
05-06-2008, 04:23 AM
thanks for the bday wishes, guys.. i've been so crazy celebrating that i have barely had a chance to take a breather--- but here is my update. my eating has been a bit wonky since i'm on metabolic adjustment, but i think that overall my eating is still better than it was before i started my plan, so i'm happy.

i'm also addicted to my wii and i love how i can have a technological addiction that makes me MOVE! :D

mesilla
05-09-2008, 05:59 AM
hi girls... the last week has not been so great for my eating-wise as it was my last week of finals and i was super stressed and majorly sleep deprived... and late night snacking definately got the best of me.

But in all honesty I didnt do that bad and yesterday for the first time since i started losing weight (30 pound loss) someone commented on my weight loss. so that was great! I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever notice!

So now I am ready to kick my exercise and eating routine up a notch and really get in shape for all the bikinis I plan on wearing this summer! ;)

How is everyone else doing? All the Best!