20-Somethings - Here is a question for ya

View Full Version : Here is a question for ya

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok I bought this amazing creme pants on sale for my brothers wedding but I bought them three weeks ago.

I tried them on with the shoes I got. (I am going to brag now: They are chocolate brown coach shoes and are AWESOME) but the pants are ALMOST too big - they fit perfectly but any more weight-loss and they will be too big.

I called lane bryant and they are out of the 16 and can't order them.

The pants make my whole outfit and the wedding is in a week so it's not like I can try them on the night before and get them tailored - I also cannot wear a belt because they don't have belt holes.

Do I maintain my weight for a week?

Any ideas?

CookieMonster416
04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
My advice, go to a tailor and demand that they get done, and if one tailor can't do it then go to another one. Someone will be willing to do it within the week if you offer to pay extra for the rush. I've had someone tailor a dress in the same day that I had an event.

bargoo
04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
In my case I go down a size after losing about 15 pounds. I don't know if that is the same for you., but I don't think that a week will make much difference in how they fit. If you think they are too loose , go to a tailor and have them altered.If they fit perfectly now leave them alone.

graciegoose13
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much, not unless they're way too loose right now. Like bargoo said, lthough you'll probably be able to tell the difference, one week's loss wouldn't really show a crazy amount in your clothing.

If you feel more comfortable maybe you could have a back up outfit in mind? Something that would match you fabulous shoes, obviously ;)

Lovely
04-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Just one week? Naw... don't worry about it. Most likely a pound or two won't show too much of a difference right now. Keep on doing what you're doing. I'm sure the pants will look fabulous!

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I shoulda known the answer to my question LOL. I guess being the sister of the groom has put some pressure on me to look good...GOD weddings are stressful.

bargoo
04-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Tell us more about your outfit.....especially the shoes.

lissa9501
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
i wanna see the shoes lol

and the outfit you're gonna wear lol
if you share i'll have my hubby snap a pic of me dressed up for a MK meeting tomorrow

utgirl09
04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I guess being the sister of the groom has put some pressure on me to look good...GOD weddings are stressful.

Yes they are. Yesterday my sister got married and I was a bridesmaid. It seemed everything had to be perfect. I got my hair and makeup done and had a mani/pedi. The wedding ended up being gorgeous though. She got married on a large pond in the middle of the mountains on a little penninsula that jutted out into the middle of the pond. I am sure you will look GREAT in those pants in your brother's wedding.

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 09:03 PM
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/onelittlebox/items/item.aspx?itemid=2284786

The shoes!

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10653&category_id=621

The bag!

Picture will come after the wedding. I promise. Plus - that way I can sneak pictures of the boy in too!

SephyFowl
04-27-2008, 09:41 PM
LOVE YOUR SHOES!!! My weaknesses are shoes and sunglasses..lol I don't think that one or two pounds would THAT noticeable. Go strut your stuff in your coach accessories!

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh honey! Sunglasses are me too. I have this VERY cute pair from Ralph Lauren that I love...however, I can never loose them because they are prescription and cost more than my life.

I allow myself one coach purse a year and thought this was the perfect "excuse" to buy one.

However, I am not one of those girls who wear a lot of pink and make up. Usual days in the summer I am fly fishing and smell like camp fire - but I do have this secret girly side that loves coach.

SephyFowl
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
ME TOO!! On the whole secret girly side. lol I am usually doing the sports thing and getting dirty in the softball sand or vball sand and smelling all nasty, but there is this side that when I get in a dress and some F*ck me shoes I'm ALL girly. Seriously there is a bowl by my door with my sunglasses in it and I'm like hmm which ones today!? I have this pair of sunglasses that are SJP Bitten from Steve and Barry's that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
My favorite purse is my Louis since I had to save up for like months before I could get it. haha best purse I have.. lol.

SassySar81
04-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Love the shoes! I am a big fan of slingbacks. Since I am short I can't wear any of those shoes with a strap around the ankle because they shorten your leg, so slickbacks are the way to go. I just love shoes. It really is an addiction sometimes. In fact I bought 5 new pairs of shoes in the past few days.

Taylor86
04-27-2008, 10:47 PM
The shoes I own:

Sneakers
Hiking
Fishing shoes (they go with waders)
1 pair flip flops
I pair work shoes (black sneakers)
1 pair black steve madden dress shoes
1 pair COACH shoes

That is it. I am not even joking.:rofl::rofl:

I will usually buy another pair of flip flops during the summer because I will wear the ones I have out.

SephyFowl
04-27-2008, 10:53 PM
The shoes I own:

Sneakers
Hiking
Fishing shoes (they go with waders)
1 pair flip flops
I pair work shoes (black sneakers)
1 pair black steve madden dress shoes
1 pair COACH shoes

OMG I can't even believe that.. I have so many that I couldn't list them unless I took inventory!! I have a whole closet that on the floor are just shoes and then y'know those shoe holder things that hang from the doors, YEAH two of those and then two bins that are "out of season" shoes, like if it's summer, there will be snow boots and such. I think I TOO have an addiction, but I do at least wear them at least once a year and then I have my go to's..

EDIT: Go get yourself some heels girl..! lol

graciegoose13
04-28-2008, 01:38 AM
oh man, shoe addiction runs in my family! this is kinda funny but right now my mom is in a "shoe fast" for a year...she realized that she owns so many shoes that she promised my dad she won't buy anymore for a year!

and taylor, you'll definitely have to post pictures...weddings are the best!

taragettingthin
04-28-2008, 02:53 AM
When I was in Korea, I had like 2 pairs of shoes because my feet were too big. I wear "only" like 9W... but that's HUGE for women's feet. I never even owned a pair of boots until I moved to Canada..because of size. Now, I don't even know how many pairs of shoes I got. lol.
(Sometimes I wonder if I was even supposed to be a Korean.. big feet, big boobs, tall, "big bone"...lol)

Erika79
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
What everyone else said ;) I'm down 10 pounds and haven't changed sizes yet. Of course, everyone is way different... but I wouldn't think 1-2 lbs will change too much in the actual size of clothes. So, keep workin' it!!!!

Btw- can't WAIT to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bargoo
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I am a shoe freak, too. I have to get stern with myself when I go by the shoe department. I really, really do not need another pair of shoes. I usually can't resit and give in.

utgirl09
04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I have never really been a shoe person until the beginning of this year. Then, in January I really do not know what happened. I went shoe happy and everywhere I went there were shoes I just had to have. I think the main thing is there are shoes in style now that I really like that are available in many styles, colors, designs, etc. Like I really love ballet flats. I own many pairs in many brands. I never thought I would be a shoe person, but I now have to say I DO LOVE SHOES!

net knee
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I am addicted to Old Navy flip flops... I have at least 10 pairs. Cheap comfy and the next best thing to going bare foot! Other than my flip flops I have one pair of sneakers, one pair of heels, and one pair of plain jane dress shoes. Oh and about 10 pairs of slippers too... Not a girly girl type so I live in jeans t-shirt and flip flops!

Taylor86
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Net I am a jeans tee-shirt and flip-flops girl myself!

I do love heels but I think because of the weight I carry my feet tend to really hurt a lot quicker in heels then in flats.

I PROMISE pictures soon. Rehearsal / rehearsal dinner is tonight and wedding is tomorrow.

Wish my luck! I know I can keep my head up being the biggest girl there.

CandyKisses0204
05-03-2008, 10:16 AM
i love jeans and flip flops too. but im pretty sure i have at LEAST 30 pairs of flip flops. Every color/style/shape/design you could imagine.