South Beach Diet - Discouraged, but ready to change that!

mandyleigh
04-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey Ladies!!

I was here a few months back, but fell way off the wagon and watched it drive away!! I've been making excuse after excuse not to start again, but I can't do that anymore! I went shopping yesterday and literally cried in the dressing room. Just thinking about it now makes me want to cry all over again!! :(

But I've made my grocery list and am about to head out to the store to begin my new weight loss mission!!!! :carrot:

tdiprincess
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
GREAT JOB!!! We all get discouraged. I'm doing P1 for the second time because DH and I cheated the whole time!!! LOL... But you can do it!!! That's why we come here...to get the support we need to keep going!!

ladybugnessa
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
good luck...

what do you think caused you to stop last time, and how is that going to be different now?

mary83
04-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Today is a new day!!! Good luck!!

mandyleigh
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, what started it last time was that I got the flu. I was sick and out of commission for almost 3 weeks and had people cooking for me. Naturally they were cooking things they knew I loved....mac n cheese, soups, all sorts of things that were notw on my "not so good list"....then a series of personal events unfolded and I ended up gaining back every pound I lost initially.

How am I going to handle it differently....well...if I get sick...I'll just try to be a bit more selective about what I eat, but if I fall off due to being sick, I"ll just have to pick the pieces up sooner!

movielover
04-27-2008, 03:21 PM
You can do it!!!

Good luck!

tdiprincess
04-27-2008, 03:29 PM
it is hard when sick to pick up the pieces. But, it is very important to pick up as soon as possible. Even DH and I goofing off and then my grandma died. We strted P1 a few days after the funeral...we gave ourselves some time to breathe and then restarted!! And this time, sooo committed!!
You can do it!!! :carrot:

noleschick92
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I was here a few months back, but fell way off the wagon and watched it drive away!!

Boy, that describes me as well. I did my grocery shopping today and will start ...ahem... REstart phase 1 tomorrow.

I was derailed by stress... and too much work... It WILL be better this time around.

You can do it!

ladybugnessa
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
good to know for yourself what the problem was.

the key is that this is a permanent lifestyle and we have to keep going no matter what... but it's very very hard when you get sick early on.

storm69
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Apologies for taking this slightly off-topic, but I was searching for stuff to do with Mandyleigh Storm (a singer/songwriter who just released an album) and came across this thread (and Mandyleigh of course).
It's a very unique name, so I was surprised to see someone else with it as well. I think you are the only other person in the world with the same name.
good luck with your diets ("a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"), as I know how hard it is to stay committed and focussed. Respect to all of you.

tomandkara
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Mandy, good luck starting tomorrow! Keep posting!!!

Kara

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Mandy, you CAN do it this time! I remember those crying sessions in the dressing room all too well and they kept me motivated when I started SB. I kept them in mind when tempted by something I know wasn't good for me. I remember skipping events because I couldn't find anything to wear. Horrible feeling!

I can tell you that going into a dressing room now and having everything fit and look good is so much more rewarding than having a cookie or mac and cheese! The "thrill" of the cookie only lasts a couple of minutes. The thrill of buying cute new clothes lasts a lot longer and is no comparison to a cookie!!

cottagebythesea
04-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Mandy, you CAN do it this time! I remember those crying sessions in the dressing room all too well and they kept me motivated when I started SB. I kept them in mind when tempted by something I know wasn't good for me. I remember skipping events because I couldn't find anything to wear. Horrible feeling!

I can tell you that going into a dressing room now and having everything fit and look good is so much more rewarding than having a cookie or mac and cheese! The "thrill" of the cookie only lasts a couple of minutes. The thrill of buying cute new clothes lasts a lot longer and is no comparison to a cookie!!

VERY well said, Cat! :)

mandyleigh
04-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement!!!

Cat -- that's exactly what I'm holding on to as my motivation!!! And as for skipping events because I don't have anything to wear...yea...I've turned down dates becuase I had nothing to wear....PITIFUL!!! But NO MORE! I sucked it up and bought clothes in a size I NEVER thought I"d be in....to have something decent to wear IF I get asked out on a date again!! haha

I have a hurdle coming up at the end of May...going on a vacation to Alaska..but I"m already sort of planning for that. By then I"ll be well in to PH2 and am planning on stopping at a grocery the night that I land. All of the hotel have fitness centers...so 30 minutes at the end of each day...although everyday will be filled with physical activities.

Cat....I'm guessing by the Cafe du Monde can that you're actually in New Orleans?? I'm in Hammond now, but grew up in Folsom. Did you go to JazzFest this weekend? I'm hoping to go next saturday to catch Buffett...but by the looks of it, it's going to be another MudFest!

Ruthxxx
04-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Mandy, great attitude! Please hang out with us a lot.

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Something that I found that has kept me motivated was everytime I was feeling like cheating or doubting myself I tried on an outfit that was just a bit too small.....and then envisioned how great it would look with just 5-10 more lbs. gone.

Mandy - another lousiananian! DH and I had talked about getting to Jazz Fest, but with the weather this past weekend and Festival International going on....we decided to stay in town. We might be headed down to NO soon. DH wants to stay in a B&B and then go to the markets in the morning. Has anyone been to Crescent City market? I'm really interested in checking it out.

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Uh, Mandy!! I live in beautiful downtown Hammond!! Originally from N.O. but came here to go to SLU a zillion years ago and never left. So that means we can meet at Tommy's sometime and get a greek salad with grilled jumbo shrimp, right???

And yep was planning on going to jazz fest on sat. and catch Buffet and really wanted to see Mooney, Marcia Ball and New Laviathon Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra, but waiting to see if the weather changes. I've been to slopfest before and it isn't appealing.

Oh yeah, Organic Planet stocks a lot of good stuff, like Ezekial Bread, Fage 0% Greek yogurt and agave necter etc if you haven't checked it out yet. And just think, by the time we have a mall again, you can hit it with a vengence!!!! Think "little black dress"

zeffryn
04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
We should definitely have a meeting of the Louisiana Beachers.

mandyleigh
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
A gathering of the Louisiana minds...now THAT would be frightening!!! hahaha...sounds great!!

Cat...I live over by the Hospital...I too went to Southeastern, and I was working here in Hammond, but recently switched jobs and am working in Franklinton now...so that's one heck of a hike!!

MMMMMMMMMMM Tommy's.....we would NOT be able to go on half price pitcher night!! haha

How many LA gals are here?? We need to start a thread just for us...if there isn't one already???

femmecreole
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
VERY SMALL WORLD!! We live in the same "neighborhood". I'm 1/2 block from Michabelle. My husband works at SLU and my youngest son is a senior there.

nellagirl
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Good Luck!